• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Doesn't liking a post notify the person who posted it? Chandelure might be getting people onto the thread who were on before.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
GUYS.

I'm done with dumb stuff. Now I can devote more time to Kirby's Adventure in Dreamland (working title for Kirby's Adventure remaster) and write out those two things about Kirby.

Spoiler - one has to do with the series itself and relates into the Smash series, while the other focuses on Magolor, Lor Starcutter and Another Dimension.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
GUYS.

I'm done with dumb stuff.
One does not be done with the dumb stuff.

Spoiler - one has to do with the series itself and relates into the Smash series, while the other focuses on Magolor, Lor Starcutter and Another Dimension.
Magalor: Makes him playable by giving him meta kinghts moveset
Lor Starcutter: Make it playable by giving it landia riding abilities
Another Dimension: Make it a normal stage??

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Is it that
the Mirror World is the Smash world? edit: Oops, I thought you said it was the Mirror World instead of Another Dimension. Sorry.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Okay, stuff time...!

Master Hand's Origin confirmed!

Throughout the Smash series, speculation has gone around forever about who Master Hand is, it's origin, etc., yet it all comes down to Smash Bros. 64. For as long as the games have been out, Master Hand has been considered a Super Smash Bros. character, as many consider Smash Bros. 64 to be it's first appearance. However, I have news for you! Master Hand originated from Kirby and is a Kirby character. Now, many may be asking "But isn't Kirby & The Amazing Mirror the only Kirby title that Master Hand appears in?". Well, I now have official confirmation that this isn't the case.

Master Hand first appeared in Kirby's Dreamland. It's always been speculated about whether the hand on the Game Over screen is Master Hand. Through Return to Dreamland files, it is now confirmed that that hand is, indeed, Master Hand! While I was looking over the files for the Game Over screen, these were included...

GoBubble.brres.cmp
GoHat.brres.cmp
GoKirby.brres.cmp
GoMasterHand.brres.cmp
Shadow.brres.cmp

GoMasterHand.brres.cmp holds the model for the Game Over hand. This means that throughout the Kirby series, almost every game has Master Hand in it. Which means... Master Hand is a Kirby character!

This also ties into that Game Theory about Master Hand being Sakurai. While I'll let you guys speculate about that, Master Hand made his first (and last) full appearance in Kirby and The Amazing Mirror. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this the last traditional title (possibly the last title overall) relating to the Kirby series that Sakurai was involved in? At his ending point, Kirby utterly destroys and crushes Masahiro Sakurai's hands, then devours them for an ability. wtf

Energy Spheres are evil...?

I can't go that deep into this because I'm still confused myself about this. When I was messing with Return to Dreamland bosses, I discovered something odd. Over every Sphere Doomer in the game, an Energy Sphere is placed right where the boss is located. Directly on top. The odd thing is, if this Energy Sphere is removed while the boss is kept, Sphere Doomer (or Grand Doomer with the Starcutter part) will not spawn. While this can be interpreted in many ways, here's what I think about it.

The Energy Spheres have some evil energy going on with them. Despite the fact that the pause descriptions say that the Sphere Doomer came from Another Dimension because Energy Spheres is their version of Strawberry Cake, I believe this may be their soul/heart/brain/something. Every time you encounter a Sphere Doomer, they start out as an Energy Sphere until they take their full shape. Sphere Doomer is an enemy trying to kill Kirby. Energy Spheres go towards fixing the Lor Starcutter, a flying spaceship thing controlled by Magolor, the main villian of the game. The Lor Starcutter, when under Magolor's control, is evil (before/after defeating him), trying to kill Kirby and Landia. While I don't have any way to fully connect this, there's a possibility that Landia knew Magolor was evil, and tried to break his ship instead of killing him, as to prevent him from attacking anybody else, as regularly Magolor is weak.

I dunno, you guys do some of your ten page long theories.

---

Alright, onto Kirby's Adventure in Dreamland. AiDL sounds weird.

I've run into a couple problems, so I'm asking you guys for ways to alleviate these.

The main problems are that none of the old bosses can be re-created for this mod, which also means that Magolor and the Lor Starcutter must stay. This affects the main storyline, as it replaces the dreams being stolen, along with the Star Rod. The main solution to this is to edit the levels while keeping the same plot of Kirby exploring for Lor Starcutter's pieces, but the existing bosses clash with Adventure's world theme. I'm not sure how to fix this, so...

Anyways, the main things I'm going to be changing are the levels (including level set models, backgrounds, music), as most of the enemies that I need are still in the game. I'm also trying to make it so that when Kirby gets certain abilties (Ice, Stone, etc.) he changes colors, as he did in the older games. Also, I'm not sure whether to have Copy Ability hats re-modeled to resemble Nightmare in Dreamland or Right Back at Ya! as both have some cool designs. Any other ideas?

Also, going to be recording the first ever modded Return to Dreamland level later today. It's a basic level re-designing Cookie Country 1-1 to look similar to the Lor Starcutter, but it wasn't easy to do.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay, stuff time...!

Master Hand's Origin confirmed!

