• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaganSmashBros and ko.'s Kustom Kontent - King K. Rool, Kraid and...Metal Face?!

How would you rate each project?

• (K. Rool) Kotally Awesome 5/5

Votes: 166 80.2%
  • (K. Rool) Kool 4/5

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • (K. Rool) ...ok? 3/5

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • (K. Rool) K. Rapp 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K. Rool) Kek 1/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Kraid) Awesomesauce 5/5

Votes: 54 26.1%
  • (Kraid) Very good 4/5

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • (Kraid) Good 3/5

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • (Kraid) Fair 2/5

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • (Kraid) Poor 1/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) ...SMASHING! Hah hah hah 5/5

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • (Metal Face) Acceptable 4/5

Votes: 38 18.4%
  • (Metal Face) Weak! 3/5

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • (Metal Face) Pathetic! 2/5

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • (Metal Face) Worthless! 1/5

Votes: 16 7.7%

• Total voters

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man! Metal Face look awesome! And King.K.Rool seem to go in a good way too! Really, i really like how you handle big character. I hope you the best for what will come. :)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So Bagan, how exactly does one work on PSAs that are as godlike as your Ridley, Metal Face, and K. Rool? Is it pretty much witchcraft??? lol
You have to punch a cat, kick a puppy, burn an orphanage, jaywalk, kill someone's parents, beat up old people, play Superman 64 until the end with no cheat codes and drink hot soda. In this order.
Man! Metal Face look awesome! And King.K.Rool seem to go in a good way too! Really, i really like how you handle big character. I hope you the best for what will come. :)
Thanks.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Bagan, you're doing god's work. I've never played Project M before, but I'm definitely going to download it once your K. Rool mod is finished. It legitimately looks like how he would appear in Brawl. Love the blunderbuss, too!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Bagan, you're doing god's work. I've never played Project M before, but I'm definitely going to download it once your K. Rool mod is finished. It legitimately looks like how he would appear in Brawl. Love the blunderbuss, too!
Thanks and PM is worth playing even without K.Rool.

Added wind physics to his cape (it looks kinda weird during his standing animation, but it actually moves properly) and changed his size.
Here he is when compared to Kongs and Bowser:
00000000-30.png

Not sure how accurate this is to the source, but it works well with platforms.

Here he is with my other 2 mods that can be shown right now:
00000000-32.png

He is smaller than both of them (or at least shorter), a lot heavier than Ridley, lighter than Metal Face and a bit heavier than Bowser. And he is supposed to have glowing eyes like some Kremlings, but i forgot to do that.

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Thanks and PM is worth playing even without K.Rool.

Added wind physics to his cape (it looks kinda weird during his standing animation, but it actually moves properly) and changed his size.
Here he is when compared to Kongs and Bowser:
View attachment 84066
Not sure how accurate this is to the source, but it works well with platforms.

Here he is with my other 2 mods that can be shown right now:
View attachment 84070
He is smaller than both of them (or at least shorter), a lot heavier than Ridley, lighter than Metal Face and a bit heavier than Bowser. And he is supposed to have glowing eyes like some Kremlings, but i forgot to do that.
It looks too good, I am getting so excited to test him out in the future. Have you implemented his specials (not including down special) yet, I was just wondering only because you have the blunderbuss model.

I'll keep updating the K. Rool thread with newly updated pictures. One thing I can do is create a banner if you want for K. Rool using this photo, as the top part perfectly represent s K. Rool to me:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It looks too good, I am getting so excited to test him out in the future. Have you implemented his specials (not including down special) yet, I was just wondering only because you have the blunderbuss model.

I'll keep updating the K. Rool thread with newly updated pictures. One thing I can do is create a banner if you want for K. Rool using this photo, as the top part perfectly represent s K. Rool to me:
I haven't went past attributes, cape physics and waiting animations yet, so, none of the attacks work yet, but i know how i'll handle them.

That would be nice. And to remove some empty space, add his name using Impact font (thats what it was called?).
Also, don't post this kind of stuff too often. Its still a SSB4 thread.

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Finished the banner. Tell me what you think, as any criticism will help my skills in the future. Because when photoshop converted the picture into a JPEG and PNG, it lost a little bit of quality, so I would had included the photoshop file but smashboards doesn't let you.
king k rool project m banner.jpg
king k rool project m banner.png
Also, don't post this kind of stuff too often. Its still a SSB4 thread.
Got it.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Finished the banner. Tell me what you think, as any criticism will help my skills in the future. Because when photoshop converted the picture into a JPEG and PNG, it lost a little bit of quality, so I would had included the photoshop file but smashboards doesn't let you.

