• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
Can I still beta test? I main Dedede, do animations, am aware of hitstun, wavedashing, DI, l cancelin etc. and i've always wanted to play as k rool and ridley. I play wii and i main Dedede

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Can I still beta test? I main Dedede, do animations, am aware of hitstun, wavedashing, DI, l cancelin etc. and i've always wanted to play as k rool and ridley. I play wii and i main Dedede
If someone will leave or will be inactive for more than a week (without telling me why), then sure.
This move is one of my favorites, now that the point blank blind spot has been removed for the fully charged attack. May I ask where you got the Gaur Plains background from?
Its my version of DSX8's Gaur Plains mod. Not much different from Battlefield except bottom platform is not solid. I doubt i'll release it unless DSX8 will allow me to do so.
Would it be possible for someone to modify the Super Sluggers sound clips, in other words deepen their tone, so that it can sound more similar to DK64 K.Rool?

By the way, I honestly think the scream K.Rool makes in the video below at exactly 19:53 is a much better Star K.O sound.
It's a hilarious shout for the Kremling King! A similar, longer version of this can be heard everytime Tiny Kong leaves his shoe (example, between 11:37 and 11:43). However, if you wish to give him a more serious Star KO shout, I can't think of anything better than what's heard at 19:35.
I could do it.

I can't access youtube, so, if its anything that has any kind of background noice that i can't remove (R.I.P "Weak, weak and pathetic" line from Xenoblade), then i won't be able to use it. If its from a game and it can be ripped, then i could use it.

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
could you make a boxer k.rool from the n64 as an alternate costume which switches his crown throw to his boxing glove throw? Also if his gold chest is armor could you try to make it look less sewn on.

Last edited:

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
could you make a boxer k.rool from the n64 as an alternate costume which switches his crown throw to his boxing glove throw? Also if his gold chest is armor could you try to make it look less sewn on.
That would seem impossible iirc because his crown and glove have different animations, and having costumes chance animations but keeping moves seems impossible. Idk, it may have been fixed.

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
i have an idea for his recolors,
1: regular
2: red
3: blue
4: brown
5: pirate
6: scientist
7: boxer

Exodo

Smash Ace
lovin metal face and wanting to see some king k rool, but one question, why kraid :S i dont see much character potential on him

anyways waiting for some update!!

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet
I'm really enjoying looking at all the stuff you've been working on with these guys Bagan. Especially Metal Face. I mean it could work because... well, I don't want to spoil anything but its just a giant mech suit so I could easily see a more portable version of it.

For me personally its a tad shame that Metal Face is lower priority as I'm not really the biggest K.Rool fan. (Not saying he's bad. Hell, if he made as a DLC fighter I'd buy him in heartbeat, I just don't have much as a connection to the DK series as much as other people.) BUT there is a lot of people who understandably want K.Rool so they obviously should go first as he has a lot of supporters and has the most chance as being an actual character.

I mean, if Sakurai has trouble with Ridley being a thing then Metal Face has been thrown right out the bloody window, even I don't really see Metal as a possible character (and he is a giant stage hazard so that would get weird.)

Either way, Great Job guys and Keep up the good work. You're going to make a lot of people happy.

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I don't really think he's of lower priority.
At this point, he's only missing a few animations, there are a couple of bugs (most due to the lack of an animation) and a couple of moves could be changed. There's balancing of course, but not even Ridley's is finished. K.Rool and Kraid aren't even playable yet.

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
If someone will leave or will be inactive for more than a week (without telling me why), then sure.
Is this when the characters are to be tested? I am busy with finals this week, so I won't be able to critically analyse K. Rool and Kraid's tests until I am on Christmas break.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I can't do all of that modeling stuff, but if i would have such model, i could make it switch like that. And can't do much about gold chest.
That would seem impossible iirc because his crown and glove have different animations, and having costumes chance animations but keeping moves seems impossible. Idk, it may have been fixed.
Its actually possible to do. Dr. Mario in PM has different GFX and pills instead of fireballs and he is just an alt costume.
lovin metal face and wanting to see some king k rool, but one question, why kraid :S i dont see much character potential on him

anyways waiting for some update!!
Because he needs some love and i want to see how far i can go with resizing characters. First was Ridley, who is a pretty big guy, then Metal Face, who is nearly twice as tall as Ridley, and now there is Kraid who is probably a bit taller than MF.
I'm really enjoying looking at all the stuff you've been working on with these guys Bagan. Especially Metal Face. I mean it could work because... well, I don't want to spoil anything but its just a giant mech suit so I could easily see a more portable version of it.

