• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Last edited:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Now that we know the starting roster, I'm staring to think...

What if the leaker who posted the CSS screen with Junior, Shulk, DHD, Dr Mario, and Dark Pit just unlocked them and then took screenshots as fast as he could? I mean, he may have unlocked some veterans along the way (I haven't compared the two images side-by side) but I mean, wouldn't it make sense to just unlock some unannounced characters and post before Nintendo finds out? (When I say find out I mean before he posted it)

And since All Star Mode was locked...there are more characters to unlock.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Now that we know the starting roster, I'm staring to think...

What if the leaker who posted the CSS screen with Junior, Shulk, DHD, Dr Mario, and Dark Pit just unlocked them and then took screenshots as fast as he could? I mean, he may have unlocked some veterans along the way (I haven't compared the two images side-by side) but I mean, wouldn't it make sense to just unlock some unannounced characters and post before Nintendo finds out? (When I say find out I mean before he posted it)

And since All Star Mode was locked...there are more characters to unlock.
Esrb doesn't play the games, they get video and observe and make sure nothing too violent or racy is in the game. He didn't play anything.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Esrb doesn't play the games, they get video and observe and make sure nothing too violent or racy is in the game. He didn't play anything.
Actually, apparently the leaker works for Nintendo and was the one who was supposed to send the gameplay to the ERSB.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman

peaches underwhelming final smash is still the same....lets hope dedede doesnt have the same fate

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I'm really surprised we haven't seen King Dedede's Final Smash yet. I think he's one of the only characters who we haven't seen the Final Smashes for. While I do hope it's Masked Dedede, I still have that feeling he would use Bandana Dee like Chrom and Riki.. Hopefully not.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aside from that, do you guys think we'll ever see Kirby's Animal Friends again?

Rick the Hamster, Kine the Fish, and Coo the Owl.

They've made cameos over the years. They also appear as Stage Hazards in Kirby Fighters!

I would LOVE for them to be Assist Trophies. They all come out at once. Rick breathes fire around, Coo attacks them with sharp feathers from his wings, and Kine.. well.. He just flopped around in Kirby Fighters. Maybe he could use the move where he has a light-bulb come out of his mouth?

They haven't been part of the story since Kirby's Dream Land 3, sadly. I really liked them! They were interesting characters.

Fun Fact: Rick appeared as a trophy in Melee!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'm really surprised we haven't seen King Dedede's Final Smash yet. I think he's one of the only characters who we haven't seen the Final Smashes for. While I do hope it's Masked Dedede, I still have that feeling he would use Bandana Dee like Chrom and Riki.. Hopefully not.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aside from that, do you guys think we'll ever see Kirby's Animal Friends again?

Rick the Hamster, Kine the Fish, and Coo the Owl.

They've made cameos over the years. They also appear as Stage Hazards in Kirby Fighters!

I would LOVE for them to be Assist Trophies. They all come out at once. Rick breathes fire around, Coo attacks them with sharp feathers from his wings, and Kine.. well.. He just flopped around in Kirby Fighters. Maybe he could use the move where he has a light-bulb come out of his mouth?

They haven't been part of the story since Kirby's Dream Land 3, sadly. I really liked them! They were interesting characters.

Fun Fact: Rick appeared as a trophy in Melee!

Can't say I care about the animals friends honestly. I rather have the power myself to get around and to use rather than relying on them for things. I found them pretty disempowering, personally. As much as I enjoy Dreamland 2 I really wouldn't care if we ever see them again :X

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Woohoo Shulk is in Smash Bros. And the Artwork of Shulk show Kirby and Pit is flat out PERFECT! Shulk is the Man, the power of the Banado is awsome!

MAN, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY LEAKS!
I DON'T WANT SPOIL MYSLEF. But guys, the leaker leak All star mode but many analysis say that is locked because the move have lock icon on it... After all the leaker could leak Solo mode but not leak All star mode at least in te Rest Area... Wait a minute, he din't unlocked All star mode because that not all the characters, it would be he missing more newcomer, is those were all of them, he would be playing and leaking all star mode...

My hopes of Bandana Dee and my Wanted are flowwing back... C'mon Dee, Your the only one who can Rival Bowser jr.!!!

Bowser and Bowser jr. Vs. King Dedede and Bandana Dee!!! FTW!!!

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
More trophies and items show off on the site and still no Bandana Waddle Dee among them so this is positive. That or it can be negative and mean that no Bandana Waddle Dee AT ALL in the game if he isn't confirmed as a fighter. Here's hoping that's not the case.

I really want to see Bandana Waddle Dee in SOME form but preferably playable.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
FangedSniper Inc is proud to present it's latest project :

Bandana Dee Copy Forms!

That's my latest work!

You see , what will happen is. *you* request a form for Bandana Dee to transform into (literally anything but Kirby, that's no fun!) and I will draw it ! The one above is based off of me and my username (Fang the Sniper from Sonic Comics) and the second one is our wonderful OP, Chandelure.

So , what would you like to see next ?

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
FangedSniper Inc is proud to present it's latest project :

Bandana Dee Copy Forms!

That's my latest work!

You see , what will happen is. *you* request a form for Bandana Dee to transform into (literally anything but Kirby, that's no fun!) and I will draw it ! The one above is based off of me and my username (Fang the Sniper from Sonic Comics) and the second one is our wonderful OP, Chandelure.

So , what would you like to see next ?
Megaman perhaps?