Got it.
Its fine as it is. The only thing i can say is that shadows under/behind "Project M" and "King K. Rool" should have been in different place to match how it is for K.Rool himself.

Last edited:

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
I'd love to help out in testing King K. Rool and Kraid! I welcome these reptilians with open arms!
  • Can you handle large and heavy character with high falling speed (like Ganondorf and Captain Falcon)? This is to make sure you understand how things go.
  • Do you know all of the basic ATs like l-cancelling and wavedashing?
  • Wii/WiiU or Dolphin?
  • Do you want to test only K.Rool? Only Kraid? Only Metal Face? Any character? Only 2 out of 3?
1. I'll be sure to check his falling speed, including his fast falls.
2. I love wavedashing as Doctor Mario in Melee, so I'm totally in on this. I'm still working on L-Canceling, but I know what it is.
3. I'll only test it on my Wii; Still waiting for the Homebrew on the Wii U to update to 5.4.0, unless you're talking about the Wii mode on there. In that case, the Wii is still a better answer in this point of time.
4. I'd love to test out both K. Rool and Kraid. I love both the DKC and Metroid series, and I love reptile villains.

I also have a moveset thought out for K. Rool, unless you've chosen one already?

Thank you for your time and effort into making these beautiful characters.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Don't mind me, I'm just going to post here to possibly apply for beta testing and to stay notified on the K. Rool mod development.
1. I main DK, so I have experience with heavies.
2. No, I'm a bit of a noob in that regard :p
3. Dolphin.
4. I'd love to test K. Rool.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Now that I'm looking at the model in-game from screenshots, is it possible to also have a PAON alt as well? The proportions look pretty similar, excluding the hands and maybe the arms being slightly shorter. If its doable I'd suggest using the trophy model from SSB Wii U, or would that be too difficult since its not T-posed?

http://www.models-resource.com/wii_u/supersmashbrosforwiiu/model/10400/

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
The sad thing is that it looks better here than in the actual game.

Out of curiosity Bagan, what sfx are you going to use for Kraid and K. Rool? For example K. Rool, will you use just DK64, mabye a combination of his DKC and 64 sounds, Mario Super Sluggers, or something else?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'd love to help out in testing King K. Rool and Kraid! I welcome these reptilians with open arms!
1. I'll be sure to check his falling speed, including his fast falls.
2. I love wavedashing as Doctor Mario in Melee, so I'm totally in on this. I'm still working on L-Canceling, but I know what it is.
3. I'll only test it on my Wii; Still waiting for the Homebrew on the Wii U to update to 5.4.0, unless you're talking about the Wii mode on there. In that case, the Wii is still a better answer in this point of time.
4. I'd love to test out both K. Rool and Kraid. I love both the DKC and Metroid series, and I love reptile villains.

I also have a moveset thought out for K. Rool, unless you've chosen one already?

Thank you for your time and effort into making these beautiful characters.
Good and only specials are chosen for K. Rool.
Don't mind me, I'm just going to post here to possibly apply for beta testing and to stay notified on the K. Rool mod development.
1. I main DK, so I have experience with heavies.
2. No, I'm a bit of a noob in that regard :p
3. Dolphin.
4. I'd love to test K. Rool.
You're accepted and thats all for beta testers.
Now that I'm looking at the model in-game from screenshots, is it possible to also have a PAON alt as well? The proportions look pretty similar, excluding the hands and maybe the arms being slightly shorter. If its doable I'd suggest using the trophy model from SSB Wii U, or would that be too difficult since its not T-posed?

http://www.models-resource.com/wii_u/supersmashbrosforwiiu/model/10400/

I don't think its possible without changing the model too much since our K. Rool also has shorter legs, longer neck and longer fingers and eyes are moved with bones rather than textures like with other characters (not my choice, but its easier for me this way). If it is possible, then im certainly not going to touch it even with something as long as Mechonis' sword (would use something bigger and better known to others, but thats all i could think of). T-posing models is already hard and i had problems with simply rigging K.Rool.
The sad thing is that it looks better here than in the actual game.

