• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Sometimes I want to take this thread away and shove it in the Kirby boards as the Kirby social.

I love you guys so much.

ANYWAYS. Working on RtDL mods right now, anything anybody wants to see in particular? Not an idea or anything, just some random whatever that you guys want a quick screenshot or video of. Such as, I can make a room full of hamburgers or re-color Bandana Dee.
I'd like to see Adeleine as a new playable character, but it's hard to make a new playable character from scratch, and I don't know how she would play, maybe something like the water ability but with rainbow colors instead of transparent water? Also I know that not many of you are interested in that character.
I'd also like to create some custom levels, but design a level is a long process, I don't think I have the time to make a thing like that.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Hm. I should make a to-do list for RtDL and sort it in priority. I'll get started on that now.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I don't see Adeleine ever being playable, it's a lost dream to be honest :/
Everyone can dream. Also, she was planned to be playable in Kirby 64 and there are some screenshots showing her swimming and slashing the paintbrush onto enemies in a beta build of the game.

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
I wish they would bring back some aspects of the older days

dark matter and the fact that humans exist was cool

and I miss the animal friends

What I want to see more though is less sakurai-era kirby bias in smash.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I still want a Kirby Air Ride Re-release or a sequel. Never played it but it looked so much fun.

D

Deleted member

I still want a Kirby Air Ride Re-release or a sequel. Never played it but it looked so much fun.
Definitely try to get Kirby Air Ride. I know that it gets some flack, but it's a pretty fun game. The best part easily being City Trial; that mode should be revived in a game like Mario Kart (I'm glad it returned in Smash 3DS, but it lacked the part where you screwed over your friends).

D

Deleted member

I bought the Kirby: Smiles and Stripes theme for my 3DS last night. Now I sometimes have Kirby greet me on my 3DS. :)

Speaking of Air Ride, I don't understand why Checker Knights was removed in 4...

D

Deleted member

4 did VERY dumb music decisions
Such as giving the recent Kirby games three songs, giving F-Zero one new remix, and cutting down songs like Id (Purpose) and Engage the Enemy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Such as giving the recent Kirby games three songs, giving F-Zero one new remix, and cutting down songs like Id (Purpose) and Engage the Enemy.
To be fair, Id Purpose is 4 minutes long unlooped, Metroid and DK also suffered this. "You want Magmoor Caverns? Dark Samus theme? Some of the other iconic boss themes? Have 2 remixes from Metroid one, oh, and here's 7 versions of the same DK track"

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
WOW FINALLY! I finally get to talk about bdee! ive been reading these threads for a couple of months I couldn't get my account complete so hi!:bee:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Ah, I've died once again. Sorry about that. :c

Guess whose birthday 's today. Moi.:bluejump:
Happy Belated birthDee Wizard!

WOW FINALLY! I finally get to talk about bdee! ive been reading these threads for a couple of months I couldn't get my account complete so hi!:bee:
Hello common follower of the Dee, might you be interesting in this lavishing video? We desire to interest the highest nobilities in the SmashBoard kingdom.

Once again, we thank Dee for your stay and don't hesitate to grab a specialized spear on us! These instruments have a royalty-like symbol of Dee and are located near the left-hand conner of the room.

Last edited:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I've died once again. Sorry about that. :c

Happy Belated birthDee Wizard!

Hello common follower of the Dee, might you be interesting in this lavishing video? We desire to interest the highest nobilities in the SmashBoard kingdom.

Once again, we thank Dee for your stay and don't hesitate to grab a specialized spear on us! These instruments have a royalty-like symbol of Dee are located near the left-hand conner of the room.
like I said I read this for a while I saw that many times :smirk:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
I think his name will be waddle dee, also I got bored and made a drawcia thread
for a mod make a bandana dee with a deathstare
:138:

Last edited:

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
Waddle Dee as a name isn't unlikely, it's just not the one we want, like how Ridley fans would rather have the Brawl design than Other M's design if he became playable
Well its probably either going to be Waddle Dee or Bandanna Dee, And the extra n in bandana will be like OCD repellent so I would hope for Waddle Dee. (Or a patch to fix spelling mistakes. And Diddy kong.)

