• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Random Question time: If there was a Hyrule Warriors styled Kirby game called 'Dreamland Warriors', would you play as Bandana Dee the most?
I might play as him the most, or maybe I'd have a mix between the main four. It'd probably depend on their powers.
Bonus question: Would you want a Hyrule Warriors styled Kirby game? :p
I would!
OMIGOSH I actually want that really badly now.. Like, just imagine.. :surprised:
Honestly, why hasn't there been a 3D Kirby yet? GET ON THAT HAL.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Random Question time: If there was a Hyrule Warriors styled Kirby game called 'Dreamland Warriors', would you play as Bandana Dee the most?
I might play as him the most, or maybe I'd have a mix between the main four. It'd probably depend on their powers.
I would!
Oh god, YES. I mean, just imagine all the potential a game like that would have! Amazing copy abilities to add into the game, hundreds of enemies to use, amazing mini-bosses to add in, awesome bosses (pls Kracko) to fight!

pls

WE WANT THE DEE

except dreamland warriors is a really dumb name honestly

also it'd be really criticized as a hyrule warriors clone or something so i'd prefer a canon 3d kirby game

Last edited:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Kirby's 25th anniversary should be in about 2-3 years, maybe we could get a 3-D Kirby then?

Kirby's Return to Dreamland 2: Two Worlds (Pop-Star and Magolor's Planet) featuring all 4 characters playable (and player one does not have to play as Kirby), IN 3D, all new copy abilities, and the person with the gamepad takes control of Adeliene from Kirby 64 to draw stuff to help Kirby and even spawn in enemies to assist Kirby and play as! Also, each character has their own "side game' Kirby has Kirby Fighters: Ultra, Dedede has King Dedede's Kingly Swing, a mock-up baseball game, Meta Knight has The Trials of Galacta Knight, basically the Arena but with Meta Knight, Bandana Dee's would be a mad dash between four minions to get King Dedede his snack, and Adelienes would be a freestyle sandbox where you can spawn in literally any aspect from the game and make levels, minigames, or just a pretty thing.

That'd be too awesome though.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
I would!
I would definitly play bandana Dee the most if it was Kirby themed. Although, I don't know if I would want it or not. But now you have me thinking of a Sonic game like that...........:upsidedown:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
also it'd be really criticized as a hyrule warriors clone or something so i'd prefer a canon 3d kirby game
1. If it's criticized as a Hyrule Warriors clone, then tell those people to suck a lemon :laugh: . But seriously though, a Kirby styled Hyrule Warriors would be more for kids and a LOT different, so I doubt it'd get criticized for that.
2. Yeah, maybe the first 3D Kirby game should be canon. But Dreamland Warriors would be the second. :p

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Kirby's 25th anniversary should be in about 2-3 years, maybe we could get a 3-D Kirby then?

Kirby's Return to Dreamland 2: Two Worlds (Pop-Star and Magolor's Planet) featuring all 4 characters playable (and player one does not have to play as Kirby), IN 3D, all new copy abilities, and the person with the gamepad takes control of Adeliene from Kirby 64 to draw stuff to help Kirby and even spawn in enemies to assist Kirby and play as! Also, each character has their own "side game' Kirby has Kirby Fighters: Ultra, Dedede has King Dedede's Kingly Swing, a mock-up baseball game, Meta Knight has The Trials of Galacta Knight, basically the Arena but with Meta Knight, Bandana Dee's would be a mad dash between four minions to get King Dedede his snack, and Adelienes would be a freestyle sandbox where you can spawn in literally any aspect from the game and make levels, minigames, or just a pretty thing.

That'd be too awesome though.
Actually, HAL literally said in an interview that they're really interested in making a full 3D Kirby game. The way they talk about it, it sounds like they're probably going to do it, at least someday. :)

Here's the interview: http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/22/kirby-hal-laboratories-nintendo-interview/2/

Last edited:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Anybody remember these cancelled kirby games? One of them was supposed to be a 3D kirby game :(

Really wish they continued it.. I hope bandana dee is playable in another game along with sailor dee (make him an axe user or something) :p

I would!
That would actually be really cool! I'd like for it to be called "Kirby Star Warriors" with characters like Kirby, MK, DDD, Bandana Dee, Magolor, Adeleine and Knuckle Joe playable :)

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Anybody remember these cancelled kirby games? One of them was supposed to be a 3D kirby game :(

Really wish they continued it.. I hope bandana dee is playable in another game along with sailor dee (make him an axe user or something) :p

That would actually be really cool! I'd like for it to be called "Kirby Star Warriors" with characters like Kirby, MK, DDD, Bandana Dee, Magolor, Adeleine and Knuckle Joe playable :)
Well the first one pretty much turned into Return to Dreamland.

The other two games looked nice though. A 3D Galaxy-ish Kirby game would be so sick.

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
Guys... it's fake. Look at Bandana Dee on the box art:

Also, they just replaced Donkey Kong with Bandana Dee in this image:

I would love to be wrong and for it to be real, though.
Good eye, I actually made it and you're completely right haha, I wanted to see how long it'd take for someone to point out how fake it was.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I knew it was an obvious fake, we were just talking about the render xD @Brawler610, you didn't actually think we believed it, right?
I think only FangedSniper was the only one who believed that. But that could have easily been sarcasm.