For me personally its a tad shame that Metal Face is lower priority as I'm not really the biggest K.Rool fan. (Not saying he's bad. Hell, if he made as a DLC fighter I'd buy him in heartbeat, I just don't have much as a connection to the DK series as much as other people.) BUT there is a lot of people who understandably want K.Rool so they obviously should go first as he has a lot of supporters and has the most chance as being an actual character.

I mean, if Sakurai has trouble with Ridley being a thing then Metal Face has been thrown right out the bloody window, even I don't really see Metal as a possible character (and he is a giant stage hazard so that would get weird.)

Either way, Great Job guys and Keep up the good work. You're going to make a lot of people happy.
Thanks and i hope so too.
I don't really think he's of lower priority.
At this point, he's only missing a few animations, there are a couple of bugs (most due to the lack of an animation) and a couple of moves could be changed. There's balancing of course, but not even Ridley's is finished. K.Rool and Kraid aren't even playable yet.
He is of lower priority. Its just that i've been working on him before we even found Álvaro_WS. Does anyone remembers this image?
00000000-88.png

Yeah, it wasn't just a random thing i put here. He's been here since August-September. Couldn't stab anyone though.
Is this when the characters are to be tested? I am busy with finals this week, so I won't be able to critically analyse K. Rool and Kraid's tests until I am on Christmas break.
No. Just random amount of time. K. Rool can't attack yet and Kraid is still not here.

If i don't post updates on K. Rool, it doesn't means he isn't going anywhere. Its just that he is harder to work with due to having less animations to work with (and because of that, im using Zangief for animation references and it works well enough for this model), having weird proportions (he has small legs and he is fat) and he is still early in development and i can't just show you things like him walking, running, jumping, etc. But i don't want thread to be inactive and yet i don't want to just post MF 90% of the time because im sure thats not why most of you are here. And i wanted to post a screenshot of K. Rool here, but my internet is being...bad again.

Last edited:

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
Its actually possible to do. Dr. Mario in PM has different GFX and pills instead of fireballs and he is just an alt costume
Yes but as far as i'm concerned, those animations are exactly the same. The difference is gfx and sfx. K Rool would look weird reaching for his crown and throwing it one costume, and then reaching for his crown and throwing a boxing glove for the next IMO. But if you can pull it off, i'd be awed and not opposed to it at all.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yes but as far as i'm concerned, those animations are exactly the same. The difference is gfx and sfx. K Rool would look weird reaching for his crown and throwing it one costume, and then reaching for his crown and throwing a boxing glove for the next IMO. But if you can pull it off, i'd be awed and not opposed to it at all.
True, but animation will be fast enough for it to be hard to notice. It would just look like he swings his arm. And its still possible to have different animation for speciffic costume with similar codes.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
yep, i was also the one who hinted what you were doing in the pic
Yeah, i remember that.

So, i found what i could use for K. Rool's voice, but here's a question - which one should be chosen?
Of course i won't forget about this sound. I also found Metal Face's original Xenoblade voice (which is harder to understand, but sounds more menacing, its easier to use for a fighting game and Norio Wakamoto, but SSB4 voice is easier to understand and there are few lines that work well for SSB) and base for Kraid's roars. The only difference between Kraid's Super Metroid roars and Titanosaurus' roars is pitch. Kraid's voice is lower and thats it.
And just to make this post bigger:
00000000-66.png

