• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here we go again...

As you may know, Sakurai said that the Mewtwo DLC is pretty much done, with more details being released soon.. with that said,, I'd like to say this: we should get at it and do our best to get as many people as you can that you know to download the Mewtwo DLC, from here to across as much of the internet as possible. He said something about making more DLC if Mewtwo is successful. If that convinces him, heck! He could decide to even make Bandana Dee DLC, which is what we want, right?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
It was so simple, yet so complex - I finally sorted out exactly how the levels in Return to Dreamland are placed out.

Here's why it's simple:
Each different tileset has three main models, controlling everything throughout it. BLand, controlling the background elements such as bushes and rocks. FLand, controlling the foreground elements, such as trees. MLand controls the actual blocks that Kirby steps on, along with slopes, walls, platforms, ladders, etc... basically anything Kirby can actually come in contact with.

Now, here's why it's complex:
Return to Dreamland, to look as high-quality as it is, jumbles all these blocks together to make dymanic levels. This makes it much harder to actually sort levels out when viewing their code. However, now that I understand the level layers, it's MUCH easier to sort this out using the actual game itself instead of code.

What this means:
Well, this is actually huge. This, my friends, is how Kirby modding can (and will) become a thing. Being able to sort out the levels for how they actually are allows me to truly decrypt these levels. To start this whole project, I'm going to grid out the first level in Cookie Country using Star Blocks. Once the level is grid out, I can find out what everything means without the hassle of individually placing and testing things. This allows me to start the foundation for possible level editors in the future, similar to Reggie! New Super Mario Bros. Wii's level editor, which then leads to an actual modding community.

Also, I found out how to edit text, copy ability data, etc. so get ready for a lot of updates.

Also, Magician Kirby.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Oh, not Magician Kirby Magician Kirby.

Magician Kirby.

I'm going to take some of Magolor's moveset, scale it down to Kirby size, and form it into a long-ranged Copy Ability.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Don't feel bad! I'm here to rescue you! :4mario:

Did you restart your WiiU and make sure it's connected to your router/whatever you have? That's usually the reason I have internet problems (It connects to my neighbor's for some odd reason). The distance between the console and router/whatever you have can cause you to have a bad connection as well.

Great :grin:

I'm interested in also finding out what unknown, scrapped objects are in Kirby 64 when it was planned to be an N64DD game.
Thanks for the tip! I'll try it when I get free time

Anyway there's a moderately popular (about 10,000 subs)youtuber called Charles C Bernardo he makes animations in a latest one he made rainbow curse so that might be why people are interested in Dee

Also try to give me more info on MH I made a wikia account I can make more trivia( since its not confirmed im putting it on trivia)

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Oh, not Magician Kirby Magician Kirby.

Magician Kirby.

I'm going to take some of Magolor's moveset, scale it down to Kirby size, and form it into a long-ranged Copy Ability.
This will be so great if it pans out. I love the concept.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Hm.

The reception towards that Master Hand confirmation has been poor. I've been called stupid, idiotic, and dumb for posting it. People are making assumptions such as "it could just be a generic hand", "HAL Laboratories could have just named it", and "the hand from Return to Dream Land is different from the others". Honestly, this is a bit discouraging. I give actual evidence towards a claim, yet people try to de-bunk evidence by making theories and assumptions, and then everybody hops on that bandwagon. It's basically how dee-tractors try to bash Bandana Dee because everybody likes to hate Kirby. I'm not sure if I'll be posting anything else to the general public if this is how it's received. I guess it's time to close the gates again!

That doesn't mean I won't post Return to Dream Land mods or anything. I just won't post any interesting stuff I find through files unless it's strictly Kirby-related and doesn't bring up any other topics whatsoever.

Although I'll still be posting lots of random stuff here. I wouldn't consider this thread to be part of the public, though. We're our own group of oddballs. At least you guys have common sense! Well, some of you... @ Chandeelure Chandeelure likes too much

---

With the help of @ kirby_queen kirby_queen , here's that Copy Ability concept.

Copy Ability Name: Magician or Mahora (Magolor's Japanese name, meaning magic)

Aesthetics: This is still being decided. Right now, there's two ideas. A re-color of the Beam Copy Ability hat (with the pompoms on the end switched with Flare Beam), or the Master Crown. If the Beam hat is used, then the ability will be scattered throughout the game similar to others. However, if the Master Crown is used, the ability will be made incredibly overpowered and only obtainable by eating Sphere Doomer, with a limited use system similar to Super Abilities. Both versions will carry Beam Kirby's wand.

Enemy, Copy Ability Star, and more: To begin with -- the enemy.

