• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AxisGaming Bay Area CA- $2,000 First Place!

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
glen does a lot for this community..choosing to record matches or not is his choice...and shouldnt be a problem at all..espicially when hes not being paid for it...plus we dont other regions to know how we play ^_+ lol

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Cuz I came across your post today. The reason I replied today. And if would like, I would say the same exact words to your face and then some.

And as for your question, I haven't done much for the community. Just added money to the pot like everyone else. If you consider that "something."
But other than that, that's it. Don't know what point you were trying to make with that question.
respect is dropping.

you aren't being intelligent.

i'm calling "you had a bad day" johns - which are often times legit - but you need to stop posting things like these.

Axis

Smash Apprentice
This will most likely be in Emeryville CA.
(Right on the other side of the Bay Bridge heading into San Francisco)

I'm also thinking well have doubles and maybe some melee action too to make it more of a full-spectrum smash event.

For Singles It will be at least the following:
1st: $1,000 + Swag
2nd: $500 + Swag
3rd: $200 + Swag

I can make this happen, if people are willing to come. I know all the local guys will come, I have no question of that, but will you SoCal guys and people a little further inland head out?
Let me know!
Thanks!

** Also can anyone tell me if I am correct in my information gathering on the evo prize structure this year?

$40 Registration (goes to evo expenses)
$10 Game Entry (goes to pot)

and since Toyota is not sponsoring them this year they are not sweetening the pot this time right? Just 70/20/10 of the $10 per entrant?

Please correct me if this is wrong!

Thanks

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Where else can we find a cocky ******* with no social life whose job is to run around all over SoCal at weekends recording matches at video game events??

LOL Glen. I think you should wake the **** up cuz everyone else has better things to do than to record matches.
Wow! out of all people to say this...way to dig yourself a bigger hole. Respect gone:urg:

mio

Smash Ace
I will be going to this and I'll be bringing at least 3 friends along with me to enter.

The same time as evo.... SICK. I was gonna go for Third Strike but their outright denial of the standard Brawl rule set makes me despise the entire event. Now the East Coast just needs to organize one.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anyone confirmed the same time as EVO though, right? I'm pretty sure that'd be a dumb and offensive move considering there is always a possibility to fix relationships and actually make a legitimate pressence at EVO.

And I'm going to this and hopefully bringing some more people from SoCal.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
I don't think anyone confirmed the same time as EVO though, right? I'm pretty sure that'd be a dumb and offensive move considering there is always a possibility to fix relationships and actually make a legitimate pressence at EVO.

And I'm going to this and hopefully bringing some more people from SoCal.
Well I think the venue is only open the week of EVO, so there's really nothing to be done. If anything this will prove to SRK that they need us for their tournament more than we need them.

aznforce817

Smash Lord
Ok so im planning my trip for this already, and hoping that nothing will get in my way, the only thing im scared of is college might be starting at that time for me..... but if not im bringing my crew and we'd have 2 seats open cuz my crew that lives in my area consists of 3 peeps. Not sure if Mr. X is going but that'd be tight if our whole crew could head up. ill let you guys know if i have room in my car. currently its bout 2 extra seats and a 8 hour drive. woo. Anyone lend me a hand with housing?

Axis

Smash Apprentice
Good news, looks like we may be able to get things going in late august so the dates wont conflict with evo!

lordXblade

Smash Apprentice
I'm just gonna throw this in there. If the tournament was Brawl AND Melee, there is a good chance that you will have 200+ attendees if you offered 1k for both tournaments (at least for both singles tournaments). Combined Melee and Brawl tournaments, in NorCal at least, have been successful, and even ones held at people's houses have drawn around 20-30 people for each game.

My vote goes for both Brawl and Melee.

Axis

Smash Apprentice
****Update June 3rd****

Hey Guys were still looking at which exact date but the event is a definite go!

How would you guys feel about a 2-day labor day weekend event?

Singles on Saturday then doubles and crew battles on Sunday sound good?

Im somewhat torn on a Labor Day event because it's good in a lot of ways and
could be bad in others. The way I figure it, it's great because most people will have
the days off, and its a long weekend so they'd be cool to make the trip out to the event
and get back in time for school/work on Tuesday with no problems whatsoever.
The only downside I see is conflicting plans, but most BBQ's and family affairs will be on Monday, so it shouldn't be a problem right?

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks,
-Travis :: Axis Gaming

sidefx

Smash Champion
ahh cool, i think there was another tournament host looking to host there as well, not sure if he got it or not, but it was for early august.. since its a multimedia oriented college.. im guessing there should be no problem getting tvs =D

Axis

Smash Apprentice
ahh cool, i think there was another tournament host looking to host there as well, not sure if he got it or not, but it was for early august.. since its a multimedia oriented college.. im guessing there should be no problem getting tvs =D
They were talking about teaming up with me, I have ins at the college :laugh:...
and we are most likely going to host one big 2 day event together instead of separate ones,
it should be huge.

Yea and were working on booking their amazing performance hall for the top 12 so we can all chill in a big theater and watch the finals on a huge screen with an amazing sound system!

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Yes, Ex'pression college for digital arts, amazing venue... Ill post pics later!
I was on the freeway near the Ikea and I saw a sign for that college today, and I thought "What kind of idiot college has an apostrophe in their name?" Today.

Axis

Smash Apprentice
I was on the freeway near the Ikea and I saw a sign for that college today, and I thought "What kind of idiot college has an apostrophe in their name?" Today.
I know...the name is terrible

but once you go inside its absolutely amazing

aznforce817

Smash Lord
labor day weekend, might be ok for me... just kinda disappointed that Glenn wont be able to make it to report for GetyourTournament. but if thats the only choice i can try and make it.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
So is this going to happen for sure on labor day weekend? What are the chances and such?

Axis

Smash Apprentice
So is this going to happen for sure on labor day weekend? What are the chances and such?
It's going to happen either on labor day weekend or sometime very close to that, were working on getting dates with the venue and I'm asking here to see what people think about labor day as a time for a big event, I think it will be perfect but i wanna hear from the people...so give me some feedback people!

edit: Just to clarify, If i tell the venue I want labor day tomorrow, I will have it and it will be on, but again i want some feedback before I firm up the date.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
How bad it is to ask other smashers for girl advice.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I thought she said she was busy?

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
It's going to happen either on labor day weekend or sometime very close to that, were working on getting dates with the venue and I'm asking here to see what people think about labor day as a time for a big event, I think it will be perfect but i wanna hear from the people...so give me some feedback people!

edit: Just to clarify, If i tell the venue I want labor day tomorrow, I will have it and it will be on, but again i want some feedback before I firm up the date.
Personally, anytime around there is fine...

When will the official rules, time for singles and doubles will start, entry fee etc. will be, if they haven't already been posted? But more or less do you have an idea when this information will be posted?

Axis

Smash Apprentice
I thought she said she was busy?

She's just saying she is to get out of it...

Also, all of the official rules and things will be posted as they are decided upon and worked out
but as I posted before it will be very much so standard smash, for example you can expect things like this:

-Matches will be 3 stock
-8 min time limit
-2 of 3 Matches for a win
-Double Elimination Brackets
-No items
-No smash balls (its an item, so its off)

Stages:

Neutral:

Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield

Counterpicks:
(TBA)

The one thing I always feel about stages if both players can agree to play on a stage,
that action can override any of the above stage rules. I mean if both players love flatzone,
who am I to stop them from duking it out on the worst stage in the game? :chuckle:

Top Bottom