Out of curiosity Bagan, what sfx are you going to use for Kraid and K. Rool? For example K. Rool, will you use just DK64, mabye a combination of his DKC and 64 sounds, Mario Super Sluggers, or something else?
Im not sure about K. Rool yet, but i'll use Titanosaurus' roars from Godzilla series with some changes to make them sound more fitting for a big guy like Kraid. And this isn't just a random choice - Kraid in Metroid uses very similar roars and this isn't the only time something like this is used (Baby Metroid's dying cry is Mothra's while Draygon uses Anguirus' roars or something very similar).

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
SuperSmashSean SuperSmashSean and BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros I said I'd be down to share my K. Rool moveset ideas here even though it'd pretty much mean the end of my "K. Rool moveset brainstorming" series. I hope this is the right thread to suggest a moveset (I hesitated between posting this here or in the K. Rool thread) but anyway here's my moveset

Jab combo: first two hits are like Bowser (punch with an arm then with the other) but contrary to him he also has a third hit. For this third hit K. Rool attacks by bouncing his belly similar to how Klumps do in DK64. The first to hit have their knockback properties designed to make sure the third hit can reliably connect, and the overall combo is supposed to be a quick "get out of me" move.

Forward tilt: swipes his left hand upward. Range is more limited than the punches of the jab combo, but the move is slightly more powerful and has a much more vertical knockback. Can be used as a setup for some of K. Rool's otherwise hard to land aerials.
Up tilt: raises his hands upward, somewhat similar to his King of Swim artwork, but with the arms more bended. A dedicated anti-air move with an overall wide hitbox. The hands are invincible and their hitboxes are more powerful than the arms.
Down tilt: a semi-spike similar to Wario's down tilt in animation, except that K. Rool attacks with all the fingers in his hand and not just his index. It is also slower. Compared to jab's third hit, it has lower base knockback, but more knockback scaling.

Side smash: a forward headbutt. Inflicts more damage if the enemy is hit by the crown. Similar to Charizard's forward smash, but less laggy.
Up smash: K. Rool throws his crown upward. Covers a lot of vertical height. Rather fast startup-wise, but horizontal range is much lower than up tilt. If K. Rool is hit before he gets the crown back, the move stops and the crown will immediately return to him. It may be difficult to code it as a projectile, so maybe make it work like a regular disjointed hitbox (at the cost of it not being reflectable).
Down smash: a ground stomp similar to the move he uses against Donkey Kong in DK64. Anyone hit by K. Rool's body will be buried, and someone who's close to K. Rool but not exactly touching him will take damage and knockback from a shockwave around him. Its very high ending lag would make this move risky to use, though.

Dash attack: a forward bounce somewhat similar to Little Mac's grounded side special in Smash 4. Doesn't go far in height, but covers a decent horizontal distance. Three hitboxes: one early when he starts bouncing, a middle one when he's in the air, and a last one when he's landing. First hitbox is not very powerful and is designed to not connect with the later hitboxes. Second hit is stronger and is designed to connect with the final hit, plus it could have a few invincibility frames. The final hit is the strongest one and I feel should have increased shield damage to make up for the possibility of the opponent shielding and grabbing K. Rool (as I think this attack would likely have non-negligible ending lag). This is a method of attack K. Rool often uses in DKC and I think would fit his playstyle very well.

Neutral aerial: a spin attack similar to Meta Knight's neutral air. With its low startup and good hitbox duration, it is meant to give K. Rool the chance to go back to neutral by breaking combos, as I suppose K. Rool would be a character very susceptible to combos due to his weight and hitbox size. Knobkback scaling should be lower than Meta Knight's nair, though. Vaguely reminiscent of an attack he uses in a boss battle in Jungle Climber.
Forward air: a quick mid-air bite attack. Its small hitbox and low duration make it impractical to use, though it is satisfying to land thanks to good damage and high knockback. Exceptionally low landing lag for an heavy, though the other aerials have a considerably higher landing lag to compensate. More details on the link as I already detailed this move earlier as part of my "K. Rool moveset brainstorming" series. (Note: those frame data are just to give an idea of a scale, they are not meant to be definitive values.)
Back air: K. Rool swings his right arm behind him. Has the best range among his aerials, and a sweetspot at the hand which is also invincible.
Up air: headbutt similar to Donkey Kong's. Crown is the sweetspot, and hard to hit with (his head also has a hitbox but considerably less powerful). Second lowest landing lag of all his aerials, but still considerably higher than foward air.
Down air: a belly flop. The move's hitbox is located in K. Rool's belly. The sourspot (the hitbox during the beginning of the move) inflicts weak knockback with a poor launching angle, but the sweetspot (the hitbox later) is a powerful meteor smash. Combined with K. Rool's high falling speed, it makes this move tricky to use. Inspired from a similar move appearance-wise he uses in Donkey Kong Land. Similar to forward air, I already detailed this move as part of my "K. Rool moveset brainstorming" series, so click on the link to see more details about it. (Again, suggested frame data is not meant to be final.)