A new Gemra variant will be made to fit this ability. Gemra will be re-colored to fit whatever color(s) are decided for the aesthetics of the ability. Along with that, certain enemies from Another Dimension will be placed throughout the game and given the ability.

The Copy Ability Star, at the moment, is undecided. We didn't discuss anything about it, so I'm really not sure what to make for it. Any ideas?

Last thing. The pose used for the Ability Page picture, at the moment, is planned to be taken from the "Hiyup!" pose used when Flare Beam is first acquired.

Attacks: Now, the most important thing for a Copy Ability - the attacks! These are all concepts and may change over time, but here's the general idea. Oh, and give me ideas for attack names.

1:
By clicking 1 on the controller, Kirby fires a long-ranged projectile that flys forwards at high speeds. It's weak, though, and is better for taking out regular enemies. This projectile is similar to Magolor's purple energy orbs he fires at Kirby. This move uses the charge + release animations of Wave Beam. This move will most likely be as fast as Archer's standard shot.

2:
By holding 1, Kirby charges up a high-powered laser. This laser is actually pretty weak, but it hits multiple times, doing quite a bit of damage. The ending damage stacks up to a bit more than Wave Beam. Due to the multi-hit property, along with being a strong move, it leaves Kirby vulnerable if avoided. This move is more suited for dealing with mini-bosses and bosses. Uses the charge + release animations of Wave Beam. Kirby spawns one of those purple ring thingies and puts his want in the middle, firing out the laser. This laser is taken from Magolor's.

3:
By clicking Up and 1, pink liquid appears in front of Kirby, quickly thrusting out as a spike once Kirby raises his wand. This move is similar in range and size to Leaf Uppercut, along with borrowing it's animation. This move is best suited for hitting opponents in the air, through platforms, or as they're falling on you. It can also be used to hit switches that are placed above Kirby. This move is similar to Magolor's.

4:
Probably my favorite move from this Copy Ability. By clicking Down and 1, Kirby summons a dimensional void below him, then falls in. Once Kirby is in this portal, another portal appears above ground, being controlled by the player. This portal can be moved a limited distance around from where Kirby was standing. Once the player clicks 1, Kirby will jump out of the portal, teleporting to wherever he was placed. Kirby will deal slight damage to enemies that are above him when he jumps out, knocking them away from him. If Kirby sits in the dimensional void for a short time, he'll automatically pop out. This is so the player can't stay in there forever, invincible. This move is relatively slow, so it can't be spammed as a quick way to get across levels. It should rather be used to avoid enemies and go behind them, avoid quick attacks from bosses and other enemies, along with solving possible puzzles that use it. This move is taken straight from Magolor, too. Animations will have Kirby summon the portal using Thunderbolt's animation, falling in with his fast fall animation, then jumping out a short distance above ground, landing back in neutral.

5:
When standing close to an enemy. Kirby can click Down/Side and 1 to spawn a dimensional void below them, causing them to fall in and be gone. This is similar to how Circus Throw or Catch Beam works, but instantly kills the enemy (doesn't work on big/tall enemies, mini-bosses, bosses, aerial opponents, etc.). This is taken from how Magolor sucks in Kirby with a dimensional void, but uses the standard star-void effect and drops enemies in.

6:
Some Copy Abilities have special guarding animations -- why not give this one, too? It looks exactly like Magolor's special shield used to block attacks. Uses the default guarding animation with the shield effect placed over Kirby.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Hm.

The reception towards that Master Hand confirmation has been poor. I've been called stupid, idiotic, and dumb for posting it. People are making assumptions such as "it could just be a generic hand", "HAL Laboratories could have just named it", and "the hand from Return to Dream Land is different from the others". Honestly, this is a bit discouraging. I give actual evidence towards a claim, yet people try to de-bunk evidence by making theories and assumptions, and then everybody hops on that bandwagon. It's basically how dee-tractors try to bash Bandana Dee because everybody likes to hate Kirby. I'm not sure if I'll be posting anything else to the general public if this is how it's received. I guess it's time to close the gates again!

That doesn't mean I won't post Return to Dream Land mods or anything. I just won't post any interesting stuff I find through files unless it's strictly Kirby-related and doesn't bring up any other topics whatsoever.

Although I'll still be posting lots of random stuff here. I wouldn't consider this thread to be part of the public, though. We're our own group of oddballs. At least you guys have common sense! Well, some of you... @ Chandeelure Chandeelure likes too much
Whenever there can be controversy, there will be. We love your hard work and finds Reserved. <3

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hm.

---

Aesthetics: This is still being decided. Right now, there's two ideas. A re-color of the Beam Copy Ability hat (with the pompoms on the end switched with Flare Beam), or the Master Crown. If the Beam hat is used, then the ability will be scattered throughout the game similar to others. However, if the Master Crown is used, the ability will be made incredibly overpowered and only obtainable by eating Sphere Doomer, with a limited use system similar to Super Abilities. Both versions will carry Beam Kirby's wand.

A new Gemra variant will be made to fit this ability. Gemra will be re-colored to fit whatever color(s) are decided for the aesthetics of the ability. Along with that, certain enemies from Another Dimension will be placed throughout the game and given the ability.

The Copy Ability Star, at the moment, is undecided. We didn't discuss anything about it, so I'm really not sure what to make for it. Any ideas?

Last thing. The pose used for the Ability Page picture, at the moment, is planned to be taken from the "Hiyup!" pose used when Flare Beam is first acquired.

Attacks: Now, the most important thing for a Copy Ability - the attacks! These are all concepts and may change over time, but here's the general idea. Oh, and give me ideas for attack names.

1:
By clicking 1 on the controller, Kirby fires a long-ranged projectile that flys forwards at high speeds. It's weak, though, and is better for taking out regular enemies. This projectile is similar to Magolor's purple energy orbs he fires at Kirby. This move uses the charge + release animations of Wave Beam. This move will most likely be as fast as Archer's standard shot.

2:
By holding 1, Kirby charges up a high-powered laser. This laser is actually pretty weak, but it hits multiple times, doing quite a bit of damage. The ending damage stacks up to a bit more than Wave Beam. Due to the multi-hit property, along with being a strong move, it leaves Kirby vulnerable if avoided. This move is more suited for dealing with mini-bosses and bosses. Uses the charge + release animations of Wave Beam. Kirby spawns one of those purple ring thingies and puts his want in the middle, firing out the laser. This laser is taken from Magolor's.

3:
By clicking Up and 1, pink liquid appears in front of Kirby, quickly thrusting out as a spike once Kirby raises his wand. This move is similar in range and size to Leaf Uppercut, along with borrowing it's animation. This move is best suited for hitting opponents in the air, through platforms, or as they're falling on you. It can also be used to hit switches that are placed above Kirby. This move is similar to Magolor's.

4:
Probably my favorite move from this Copy Ability. By clicking Down and 1, Kirby summons a dimensional void below him, then falls in. Once Kirby is in this portal, another portal appears above ground, being controlled by the player. This portal can be moved a limited distance around from where Kirby was standing. Once the player clicks 1, Kirby will jump out of the portal, teleporting to wherever he was placed. Kirby will deal slight damage to enemies that are above him when he jumps out, knocking them away from him. If Kirby sits in the dimensional void for a short time, he'll automatically pop out. This is so the player can't stay in there forever, invincible. This move is relatively slow, so it can't be spammed as a quick way to get across levels. It should rather be used to avoid enemies and go behind them, avoid quick attacks from bosses and other enemies, along with solving possible puzzles that use it. This move is taken straight from Magolor, too. Animations will have Kirby summon the portal using Thunderbolt's animation, falling in with his fast fall animation, then jumping out a short distance above ground, landing back in neutral.

5:
When standing close to an enemy. Kirby can click Down/Side and 1 to spawn a dimensional void below them, causing them to fall in and be gone. This is similar to how Circus Throw or Catch Beam works, but instantly kills the enemy (doesn't work on big/tall enemies, mini-bosses, bosses, aerial opponents, etc.). This is taken from how Magolor sucks in Kirby with a dimensional void, but uses the standard star-void effect and drops enemies in.

6:
Some Copy Abilities have special guarding animations -- why not give this one, too? It looks exactly like Magolor's special shield used to block attacks. Uses the default guarding animation with the shield effect placed over Kirby.

UR LIENG MUH FANFICTION US KENON

I can't wait to see the ful results of this ability, what hat will it use though?

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Hm.

---

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

Yup, series withvthe same dev, same company and is titled Master Hand is not Master Hand, come on accept it, what lore or theories do they change, none

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Hm.

---

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

I can't wait until the mod is released!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Hm.

---

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

LOL I"m sure if Master Hand had a 1 second appearance in a Zelda game people would be writing essays about how MH is from Zelda and how he even fits in the timeline. LOL. The Kirby franchise gets no respect in the west.

