• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Some people disliked about you needing a certain ability, this thing I came up with finally makes you value stars and if you see a puzzle you won't get frustrated for not knowing anything and having replaced/lost the ability you needed
HM interesting. You know what I was thinking too that they never brought back... was the collection of powers similar to Milky Way Wishes in KSS. Once you collect that power you have it for the whole game and can switch through them. An exploration game like Amazing Mirror could probably benefit from this. It can add to the exploration and level design. You'd have to find these powers to access and explore even more areas or even defeat certain bosses or enemies blocking the way that you couldn't previously.

I dunno would anyone else be interested in that concept cause I always thought that the powers worked in Milky Way Wishes was kind of cool and the idea could work in an Amazing Mirror style game. Being able to switch through powers was cool.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
HM interesting. You know what I was thinking too that they never brought back... was the collection of powers similar to Milky Way Wishes in KSS. Once you collect that power you have it for the whole game and can switch through them. An exploration game like Amazing Mirror could probably benefit from this. It can add to the exploration and level design. You'd have to find these powers to access and explore even more areas or even defeat certain bosses or enemies blocking the way that you couldn't previously.

I dunno would anyone else be interested in that concept cause I always thought that the powers worked in Milky Way Wishes was kind of cool and the idea could work in an Amazing Mirror style game. Being able to switch through powers was cool.
MetroidVania games rely on power ups a lot, Amazing Mirror made you lose your ability in one hit, not to mention the other Kirbys might accidentaly inhale it if you bring them, losing a power up and having to backtrack to just re-obtain it is annoying

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
MetroidVania games rely on power ups a lot, Amazing Mirror made you lose your ability in one hit, not to mention the other Kirbys might accidentally inhale it if you bring them, losing a power up and having to backtrack to just re-obtain it is annoying
True but if they were to use the Milky Way Wishes method of switching through powers, this might correct this. Even if a power is dropped you can select it again. The powers would work much like Samus's upgrades and new missiles in Metroid. Allowing Kirby to access more areas.

Though the only issue I can of with this is that if there's a certain power people want that isn't available at the start of the game right away they might find this somewhat annoying. Still there's a satisfaction in finding and earning the ability and than having it permanently in your arsenal.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
True but if they were to use the Milky Way Wishes method of switching through powers, this might correct this. Even if a power is dropped you can select it again. The powers would work much like Samus's upgrades and new missiles in Metroid. Allowing Kirby to access more areas.

Though the only issue I can of with this is that if there's a certain power people want that isn't available at the start of the game right away they might find this somewhat annoying. Still there's a satisfaction in finding and earning the ability and than having it permanently in your arsenal.
Then tough luck, you need to get the ability at least once, you don't see Samus getting everything at the beginning of the game, Kirby starts with no abilities, he gets one, you will be able to purchase said ability with the warp star whenever you want afterwards

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Then tough luck, you need to get the ability at least once, you don't see Samus getting everything at the beginning of the game, Kirby starts with no abilities, he gets one, you will be able to purchase said ability with the warp star whenever you want afterwards
Why purchase it though if he gets it permanently after finding it? You'd have it already to select if you were to find it.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I thought it could make players value stars more, however, if my system is included, the purchase thing doesn't have to exist, thought it could spice things up a little
Hmmmm... I think the only time something like this was implemented in a Kirby game...that I can remember... is Canvas Curse actually. When you collect coins you can purchase unlockables. This wasn't a bad idea at all but I wasn't personally convinced by the need to complete this collection challenge because once I purchased what I wanted (Metaknight, Dedede, Waddle Dee, and Waddle Doo) the rest didn't interest me much. (rest of the unlockables were just sountrack songs for the soundtest).

My other favorite franchise next to Kirby is Monster Hunter. In Monster Hunter, the bulk of the game is collecting monster carvings and getting cash to get real good stuff like armor, upgrades, and weapons. Having money or currency in game you can trade off has to go to something worthy. Either more worthy collectibles or some kind of upgrades.

This is an interesting concept. The idea of adding an rpg element like purchasing upgrades... maybe this can work. How would people implement this in a Kirby game while keeping the game's intention as entry level? How would you do this while not over complicating the concept. What about purchasing upgrades to powers or even new powers or purchasing the service of combining powers already collected?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hmmmm... I think the only time something like this was implemented in a Kirby game...that I can remember... is Canvas Curse actually. When you collect coins you can purchase unlockables. This wasn't a bad idea at all but I wasn't personally convinced by the need to complete this collection challenge because once I purchased what I wanted (Metaknight, Dedede, Waddle Dee, and Waddle Doo) the rest didn't interest me much. (rest of the unlockables were just sountrack songs for the soundtest).

My other favorite franchise next to Kirby is Monster Hunter. In Monster Hunter, the bulk of the game is collecting monster carvings and getting cash to get real good stuff like armor, upgrades, and weapons. Having money or currency in game you can trade off has to go to something worthy. Either more worthy collectibles or some kind of upgrades.

This is an interesting concept. The idea of adding an rpg element like purchasing upgrades... maybe this can work. How would people implement this in a Kirby game while keeping the game's intention as entry level? How would you do this while not over complicating the concept. What about purchasing upgrades to powers or even new powers or purchasing the service of combining powers already collected?
KRTDL was that in one of it's development stage iirc, being able to upgrade abilities. I'd use stars and treasure chests to contain upgrades, with the cast getting unique things, BDee getting Megaton Punch as a move for instance

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I just found out that Europe gets Rainbow Curse in the second half of 2015.
I'm so sorry for you guys.:(

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Today's my birthday! :D
Also, so far I believe three of us have our birthdays in January... Half Life Three Bandana Dee confirmed.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Today's my birthday! :D
Also, so far I believe three of us have our birthdays in January... Half Life Three Bandana Dee confirmed.
Happy Birthday!

Oh, and happy belated birthday @ Chandeelure Chandeelure ! I should have told you earlier but hey I was the second person to like your birthday post, amirite? :p

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I have my birthday in January aswell, back in 20th January. Also, 4 birthdays in January. Bandana Dee is seen as the 4th member of the crew in Return to Dreamland. Bandana Dee confirmed!!!...to not be confirmed...yet.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Happy Birthday! :D

Yeah, that's weird XD
Sure is weird... Wait, I see it now! It was all set out!
The great Dee made sure we were born in January! He declared "Most of the Brigade members shall be born on January, the month of the Dee... The month, when DeeLC shall come..."
:laugh:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I have a new puppy!

And this is on topic because ... ehhhh ...

I can get you back on topic!

Did you know that if you take the letters of Bandana Dee's in game description in RtDL and count the periods as spaces, you will get the phrase Heie dlctfy habwwmbsbhspahw ?

Also half of you looked at the description on the OP before you looked at this part of the message. The other half thought that was stupid and though there was more to this post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom