• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Since the thread is quiet right now, how about we talk about our favorite sub-games in Kirby.

Sub-games was always a big part in Kirby games. I love Kirby Fighters and Drum Dash. All of Mass Attack mini games also kept me playing for hours before I lost the game. I especially loved the Checkers game in Kirby 64. It was just so fun and addictive.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
@ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima Nice ideas there.
Love the ideas of Modding Return to awesome dreamland.

It would be cool is there models for the characters with different colors.

The soon everyone should be fall to the Dee.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Since the thread is quiet right now, how about we talk about our favorite sub-games in Kirby.

Sub-games was always a big part in Kirby games. I love Kirby Fighters and Drum Dash. All of Mass Attack mini games also kept me playing for hours before I lost the game. I especially loved the Checkers game in Kirby 64. It was just so fun and addictive.
Megaton Punch 3.gif

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Quick Draw, Bomb Rally, Wave Ride and Kirby Fighters are so much fun. Also, the music in those sub-games is amazing. Well, except for Quick Draw.

Triple Deluxe and Amazing Mirror, imo, have the best sub-games. Return to Dream Land and Squeak Squad probably have the worst... although from what I remember, Squeak Squad was actually pretty fun. I remember that mini-game where you ride on the Warp Star using the stylus to knock the other Squeaks off their car things.

OH GOD CRACKITY HACK MUSIC THOUGH.

Wave Ride is so good, too... I CAN'T DECIDE.

Bomb Rally has a good vibe for the sub-game, but the music is kinda boring.

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184

Ninja Dojo and Kirby Fighters (Deluxe). I always liked using Archer on it mainly because on range and decent close range abilities.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Oh, also, I forgot to say, the Kirby with the best subgames is Mass Attack, in my opinion.

I absolutely love the Mass Attack sub-games. They were so well crafted and addictive. I especially loved the pinball, space shooter, and RPG ones.
Edit: I have no idea how I post those big texts. #InternetLinkProblems

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Wait a minute… does City Trial count as a mini-game? Please HAL. Kirby Air Ride remake.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Oh, also, I forgot to say, the Kirby with the best subgames is Mass Attack, in my opinion.
Deecenitful! You, the Deesive leader, does not favorite the first Mini-game where our hero showed up in?!

Though for me personally, I have no idea which my favorite mini-game. It's about as hard as asking me what's your favorite Kirby game? I really don't hate any and all of them (at least the one's I've played before which is most of them) and all are pretty fun in their own way.

Aw, I'll miss the out-of-season Santa Skitty.

Bowtie Skitty is still adorable, though.
FlyingSkitty: "Time to tip Dee scales!" :4robinm: *quickly tries to switch picture when nobody's noticing*

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Quick Draw, Bomb Rally, Wave Ride and Kirby Fighters are so much fun. Also, the music in those sub-games is amazing. Well, except for Quick Draw.

Triple Deluxe and Amazing Mirror, imo, have the best sub-games. Return to Dream Land and Squeak Squad probably have the worst... although from what I remember, Squeak Squad was actually pretty fun. I remember that mini-game where you ride on the Warp Star using the stylus to knock the other Squeaks off their car things.

OH GOD CRACKITY HACK MUSIC THOUGH.

Wave Ride is so good, too... I CAN'T DECIDE.

Bomb Rally has a good vibe for the sub-game, but the music is kinda boring.
I loved the mini games in Return to Dreamland! :X

I played the Ninja game a lot and it was the only Kirby game I could play with my mom that wasn't confusing cause it relied on motion controls versus button imputs.

The game with the best Mini-games in my opinion are Mass Attack and Triple Deluxe.

Mass Attack's mini games are so good, I think the game it worth owning/playing for them a lone... but the main game is also excellent.

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Aw, I'll miss the out-of-season Santa Skitty.

Bowtie Skitty is still adorable, though.
Sorry about that, but Mystery Dungeon Skitty. I was going to use paint.net, but I got lazy. No worries though, Santa Skitty will come back around... Halloween when I try to make another picture. Sometime.

FlyingSkitty: "Time to tip Dee scales!" :4robinm: *quickly tries to switch picture when nobody's noticing*
At first, I thought you me then I saw your picture.

I'm more of an adventure kind of guy so I didn't like the mini games in Return to Dreamland much.
I liked Ninja Dojo just because you can beat your friends by A) Skill B) Luck C) Knowing the target or D) Sabotage your friends shot.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I need to give Mass Attack another chance. I've only played through it once... so...

brb guys mass attacking

BUT I NEED TO KIRBY MOD

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
special shout out to that one mini game in Squeak Squad that was four players bumper cars. That game could get frantic. Also to K64's drop blocks, the cowboy shooting game in KSSU, and adventure's bomb catching game.

Also I still love Triple Deluxe and desire more TD experience. Aah

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Ok, made it to the end of the first world on Squeak Squad (Just beat Dedede)
it feels really fun so far, a littler slower and clunkier than the more recent titles, but still quite enjoyable.
the bubble mechanic is a fun twist that reminds me of Milky Way Wishes, it's a bit awkward and it can get tough to decide what items and abilities to hold on to but I'm liking it.
The squeak squad appearing every time you grab a big chest is a fun little challenge, but it can get annoying that they will respawn the second you have to pick up the chest again.
I like that you can change Kirby's colour scheme (like in amazing mirror) and also some of the new abilities in this game. Tried out Animal and Magic so far
OMG Animal Kirby is the 2nd cutest thing ever, 2nd only to Bandana Dee. his moveset feels pretty boring and limited though.
I love Magic Kirby, the birds and card and a very nice touch since I love magician characters.
I hope these 2 abilities make it into another Kirby game some day. (and the Yoyo Ability too)
going to keep playing now, so far the only downsides are the limited amount of moves for abilities (although it seems you unlock more moves for them which is neat) and the lack of a certain spear wielding bandana clad hero.

and as for the Kirby game with the best Sub-Games. I've gotta say Mass Attack. I love the sub-games in other Kirby games too (especially triple deluxe) but the ones in mass attack were so good, so good in fact that I never even finished Mass attack because I was too distracted playing the sub games hahaah.

Day One Preorder.
haha that is awesome.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
it feels really fun so far, a littler slower and clunkier than the more recent titles, but still quite enjoyable.
the bubble mechanic is a fun twist that reminds me of Milky Way Wishes, it's a bit awkward and it can get tough to decide what items and abilities to hold on to but I'm liking it.
The squeak squad appearing every time you grab a big chest is a fun little challenge, but it can get annoying that they will respawn the second you have to pick up the chest again.
I like that you can change Kirby's colour scheme (like in amazing mirror) and also some of the new abilities in this game. Tried out Animal and Magic so far
OMG Animal Kirby is the 2nd cutest thing ever, 2nd only to Bandana Dee. his moveset feels pretty boring and limited though.
I love Magic Kirby, the birds and card and a very nice touch since I love magician characters.
I hope these 2 abilities make it into another Kirby game some day. (and the Yoyo Ability too)
going to keep playing now, so far the only downsides are the limited amount of moves for abilities (although it seems you unlock more moves for them which is neat) and the lack of a certain spear wielding bandana clad hero.

and as for the Kirby game with the best Sub-Games. I've gotta say Mass Attack. I love the sub-games in other Kirby games too (especially triple deluxe) but the ones in mass attack were so good, so good in fact that I never even finished Mass attack because I was too distracted playing the sub games hahaah.

haha that is awesome.
Well you'll soon see metal you're invincible but really slow it's useless since it doesn't protect you from bosses don't use it for too long ufo and ghost cant go down ladders but are fun to mess around with bubble is turning into bubbles

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

haha that is awesome.
lol animal Kirby is the CUTEST #1 thing for me. Even if Squeak Squad isn't my most favorite title (and I still like it), it gave me animal Kirby and it also gave me animal Kirby plush which are my favorite plush versions of Kirby.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
BDee doesn't seem to be as obscure anymore so he may have a chance but the only popular youtuber who calls him Bandana Dee is Gamexplain. I think they realize he's popular now. But a lot of reviewers call him Waddle Dee so that's the name I'm betting on.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
BDee doesn't seem to be as obscure anymore so he may have a chance but the only popular youtuber who calls him Bandana Dee is Gamexplain. I think they realize he's popular now. But a lot of reviewers call him Waddle Dee so that's the name I'm betting on.
Wasn't he officially called Bandana Waddle Dee in triple deluxe though?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Team battles are so cool in Smash 4, I love the new "team poses".
I can't wait for the Dedede Dee team.
Oh come on! The pun was right there and you didn't take it! I am Deesapointed.
Yes he was.
By the way, favorite minigame for me is Ninja Dojo. Or Dededetour if you're counting that.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
yeah but now he's called waddle dee
I personally don't care about the name anymore, I just want him in the game as a newcomer.
I dont care either it's not really a big deal anyway

BDee moveset incoming !

NORMALS
:GCA: a jab
:GCA::GCA: an overhead swipe
:GCA::GCA::GCA: a flurry of spears

:GCA::GCR: a longer jab
:GCA::GCU: an upward jab
:GCA::GCD: jab while crouching

Dash- small spear toss

AIREALS
air- spinning with spear
air:GCR: a jab
air:GCD: moon drop
air:GCU: an upward jab

SPECIALS

:GCB: enemy summon-summons an enemy such as doos, parasol dees, chillies, sir kibbles, etc
:GCB::GCU: the famous spear copter
:GCB::GCD: dee cannon- from rainbow curse can be charged to a machine gun and aimed
:GCB::GCR: Spear throw- throws a spear can be charged to three and aimed can walk

GRABS

grab-grabs with a parasol
up twirls and throws up
down drills into the ground
side throws forward

MISC.

TAUNTS

Waves
twirls spear
jumps
VICTORY
N00by kirby dance and falls
LOSS
Claps
IDLE
sits
ENTRANCE
spear copter
DAMAGE
waddle dee getting hurt
STAR KO
waddle dee in td
SMASH
side charge jab
up charge ip jab
sweep

CUSTOMS
minibosses in short time
multiple waddle dees only

stick copter strong but slow
paper copter no damage no helpless longer

big gun but slow
machine gun but weak

fire spear throw strong slow fire effect
multiple spear throw weak fast

FINL SMASH MEGATON PUNCH
mega ton punch minigame

how do I stop this bold s***
if u didn't notice im not dealing with this so its sloppy

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Is that amiibo legit?!
It's a fan made amiibo, but it seems that people are starting to notice Bandana Dee and/or think he is amiibo worthy.

yeah but now he's called waddle dee

I dont care either it's not really a big deal anyway

BDee moveset incoming !

NORMALS
:GCA: a jab
:GCA::GCA: an overhead swipe
:GCA::GCA::GCA: a flurry of spears

:GCA::GCR: a longer jab
:GCA::GCU: an upward jab
:GCA::GCD: jab while crouching

Dash- small spear toss

AIREALS
air- spinning with spear
air:GCR: a jab
air:GCD: moon drop
air:GCU: an upward jab

SPECIALS

:GCB: enemy summon-summons an enemy such as doos, parasol dees, chillies, sir kibbles, etc
:GCB::GCU: the famous spear copter
:GCB::GCD: dee cannon- from rainbow curse can be charged to a machine gun and aimed
:GCB::GCR: Spear throw- throws a spear can be charged to three and aimed can walk

GRABS

grab-grabs with a parasol
up twirls and throws up
down drills into the ground
side throws forward

MISC.

TAUNTS

Waves
twirls spear
jumps
VICTORY
N00by kirby dance and falls
LOSS
Claps
IDLE
sits
ENTRANCE
spear copter
DAMAGE
waddle dee getting hurt
STAR KO
waddle dee in td
SMASH
side charge jab
up charge ip jab
sweep

CUSTOMS
minibosses in short time
multiple waddle dees only

stick copter strong but slow
paper copter no damage no helpless longer

big gun but slow
machine gun but weak

fire spear throw strong slow fire effect
multiple spear throw weak fast

FINL SMASH MEGATON PUNCH
mega ton punch minigame

how do I stop this bold s***
if u didn't notice im not dealing with this so its sloppy
You can click bold again or paste a nonbolded word and type after it.

Top Bottom