• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
This doesn't really have much to do with anything but how would you all sort the possible Kirby newcomers by likelihood? I'm kind of curious to see what fellow Bandana Dee supporters think about his chances regarding the other Kirby characters.
If Sakurai's not the director: Bandana Dee > Dark Matter = Marx > Galacta Knight = Magolor > Adeleine > Everyone else.

If Sakurai is the director: Marx > Bandana Dee > Prince Fluff > Knuckle Joe or some other random SuperStar helper > Dark Matter > Galacta Knight = Magolor > Everyone else > Adeleine.

I can explain why I think any character's more likely than another if anybody wants to hear it.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
This doesn't really have much to do with anything but how would you all sort the possible Kirby newcomers by likelihood? I'm kind of curious to see what fellow Bandana Dee supporters think about his chances regarding the other Kirby characters.
If Sakurai's not the director: Bandana Dee > Dark Matter = Marx > Galacta Knight = Magolor > Adeleine > Everyone else.

If Sakurai is the director: Marx > Bandana Dee > Prince Fluff > Knuckle Joe or some other random SuperStar helper > Dark Matter > Galacta Knight = Magolor > Everyone else > Adeleine.

I can explain why I think any character's more likely than another if anybody wants to hear it.
I don't recall Kirby's Epic Yarn representaion in Sm4sh, so just curious, what makes you think Sakurai would consider him that much?

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I don't recall Kirby's Epic Yarn representaion in Sm4sh, so just curious, what makes you think Sakurai would consider him that much?
There was a planned Epic Yarn stage, it got scrapped when they decided to make a similar stage for Yoshi's Wooly World and they turned the stage into Great Cave Offensive, but getting an stage would have been more than what any of the other modern games ever got. I also find it kind of odd that Epic Yarn was going to get a stage over the more recent Return to Dreamland, so I'm assuming Sakurai's more fond of it than he is Return to Dreamland for whatever reason but maybe I'm reading into it a little too much.

D

Deleted member

Good too see Bandana Waddle Dee supporters coming left and right. New members always welcome and helps his chances, wouldn't mind seeing other Kirby characters as assist trophies.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Very well.
Bandanna Dee > Marx > Gooey (not Dark Matter, Gooey) >>> everyone else (yes, even Galacta Knight; I feel it would be really hard to give him a moveset that's distinct from Meta Knight's and also balanced, given how OP and otherwise similar to MK he is in-canon). Those three are really the only viable candidates I see for a fourth Kirby rep at this point, and those latter two, as much as I like them, only really have their upcoming appearances in Star Allies going for them (which is likely much too late for Sakurai to even consider until DLC comes around anyway), compared to Bandanna Dee's appearance in every relevant Kirby game since Super Star Ultra, and even being playable as part of the "main cast" in three of them.
So yeah, his chances are looking pretty good whether Sakurai directs this game or not, I'd say.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
This doesn't really have much to do with anything but how would you all sort the possible Kirby newcomers by likelihood? I'm kind of curious to see what fellow Bandana Dee supporters think about his chances regarding the other Kirby characters
Bandana Dee > Galacta Knight > Dark Matter > Magolor = Marx

This is how I feel the general pecking order is. Relevancy is key to getting into Smash so Bandana Dee is obviously #1 and Galacta Knight, for the same reasons as Dee + the ease of recycling Meta Knight assets, would be #2
Dark Matter's appearance in Robobot, on top of the implications in Star Allies and his legacy as the most influential villain in the series makes me think that he'd be #3.
Magolor most likely isn't happening, but he'd probably be next considering there aren't really other unmentioned characters that appear as semi-frequently as him, plus he's basically a lock for Star Allies DLC so that's something I guess.
Marx has a legacy and the DLC, but the fact that the character has like 5 minutes of total screentime in the entire franchise pretty much means that he lacks the sheer weight to be added, If ya know what I mean. He's in the same ballpark as Skull Kid, Midna, or Nightmare and we all know what happened to those guys in Smash 4.