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
have a landia vs landia battle where the player rides on landia, while battling landia
This is pretty easy, doesn't require actual modding skills - I can just plug in a cheat code for this.
Kirby Fighters, Smash Kirby from Amazing Mirror, map filled with Gordos and no ground, Super Spear ability, and something to allow Meta Knight, Bandana Dee, and King Dedede access to Super Abilities (Ultra Sword for Meta Knight, King Dedede gets Ultra Hammer, ect.)
Kirby Fighters would take forever to re-create in RtDL. I'm not sure exactly how I'd do it, but probably make Bandana Dee, Meta Knight, and King Dedede considered enemies by the game... but then they couldn't hurt each other and only Kirby. Team battles, maybe? I have no idea. Smash Kirby would just be ripped from Dream Collection. Map filled with Gordos and no ground is pretty simple, as now I found out how to add in new levels and change level size. I'd probably make it so you use the Spiky Shoe or whatever it's called instead of flying, though. Super Spear ability is probably possible by altering Super Sword with a different model and animation, then applying different hitboxes, but would take a while to do. Super Abilities accessible to them probably isn't possible.
Have a room with 2 bosses to fight at the same time
I think that's possible...? I haven't tried it yet. It might crash the game because loading two bosses at once is confusing for it.
Make the bandana see colors for rainbow curse if you can?
Easy.
Can we have Kirby fight Magolor with the Smash ability? (if possible)
Yes, but I'd need somebody to get me the Dream Collection copy ability files for Smash. I don't have the time to extract the game's files from my disc and downloading an ISO is boring, so... if anybody wants to get it I'll try.

EDIT:

Oh, almost forgot! If anybody here has homebrew and Riivolution on their Wii or Wii U, I can take requests specifically from them so they can mess around in their own copy of the game. Also, two people are working on a way to let people play local games on the Wii/Wii U online, so in a couple months or so we'll be able to play RtDL together without anything like Dolphin!

EDIT2:

Alright, I found something strange. I just finished getting all of the Copy Ability values for when they're in those little orb things:

Kirby's Copy Ability Orbs

Sword - 1
Cutter - 2
Leaf - 3
Whip - 4
Fire - 5
Needle - 6
Beam - 7
Spark - 8
Stone - 9
Parasol - 11
Water - 12
Hi-Jump - 13
Tornado - 14
Bomb - 15
Spear - 16
Hammer - 17
Ice - 18
Wing - 19
Ninja - 20
Fighting - 21
Crash - 22
Mike - 23

Now, here's the weird thing. Copy Ability 10 is missing, while Mike is the last ability with the number 23. In the data, 34 abilities exist. The only abilities that I can think of to fill this in are the super abilities and Landia, which would add six more abilities. Filling in 10 in the process, that'd only bring it up to 27 abilities.

I'm confused. Time to test and hope I don't get some crazy crash.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Sometimes I want to take this thread away and shove it in the Kirby boards as the Kirby social.

I love you guys so much.
Actually, that brings up a good point. Bandana Dee would probably have an active social unlike most character boards. Maybe not active like the Zelda boards, but more like the Rosalina boards.

Just like Rosalina, Bandana Dee appears often enough to keep talking about him, but not so main character that we run out of things to say like Mario or Kirby.
What I want to see more though is less sakurai-era kirby bias in smash.
Crowned not being in the game is the biggest insult to modern day kirby fans. Even if there are people who considered it overrated, it is still the most popular song right now and is still reoccurring which makes it deserve a spot in smash. I mean seriously.

Also, not even a new stage based on the recent games. I actually like GCO but seriously, we get nothing for the 3ds, (when Kirby is mainly portable), and we don't even get anything for Kirby Return to dreamland, which was a big moment having Kirby return to a main series console platformer.

Really, Sakurai disappointed me. It's one of the reason I have even more support then ever, because we could get a Kirby pack that includes all the newer Kirby game content.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
After a bit of testing (with no crashes, woo!), I found out what those other abilities were. The results were unexpected but probably should have been expected after messing with other parts of this game. HAL is so weird.

