• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bakersfield/Shafter, CA Melee or P.M. Players

Nightfall Forest

Smash Rookie
There are local tournaments every two weeks at ProLab Gaming. They are on Fridays and information can be located in my posts above regarding the group that contains all information and links.
Oh ok, I didn't see the post, so I am guessing the next tournament would be in two weeks on the 7th? If so I might go check it out, I have been wanting to see how I compete with others in a tournament.

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Oh ok, I didn't see the post, so I am guessing the next tournament would be in two weeks on the 7th? If so I might go check it out, I have been wanting to see how I compete with others in a tournament.
Yep that is correct, on the 7th. If you have a fb I strongly recommend joining the group. If you don't, create a fb and join it anyway! A lot of our local players are there and its a good opportunity to make new friends. :3

Nightfall Forest

Smash Rookie
Yep that is correct, on the 7th. If you have a fb I strongly recommend joining the group. If you don't, create a fb and join it anyway! A lot of our local players are there and its a good opportunity to make new friends. :3
I don't like using Facebook, but if I do go I might make one after just for this purpose.

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Hey do you guys still do the biweeklys for melee? If so when will the next one be?
The next one is scheduled for next Friday (October 16th) at the same venue, ProLab Gaming. We also practice regularly so if you live in the Northwest part of town there are locals who would be willing to play with you.

xXsmallgiantXx

Smash Rookie
The next one is scheduled for next Friday (October 16th) at the same venue, ProLab Gaming. We also practice regularly so if you live in the Northwest part of town there are locals who would be willing to play with you.
I live in Wasco sadly but id be down to practice sometime. And okay sweet im going out of town this weekend but ill be back for the biweekly. Ive been wanting to get into the smash scene for awhile and then found out there have been tourneys in my back yard this whole time!! Lol

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
I live in Wasco sadly but id be down to practice sometime. And okay sweet im going out of town this weekend but ill be back for the biweekly. Ive been wanting to get into the smash scene for awhile and then found out there have been tourneys in my back yard this whole time!! Lol
Sounds good! You should join our local FB group if you haven't already. The link to it can be found a few posts above this one and I know of some Wasco players that come to our bi-weeklies so the good news is you may have someone to play with and practice with there in Wasco. :) If you join the FB kern county smash group I can introduce you to them. One of them plays Melee quite frequently.

LightKing

Smash Rookie
Do you guys know of any Fresno/clovis smashers?
Yes absolutely! We play very often and a few of us just got back from EVO this weekend. Check the link above for our local Facebook group where you can meet new players. There is also going to be another tournament this Friday at ProLab Gaming on Hageman Rd/Calloway Drive. Send me a message here on smashboards if you want more info or have further questions. :3 A good amount of us live near ProLab Gaming so we practice as often as we can.
yassssssssss

Micpyo

Smash Rookie
Are thre still tournaments going on? I'm in west Bako for a few weeks while I interview for a jobs.
I just became interested in competitive smash and wanna see what's up

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Are thre still tournaments going on? I'm in west Bako for a few weeks while I interview for a jobs.
I just became interested in competitive smash and wanna see what's up
Unfortunately there are not any tournaments for this month as our regular venue closed down. The next meet-up wont be till the first weekend of December at CSUB. The event is set as a meet-up so it's unclear if it will eventually become a tournament or just a smashfest. If you are looking to play Bakersfield players while you are here I would recommend checking out the local FB group and asking there. I'm the best player in Bakersfield but there are some other decent players who would be happy to play with you while you are in town as well. ^_^ Link to FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/supersmashbrosbakersfield

crapple

Smash Rookie
i just moved from LA to Bakersfield a week ago and was wandering if there is a current meetup. I really want to get better while i'm stuck down here and any help and practice would be great! i can also bring my wii for a PM or 20xx setup as well iff needed.

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
i just moved from LA to Bakersfield a week ago and was wandering if there is a current meetup. I really want to get better while i'm stuck down here and any help and practice would be great! i can also bring my wii for a PM or 20xx setup as well iff needed.
Sure! We just got a new venue for our tournaments to start up again so we will have a regular place to play at like before. I replied to your message btw. ^_^

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Hi I'm not new to Bakersfield but I am new to Smash and I would like to know if there are any meet ups to be able to play.
Hey there! Have you joined the local facebook group? Join here! If you don't have a facebook I recommend just making a quick one and then joining. https://www.facebook.com/groups/supersmashbrosbakersfield A lot of our locals are there and our tournaments get posted there as well so you can stay in the loop as to what is going on with our city. Our next scheduled tournament is for next Saturday (March 5th, 2016) and it will have Smash Wii U and Melee. Feel free to message me directly here on smashboards if you have any other questions about the local scene. :D

ToastPerson

Smash Rookie
NNID
DooksAndDags
Hi, I lived in Bakersfield for all my life and I'm dying to go to a tournament that is in the area, I play Sm4sh and I'm starting tired of playing people on Anther's and the Online Community on G+, I want to see how I would do in a real tournament setting.

Last edited:

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Hi, I lived in Bakersfield for all my life and I'm dying to go to a tournament that is in the area, I play Sm4sh and I'm starting tired of playing people on Anther's and the Online Community on G+, I want to see how I would do in a real tournament setting.
Hi ToastPerson nice to meet you! I posted the local facebook group page a couple of posts above in case you want to join and check it out. It contains all our local players and local event info. If you don't have a facebook then I recommend just making one (it only takes a second and doesn't have to be made as a personal account) then join the group. The next scheduled Smash 4 tournament is set for April 2nd at The Gaming Spot however I'm going to see if I can possibly include Smash 4 at our Melee/Project M tournament for March 19th. ^-^

Top Bottom