• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I decided to test out my Toon Link a little more, and I was demolished by a Jigglypuff. Coinsidence? I think not. :p

@ Jiggly Jiggly Wow you could tell all that in one battle? I should battle someone like you so I can have a better understanding of what I'm doing wrong. (Other than the fact that I suck.)
Let me get a match out you. The Right Reverend Deacon Father needs a little practice with Toon Links.

D

Deleted member

So, to recap what just happened:

He used luigi, was doing good at first, but I figured out his playstyle. 2 stocked with a rest final kill. I won all 3 games, and I am done now.

I am Lord Jiggly...
I would love to fight you some time to know more about the Jigglypuff match-up. As a Luigi and Shulk main, Jigglypuff gives me a hard time.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
go to settings and make sure that it is using the output setting you have it connected to, mine randomily changes between CRT/HD sometimes
In the TV settings? Resolution?
I can't change it, it says:
"Unable to apply setting.
Check that your TV is on and that the TV and console are properly connected."

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
In the TV settings? Resolution?
I can't change it, it says:
"Unable to apply setting.
Check that your TV is on and that the TV and console are properly connected."
go to tv connection type, it seems your tv isnt being picked up by the wii u.

I would love to fight you some time to know more about the Jigglypuff match-up. As a Luigi and Shulk main, Jigglypuff gives me a hard time.
I'm avaliable whenever

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So...now that my Wii U doesn't work (I will not play with the Gamepad) XD

Who wants to play an extremly laggy Smash 3DS match later? I know, sounds awesome.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I have no idea what just happened earlier.... All hail Lord Jiggly?
To make it short for you, I am the Right Reverend Deacon Father MarioMeteor, praise Lord Jigglypuff and you shall remain unharmed.
Yeah GGs. I was? I figured you were bored because of my terrible gameplay. I think it's because my attack style is sort of repetitive, and easy to get around.
That may be so, but sometimes a challenge isn't everything. Sometimes you just want a chill, laid-back match, and that's exactly what you gave me. So, you know, thank you. Lord Jigglypuff shall erect a statue in your honor. Well, maybe not, but he'll reward you somehow.
Who here has read Elijah of Buxton?

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So here is my Bandana Dee Moveset. Please give feedback. I'd like to see what other people think about it. I was going for a spacing character.
Neutral Attack-Stabs, Stabs repeatedly, then follows up with a bigger stab 1%,1% per hit (6 hits),3%
Dash Attack-Slashes with spear, then slashes again 3%,7%
Forward Tilt-Stabs 7%
Up Tilt-Stabs upward 8%
Down Tilt-Slides on the floor. This can trip opponents 8%
Forward Smash-Stabs 18%-25%
Up Smash-Stabs overhead 16%-22%
Down Smash-Spins with Spear extended 14%-19%
Neutral Aerial-Flips with spear extended 6%
Forward Aerial-Slashes 9%
Back Aerial-Attacks with the butt of the spear 10%
Up Aerial-Slashes overhead 5%
Down Aerial-Slashes underfoot 6%
Grab-Grabs. Very short
Pummel-Stabs with spear 1% per hit
Forward Throw-Throws 7%
Back Throw-Throws backward, then attacks with the butt of the spear 6%
Up Throw-Throws upward 5%
Down Throw-Throws to the ground 8%
Floor-Spins with spear extended 3%
Edge-Stabs as he gets up 4%
Neutral Special-Guard Attack: Waddle Dee jabs the opponent repeatedly and throws many spears. 19%
Custom 1-Fire Guard: Guard attack throws flaming spears 17%
Custom 2-Retaliate: Guard attack is a counter --%
Side Special-Spear Throw: Waddle Dee throws his spear, this can be charged to throw three at once, and throws rapid fire in the air 4
Custom 1-Spear Launch: Throws the spears faster and farther 2%
Custom 2-Spear Flight: The spears are unaffected by gravity 3%
Up Special-Spear Copter: Waddle Dee spins his spear overhead to fly. This can damage foes 3% per hit
Custom 1-Tornado Copter: Spear Copter cannot be controlled, and goes farther up.
Custom 2-Shockwave Copter: Spear copter now sends shockwaves outward 3% per hit
Down Special-Moon Drop: Waddle Dee spins straight down damaging opponents rapidly on the way down. This launches them far when you hit the ground 1% per hit (Falling) 16% (landing)
Custom 1-Gum Drop: Moon Drop no longer damages rapidly going down. Instead launches enemies far and creates a shockwave when you hit the ground 18%
Custom 2-Freeze Drop: Moon Drop will freeze opponents. 8%
Final Smash-Mini Boss: Waddle Dee summons two mini bosses from the Kirby series to attack each other. They serve as a stage hazard until one is defeated, and blows up. The victor disappears and both Mini Bosses can be damaged by the opponents as well as Waddle Dee.
Up Taunt-Dances
Side Taunt-Does a sidestep dance
Down Taunt-Does a shuffle dance
On-Screen Appearance-Lands from a Warp Star
Cheer-Waddle-Dee--Hoo-Hoo-Hoo!
Victory Fanfare-Level Clear (Same as Kirby’s)
Winning Pose-Dances
Loosing Pose-Lies on the floor, defeated
Pallet Swaps-three resembling his alternate colors in Canvas Curse, one that gives him a brown body and face, and a green bandana, One based of Meta Knight’s colors(the spear is golden), A dark green color scheme that is based off the cameo that soldiers wear, One pink one, One Silver one.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I played For Glory for the first time ... Captains Falcon and Links everywhere.
Someday, it will be full of Bandana Dees.
God, I love and hate For Glory. Yesterday, I called a noob because I used Little Mac after I lost. Geez, it's not my fault that he is one of my mains and I actually like playing as him.-_-