K. Rool might be too slow in this mod (even when running), but can't do much without looking ridiculous with those small legs. At least he jumps far enough and wavedashing is good.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I have a question. Do you think you'll ever commission someone to record an announcer call for Ridley?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
If i understand you correctly, im not gonna spend money i don't have on this stuff.
Ah. I meant more request than anything else, but thank you for the answer. :)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Do we know who the 3.6 announcer is? I'd be willing to pay him for a few different names.
I failed to find his name anywhere (then again, i can't access youtube and there was a video demonstrating new announcer, so, maybe his name is in description) and i never remember names, but i remember watching one of his videos and it wasn't related to PM (just being announcer 'n all). Im curious about who he is too.
Ah. I meant more request than anything else, but thank you for the answer. :)
Ah. Well, i would like to do so, but i doubt PM 3.6's announcer does things for free and using others would be kinda pointless since we already have one from SSB Crusade.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
So, i found what i could use for K. Rool's voice, but here's a question - which one should be chosen?
Of course i won't forget about this sound. I also found Metal Face's original Xenoblade voice (which is harder to understand, but sounds more menacing, its easier to use for a fighting game and Norio Wakamoto, but SSB4 voice is easier to understand and there are few lines that work well for SSB) and base for Kraid's roars. The only difference between Kraid's Super Metroid roars and Titanosaurus' roars is pitch. Kraid's voice is lower and thats it.
And just to make this post bigger:
View attachment 86587
K. Rool might be too slow in this mod (even when running), but can't do much without looking ridiculous with those small legs. At least he jumps far enough and wavedashing is good.
The first video is good as it is includes the most sounds for both attacks and being hit, but just sounds like Ganondorf with a high pitch. I'd probably choose the second one and use the 64 one for mabye one or two things such as a taunt or being hit.

And only because Titanosaurus reminded me, is the 'bagan' in your name based on the Godzilla monster Bagan from Super Godzilla and the original villain for the Return of Godzilla?

I only ask since I have been a Godzilla fan all of my life.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The first video is good as it is includes the most sounds for both attacks and being hit, but just sounds like Ganondorf with a high pitch. I'd probably choose the second one and use the 64 one for mabye one or two things such as a taunt or being hit.

And only because Titanosaurus reminded me, is the 'bagan' in your name based on the Godzilla monster Bagan from Super Godzilla and the original villain for the Return of Godzilla?

I only ask since I have been a Godzilla fan all of my life.
We can easily fix that.

Yes, this guy.

Speon4

Smash Rookie
BaganSmashBros I would like to beta test those characters, I have experience with every character in the game and with one project m ridley mod. I'm currently in vacation that means I can test them every day plus I play with some friends that will make it easy for me to check for errors, etc. :) please let me test them. Btw thanks for reading this.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
BaganSmashBros I would like to beta test those characters, I have experience with every character in the game and with one project m ridley mod. I'm currently in vacation that means I can test them every day plus I play with some friends that will make it easy for me to check for errors, etc. :) please let me test them. Btw thanks for reading this.
Test all of them? If yes, then sure. One of testers is too busy with real problems and other potential beta testers will have to wait for K. Rool and/or Kraid to be done anyway.
You should make alts for metal face based on the other faced machon from xenoblade.
If you mean alt models, Xord/Mass-Produced Faces are too bulky, Nemesis is normal, Yaldabaoth has a tail and his limbs aren't connected to his body and Jade Face...yeah, he is the only one who would fit with minimal changes. I could take parts from them of course and make MF look like them. Xenoblade models aren't very complex, so, Wii could handle it. But i don't think that would be a good idea.
If you mean recolors, then its already done. Not 1:1, but close enough. Only Xord is left out, but all 10 slots have been used (red, JF, blue, SF, upgraded MF, red 2, JF 2, blue 2, Yaldabaoth).

Last edited:

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
Test all of them? If yes, then sure. One of testers is too busy with real problems and other potential beta testers will have to wait for K. Rool and/or Kraid to be done anyway.

If you mean alt models, Xord/Mass-Produced Faces are too bulky, Nemesis is normal, Yaldabaoth has a tail and his limbs aren't connected to his body and Jade Face...yeah, he is the only one who would fit with minimal changes. I could take parts from them of course and make MF look like them. Xenoblade models aren't very complex, so, Wii could handle it. But i don't think that would be a good idea.
If you mean recolors, then its already done. Not 1:1, but close enough. Only Xord is left out, but all 10 slots have been used (red, JF, blue, SF, upgraded MF, red 2, JF 2, blue 2, Yaldabaoth).
Really? When you said you'd let me know if a tester is too busy? Ok

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, i remember that.

You could take sounds from the TV show. There's a ton of episodes, so I'm sure there's a bunch of sound clips that would be useful for your purposes.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Really? When you said you'd let me know if a tester is too busy? Ok
You said you wanted to play as K. Rool and he is not ready for testing yet. So, you'll have to wait anyway.
You could take sounds from the TV show. There's a ton of episodes, so I'm sure there's a bunch of sound clips that would be useful for your purposes.
That sounds like a painful thing to do with my connection, but if there is no background noice, i could use them.