Kirby's Copy Ability Orbs

Kirby - 0
Sword - 1
Cutter - 2
Leaf - 3
Whip - 4
Fire - 5
Needle - 6
Beam - 7
Spark - 8
Stone - 9
Sleep - 10
Parasol - 11
Water - 12
Hi-Jump - 13
Tornado - 14
Bomb - 15
Spear - 16
Hammer - 17
Ice - 18
Wing - 19
Ninja - 20
Fighting - 21
Crash - 22
Mike - 23
Landia - 24
Ultra Sword - 25
Monster Flame - 26
Flare Beam - 27
Grand Hammer - 28
Snow Bowl - 29
Mike (Stage 2 & 3) - 30
Mike (Stage 3)
Meta Knight - 32
King Dedede - 33
Bandana Dee - 34

Also, I found a glitch(?). If Kirby grabs another ability through the stands while riding Landia, he can only face right, even when he turns left. So you can moonwalk and stuff, or do some no-scoppe 360 trickshot montage by throwing bombs behind you. However, falling off a ladder makes Kirby face away from the camera, while using the Stone ability makes Kirby face towards it. It's really cool to see the Copy Ability animations (especially Super Abilities!) while facing another direction.

D

Deleted member

Crowned not being in the game is the biggest insult to modern day kirby fans. Even if there are people who considered it overrated, it is still the most popular song right now and is still reoccurring which makes it deserve a spot in smash. I mean seriously.

Also, not even a new stage based on the recent games. I actually like GCO but seriously, we get nothing for the 3ds, (when Kirby is mainly portable), and we don't even get anything for Kirby Return to dreamland, which was a big moment having Kirby return to a main series console platformer.

Really, Sakurai disappointed me. It's one of the reason I have even more support then ever, because we could get a Kirby pack that includes all the newer Kirby game content.
Sakurai really disappointed me with the Kirby content in Smash because he blatantly ignored Kirby's recent history.

It was big for Kirby since, again, he returned to platforming and it achieved a certain amount of success. Also, they are some really good games!

So, to have it only be represented with 3 songs makes me think that Kirby is the worst represented franchise in Smash 4. If those new trophies and Kirby's new Final Smash did not exist, then a casual would think Kirby died after Kirby Super Star.

I understand that Sakurai did this because it would save time and so he wouldn't have to ask Hal for permission. However, this comes at a very, very big expense for the franchise. It also doesn't help that I am not a fan of either The Great Cave Offensive or Dream Land; I hate their design and stage layouts. I also think Dream Land is more offensive as one of Kirby's new stages as it's from an old game and they could have added a new stage from Triple Deluxe, especially when the new Yoshi stage was from a game not currently released.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Artsy Omni made Shovel Knight!

While this is awesome, you all know what we really want.

Go on Twitter with the hashtag #Smashified to get Artsy Omni to do Bandana Dee next!

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
I think MOST of his arguments are crap honestly(I can't be biased)
·kirby has too many reps is a biased opinion with no real evidence supporting it kirby has many games he deeserves the reps(honestly he deserves more)
·bandana dee cant fight waddle dees is dissed after he fights them in rtd AND rob fights identical robs
·kirby is overrepresented no he has barley any content from new games
·generic enemies cant be in smash no one. said that and technically bowser is named koopa

EDIT http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/kirby-and-the-rainbow-curse-review/1900-696/
http://www.gamespot.com/bubsy-3d/
http://www.gamespot.com/kirby-and-the-rainbow-curse/

giant bomb gave a 2 of 5 bubsy 3d is apparently better...

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I really....
dig that piece of art.

I'll Dee back with more puns.
We should Ban'dana Dees puns before someone gets hurt trying to come up with dees puns. They waddle in my mind before I can remember to put it on the post. Don't even start on trying to make a Kirby joke. They tend to suck... Get it? Its because Kirby sucks in enemies... Its funny. I'll be here all week!

·generic enemies cant be in smash no one. said that and technically bowser is named koopa
see theses are biased opinions
Suddenly I think of Pokemon.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I think MOST of his arguments are crap honestly(I can't be biased)
·kirby has too many reps is a biased opinion with no real evidence supporting it kirby has many games he deeserves the reps(honestly he deserves more)
·bandana dee cant fight waddle dees is dissed after he fights them in rtd AND rob fights identical robs
·kirby is overrepresented no he has barley any content from new games
see theses are biased opinions
For the last one, you'd be surprised how many people call B-Dee generic.

Top Bottom