Throughout the Smash series, speculation has gone around forever about who Master Hand is, it's origin, etc., yet it all comes down to Smash Bros. 64. For as long as the games have been out, Master Hand has been considered a Super Smash Bros. character, as many consider Smash Bros. 64 to be it's first appearance. However, I have news for you! Master Hand originated from Kirby and is a Kirby character. Now, many may be asking "But isn't Kirby & The Amazing Mirror the only Kirby title that Master Hand appears in?". Well, I now have official confirmation that this isn't the case.

Master Hand first appeared in Kirby's Dreamland. It's always been speculated about whether the hand on the Game Over screen is Master Hand. Through Return to Dreamland files, it is now confirmed that that hand is, indeed, Master Hand! While I was looking over the files for the Game Over screen, these were included...

GoBubble.brres.cmp
GoHat.brres.cmp
GoKirby.brres.cmp
GoMasterHand.brres.cmp
Shadow.brres.cmp

GoMasterHand.brres.cmp holds the model for the Game Over hand. This means that throughout the Kirby series, almost every game has Master Hand in it. Which means... Master Hand is a Kirby character!

This also ties into that Game Theory about Master Hand being Sakurai. While I'll let you guys speculate about that, Master Hand made his first (and last) full appearance in Kirby and The Amazing Mirror. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this the last traditional title (possibly the last title overall) relating to the Kirby series that Sakurai was involved in? At his ending point, Kirby utterly destroys and crushes Masahiro Sakurai's hands, then devours them for an ability. wtf

Energy Spheres are evil...?

I can't go that deep into this because I'm still confused myself about this. When I was messing with Return to Dreamland bosses, I discovered something odd. Over every Sphere Doomer in the game, an Energy Sphere is placed right where the boss is located. Directly on top. The odd thing is, if this Energy Sphere is removed while the boss is kept, Sphere Doomer (or Grand Doomer with the Starcutter part) will not spawn. While this can be interpreted in many ways, here's what I think about it.

The Energy Spheres have some evil energy going on with them. Despite the fact that the pause descriptions say that the Sphere Doomer came from Another Dimension because Energy Spheres is their version of Strawberry Cake, I believe this may be their soul/heart/brain/something. Every time you encounter a Sphere Doomer, they start out as an Energy Sphere until they take their full shape. Sphere Doomer is an enemy trying to kill Kirby. Energy Spheres go towards fixing the Lor Starcutter, a flying spaceship thing controlled by Magolor, the main villian of the game. The Lor Starcutter, when under Magolor's control, is evil (before/after defeating him), trying to kill Kirby and Landia. While I don't have any way to fully connect this, there's a possibility that Landia knew Magolor was evil, and tried to break his ship instead of killing him, as to prevent him from attacking anybody else, as regularly Magolor is weak.

I dunno, you guys do some of your ten page long theories.

---

Alright, onto Kirby's Adventure in Dreamland. AiDL sounds weird.

I've run into a couple problems, so I'm asking you guys for ways to alleviate these.

The main problems are that none of the old bosses can be re-created for this mod, which also means that Magolor and the Lor Starcutter must stay. This affects the main storyline, as it replaces the dreams being stolen, along with the Star Rod. The main solution to this is to edit the levels while keeping the same plot of Kirby exploring for Lor Starcutter's pieces, but the existing bosses clash with Adventure's world theme. I'm not sure how to fix this, so...

Anyways, the main things I'm going to be changing are the levels (including level set models, backgrounds, music), as most of the enemies that I need are still in the game. I'm also trying to make it so that when Kirby gets certain abilties (Ice, Stone, etc.) he changes colors, as he did in the older games. Also, I'm not sure whether to have Copy Ability hats re-modeled to resemble Nightmare in Dreamland or Right Back at Ya! as both have some cool designs. Any other ideas?

Also, going to be recording the first ever modded Return to Dreamland level later today. It's a basic level re-designing Cookie Country 1-1 to look similar to the Lor Starcutter, but it wasn't easy to do.
I believe Energy Spheres are somehow corrupted and cannibalize each other to become Doomers, though Brand Doomer is tricky

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I believe Energy Spheres are somehow corrupted and cannibalize each other to become Doomers, though Brand Doomer is tricky
Energy Spheres and Doomers are separate entities. The Grand Doomer is just an inhabitant of Halcandra, I believe. Which would make a kickass stage, by the way.
So yes, I'm back. Rejoice. What'd I miss? Chandelure still liking everything that moves, I see.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Bandanas are cooler.
I do miss Ninjigglypuff.
She kicks your *** and heals you just to send you back to the hospital again
She beats you by SLEEPING. She's just on her way to bed and just happen to be unlucky enough to be in her way. You are a certified badass when you can kick somebodies ass via sleeping.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
He doesn't deserve it. You did <3

btw, box puff is best. I will untie it and choke you to death. Then @ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor will need that sleep hat for eternity

You again! O.O. Are you following me? Am I being tracked? What do you want with me? I'm innocent, I tells ya! It's a conspiracy!
I've been on this thread and the puff boards before you were even a thing. Get out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom