• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It's honestly time for Bandanna Dee. Why he wasn't added in Smash 4 is beyond me, but following that game he has been in every major kirby game and even most of the spinoff games. Unless Sakurai doesn't want to represent Kirby games he didn't make then he really should be a safe bet for a character.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman

Hey guys to help spread support maybe add Bandana Dee sig to the original post. He is dfefinitely in the top 5 for Smash newcomers for me. Although Wispy Woods is close when it comes to top Kirby Newcomers

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I really should talk here more, Bandana Dee is the only character I really have my heart set on for Smash Switch. That doesn't mean I oppose other characters, just that he's the only one I specifically want. But yesterday, I did a thing:
BWDforSmash.jpg

In tweet form:
:050:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I had a dream tonight in which our Bandana Deearest had been revealed on a surprise Nintendo Direct. I was heartbroken when woke up and realized it was just a dream.

That was the useless post of the day :psycho:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I had a dream tonight in which our Bandana Deearest had been revealed on a surprise Nintendo Direct. I was heartbroken when woke up and realized it was just a dream.

smash hype does that to many of us dont worry e3 will come soon enough

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990

Bandana Dee confirmed.
you read japanese? what does it say lol

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace

Oh man, I would have loved it if that actually happened. Let's hope that dream actually comes true.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I feel like Sakurai was planning to add Bandanna Dee in the game, but he was very low priority in Smash 4. Why else would he go through the trouble of removing waddle dees from Dedede's moveset?

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I feel like Sakurai was planning to add Bandanna Dee in the game, but he was very low priority in Smash 4. Why else would he go through the trouble of removing waddle dees from Dedede's moveset?
Because 3ds?

Not like this is the only instance where Sakurai has changed moves to adapt to the technical difficulties of 3DS.

you read japanese? what does it say lol
translation said:
Breaking news!
The climax of the 25th Anniversary is... Waddle Dee! Oh my!
The official site for "Waddle Dee 25th Anniversary" is now open!
There will be new games revealed for our favorite hero?!
Check it out!
Something like that.

It's an obvious April Fools joke, though the page itself is quite cute :u

1337th post yey

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone translate what the images actually say?
Those images of Dedede and Meta-Knight?

basically to the effect of

the sign in their hands: Surprise!!
the small text at the top: Today is April Fools Day

Text next to Meta-Knight: "Appologies"
Text next to King Dedede: "It's a secret" (or something like that)

There's too much Kanji on the images of Hoshi no Waddle Dee Star Allies and Waddle Dee Battle Deluxe for me to translate the text on them

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Those images of Dedede and Meta-Knight?

basically to the effect of

the sign in their hands: Surprise!!
the small text at the top: Today is April Fools Day

Text next to Meta-Knight: "Appologies"
Text next to King Dedede: "It's a secret" (or something like that)

There's too much Kanji on the images of Hoshi no Waddle Dee Star Allies and Waddle Dee Battle Deluxe for me to translate the text on them
What about the Star Allies and Battle Royale mock up?

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
BWDEE0003.jpg

A small and lazy doodle I just made. I hope that is will come true soon.

If so I'll make a fully-fledged drawing of it like the ones in my signature xD

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Can anyone translate what the images actually say?
You can now throw hearts to befriend Waddle Dees!?
Take turns to join the adventure!
---
A bunch of absurd battles awaits you!
The battle of the strongest Waddle Dees!
* Today is April Fools Day.
(Sign says something around the meaning of "Pranked")
Meta Knight: "Sorry -_-"
King Dedede: "Don't tell others!"
Not exact translations, tried my best to find appropriate ways to translate these to English. Lots of Dictionary searches involved.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Star Allies has me quite conflicted over what Kirby reps I want, but I'm certainly a supporter of Dee!
The Dream friend feature is arguable the best feature in the whole game. I can fully understand why that would be. Just praying for some big news in June.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
So...I made something...

It's not exactly the best I can do, but I wanted to make a little Bandana Dee drawing. I'll try to make something better at some point in the future that will do him justice.

Lyndis4Smash

Smash Rookie
I've only played the "OG" Kirby games, so none of the ones I've played have had Banana Dee. But, I've always liked Waddle Dees, so he'd be a pretty cool character to put in. Especially being the series first(?) spear user, he'd play completely different than any other character. I reckon he's got a pretty good shot, since I've seen him a lot in the latest Kirby games and so on.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Ridley day is over and things have returned to normal. Bandana Dee is once again everyone's idol.