It's so ridiculous, too. I mean here we have a specific character, a gloved disembodied hand, that appears in games all by the same director... HELLO! I'm sure people just don't want to admit that their precious smash is so damn influenced by a series of games they consider babyish or too cute. Even though KSS and other games have had SUCH a design influence on smash and it's not farfetched to think that MH could've also just been yet another idea transplanted from a Kirby game and just given Wham Bam's moveset.

MH is a Kirby character and even a Kirby boss later on. He may or may not represent Sakurai and appears in HIS games.

Also magician concept is so awesome. I love it.

Last edited:

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
So, apparantly the Lord of the Scarves AND the Lord of 9 Hammers were on the thread yesterday.
And I wasn't here. :(

Oh well, at least the thread is getting more popular due to the power of reddit.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I should post all my RtDL mods here ONLY, then post the links to them everywhere else. More supporters and recognition for Bandana Dee + mods 'n stuff!

ALSO

If anybody has Return to Dreamland, go play through Nutty Noon again. That world has such amazing design compared to the others.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Fanfiction? No pls
:troll:and then the humanoid orange dee said fumu I love you and dedede is buff and meta knight is buff knuckles and kirby is repulsive
ill give some masterpieces :oneeye:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9615576/1/Yaoi-Knights
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5156760/1/Meta-Knight-x-Kirby

but yeah these are some of the only good ones ( not the yaoi) every fanfic is yaoi yaoi and moar yaoi
smash fanfics are just swordsman yaoi but the 1st 2 aren't that bad

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Hm.

---

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

Like Jiggly said, there will always be controversy. I personally love when people dig into the coding and find this kind of stuff. So if your not going to post it here, can you post it somewhere else and give the link to us?

I should post all my RtDL mods here ONLY, then post the links to them everywhere else. More supporters and recognition for Bandana Dee + mods 'n stuff!

ALSO

If anybody has Return to Dreamland, go play through Nutty Noon again. That world has such amazing design compared to the others.
Also to boost Bandana Dee popularity even more you could make extra mode where you can only Bandana Dee where he saves the universe or something like that.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I've spent the last two hours applying all the songs to their file name... and I'm barely a quarter through.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Also to boost Bandana Dee popularity even more you could make extra mode where you can only Bandana Dee where he saves the universe or something like that.
Imo, it seem of bias to make it only Bandana Dee in Multiplayer game. Rainbow Curse makes it work though. Maybe a mode only for Bandana Dee, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Magolor because Kirby went to somewhere and didn't come back.

ALSO

What about the putting it in the Bandana Brigade? You could put info there on the OP of your page and it will make more post on there. Its very lonely in there.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
@ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima Wanted to warn you about Reddit, but the topic was already there.

It was so simple, yet so complex - I finally sorted out exactly how the levels in Return to Dreamland are placed out.

Here's why it's simple:
Each different tileset has three main models, controlling everything throughout it. BLand, controlling the background elements such as bushes and rocks. FLand, controlling the foreground elements, such as trees. MLand controls the actual blocks that Kirby steps on, along with slopes, walls, platforms, ladders, etc... basically anything Kirby can actually come in contact with.

Now, here's why it's complex:
Return to Dreamland, to look as high-quality as it is, jumbles all these blocks together to make dymanic levels. This makes it much harder to actually sort levels out when viewing their code. However, now that I understand the level layers, it's MUCH easier to sort this out using the actual game itself instead of code.

What this means:
Well, this is actually huge. This, my friends, is how Kirby modding can (and will) become a thing. Being able to sort out the levels for how they actually are allows me to truly decrypt these levels. To start this whole project, I'm going to grid out the first level in Cookie Country using Star Blocks. Once the level is grid out, I can find out what everything means without the hassle of individually placing and testing things. This allows me to start the foundation for possible level editors in the future, similar to Reggie! New Super Mario Bros. Wii's level editor, which then leads to an actual modding community.

Also, I found out how to edit text, copy ability data, etc. so get ready for a lot of updates.

Also, Magician Kirby.
Kaizo Return to dreamland when? :p

Though, that would be cool to see what Kirby's abilities can accomplish like what super mario world could.

Nutty noon also has some of the best music. If I'm not mistaken, Sky tower plays there as well as King Dedede's theme.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Hour 5...

So close...

EDIT: WHAT THE **** IS MINILOOP2 THOUGH

Last edited:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
I think making all characters playable in single player will be great :roll:and make all characters playable at once ( deecolors ) , turn magician into magolor , yup great

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Would anybody like to help me with one last thing? I need to have the song names sorted in alphabetical order, along with help distinguishing a couple extra songs. They're variants of already-named songs, but I don't know their specifics. If you're interested, PM me or something~

also PAT0 Ice Skate smile crashed the game :<

edit: guess not, lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom