• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I knew it was an obvious fake, we were just talking about the render xD @Brawler610, you didn't actually think we believed it, right?
I'm pretty sure that there possibly were one or two unsuspecting people who thought it was real.

I hope that they eventually make a 3D Kirby game. Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon have all done it... so why has Kirby taken nearly 25 years to not make the transition?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
personally no. I think there's so much one can do with the Kirby franchise cause of it's versatility and Kirby's abilities (I mean HAL was able to make a fighting game with just those powers, as well as games that utilize Kirby's own shape to really change up the gameplay)

Doing just another Dynasty Warriors type game really just doesn't feel ambitious to me. Not to mention they still have to master and prefect Kirby in 3D space as it is. I'd like to first see them handle making a 3D platformer that's also an action game and bring the feel of KSS into the 3D realm. That would be really impressive if they can translate that action into 3D so hopefully that's what they're working on now. Since Shinya Kumazaki stated he was interested in working on a 3D Kirby.

Let's not get ahead of our selves. No character should be more interesting than Kirby by his shear versatility. I'd take several movesets to master over just one.
Well, you're right. What I should have actually said is that it's more fun to re-play the game as the other characters after you beat it with Kirby - Kirby is probably even more fun just because of Ice (and Mirror *sobs*), because Kirby is the best Ice Skater in existence.

Yeah I remember those, there is also footage for the gamecube one which is able to be seen right here for anyone who is curious
So... you could have up to three helpers at once, and they brought back the Clean ability? I COULD HAVE AN ARMY OF BROOM HATTERS TO DESTROY ALL MY ENEMIES AND THEY CANCELED THE GAME?

WHAT

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I knew that render was fake, but I couldn't figure out where it came from. Also, did you really have to bring up the leak again? Didn't we already debunk it
It has been debunked, I was just bored and made that "leak". Sorry about that.
The leak is still alive and it's probably true.
The only way Bandana Dee can be playable in this Smash is if he is an ultra secret newcomer (extremely unlikely) or DLC.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I don't really believe in the leak (although I don't believe in any leak), so I still think he has a chance.

On to another topic, though - what are your top three favorite Copy Abilities and Helpers?

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Just wanted to say I've been having a very strange obsession with Bandana Dee recently. I played the Kirby games since I was a kid and still do to this day. I initially was skeptical of Kirby having a 4th character due to getting 2 in Brawl, but after looking back at my memories of my favorite series, it wouldn't be the same without Bandana Dee. That's for sure.

He may not be as famous as Kirby, Meta Knight, nor King Dedede YET, but he is almost as important to the series. Even if I feel Mr. Dee isn't playable this time around, I'll gladly support you guys nonetheless!

Go Dee!
It's always great to have more supporters! Welcome to the team! :)

WHY DID THEY NEVER MAKE IT!? :cry:
They didn't openly say it, HAL kind of insinuated in an Iwata Ask that they canceled because it was too hard making the game that was a single player game and that was also a 4 player multiplayer game. Personally one of the reasons I think Sakurai likes KRTD is that they finally got the 4 player multiplayer working on it. Though, I hope that he doesn't like it just for that feature alone.

wow you guys are taking that leak too seriously tbh

also I had a dream last night that bandana dee was confirmed. It was great.
I had a dream that a slinky that I think was wearing a red bandana was a confirmed character. The slinky was stuck in some area and only ate dog food. A little bit later in the dream Mario or Master Hand asked it be in the next games I think so it wouldn't feel bad. The slinky also had a squirrel for a spouse. :crazy:

Last edited:

Shirarisun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shirarisun
3DS FC
4484-7795-7328
I had a dream that a slinky that I think was wearing a red bandana was a confirmed character. The slinky was stuck in some area and only ate dog food. A little bit later in the dream Mario or Master Hand asked it be in the next games I think so it wouldn't feel bad. The slinky also had a squirrel for a spouse. :crazy:
gib dream pl0x

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
The leak is still alive and it's probably true.
The only way Bandana Dee can be playable in this Smash is if he is an ultra secret newcomer (extremely unlikely) or DLC.
We can't trust this leak too much. Remember gamstsu and how everyone believed it? It was then proven wrong, Basically, we can't lose hope yet!

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
We can't trust this leak too much. Remember gamstsu and how everyone believed it? It was then proven wrong, Basically, we can't lose hope yet!
While I don't believe in the leak, you still should understand that Gematsu was nothing more than text, which could very well just have been guesses or something of that sort. This newer leak has full images with new renders, not just text. It has loads more evidence other than "Oh, Gematsu got that character right, it must be true!".

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
So... you could have up to three helpers at once, and they brought back the Clean ability? I COULD HAVE AN ARMY OF BROOM HATTERS TO DESTROY ALL MY ENEMIES AND THEY CANCELED THE GAME?

WHAT
Now we can't scrub the scrubs. :(

edit: Because, you know scrubbing the floor. Am I right?

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Every leak is false, thats how it works.
All of the reasons that supposedly debunks it seems like actually possible changes between demo and final release though.