I think Dee and MAYBE Galacta Knight are more then enough for Smash 5. If this Dream Friend thing actually makes a few characters PERMANENT reoccurring characters like B.Dee in future games then they can add them in Smash 6

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
My thoughts:

Sakurai: No New Rep > Yarn Kirby > Bandanna Dee = Galacta Knight > Marx > Knuckle Joe > Magolor = Gooey > Dark Matter

No Sakurai:
Bandanna Dee > Yarn Kirby = Galacta Knight > Magolor > Marx = Knuckle Joe > Dark Matter > Gooey (rip)

I have my doubts on Sakurai's enthusiasm for the new Kirby titles. Yarn Kirby is an exception, because that game would definitely catch Sakurai's interest as a potential character design. I'm still worried Sakurai is going to think the Smash Ballot wanted Waddle Dee in as a joke, considering we got no trophy for Bandanna Waddle Dee last game.

:kirby:

Last edited:

DefinitelyNotSascha

Smash Cadet
Bandana Dee was my most wanted character for Smash 4's DLC and he still is. With the games that came out after Smash 4 has been out, I believe he does have a good chance of getting in.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Very well.
Bandanna Dee > Marx > Gooey (not Dark Matter, Gooey) >>> everyone else (yes, even Galacta Knight; I feel it would be really hard to give him a moveset that's distinct from Meta Knight's and also balanced, given how OP and similar to MK he is in-canon). Those three are really the only viable candidates I see for a fourth Kirby rep at this point, and those latter two, as much as I like them, only really have their upcoming appearances in Star Allies going for them (which is likely much too late for Sakurai to even consider until DLC comes around anyway), compared to Bandanna Dee's appearance in every relevant Kirby game since RTD, and even being playable as part of the "main cast" in three of them.
So yeah, his chances are looking pretty good whether Sakurai directs this game or not, I'd say.
My thoughts:

Sakurai: No New Rep > Yarn Kirby > Bandanna Dee = Galacta Knight > Marx > Knuckle Joe > Magolor = Gooey > Dark Matter

No Sakurai:
Bandanna Dee > Yarn Kirby = Galacta Knight > Magolor > Marx = Knuckle Joe > Dark Matter > Gooey (rip)

I have my doubts on Sakurai's enthusiasm for the new Kirby titles. Yarn Kirby is an exception, because that game would definitely catch Sakurai's interest as a potential character design. I'm still worried Sakurai is going to think the Smash Ballot wanted Waddle Dee in as a joke, considering we got no trophy for Bandanna Waddle Dee last game.

:kirby:
is galacta knight really that prominent? I honestly haven't seen a single person talk about him lol

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
is galacta knight really that prominent? I honestly haven't seen a single person talk about him lol
Yes? He's been the franchise's staple secret boss for about 10 years now. He even got a Smash 4 trophy, which is rare for non-Sakurai characters

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The best thing about Kirby is that no matter who gets added, they're going to feel like a fresh, unique character to bring into Smash. Even BanDee, who by all rights should be generic and forgotten like the blue and yellow Toads in New Super Mario Bros. has a unique moveset and look that is decisively his own.

I'm personally backing Dark Matter, but wouldn't mind seeing BanDee make it in.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Personally Kirby lineup is

Bandana Dee >>> Galacta Knight = Dark Matter >>>> Marx = Magolor > Susie >> Daroach >>> Rest > Adeline

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97

Bandana Waddle Dee > Galacta Knight/Marx > Rick, Kine & Coo > Prince Fluff > everyone else.

To be honest, I don't see that many other Kirby characters having much of a chance in Smash... B. Dee is an obvious candidate, Marx and Galacta Knight have good potential, same with the animal friends, but a bit less likely, Prince Fluff...well, pretty unlikely, but possible. Other then those guys, I don't really see any other options. (Well...except maybe Magolor if anyone else, but I'll wait and see if he pops up as a playable character in Star Allies before considering him.)

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Yes? He's been the franchise's staple secret boss for about 10 years now. He even got a Smash 4 trophy, which is rare for non-Sakurai characters
I'll be honest--I never even considered him, lol. And he's got a trophy in Smash 4? I don't remember that at all...

You know what we need? A true Kirby fighting game, like one with a Smash-like engine, and ALL of these awesome Kirby characters as fighters. And it'll have a beat-'em-up style story mode. And every boss in the series. And sliding scale difficult up to super hard.

Sorry. I'll stop now, lol. It's just my dream Kirby game, is all...

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I still feel like they purposely left the door open for Bandana Dee in smash 4, with the removal of the DDD side b, and with him being teased in Kirby's famitsu page for smash 4.

I'm hoping that Sakurai's bias doesn't get in the way, and that someone else is directing the game, with him having creative input like he has suggested in some of his recent statements.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
I still feel like they purposely left the door open for Bandana Dee in smash 4, with the removal of the DDD side b, and with him being teased in Kirby's famitsu page for smash 4.