And the Links, they always spam their projectiles like crazy. It's too predictable. I met an exception a few days after I buy Smash Wiiu. He's on my friend list now because he was very good and we had some fun matches.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I rarely find Villagers don't that think they are invincible behind their tree. This was really funny while playing as Dr. Mario. He just kept chopping away at the tree because I was just standing next to it. When the tree started coming down I reflected it, effectively killing the villager. I think there is a reason for this though. Level 9 CPUs will run into your tree all the time. They don't know how to get around it. I find that a lot of Captain Falcons will just spam Falcon Kick, and use Falcon Punch at the stupidest times. So stupid that I rush in for a counter, mess up the timing, and get KOed. -.-

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
eh, @ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor was being an ignorant dork, and then I slammed him. he's trying to regain dignity by denying the truth :p
Dignity? You think I lost dignity or anything else over that match? The only thing it cost me was time. Get off your high horse.
So here is my Bandana Dee Moveset. Please give feedback. I'd like to see what other people think about it. I was going for a spacing character.
Neutral Attack-Stabs, Stabs repeatedly, then follows up with a bigger stab 1%,1% per hit (6 hits),3%
Dash Attack-Slashes with spear, then slashes again 3%,7%
Forward Tilt-Stabs 7%
Up Tilt-Stabs upward 8%
Down Tilt-Slides on the floor. This can trip opponents 8%
Forward Smash-Stabs 18%-25%
Up Smash-Stabs overhead 16%-22%
Down Smash-Spins with Spear extended 14%-19%
Neutral Aerial-Flips with spear extended 6%
Forward Aerial-Slashes 9%
Back Aerial-Attacks with the butt of the spear 10%
Up Aerial-Slashes overhead 5%
Down Aerial-Slashes underfoot 6%
Grab-Grabs. Very short
Pummel-Stabs with spear 1% per hit
Forward Throw-Throws 7%
Back Throw-Throws backward, then attacks with the butt of the spear 6%
Up Throw-Throws upward 5%
Down Throw-Throws to the ground 8%
Floor-Spins with spear extended 3%
Edge-Stabs as he gets up 4%
Neutral Special-Guard Attack: Waddle Dee jabs the opponent repeatedly and throws many spears. 19%
Custom 1-Fire Guard: Guard attack throws flaming spears 17%
Custom 2-Retaliate: Guard attack is a counter --%
Side Special-Spear Throw: Waddle Dee throws his spear, this can be charged to throw three at once, and throws rapid fire in the air 4
Custom 1-Spear Launch: Throws the spears faster and farther 2%
Custom 2-Spear Flight: The spears are unaffected by gravity 3%
Up Special-Spear Copter: Waddle Dee spins his spear overhead to fly. This can damage foes 3% per hit
Custom 1-Tornado Copter: Spear Copter cannot be controlled, and goes farther up.
Custom 2-Shockwave Copter: Spear copter now sends shockwaves outward 3% per hit
Down Special-Moon Drop: Waddle Dee spins straight down damaging opponents rapidly on the way down. This launches them far when you hit the ground 1% per hit (Falling) 16% (landing)
Custom 1-Gum Drop: Moon Drop no longer damages rapidly going down. Instead launches enemies far and creates a shockwave when you hit the ground 18%
Custom 2-Freeze Drop: Moon Drop will freeze opponents. 8%