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
More trophies and items show off on the site and still no Bandana Waddle Dee among them so this is positive. That or it can be negative and mean that no Bandana Waddle Dee AT ALL in the game if he isn't confirmed as a fighter. Here's hoping that's not the case.

I really want to see Bandana Waddle Dee in SOME form but preferably playable.
I'm still surprised he's managed to dodge all these deconfirmations and whatnot.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Guys i got $60 for my birthday. Should I get triple deluxe and Kirby fighters Z or Return to Dreamland by itself?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Guys i got $60 for my birthday. Should I get triple deluxe and Kirby fighters Z or Return to Dreamland by itself?
I say get Triple Deluxe over Return to Dreamland. It's a lot more polished experience. Levels are more interesting to explore with more collectibles in form of keychains, hidden HAL rooms are back, AND the sunstones. Improved boss fights with less somewhat predictable attacks as well as attacks that take up significant screen space. The True Arena is the most challenging to date. Dedede Drum Dash is AWESOME. It does not get enough cred but getting platinum in those levels is very challenging and fulfilling. The Extra mode is better in Triple Deluxe as well. In Return to Dreamland you simply replay the game with a few added enemies and EX bosses but with the Extra mode in Triple Deluxe, you play as Dedede and it's all time, forcing you to speed run the levels, look for portals to improve your time, and beat your overall time. The Hyper Nova ability is also used more cleverly than the Super Powers are.

Triple Deluxe as a whole is one of the BEST Kirby games since KSS. It's FANTASTIC. Return to Dreamland was a step in the right direction but Triple Deluxe took it all the way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

None of them since IGN hates Kirby.

In all seriousness, all of them since they're great. Stupid IGN hating on mah Kirbeh. But If I had to pick, RtDL if you have siblings who play games with you. If not, Triple Deluxe. Triple Deluxe is better single player wise, but mulitplayer picks up the slack for RtDL.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
It's official, most Bandana Dee detractors don't even know who Bandana Dee is. Most Bandana Dee detractors think he's just a simple Waddle Dee. :glare:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
guys this bugs me so much

in amazing mirror why is it shadow kirby and dark meta knight

WHY

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
It's official, most Bandana Dee detractors don't even know who Bandana Dee is. Most Bandana Dee detractors think he's just a simple Waddle Dee. :glare:
I've noticed that. I think a lot of folks who haven't played most of the recent Kirby games just shouldn't talk about his chances. It's immediately invalid. It seems more like non fans of Kirby simply don't care. Which makes sense. They are invested in other franchises.

Bandana Waddle Dee is a character and Kirby's friend/Dedede's spear captain. He's an ally with a position and role. What role or distinguishing attribute to the other Dee have? Nothing cause they don't matter, they are not a character. They are not characterized in anyway to make them characters you can sympathize for. They are simply obstacles/enemies.

Bandana Dee is not the case. Bandana Dee is reoccurring, playable in Return to Dreamland and it's mini games, an ally in Triple Deluxe, and foreseeable in the future as returning yet again in Rainbow Curse, etc.

That's quite a bit of emphasis to give to a mere enemy... especially giving him such prominent NON-enemy roles. Making him... I dunno... more than an enemy. I'd barely even call him that since he doesn't seem to want to really fight Kirby in Revenge of the King but just give King Dedede more time to equip himself (so he goes out as a distraction due to his loyalty).

So I dunno. If Bandana Waddle Dee doesn't get in, it has little to do with him being an "enemy".

guys this bugs me so much

in amazing mirror why is it shadow kirby and dark meta knight

WHY
Metaknight is actually evil while shadow kirby is just that, Kirby's reflected, shadow, imaged self in the other world, I guess. Though I think it's terrible to say dark things are evil. It sort of plays on old ingrained primitive ideas about good and evil. It's probably because of the aesthetic of the character as well also cliches REALLY.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I've noticed that. I think a lot of folks who haven't played most of the recent Kirby games just shouldn't talk about his chances. It's immediately invalid. It seems more like non fans of Kirby simply don't care. Which makes sense. They are invested in other franchises.

Bandana Waddle Dee is a character and Kirby's friend/Dedede's spear captain. He's an ally with a position and role. What role or distinguishing attribute to the other Dee have? Nothing cause they don't matter, they are not a character. They are not characterized in anyway to make them characters you can sympathize for. They are simply obstacles/enemies.

Bandana Dee is not the case. Bandana Dee is reoccurring, playable in Return to Dreamland and it's mini games, an ally in Triple Deluxe, and foreseeable in the future as returning yet again in Rainbow Curse, etc.

That's quite a bit of emphasis to give to a mere enemy... especially giving him such prominent NON-enemy roles. Making him... I dunno... more than an enemy. I'd barely even call him that since he doesn't seem to want to really fight Kirby in Revenge of the King but just give King Dedede more time to equip himself (so he goes out as a distraction due to his loyalty).

So I dunno. If Bandana Waddle Dee doesn't get in, it has little to do with him being an "enemy".

Metaknight is actually evil while shadow kirby is just that, Kirby's reflected, shadow, imaged self in the other world, I guess. Though I think it's terrible to say dark things are evil. It sort of plays on old ingrained primitive ideas about good and evil. It's probably because of the aesthetic of the character as well also cliches REALLY.
I would not say that, you do not need to play the game to have a valid opinion on a character's chance in Smash. For instance, I have never played any Kirby game aside from Kirby 64: The Crystal Shard. However, I do believe that Bandanna Dee has a good chance to be playable.

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
So, I was talking to one of my friends about smash, and needless to say:
to be in smash.
(best picture I could find)

Last edited:
Top Bottom