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
I posted a sad face because it was fake...
XD
I assumed that's what you meant haha

I knew it was an obvious fake, we were just talking about the render xD @Brawler610, you didn't actually think we believed it, right?
Oh yeah, I was kind of hoping nobody would find the source of the render in time haha, I guess I could of titled it if I really wanted to convince people but I'm not going to go out of my way to completely fool my bandanabros that much

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I knew that render was fake, but I couldn't figure out where it came from. Also, did you really have to bring up the leak again? Didn't we already debunk it

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
I knew that render was fake, but I couldn't figure out where it came from. Also, did you really have to bring up the leak again? Didn't we already debunk it
It has been debunked, I was just bored and made that "leak". Sorry about that.

The Gerbil

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to say I've been having a very strange obsession with Bandana Dee recently. I played the Kirby games since I was a kid and still do to this day. I initially was skeptical of Kirby having a 4th character due to getting 2 in Brawl, but after looking back at my memories of my favorite series, it wouldn't be the same without Bandana Dee. That's for sure.

He may not be as famous as Kirby, Meta Knight, nor King Dedede YET, but he is almost as important to the series. Even if I feel Mr. Dee isn't playable this time around, I'll gladly support you guys nonetheless!

Go Dee!

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Bonus question: Would you want a Hyrule Warriors styled Kirby game?
I would!
Yes! Yes! I would love this. Fight hundreds of enemies and use their abilities. Demolish everyone as
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Bandana Dee
Adeleine
Sir Kibble
Knuckle Joe
Gooey
Rick and the other animals
Plus villains like Magalor and Marx

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
I would!
:O YES! That would be amazing!!! I would also like an RPG like Kirby game where you go to the Different Planets In milky way wishes and collect different power-ups as your different weapons and upgrade them like the scrolls in Squeal Squad!:colorful:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

The first one is a canceled Kirby game on the GameCube. The second one is what Kirby Wii (now RtDL) was supposed to be. The last one was while they were deciding what to do for Kirby Wii, which was the one that became RtDL.

One thing I'm a bit curious about is with the canceled GameCube Kirby game. When looking at the picture, you see Kirby riding Wheelie, with Chilly and Parasol Dee on top. Now, the only canon game that you could ride Wheelie in an actual level is Kirby: Super Star, which was through helpers. It's also easy to see that all three enemies are different colors than the regular enemies. Was this game going to have four-players, and allow anybody to play as the different helpers? Oh god, I wish this was released! That'd be so amazing!

I love how all the Waddle Dee's are huddles around a tree, haha. If we ever do get a 3D Kirby game, I hope it'd have little side stories of the characters, or something of that sort. I want to be able to play as Bandana Dee as a leader of a bunch of Waddle Dee's, and send them to go eat a bunch of enemies or something, haha.

I'm currently playing RtDL as Bandana Dee - I'm about to be done, though. The game is so much more different when you play as Bandana Dee, it sorta makes it boring to play as Kirby, honestly. The game is a bit short, though. I beat it in one day, yet I didn't really play it that long. After I finish Bandana Dee's Return to Dream Land (yay), I have something else planned out, but Ill be talking about that later.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
One thing I'd really like to bring up (though I won't go into detail, it's way too late here) is that even is Bandana Dee isn't playable in Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS, you can most definitely expect to be playing him in the next game. I mean, Super Smash Bros. games don't come out often, while I would expect the next game to come out in roughly seven or eight years, so it could be a long wait for some. By the time the next Smash Bros. games come out, Bandana Dee's role in the Kirby franchise will be superior compared to right now, as we can easily expect quite a few Kirby games in that time, along with Rainbow Curse. Also, unless Nintendo forces out a bunch of new characters in between that time (which will likely happen, but not forced), Sakurai will be a bit limited on what characters to put into the game that would fit in well. Although, if DLC does come out with characters, I'd expect Bandana Dee to come out sooner or later. It'd be quite a surprise to see Bandana Dee as DLC when Rainbow Curse releases! We've come a long way, so here's hoping for a Bandana Dee within out last few weeks!

LONG LIVE BANDANA DEE!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I would!
personally no. I think there's so much one can do with the Kirby franchise cause of it's versatility and Kirby's abilities (I mean HAL was able to make a fighting game with just those powers, as well as games that utilize Kirby's own shape to really change up the gameplay)

Doing just another Dynasty Warriors type game really just doesn't feel ambitious to me. Not to mention they still have to master and prefect Kirby in 3D space as it is. I'd like to first see them handle making a 3D platformer that's also an action game and bring the feel of KSS into the 3D realm. That would be really impressive if they can translate that action into 3D so hopefully that's what they're working on now. Since Shinya Kumazaki stated he was interested in working on a 3D Kirby.

The game is so much more different when you play as Bandana Dee, it sorta makes it boring to play as Kirby, honestly.]
Let's not get ahead of our selves. No character should be more interesting than Kirby by his shear versatility. I'd take several movesets to master over just one.

Last edited:

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman

Really wish they continued it.. I hope bandana dee is playable in another game along with sailor dee (make him an axe user or something)

Yeah I remember those, there is also footage for the gamecube one which is able to be seen right here for anyone who is curious

Top Bottom