Last edited:

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
That sounds like a painful thing to do with my connection, but if there is no background noice, i could use them.
Oh, it'll be painful in more ways than one. Probably not connection-wise though. KissCartoon offers the option of HTML5, for those on mobile/with bad connections.

Here's a link: http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Donkey-Kong-Country

Here's hoping that 'Banana Slamma!' doesn't get stuck in your head.

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
You said you wanted to play as K. Rool and he is not ready for testing yet. So, you'll have to wait anyway.

Ah, very well then. Must've read that wrong but it looked as if you told him that he could test all three (K Rool included, which put my panties in a notch), but that's just the drugs typing. On another note, will you be releasing the option to play as allof your mods simultaneously? Because i hate that Project M refuses to boot up whenever i usse GTC Fusionizer to attempt to play as your Ridley Mod as well as Project Ganondorf. I really hope so considering there's no other way to add codes into Project M.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
GCT Fusionizer is the only way? I personally use this to edit the .gct, but I hear you can do it easily with BrawlBox. The Ganondorf mod only needs a single code inserted anyway

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh, it'll be painful in more ways than one. Probably not connection-wise though. KissCartoon offers the option of HTML5, for those on mobile/with bad connections.

Here's a link: http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Donkey-Kong-Country

Here's hoping that 'Banana Slamma!' doesn't get stuck in your head.
I doubt its gonna help much. Anywy, are there any speciffic episodes that have lines worth using? Don't want to download the whole thing and then watch all of it.
Ah, very well then. Must've read that wrong but it looked as if you told him that he could test all three (K Rool included, which put my panties in a notch), but that's just the drugs typing. On another note, will you be releasing the option to play as allof your mods simultaneously? Because i hate that Project M refuses to boot up whenever i usse GTC Fusionizer to attempt to play as your Ridley Mod as well as Project Ganondorf. I really hope so considering there's no other way to add codes into Project M.
Its already possible to do so. Just use BrawlBox for editing RSBE01.gct. Im using Ridley, K. Rool (well, not really using this one for obvious reasons, but he's here), PGanondorf and Metal Face simultaneously and it goes without problems.

IROX568

Smash Cadet
Actually I did just mean recolors. Maybe a Xord texture could be uploaded separately like what you did with Ridley's extra colors.

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
I doubt its gonna help much. Anywy, are there any speciffic episodes that have lines worth using? Don't want to download the whole thing and then watch all of it.

Its already possible to do so. Just use BrawlBox for editing RSBE01.gct. Im using Ridley, K. Rool (well, not really using this one for obvious reasons, but he's here), PGanondorf and Metal Face simultaneously and it goes without problems.
Really? Doesn't seem to want to work for me. It says codes unknown and adding any codes requires me to write each letter/number into the box (which is extremely tedious), but maybe i'm just not smart. Very well then, carry on.

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
I'll subject myself to it then, and take notes when I find some usable sounds. Then I'll pass on the notes to you.

I mainly suggested the TV show because the voice is similar to the one from the games, but with more potential bites to choose from.

Though I'm personally more fond of the idea of using real crocodilian sounds. But 'eh - you want DKC sounds, and K. Rool is K. Rool, so I ain't complainin'.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Actually I did just mean recolors. Maybe a Xord texture could be uploaded separately like what you did with Ridley's extra colors.
That could work too.
Really? Doesn't seem to want to work for me. It says codes unknown and adding any codes requires me to write each letter/number into the box (which is extremely tedious), but maybe i'm just not smart. Very well then, carry on.
It says that because PM's codes are mixed together. You can add separate code and then copy+paste code you need. I've been doing this for a while.
I'll subject myself to it then, and take notes when I find some usable sounds. Then I'll pass on the notes to you.

I mainly suggested the TV show because the voice is similar to the one from the games, but with more potential bites to choose from.

Though I'm personally more fond of the idea of using real crocodilian sounds. But 'eh - you want DKC sounds, and K. Rool is K. Rool, so I ain't complainin'.
Ok then. Will patiently wait for it.

Having more options is always better and some might like it this way.

Last edited:

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
While I'm doing this, I've got a question. What is Kraid's Final Smash gonna be? I hope it's him growing to full size to KO everyone.

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
It says that because PM's codes are mixed together. You can add separate code and then copy+paste code you need. I've been doing this for a while.
It doesn't give me any of those options. Is there a tutorial on the thread that i can look up? No one wants to reply to my thread. If not, thanks anyways.

Top Bottom