Down special: Kannonball barrage. Drops a kannonball from above in front of K. Rool. Can be used multiple times when grounded, in which case the kannonballs after the first one will spawn further from K. Rool and become more powerful. More details on the link, as I also detailed this move for my "K. Rool moveset brainstorming" series. Not sure about whether it's really possible to implement this move as suggested like that, but I think the Kannonball barrage should really be in K. Rool's moveset if possible, so it'd be fine to see this move translated to Smash differently to what I'm suggesting.

Entrance animation: falls from the sky at high speed, similar to Charizard's from PM. Directly references the way he appears in Gangplank Galleon at the start of his fight.

Side taunt: K. Rool laughs menacingly while doing a pose similar to Krushas from DKC when they take a hit that fails to harm them.
Up taunt: does the "Yeah, thank you!" pose he takes at the beginning of the final boss fight of DK64.
Down taunt: plays dead.

Victory screen 1: laughs exaggeratedly menacingly, then does a comical pose.
Victory screen 2: does a comical dance reminiscent of his Jungle Climber artwork, by alterning between this pose and a second one which is the same but standing on his other leg.
Victory screen 3: says "Get out!" (reference to DK64), shoots a cannonball with his blunderbuss, then does a pose with it.

His losing animation should still show him clapping his hand, but with a facial expression that makes him look very mad and angry.

Looking for feedback, anyway I really can't wait to see a video showcasing a functional K. Rool in Smash! And while I don't care too much for the other two projects compared to K. Rool, there's still something I think could be a good addition to Metal Face's moveset (minor Xenoblade spoiler):
I think it could be cool for him to have a powerful spear somewhere in his moveset, possibly even for his Final Smash. The spear itself would deal massive damage (and obviously couldn't be reflected), and then it would release poison for a certain amount of time if it hits the ground or a wall, damaging nearby enemies in the process.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Up Smash - A Death Chomp that works similarly to DK's USmash, but it's much more powerful and more laggy. Basically he extends his jaws wider and wider until the breaking point where he snaps them shut and chomps down onto an opponent. Sends them flying upwards.

Down Smash - His ground pound + shockwaves. Like in DK64, he can ground pound and produce massive shockwaves to hurt nearby enemies. The range can be as great as MegaMan's Side Smash in SSB4.

Forward Smash - Fiery Jet Propulsion. This one is the trickiest for me, as for my own moveset I relegated his Blunderbuss here, however for this moveset, I would use his jet propulsion he can do with his gun and use it as a powerful FSmash. Range isn't as strong as his DSmash but it's not piss poor.

Grabs + Pummels --- (Note, you COULD use his Blunderbuss to suck opponents inside like in DKC2, however his throws would end up being a little boring if all they are is shooting people out)

Grab - Hold opponent like SSB4 Bowser, but immediately, he has a boxing glove on and pummels by punching opponents.

FThrow - His releases the opponent in the air, pulls out the gun immediately and shoots three cannonballs, consecutively, at them (Kill throw). This can be seen in DKC2 where DK is being tortured.

BThrow - He throws them backwards in the air, brings out a remote control and shocks them sending them just a little bit further than the initial throw.

DThrow - He pummels the opponent on the ground and summons a cannonball from the sky, crushing them.

UThrow - He uppercuts them like in DK64.

All I got for now.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
SuperSmashSean SuperSmashSean and BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros I said I'd be down to share my K. Rool moveset ideas here even though it'd pretty much mean the end of my "K. Rool moveset brainstorming" series. I hope this is the right thread to suggest a moveset (I hesitated between posting this here or in the K. Rool thread) but anyway here's my moveset

Jab combo: first two hits are like Bowser (punch with an arm then with the other) but contrary to him he also has a third hit. For this third hit K. Rool attacks by bouncing his belly similar to how Klumps do in DK64. The first to hit have their knockback properties designed to make sure the third hit can reliably connect, and the overall combo is supposed to be a quick "get out of me" move.

Forward tilt: swipes his left hand upward. Range is more limited than the punches of the jab combo, but the move is slightly more powerful and has a much more vertical knockback. Can be used as a setup for some of K. Rool's otherwise hard to land aerials.
Up tilt: raises his hands upward, somewhat similar to his King of Swim artwork, but with the arms more bended. A dedicated anti-air move with an overall wide hitbox. The hands are invincible and their hitboxes are more powerful than the arms.
Down tilt: a semi-spike similar to Wario's down tilt in animation, except that K. Rool attacks with all the fingers in his hand and not just his index. It is also slower. Compared to jab's third hit, it has lower base knockback, but more knockback scaling.

Side smash: a forward headbutt. Inflicts more damage if the enemy is hit by the crown. Similar to Charizard's forward smash, but less laggy.
Up smash: K. Rool throws his crown upward. Covers a lot of vertical height. Rather fast startup-wise, but horizontal range is much lower than up tilt. If K. Rool is hit before he gets the crown back, the move stops and the crown will immediately return to him. It may be difficult to code it as a projectile, so maybe make it work like a regular disjointed hitbox (at the cost of it not being reflectable).
Down smash: a ground stomp similar to the move he uses against Donkey Kong in DK64. Anyone hit by K. Rool's body will be buried, and someone who's close to K. Rool but not exactly touching him will take damage and knockback from a shockwave around him. Its very high ending lag would make this move risky to use, though.

Dash attack: a forward bounce somewhat similar to Little Mac's grounded side special in Smash 4. Doesn't go far in height, but covers a decent horizontal distance. Three hitboxes: one early when he starts bouncing, a middle one when he's in the air, and a last one when he's landing. First hitbox is not very powerful and is designed to not connect with the later hitboxes. Second hit is stronger and is designed to connect with the final hit, plus it could have a few invincibility frames. The final hit is the strongest one and I feel should have increased shield damage to make up for the possibility of the opponent shielding and grabbing K. Rool (as I think this attack would likely have non-negligible ending lag). This is a method of attack K. Rool often uses in DKC and I think would fit his playstyle very well.

Neutral aerial: a spin attack similar to Meta Knight's neutral air. With its low startup and good hitbox duration, it is meant to give K. Rool the chance to go back to neutral by breaking combos, as I suppose K. Rool would be a character very susceptible to combos due to his weight and hitbox size. Knobkback scaling should be lower than Meta Knight's nair, though. Vaguely reminiscent of an attack he uses in a boss battle in Jungle Climber.
Forward air: a quick mid-air bite attack. Its small hitbox and low duration make it impractical to use, though it is satisfying to land thanks to good damage and high knockback. Exceptionally low landing lag for an heavy, though the other aerials have a considerably higher landing lag to compensate. More details on the link as I already detailed this move earlier as part of my "K. Rool moveset brainstorming" series. (Note: those frame data are just to give an idea of a scale, they are not meant to be definitive values.)
Back air: K. Rool swings his right arm behind him. Has the best range among his aerials, and a sweetspot at the hand which is also invincible.
Up air: headbutt similar to Donkey Kong's. Crown is the sweetspot, and hard to hit with (his head also has a hitbox but considerably less powerful). Second lowest landing lag of all his aerials, but still considerably higher than foward air.
Down air: a belly flop. The move's hitbox is located in K. Rool's belly. The sourspot (the hitbox during the beginning of the move) inflicts weak knockback with a poor launching angle, but the sweetspot (the hitbox later) is a powerful meteor smash. Combined with K. Rool's high falling speed, it makes this move tricky to use. Inspired from a similar move appearance-wise he uses in Donkey Kong Land. Similar to forward air, I already detailed this move as part of my "K. Rool moveset brainstorming" series, so click on the link to see more details about it. (Again, suggested frame data is not meant to be final.)

Down special: Kannonball barrage. Drops a kannonball from above in front of K. Rool. Can be used multiple times when grounded, in which case the kannonballs after the first one will spawn further from K. Rool and become more powerful. More details on the link, as I also detailed this move for my "K. Rool moveset brainstorming" series. Not sure about whether it's really possible to implement this move as suggested like that, but I think the Kannonball barrage should really be in K. Rool's moveset if possible, so it'd be fine to see this move translated to Smash differently to what I'm suggesting.

Entrance animation: falls from the sky at high speed, similar to Charizard's from PM. Directly references the way he appears in Gangplank Galleon at the start of his fight.

Side taunt: K. Rool laughs menacingly while doing a pose similar to Krushas from DKC when they take a hit that fails to harm them.
Up taunt: does the "Yeah, thank you!" pose he takes at the beginning of the final boss fight of DK64.
Down taunt: plays dead.

Victory screen 1: laughs exaggeratedly menacingly, then does a comical pose.
Victory screen 2: does a comical dance reminiscent of his Jungle Climber artwork, by alterning between this pose and a second one which is the same but standing on his other leg.
Victory screen 3: says "Get out!" (reference to DK64), shoots a cannonball with his blunderbuss, then does a pose with it.

His losing animation should still show him clapping his hand, but with a facial expression that makes him look very mad and angry.

Looking for feedback, anyway I really can't wait to see a video showcasing a functional K. Rool in Smash! And while I don't care too much for the other two projects compared to K. Rool, there's still something I think could be a good addition to Metal Face's moveset (minor Xenoblade spoiler):
I think it could be cool for him to have a powerful spear somewhere in his moveset, possibly even for his Final Smash. The spear itself would deal massive damage (and obviously couldn't be reflected), and then it would release poison for a certain amount of time if it hits the ground or a wall, damaging nearby enemies in the process.
I like this. Down Special and attacks with crown involved are not possible though. First one would require a fake projectile, but then cannonball would awkwardly disappear when he is hit or interrupted while crown will disappear after Side B until it returns to him or its terminated by the game, so, it wouldn't make sense for it to still have a hitbox. Im fine with other attacks, but i would like to borrow less from other characters.

And i can do that for Metal Face.
Animation5.gif

ROB already summons gyromite thingie, so, it should be possible to add with some changes to that thing's attributes. Im not sure what to do about the posion though. As far as i know, the only way to truly poison someone in Brawl also gives them a flower. Would be pretty funny to see liquid that decomposes organic life cause it to grow on someone's head.
Up Smash - A Death Chomp that works similarly to DK's USmash, but it's much more powerful and more laggy. Basically he extends his jaws wider and wider until the breaking point where he snaps them shut and chomps down onto an opponent. Sends them flying upwards.

Down Smash - His ground pound + shockwaves. Like in DK64, he can ground pound and produce massive shockwaves to hurt nearby enemies. The range can be as great as MegaMan's Side Smash in SSB4.

Forward Smash - Fiery Jet Propulsion. This one is the trickiest for me, as for my own moveset I relegated his Blunderbuss here, however for this moveset, I would use his jet propulsion he can do with his gun and use it as a powerful FSmash. Range isn't as strong as his DSmash but it's not piss poor.

Grabs + Pummels --- (Note, you COULD use his Blunderbuss to suck opponents inside like in DKC2, however his throws would end up being a little boring if all they are is shooting people out)

Grab - Hold opponent like SSB4 Bowser, but immediately, he has a boxing glove on and pummels by punching opponents.

FThrow - His releases the opponent in the air, pulls out the gun immediately and shoots three cannonballs, consecutively, at them (Kill throw). This can be seen in DKC2 where DK is being tortured.

BThrow - He throws them backwards in the air, brings out a remote control and shocks them sending them just a little bit further than the initial throw.

DThrow - He pummels the opponent on the ground and summons a cannonball from the sky, crushing them.

All I got for now.
This is fine to fine too. Forward Smash sounds more like something that should be used for Specials and dash attack. I plan on using Blunderbuss in throws, but not for grabbing opponents. And i think UThrow being kill throw would make more sense here.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I like this. Down Special and attacks with crown involved are not possible though. First one would require a fake projectile, but then cannonball would awkwardly disappear when he is hit or interrupted while crown will disappear after Side B until it returns to him or its terminated by the game, so, it wouldn't make sense for it to still have a hitbox. Im fine with other attacks, but i would like to borrow less from other characters.
Well I forgot about the crown thing, if he already threw it with his side special then he won't be able to use it for other moves. But that's probably because in the moveset I'm envisioning for K. Rool as a Smash fighter he would be unable to move (except maybe doing tilts) until he gets the crown back after initiating the attack, so I might have been fooled by that.

For the borrowing thing, yeah sure he has some move reminiscent of other characters, but I just thought they would be fitting for him and I thought about their similarities with other characters' moves after imagining them in the first place. But if you don't want too many moves that look borrowed then fine.

The down B thing is such a shame though. It's such an iconic move for the character which would be very unique in a Smash environment, but I might understand how it may be impossible to program. I have another suggestion though, I hope it may be possible to implement as it's not projectile based:
K. Rool brandishes a Klaptrap in front of him like a weapon. The Klaptrap bites three times, with the third bite being more powerful. During the duration of the move, part of K. Rool's hurtbox - the front of him - will become invincible, but if that invincible hurtbox is hit then the Klaptrap will disappear in an explosion of teeth - just like how they're defeated for good in DK64 after being turned into mere jaw bones - and the invincibility will end. This would reference K. Rool's affiliation with Klaptraps in this game as he usually has one as a pet, and as I already mentioned a subtle reference to how those Kremlings are defeated in DK64.

My Metal Face suggestion being a possible one is good news too!

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman

I honestly really like the idea for the up throw and forward throw, especially the forward throw as I have never seen anyone use that idea as a move and definitely not as a throw.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well I forgot about the crown thing, if he already threw it with his side special then he won't be able to use it for other moves. But that's probably because in the moveset I'm envisioning for K. Rool as a Smash fighter he would be unable to move (except maybe doing tilts) until he gets the crown back after initiating the attack, so I might have been fooled by that.

For the borrowing thing, yeah sure he has some move reminiscent of other characters, but I just thought they would be fitting for him and I thought about their similarities with other characters' moves after imagining them in the first place. But if you don't want too many moves that look borrowed then fine.

The down B thing is such a shame though. It's such an iconic move for the character which would be very unique in a Smash environment, but I might understand how it may be impossible to program. I have another suggestion though, I hope it may be possible to implement as it's not projectile based:
K. Rool brandishes a Klaptrap in front of him like a weapon. The Klaptrap bites three times, with the third bite being more powerful. During the duration of the move, part of K. Rool's hurtbox - the front of him - will become invincible, but if that invincible hurtbox is hit then the Klaptrap will disappear in an explosion of teeth - just like how they're defeated for good in DK64 after being turned into mere jaw bones - and the invincibility will end. This would reference K. Rool's affiliation with Klaptraps in this game as he usually has one as a pet, and as I already mentioned a subtle reference to how those Kremlings are defeated in DK64.

My Metal Face suggestion being a possible one is good news too!
Klaptrap could work. Model is already in the game. Just needs its textures to be updated and rimlighting so it wouldn't look too bad.
ScreenCapture85.png

Also, i could make Claptrap block projectiles. Toon Link and Link can completly nullify projectiles that hit their shields when they are standing and when they are walking as far as i remember. Hitbox used for it could be moved to one of his bones and then set to activate when Klaptrap is present. At any other time, it would be disabled. It could either work until he disappears or until he is hit.

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Building on the Klaptrap idea, in my moveset I had it where two or three spawn at a time. This could be considered OP but in mine there was a blue and purple Klaptrap. The blue one would just act like a regular Klaptrap while the other jumped and gave greater knockback to whom it collides with.

I never gave it much thought though, so I wouldn't know how it'd work in game.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Building on the Klaptrap idea, in my moveset I had it where two or three spawn at a time. This could be considered OP but in mine there was a blue and purple Klaptrap. The blue one would just act like a regular Klaptrap while the other jumped and gave greater knockback to whom it collides with.

I never gave it much thought though, so I wouldn't know how it'd work in game.
Impossible. Its already impossible (at least for now) to simply port projectiles, but making character spawn something that can act on its own is certainly out of question.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Klaptrap could work. Model is already in the game. Just needs its textures to be updated and rimlighting so it wouldn't look too bad.
View attachment 84332
Also, i could make Claptrap block projectiles. Toon Link and Link can completly nullify projectiles that hit their shields when they are standing and when they are walking as far as i remember. Hitbox used for it could be moved to one of his bones and then set to activate when Klaptrap is present. At any other time, it would be disabled. It could either work until he disappears or until he is hit.
Was that model actually in the game? It looks so bad that I thought you were lying for a second. The one good thing is at least K. Rool's expression makes it look like he is a little kid that just caught a fish :lol:.

So far no one else has sent a moveset, should I mention it in the Rool thread or nah?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Was that model actually in the game? It looks so bad that I thought you were lying for a second. The one good thing is at least K. Rool's expression makes it look like he is a little kid that just caught a fish :lol:.

So far no one else has sent a moveset, should I mention it in the Rool thread or nah?
Its from Jungle Japes stage. Its quality is so low because its from Melee (or even DK64 if they just ported it).

You already mentioned it.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
You're accepted and thats all for beta testers.