I'm hoping that Sakurai's bias doesn't get in the way, and that someone else is directing the game, with him having creative input like he has suggested in some of his recent statements.
Actually Sakurai is in fact directing it, according to his twitter.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Marx is cool and I'd enjoy him in Smash, but remember, Bandana Dee was included in the base game and not dlc. That should, in theory, make him a higher priority.

DefinitelyNotSascha

Smash Cadet
Marx wasn't even a major villain, and he's not relevant anymore. Of all villains I'd say Dark Matter would have the highest chance of getting in, followed by Magolor, who is popular and recent as well.

D

Deleted member

Marx wasn't even a major villain, and he's not relevant anymore. Of all villains I'd say Dark Matter would have the highest chance of getting in, followed by Magolor, who is popular and recent as well.
Marx is considered to be the main villain of Super Star (aside from Dedede and Meta Knight) - which is widely considered to be the best Kirby game (I think it's great but a tad overrated) - due to being the boss of the final campaign and because of Marx Soul being a thing in Ultra.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Dark Matter and Marx are the two most influential villains in Kirby I'd say. While Dark Matter is pretty much the "main" villain of the Kirby series, his appearances are usually just hinted at or disguised in some form as of recent. Both have awesome designs though and I wouldn't mind either of them joining with or after Bandana Dee. I'd also say Drawcia is up there as well, she's basically the origin of all the "art sisters" (Paintra, Claycia, Vividria).

D

Deleted member

Personally I'd want Susie to get in after Bandana Dee and Marx because Planet Robobot is my favorite Kirby game.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Just an advice, it would be cool that, if you see someone insulting the character or making jokes about it, like lel Goomba, you just ignore it.

As a veteran in this forums, I think that would be the best considering fights will not solve anything and we know they are wrong anyways.

Some people just don't know about the character or just dislike it, and the fact that his popularity and importance is growing with every new Kirby game makes them very salty.

Also, don't say the ballot was rigged.
It's kind of off-topic and also we don't have proof of that.
I'm Not insulting him; I'm just stating that he's the Cream of the Crop of his Race!!!

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
By technicality, Bandana has existed since super star, a game Sakurai worked on...I'm pretty sure he was the first megaton punch opponent?
Edit: technicality because he was only a unimportant waddle Dee at the time who was just...there.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
New update should almost be here, apparently it's getting new stone transformations.

Also why do I wake up and not find a notification from this thread, I'm dissapointed in you all:smash:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
True I was actually thinking of a smaller game for him. How about a mini movie/Short just like how Pikmin got 3?
I would love that! One of my favorite parts about Kirby 64 was the cutscenes--they showed so much character and charm without a single word, written or otherwise. This is something Kirby shorts could do VERY well. Sonic's doing it with Sonic Mania Adventures--why not Kirby?

It'd be cool if they made B-Dee have the same personality as the 64 Dee...or even better, let the short be a story about how they're the same Dee! Show how he trained hard to master the spear after the Dark Matter invasion, to better defend Dream Land in case such a threat ever returned...:grin:

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well, I took an hour out of my day and made these

The first 3 are from Kirby Rainbow Curse, the 5th one is based on the Waddle Dee helper in Kirby Super Star, 6th is based on Coo the Owl, 7th isn't based on anything in particular, and the 8th one is based on a GB palette.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990

The first 3 are from Kirby Rainbow Curse, the 5th one is based on the Waddle Dee helper in Kirby Super Star, 6th is based on Coo the Owl, 7th isn't based on anything in particular, and the 8th one is based on a GB palette.
i love this so much its awesome. my fave is the 4th one

Troykv

Smash Master

Pretty cute! :D

I think I would play with the black one because why not? :p

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
True I was actually thinking of a smaller game for him. How about a mini movie/Short just like how Pikmin got 3?
A short movie would be pretty neat. If something like that happened someday I can imagine each of the 4 main characters getting one to star in. (Y'know, one for Kirby, one for Dedede, one for Meta Knight, and one for our favorite Waddle Dee.)

Nice work! If these were his color options in Smash I would have a tough time deciding which one to use in a match. They're all nice.

Last edited:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle

The new dream friends update is out, and they added new intro screens for all of them! Bandana Dee's has his Super Star sprites and the derpy drawing of him. :' )

Top Bottom