• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bakersfield/Shafter, CA Melee or P.M. Players

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Hi everyone. I'm looking for some players in Bakersfield/Shafter, CA. who play Melee and (or) Project M. I'm a fairly active player and looking to meet new players/friends. Please let me know if you would be interested in playing some friendlies sometime! Much thanks in advance.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'm actually in the Bakersfield area. lol

I'd be interested in playing but I'm not very good at finding, or being found by other players. ;A;

UGCgamer

Smash Apprentice
^ Lol : )

Hey Kitsune91 and Saito, UGCgamer here. We recently opened a 3,000 sq. ft. venue in Panorama City. 9 miles away from Burbank, 15 miles away from Los Angeles, 20 miles away from Valencia, and 90 miles away from Bakersfield. We have (7) CRT TV's, (1) Nintendo Gamecube, and (5) Nintendo Wii. We host SSBM/SSBB tourney biweekly on Saturday at 12:00 pm. We've been active on www.shoryuken.com and posting our results there, but we also wanted to personally reach out to you guys on SmashBoards : )

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...ltimate-gaming-center-in-panorama-city#latest

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...eekly-saturday-tourney-panorama-city-ca?new=1

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...turday-tourney-results-panorama-city-ca?new=1

This Saturday 03-29-14 we are hosting SSBM at 12:00 pm. It'll be great to see you guys here.

http://smashboards.com/threads/818-the-valley-ultimate-gaming-center-in-los-angeles-ca.350884/

Last edited:

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Thanks for the post UGC gamer. Hope all went well. If you ever hosting it again I would most likely join. As for this thread, still seeking other players! Don't be shy!

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
I live in Bakersfield, but I'm not that great a player.
I hosted a smash meet up/tournament today for Project M and Melee too! :( You could have come and bonded with the local scene if you weren't there already. Send me a message if you want to practice sometime. I could turn you into a good player. We also have a facebook group page for Bakersfield Smash Bros. players so if you send me a message here on Smashboards I can add you to the group on fb. Thanks for replying to my thread!

Sphinx Olympia

Smash Rookie
I hosted a smash meet up/tournament today for Project M and Melee too! :( You could have come and bonded with the local scene if you weren't there already. Send me a message if you want to practice sometime. I could turn you into a good player. We also have a facebook group page for Bakersfield Smash Bros. players so if you send me a message here on Smashboars I can add you to the group on fb. Thanks for replying to my thread!
That sounds awesome. I'd definitely like to join the Facebook page. And I'd love to practice but i don't have any of the required materials. :(

Incredidanny

Smash Rookie
A friend and I are interested in meeting with other smashers in Bakersfield. We're not very good, but we want to get better. If you host any events or know anything, we'd love to join.

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
A friend and I are interested in meeting with other smashers in Bakersfield. We're not very good, but we want to get better. If you host any events or know anything, we'd love to join.
Absolutely! I could train you both in friendlies if you are looking to improve your skill. The more human players I have to practice with the better so feel free to send me a message and we can set something up! n_n

Starman90

Smash Cadet
NNID
starman90
Hey there will be a smash fest in Taft, CA like 30-hour away from bakersfield that i will host at the recreation center. The end of the year or next year. we will have smash 64, melee, brawl, project m, and smash wii u all there. we will have tournaments on each game. plus there is a small but somewhat good smash community here but i havent had the chance to meet but i know they are here in taft.

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Hey there will be a smash fest in Taft, CA like 30-hour away from bakersfield that i will host at the recreation center. The end of the year or next year. we will have smash 64, melee, brawl, project m, and smash wii u all there. we will have tournaments on each game. plus there is a small but somewhat good smash community here but i havent had the chance to meet but i know they are here in taft.
Good to know. Hopefully you can keep me in the loop, it sounds like it would be a lot of fun! We have a group on Facebook for Kern County Super Smash Bros. so maybe you could join and post it in there as well. That would be awesome!

Starman90

Smash Cadet
NNID
starman90
Good to know. Hopefully you can keep me in the loop, it sounds like it would be a lot of fun! We have a group on Facebook for Kern County Super Smash Bros. so maybe you could join and post it in there as well. That would be awesome!
sure send me the link

J8ksters90

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone. I'm looking for some players in Bakersfield/Shafter, CA. who play Melee and (or) Project M. I'm a fairly active player and looking to meet new players/friends. Please let me know if you would be interested in playing some friendlies sometime! Much thanks in advance.
Hey live in bakersfield and love competitive play. Can you add me on fb to the group?

Samurai Jack

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'm at school in Kansas currently, but I'm coming back to Reedley (Fresno area) for spring break and summer! I'd love to find some practice/friendlies partners!

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Hey live in bakersfield and love competitive play. Can you add me on fb to the group?
Thanks for posting! I'm the local community leader for Bakersfield so feel free to message me here or on FB if you want to meet up and practice sometime! I practice whenever I can. I live in the Northwest area of Bakersfield near Olive dr. and Calloway dr. :3

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
I went ahead and sent you a message feathers. We also have a facebook group if you are interested in joining to see what is going on locally for Kern County/Bakersfield, CA. The link is www.facebook.com/groups/supersmashbrosbakersfield Our tournaments are bi-weekly on Fridays and start at 4 PM and end at Midnight. We usually finish before Midnight and just play friendlies afterwards though. The venue for the bi-weekly smash tournaments is ProLab Gaming located at: 9919 Hageman Rd #100, Bakersfield, CA 93312

Prices are:
$5 venue fee
$5 entry for Melee
$5 entry for Project M
$5 entry for Smash Wii U

If you have any other questions feel free to reply to my message and ask away.

