• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Azen is awesome

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Gay gay gaygay GAY GGGGG Gay unit!

Thats my two cents

Eggm

Smash Hero
This thread turned into a disaster wtf. It was suppose to be a good laugh. Nothing more nothing less.

Wight

Smash Apprentice
Honestly what was the point of this thread? was that conversation supposed to be funny? what is it with so many failing threads today? I have yet to stumble upon a single thread worth reading.
please please please [/fail]

Eaode

Smash Champion
Honestly what was the point of this thread? was that conversation supposed to be funny? what is it with so many failing threads today? I have yet to stumble upon a single thread worth reading.
please please please [/fail]
This thread was ****ing funny. That was the point. I could care less about people arguing over political correctness over the internet. But the only entertaining people in here are whiteface, finch, and M2K

Gamer_Matt

Smash Cadet
they call homosexuals gay because there always "happy" to get rammed in the bum...

just my 2 cents..

mood4food77

Smash Hero
ignoring the fact people don't realize that only competitive players use the term "gay" as something that was really dumb or annoying

but that's funny, that's better than falcon's SHOW ME YOUR MOVES after using a knee

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
ignoring the fact people don't realize that only competitive players use the term "gay" as something that was really dumb or annoying

but that's funny, that's better than falcon's SHOW ME YOUR MOVES after using a knee
I think I misunderstood you. Almost everyone I know uses the word gay for something dumb or annoying.

Mew2King, post this in the Melee boards, it's a waste of time to post it here where noone that actually gets it posts.

It's only funny to the people that have a certain knowledge of the melee tournament scene, which is obviously not the case for 90% of the posters here. Which is why I hate the Brawl boards so much, they're like ****ing Nsider.

BentoBox

Smash Master
You don't need any kind of knowledge about the tourney scene to get any of this. Azen taunts, people rofl, what's there to get? You either find it funny or you don't.

I'll add to that that some people force themselves to find it funny just to be in. Yes, lots of d-riding indeed. If anybody else had posted the same thing, featuring totally different people, nobody would even react. Universally funny =/= Inside funny.

That being said, I did chuckle a bit, but groupies are seriously getting on my nerves. And I don't seem to be the only one.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who uses "gay" as a negative term is childish. Come to think of it, the whole conversation seemed childish...
Before homosexuals decided to change the meaning of the word it meant happy. Words over time evolve to mean different things. This word is no different. Stop acting all high and mighty. He in no way meant to offend anybody on this forum. You need to pull that stick out of your anus and relax a little.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
You don't need any kind of knowledge about the tourney scene to get any of this. Azen taunts, people rofl, what's there to get? You either find it funny or you don't.

I'll add to that that some people force themselves to find it funny just to be in. Yes, lots of d-riding indeed. If anybody else had posted the same thing, featuring totally different people, nobody would even react. Universally funny =/= Inside funny.

That being said, I did chuckle a bit, but groupies are seriously getting on my nerves. And I don't seem to be the only one.
Truth. THAT WAS MIRACULOUS is kinda amusing, but get off of the gay discussion and (ironically) off of the c0ck. This *is* why we cannot have nice things.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)

But that's the entire point! It is an insider joke in a way, so if you don't think it's funny, then you might just not get it, and you can't know if it's funny for people that get it.

Obviously no one would care if it featured totally different people because it's part of what gives the story character. Also, you obviously missed the first part of the conversation.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
Lets take the fun out of everything. How can you take a funny thread into a serious debate over a word. Stop trying to stop being 'childish' because the more you argue the more you are. And no, you are not a hero.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Using gay as a negative is offensive.

If i said negatively "your such a ******" that is extremely racist and also stating that black = lame, it works exactly the same with gay.

Oh and convo at the start wasn't even funny either.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b

There seems to be 2 people in life. There are the people who ride *****, and the others who try to act cool by not riding ***** and criticizing people who do.

Well, of course there are the normal people who just read the the thread, maybe laugh, maybe not, and go on their merry way.

I thought it was pretty funny (most I got was a smile though), but it definitely would have been better to be there at the moment or to at least see a vid of it.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Anyone who uses "gay" as a negative term is childish. Come to think of it, the whole conversation seemed childish...
That is taking political correctness to the extreme yo. Heck... I know gay dudes that have used the word "gay" that way. It's one thing to say the word, but what is really important really is what the person means behind it. People are so wrapped up these days with what words we use. The words themselves aren't bad, they are just a pattern of sounds we articulate. We should focus more on the intentions of the person who say the words.

BentoBox

Smash Master
There seems to be 2 people in life. There are the people who ride *****, and the others who try to act cool by not riding ***** and criticizing people who do.

Well, of course there are the normal people who just read the the thread, maybe laugh, maybe not, and go on their merry way.

I thought it was pretty funny (most I got was a smile though), but it definitely would have been better to be there at the moment or to at least see a vid of it.
If there were no people riding *****, what would become of the second type? Exactly. Has nothing to do with being cool. The amount of tools on these boards has sky-rocketed during the past few months.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
That is taking political correctness to the extreme yo. Heck... I know gay dudes that have used the word "gay" that way. It's one thing to say the word, but what is really important really is what the person means behind it. People are so wrapped up these days with what words we use. The words themselves aren't bad, they are just a pattern of sounds we articulate. We should focus more on the intentions of the person who say the words.
I second this, mostly because I'm one of them :3

As you said, is what the person means behind it, not the word itself, people need to pay more attention to the context and how are words used =/

Top Bottom