I made a thing. My top ten most wanted characters. Not sure if you can read it without downloading the app though. Let me know if you can
http://aminoapps.com/p/kz1zjz

Also anyone here translate better than Google Translate?
https://twitter.com/Kirby25thJP/status/980640980851306498?s=19
Sectonia is here. She wasn't in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, it sounds like its just a small thing to add 5 gem apples but I'm wondering if there's more to it?

Logo12

Smash Lord
Ridley day is over and things have returned to normal. Bandana Dee is once again everyone's idol.

I made a thing. My top ten most wanted characters. Not sure if you can read it without downloading the app though. Let me know if you can
http://aminoapps.com/p/kz1zjz

Also anyone here translate better than Google Translate?
https://twitter.com/Kirby25thJP/status/980640980851306498?s=19
Sectonia is here. She wasn't in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, it sounds like its just a small thing to add 5 gem apples but I'm wondering if there's more to it?
That's some password thingy: http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/team-kirby-clash-deluxe-list-passwords-regions/
The password of the month is here! Enter the code below and you'll be awarded 5 gem apples!
...oh, no! The king of darkness, King D-Mind has appeared!
A beautiful women has also appeared in the black mirror... Taranza! Please don't cry!
...looking from the translation given, I don't think there's really more to it.

also i feel like i've been translating a ton of stuff these days... either from Japanese to English or vice-versa...

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
That's some password thingy: http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/team-kirby-clash-deluxe-list-passwords-regions/

...looking from the translation given, I don't think there's really more to it.

also i feel like i've been translating a ton of stuff these days... either from Japanese to English or vice-versa...
Figured as much. Would be cool if they updated the game to add more bosses. The mention of Sectonia is interesting regardless.

In future games, I'd like to see Bandana Dee get some exclusive moves to differentiate him from the regular spear ability.

Any suggestions?

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Figured as much. Would be cool if they updated the game to add more bosses. The mention of Sectonia is interesting regardless.

In future games, I'd like to see Bandana Dee get some exclusive moves to differentiate him from the regular spear ability.

Any suggestions?
Maybe some sort of Pole-vault thing like they did with Staff?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

I posted this in the social chat, but I want to put this here. In Japan, our boy was the fourth most waned character (really surprised Japan actually has pretty good taste overall). The best part is that this was prior to games like Star Allies where he had a major role.

At this point I'd be surprised if he wasn't the most wanted newcomer in Japan. And because of games such as Star Allies, which sold extremely well for the series in Europe, his popularity in the west has also probably increased.

Seeing this list has really made me believe we're in to see characters like K. Rool and Bandanna Waddle Dee the nest Smash. I'd also like to point out he even beat out the Inkling in a poll from the country where Splatoon sells the most, and Inkling is already in Smash.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990

I posted this in the social chat, but I want to put this here. In Japan, our boy was the fourth most waned character (really surprised Japan actually has pretty good taste overall). The best part is that this was prior to games like Star Allies where he had a major role.

At this point I'd be surprised if he wasn't the most wanted newcomer in Japan. And because of games such as Star Allies, which sold extremely well for the series in Europe, his popularity in the west has also probably increased.

Seeing this list has really made me believe we're in to see characters like K. Rool and Bandanna Waddle Dee the nest Smash. I'd also like to point out he even beat out the Inkling in a poll from the country where Splatoon sells the most, and Inkling is already in Smash.
That there gives me hope it's got to be this smash that he is playable there is no valid reason for him NOT to be.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I wouldn't be surprised if Bandana Dee is the most wanted character in Japan at this point.

I'm not a huge fan of the character, but I'd be down for his inclusion, and I think he could be fun to play as. I just wonder if Sakurai thinks he's worth adding; I want to say he does, but you never know.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Maybe some sort of Pole-vault thing like they did with Staff?
It's funny. In SSF2, Bandana Dee's dash attack IS him pole-vaulting.

Only prob is, it's a tad...impractical for ACTUALLY attacking though as that hitbox is smaaaaaallllll...

Although, it helps a bit on technically giving him an extra jump and setting up aerials, so there's that I guess...

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Prosafiagaming (the one who always spoils Final Bosses in his thumbnails but that's not the subject) just posted a Bandana Dee retrospection :D
It's been five merely minutes and there are already 5 commentaries asking for him to be in Smash :D

The Dee is Deesired

Top Bottom