Final Smash-Mini Boss: Waddle Dee summons two mini bosses from the Kirby series to attack each other. They serve as a stage hazard until one is defeated, and blows up. The victor disappears and both Mini Bosses can be damaged by the opponents as well as Waddle Dee.
Up Taunt-Dances
Side Taunt-Does a sidestep dance
Down Taunt-Does a shuffle dance
On-Screen Appearance-Lands from a Warp Star
Cheer-Waddle-Dee--Hoo-Hoo-Hoo!
Victory Fanfare-Level Clear (Same as Kirby’s)
Winning Pose-Dances
Loosing Pose-Lies on the floor, defeated
Pallet Swaps-three resembling his alternate colors in Canvas Curse, one that gives him a brown body and face, and a green bandana, One based of Meta Knight’s colors(the spear is golden), A dark green color scheme that is based off the cameo that soldiers wear, One pink one, One Silver one.
A part of me dies everytime Bandanna Dee is called "Waddle Dee".

D

Deleted member

Never fought many Captain Falcons, or Links. I never really see any one character played in rapid succession by more than one person.
I find a lot of Captain Falcons who don't know how to really use him, Marios that love to do the down throw to up tilt combo, spammy Links, campy Links and Toon Links, some scrubby to pretty decent Little Macs, Rosalinas who don't understand how to use Rosalina, people who play as Sheik because they heard that she is OP, Sonics that do the same thing over and over again, Nesses that down throw to forward aerial over and over, and Shulks that don't know what a special move button is and just watch Shulk combo montages.
I used to encounter a lot more Ganondorfs. Now they rarely appear.

I love and hate For Glory.
I love it because I can learn more match-ups and encounter some good opponents.
I hate it for it's set-up (2 stocks? really? and FD only? no Battlefield or Smashville stages?) and matchmaking can range from really terrible opponents to absolute gods.

I played For Glory for the first time ... Captains Falcon and Links everywhere.
Someday, it will be full of Bandana Dees.
I just can't wait for "With Anyone" to become "With Mewtwo" soon!

Dignity? You think I lost dignity or anything else over that match? The only thing it cost me was time. Get off your high horse.
Whoa! Just chill out!

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I have no idea what just happened earlier.... All hail Lord Jiggly?
I barely know either. I fell asleep and woke up to 100+ messages. Oh yea, this is the highest form activity since @Banana Waffle Deed turned me and @ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen into yarn.

I rarely find Villagers don't that think they are invincible behind their tree. This was really funny while playing as Dr. Mario. He just kept chopping away at the tree because I was just standing next to it. When the tree started coming down I reflected it, effectively killing the villager [SPOILER
I always reflect it with Ness's bat.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
For Glory is worth it when when a Palutena ditto occurs, or when I experience the visceral thrill of crushing the righteous plebs between Ganondorf's rippling thighs.

I expect Mewtwo will be similar to Little Mac and Rosalina initially were: everywhere for the first while, then gradually boil down to the dedicated players.

Top Bottom