DVS

Smash Rookie
Hi there. I live in Bakersfield and would be up to play some N64, Melee, Project M, or 3DS.

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Hi there. I live in Bakersfield and would be up to play some N64, Melee, Project M, or 3DS.
Awesome. Have you checked out or requested to join the facebook group I posted above? That can be considered the main hub for Bakersfield, CA players and you could meet a lot of friendly people there to play with! :3 If not then I would recommend doing so! We have bi-weekly smash tournaments at ProLab Gaming as well. The next one will be May 1st.

RJ_Banner

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'm a beginner in Melee and avid Smash 4 player. I'd love to meet all the people that get together and play! Do you guys still get together and play often? Hopefully hope has not been given up, please reply as I always would love to meet fellow smashers.

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Hey! I'm a beginner in Melee and avid Smash 4 player. I'd love to meet all the people that get together and play! Do you guys still get together and play often? Hopefully hope has not been given up, please reply as I always would love to meet fellow smashers.
Yes absolutely! We play very often and a few of us just got back from EVO this weekend. Check the link above for our local Facebook group where you can meet new players. There is also going to be another tournament this Friday at ProLab Gaming on Hageman Rd/Calloway Drive. Send me a message here on smashboards if you want more info or have further questions. :3 A good amount of us live near ProLab Gaming so we practice as often as we can.

lunarwilderness

Smash Rookie
Dang, that place used to be gamestore right? I used to live right there, I live on the east side now but totally willing to drive to check that out in the future. I'm pretty pumped because I just made an account to look up Bakersfield players and found this on the front page. Long time smasher...not advanced or anything, don't have anyone to play with...but as apparently there is a smash scene in Bakersfield I totally need to check this out. I don't really use facebook but I'm gunna check out the page and join. Does ProLab have frequent smash tournaments?

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Dang, that place used to be gamestore right? I used to live right there, I live on the east side now but totally willing to drive to check that out in the future. I'm pretty pumped because I just made an account to look up Bakersfield players and found this on the front page. Long time smasher...not advanced or anything, don't have anyone to play with...but as apparently there is a smash scene in Bakersfield I totally need to check this out. I don't really use facebook but I'm gunna check out the page and join. Does ProLab have frequent smash tournaments?
Yep it used to be a GameStor until my friend took it over and we revamped the entire place. We host Smash tournaments every two weeks! I run Melee and Project M, we have someone else running 64, and the store runs Smash 4. :3 Most of the time it is just singles though, we may run doubles sometime soon! If you ever want to play some matches or learn some things in Melee I'd be your local person to talk to. I can help you train and introduce you to the others! Doors open for tournament sign-ups/pre tournament friendlies at 4:00 PM this Friday. Sign-ups close at 5:15 and tournament starts at 5:30 PM.

lunarwilderness

Smash Rookie
Yep it used to be a GameStor until my friend took it over and we revamped the entire place. We host Smash tournaments every two weeks! I run Melee and Project M, we have someone else running 64, and the store runs Smash 4. :3 Most of the time it is just singles though, we may run doubles sometime soon! If you ever want to play some matches or learn some things in Melee I'd be your local person to talk to. I can help you train and introduce you to the others! Doors open for tournament sign-ups/pre tournament friendlies at 4:00 PM this Friday. Sign-ups close at 5:15 and tournament starts at 5:30 PM.
Wow that's awesome, had no idea! Very exciting. Is there usually a pretty good showing to these tourneys, or at least a common core of regulars? I'll definitely consider at least spectating on Friday, if not later in the future. Thanks for the info and I'm sure I will talk to you, and see you sometime soon.

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Wow that's awesome, had no idea! Very exciting. Is there usually a pretty good showing to these tourneys, or at least a common core of regulars? I'll definitely consider at least spectating on Friday, if not later in the future. Thanks for the info and I'm sure I will talk to you, and see you sometime soon.
Yeah there are always regulars and newcomers. Roughly 40+ or more people show up and split across the games. Melee and Project M see 16-28 entrants and Smash 4 sees roughly 18 or more entrants. Numbers vary on everyone's schedule. By the way, one of our players who goes by the name of W!Z lives in East Bako. So you may be able to hang out with him and practice too. He plays Melee, Project M and Smash 4. If you make a FB I could get you in contact with him. He's a nice dude. Hope to see you at one of the SmashLab tournaments!

Last edited:

lunarwilderness

Smash Rookie
Yeah there are always regulars and newcomers. Roughly 40+ or more people show up and split across the games. Melee and Project M see 16-28 entrants and Smash 4 sees roughly 18 or more entrants. Numbers vary on everyone's schedule. By the way, one of our players who goes by the name of W!Z lives in East Bako. So you may be able to hang out with him and practice too. He plays Melee, Project M and Smash 4. If you make a FB I could get you in contact with him. He's a nice dude. Hope to see you at one of the SmashLab tournaments!
Sweet, I actually ended up joining the group and received the invite for tomorrow. Because it's such short notice for me and I already had plans this weekend I'm going to have to pass. I look forward to attending the next ones though. It would be cool to play with people close by so totally, go ahead and let him know.

Nightfall Forest

Smash Rookie
Hi I am new here, and have been trying to find tournaments in Bakersfield. Where is it located and how often are they?

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Hi I am new here, and have been trying to find tournaments in Bakersfield. Where is it located and how often are they?
There are local tournaments every two weeks at ProLab Gaming. They are on Fridays and information can be located in my posts above regarding the group that contains all information and links.

Top Bottom