I don't think its possible without changing the model too much since our K. Rool also has shorter legs, longer neck and longer fingers and eyes are moved with bones rather than textures like with other characters (not my choice, but its easier for me this way). If it is possible, then im certainly not going to touch it even with something as long as Mechonis' sword (would use something bigger and better known to others, but thats all i could think of). T-posing models is already hard and i had problems with simply rigging K.Rool.
Speaking of beta testers I was accepted correct? I had volunteered for Kraid and K. Rool. And I figured as much on regards to the PAON model. Oh well, hopefully somebody else could do it or I'd probably just have to look into it and take the time to learn how to do it.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Speaking of beta testers I was accepted correct? I had volunteered for Kraid and K. Rool. And I figured as much on regards to the PAON model. Oh well, hopefully somebody else could do it or I'd probably just have to look into it and take the time to learn how to do it.
You were accepted.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering if I was accepted for a tester?

More moveset options...

Neutral A - quick boxing jabs, ends with an uppercut

Forward A - Rifle Smack, like in DKC2 K. Rool smacks you with the butt of his Blunderbuss.

Down A - sort of stretching it here, but maybe his signature hop from DKC1 incorporated here?

Up A - typical anti-aerial like Bowser and DK

Taunts -
1. Play Dead
2. Chanting at the audience (DK64)
3. Evil grin while looking at us, tapping fingers together.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I was wondering if I was accepted for a tester?

More moveset options...

Neutral A - quick boxing jabs, ends with an uppercut

Forward A - Rifle Smack, like in DKC2 K. Rool smacks you with the butt of his Blunderbuss.

Down A - sort of stretching it here, but maybe his signature hop from DKC1 incorporated here?

Up A - typical anti-aerial like Bowser and DK
Yes.

Forward A should better be left as part of Neutral B (i think he used that attack when you got too close to him, so, it would be more fitting like this), Down A sounds more like Down Smash or Down Special. Others are fine and i just noticed that you are the guy who made this (or you have same name..?):

And this Final Smash is actually possible (the only possible problem would be file size because those still are textures)

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I will. This is one of the things that must be done for him.

EDIT: first screenshot:
View attachment 83994
He is too big right now (not sure why, but i can fix it) and has no cape physics, but i started working on him one hour ago.
...god, those feet are painful to keep on the ground...
oh god he has like huge monster claws... that should be fixed first before animation begins

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
they're not long, just a bit big and the detail looks a bit gross like the veins showing. it just needs a bit of retexturing and resizing and it'll be good.
Ah. Then maybe thats true. But i wouldn't call them "huge monster claws" (maybe i just spent too much time with Ridley's model). Not gonna deny that it veins look weird, but im not the one who made the model and can't do all of the retexturing stuff either. Should be easy to fix though.

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Ah. Then maybe thats true. But i wouldn't call them "huge monster claws" (maybe i just spent too much time with Ridley's model). Not gonna deny that it veins look weird, but im not the one who made the model and can't do all of the retexturing stuff either. Should be easy to fix though.
they actually do look like ridley's hands with small edits. getting rid of the veins would be great. they look creepy :(

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
they actually do look like ridley's hands with small edits. getting rid of the veins would be great. they look creepy :(
Nah, that would require more noticable changes. And lets just say that those veins still aren't the scariest thing about the model.

Anyway, changed few things about the model:
00000000-107.png

Now it has that yellow pattern on his cape, his belly looks more like gold than skin and his eyes glow.
EDIT: this is last time you see this pose used for standing animation and i'd better make gold less shiny.

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
I really like how detailed the hands are. While I didn't like Brawls direction with making characters a bit too realistic, but it fits for K. Rool's psychotic and evil character and personality.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I really like how detailed the hands are. While I didn't like Brawls direction with making characters a bit too realistic, but it fits for K. Rool's psychotic and evil character and personality.
you have a point, it looks like his eye isn't the only thing he has strained

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Yes.

Forward A should better be left as part of Neutral B (i think he used that attack when you got too close to him, so, it would be more fitting like this), Down A sounds more like Down Smash or Down Special. Others are fine and i just noticed that you are the guy who made this (or you have same name..?):

And this Final Smash is actually possible (the only possible problem would be file size because those still are textures)
Yes I am haha

Also, I'm sure it's been brought up before, but is there any way to bring those massive shoulders inwards? It just seems a little disproportionate to me when he should be a little more egged shaped. Not sure if those changes could be made.

Last edited:

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Bagan, good job on everything you did so far. I'll happily take this a consolation prize if December doesn't deliver. That model fits with the cast better than I'd thought it would.

Top Bottom