Game is almost out so i prefer just to dream with the roster a final time :p also, DAT F-ZERO STAGE.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
1. Mirror (y u cut)

2. Parasol (favorite helper)

3. Wing (momentum and dive bomb)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My three favorite abilities are:
1. Sword (I like balanced powers like this, that and it's cool!)
2. Yo-yo (I miss this ability :()
3. Spear (fun ability; Spear Copter is a blast to use)

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Abilities
(The copy ability is obviously my favourite one since it contains every ability ever :troll:. Ok lets get serious here :p.)
1. Hammer (this is the ability i am most skilled in)
2. Sword (especially the elemental swords in mouse attack)
3. Ninja (Ninjas are awesome)
Helpers
1. Bio Spark (Ninja)
2. Simirror (Mirror)
3. Tac (Copy)

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I'm assuming we are not the combined abilities in 64 to account so...
5. Bell
4. Missle
3. Laser
2. Ufo
1. Hammer

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
lol nobody likes Beam, no matter how much Hal tries to make it popular, it simply not going to happen :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Copy Abilities:
1. Spear
2. Spear Sword
3. Spear Hammer
Helpers:
1. Bandana Dee counts since he "helps" Kirby out in RtDL, right? Wheelie
2. Snowman Guy
3. Knuckle Joe

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Even if the leak is real, I don't believe everything is unlocked yet. So Bandana Dee still has a good chance, especially with bigwigs like Shulk out of the way.

That being said, the leak could easily be disproven if say, Wario gets confirmed this week and has different artwork.

I've decided to remain skeptical about it until more evidence comes, but we'll see. Who knows.

Back on topic - What do you think Bandana Dee's custom specials could be?

Assuming his down special is moon drop and his up special is spearcopter. Just those two for now.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm assuming we are not the combined abilities in 64 to account so...
5. Bell
4. Missle
3. Laser
2. Ufo
1. Hammer
Ooh, no, those are included too! We should also include Dream Land 2/3 abilities, too.

So, why not this?

Abilities:

1. Regular Copy Ability

2. Dream Land 2/3 Copy Ability

3. Kirby 64 Copy Ability

Hehe.

Also, does anybody know if you can jump-cancel Bandana Dee's downward thrust? I finished BDRtDL, so now I'm trying our TA.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Even if the leak is real, I don't believe everything is unlocked yet. So Bandana Dee still has a good chance, especially with bigwigs like Shulk out of the way.

That being said, the leak could easily be disproven if say, Wario gets confirmed this week and has different artwork.

I've decided to remain skeptical about it until more evidence comes, but we'll see. Who knows.

Back on topic - What do you think Bandana Dee's custom specials could be?

Assuming his down special is moon drop and his up special is spearcopter. Just those two for now.
Based of my moveset... I actually don't have any customs in mind at the moment. :p

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
1. Water
2. Spear
3. Ninja
Helpers
1. Parasol Dee
2. Knuckle Joe
3. Chilly

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Ooh, no, those are included too! We should also include Dream Land 2/3 abilities, too.

So, why not this?

Abilities:

1. Regular Copy Ability

2. Dream Land 2/3 Copy Ability

3. Kirby 64 Copy Ability

Hehe.

Also, does anybody know if you can jump-cancel Bandana Dee's downward thrust? I finished BDRtDL, so now I'm trying our TA.
OK !
But I 'm still doing Dreamland 2/3 so I'll skip that for now.
Anyway for combined abilities
5. Fire Sword
4. Refrigerator
3. Fireworks
2.Lightning Rod
1. Explosive Ninja Stars

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Okay, another thing I'm wondering is in terms of Kirby games - if HAL were to remake another Kirby game for either 3DS or Wii U (you decide), what game would you want?

For me, I'd love a re-make of Kirby & The Amazing Mirror on the 3DS using the same engine as Triple Deluxe. That'd be really fun, haha. I honestly think it would be great to have another multiplayer Kirby game, mostly a free-roaming one. I'd like it more on the 3DS because there wouldn't be any framerate drops when doing multiplayer, due to the fact that there's multiple pieces of hardware all connecting. On the Wii U, I'm sure loading four different areas would cause framerate drops, so I'd prefer to have it on the 3DS.

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Okay, another thing I'm wondering is in terms of Kirby games - if HAL were to remake another Kirby game for either 3DS or Wii U (you decide), what game would you want?

For me, I'd love a re-make of Kirby & The Amazing Mirror on the 3DS using the same engine as Triple Deluxe. That'd be really fun, haha. I honestly think it would be great to have another multiplayer Kirby game, mostly a free-roaming one. I'd like it more on the 3DS because there wouldn't be any framerate drops when doing multiplayer, due to the fact that there's multiple pieces of hardware all connecting. On the Wii U, I'm sure loading four different areas would cause framerate drops, so I'd prefer to have it on the 3DS.
Could the inclusion of Dark Meta Knight hint at a remake of Amazing Mirror?
I really would love to see a remake of Amazing Mirror since it is one of my favourite Kirby games.

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
Yknow, I've had this thing I do for a while now where I hate on a character for practically no reason. I just don't like them, I guess. Well, I found a way to curb that, which is reading the OP for that characters support page. You can truly feel the love each player in that community has for their character and in all honesty it rubs off on you. This is what just happened with me and Bandana Dee. After reading the OP I went from "Get this thing out of my Smash Brothers" to "Aw damn, I kinda hope he's in now".
So good luck to you guys, here's hoping that DeDeDe's lack of Waddle Dees means something good for yall!

Top Bottom