• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AxisGaming Bay Area CA- $2,000 First Place!

Axis

Smash Apprentice

I. General Info

Hey Guys,

My name is Travis and im the owner of AxisGaming.org, a Nor Cal based gaming organization dedicated toward putting on high end, large scale tournaments on the west coast.

I'm posting here today to let you guys know about our latest event that will be featuring Super Smash Bros Brawl!

This event will be held at the amazing Expression college for Digital Arts on August 30th 2008!

I posted earlier in the discussion thread that I would be able to have a guaranteed $1000 first prize...unfortunately, due to logistical issues we have had to make a few small changes.

We decided to double it.

I hope that wont be a problem...

Where:
Expression College for Digital Arts
6601 Shellmound Street, Emeryville, CA 94608

When: August 30th 2008

Pre-Registration is now open Here: www.AxisGaming.org/register

Pre-registration is available for singles only.

MapQuest Directions Here: DIRECTIONS TO EXPRESSION
---------------------------------------------------------------
Main Event

SSBB: Singles - Starts at 11am Sharp
Prize Structure - Guaranteed Prizes

1st Place: $2,000
2nd Place: $600
3rd Place: $300

Prizes Provided By: Patelco Credit Union

Entry Fee: $20

----------------------------------------------------------------
Side Event:

SSBB: Doubles - Starts when Singles Ends
Prize Structure - Pot Split
1st Place: 70%
2nd Place: 20%
3rd Place:10%

Entry Fee: $10 per Player ($20 Total)
100% of the Entry Goes towards Pot!

----------------------------------------------------------------

***Introducing:EPIC MOMENT PRIZE GIVEAWAY!!!!

Ever do anything in a tournament that you think was so bad *** you should get a prize for it? Well we feel that way too, so we will have people wandering the floor watching for epic kills, spikes, gimps or just plain pro moments. If they feel the moment warrants it, they will be giving out prizes like: Imported Japanese Game Cube Controllers, T-Shirts and other random and badass swag!

So remember even if you're gonna lose make sure you go out in style! :laugh:

Tell us your coming on AiB: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1357
Check Back for more information all this week!

The Game II

Smash Champion
Personally, I would hope that you do not have it in late August, the weekend of the 30th. That's when the Mega Bowl ($10G Madden Tournament) is scheduled to take place on the East Coast. This is just me, personally, because nobody else will care about that tournament. I just want to be around when you have your event so I can report about it for Get Your Tournament.

--GCII

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
Yeah, I agree with Glen because this tournament seems like it will be big and I want the matches to be recorded.

Edit: Ricky has a really good Chun in his hands.
That Super Jump Cancel >> Houyoku-Sen at 3:40 was amazing.

Axis

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't have to be on the 30th, it could be in the middle of august or early September if need be...since it is going to be major I wouldnt even consider doing it unless I had 3 solid months to get things rolling...but its good to know about stuff like that because I would have never known about the madden tourney if you hadn't said something

and yea Ricky and Emphy are both beasts

Axis

Smash Apprentice
This sounds great. Do you have an idea of the ruleset you are going to use?

Yes, it will be very much so what I have come to consider "Standard" practice

Nothing in stone but expect simple things like the following will be in effect:

Double Elimination
NO ITEMS (no, not even smash balls)
3 Stock, 7 min max
2 of 3 games standard, Semi-Finals and up 3 of 5

etc etc

Charoo

Smash Champion
Yes, it will be very much so what I have come to consider "Standard" practice

Nothing in stone but expect simple things like the following will be in effect:

Double Elimination
NO ITEMS (no, not even smash balls)
3 Stock, 7 min max
2 of 3 games standard, Semi-Finals and up 3 of 5

etc etc
sounds good. Stages?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
This does sounds pretty exciting. This might be a good time to go to Norcal for the first time in my life ^_^

The Game II

Smash Champion
It doesn't have to be on the 30th, it could be in the middle of august or early September if need be...since it is going to be major I wouldnt even consider doing it unless I had 3 solid months to get things rolling...but its good to know about stuff like that because I would have never known about the madden tourney if you hadn't said something

and yea Ricky and Emphy are both beasts
Sounds awesome. My best friend lives in SF, so I should have automatic housing, provided that she doesn't have some sort of gathering.

--GCII

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Sounds great, me and a few friends of mine (around 7 people in total) would be sure to come to this. Thanks in advance for holding the event.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
A bay area tournament? I'd be there. I just hope I don't forget by august...

I'd have at least one person coming with me, and up to 5 of us in total. Maybe even more.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I got to start reading a lot closer ...

Yeah, I agree with Glen because this tournament seems like it will be big and I want the matches to be recorded.
Anyone can record matches. I don't have to be at a tournament for it to be recorded. Wake the **** up from your illusion. You just got yourself the quickest way to have your matches NOT recorded at any event.

--GCII

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman

Anyone can record matches. I don't have to be at a tournament for it to be recorded. Wake the **** up from your illusion. You just got yourself the quickest way to have your matches NOT recorded at any event.

--GCII
when glen records matches it has a special aura to it. It's like whenever you see the "The Game II" username at the top right of a youtube video, you can be ensured that it's going to be of highest quality and no less... and though its really hard for some people to find their own matches you put up (dsf), you never let us down.... thats what it takes to record matches.

but one thing.
hey glen are the videos up yet? lol

S2

Smash Lord
Any tournament with a 1000 dollar winning prize and standard rules will be a success. Basically guranteed that where there's money, there will be players competing for it.

Yeah, great idea. Always nice to see hosts having big tournaments.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
This would a be a god-send to all smashers in NorCal. Everyone I've been talking to (and this includes me) has been saying how we haven't had a HUGE smash tourney in a LONG LONG time. Everything huge is in the east coast or like random places in the country.

I'm totally up for it, and I know at least like 10 people that'd go with me.

lordXblade

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised nobody's said to have the tournament on Aug. 8-10.

--GCII
If we can get a lot of sponsorship, i think this would be a good way to show up the EVO staff. We will more than likely get a higher turnout, and after they see this, they'll either realize their mistake (but won't say anything about it) and change the rules next year, or just drop Brawl out of spite.

Either way, I'd rather not antagonize the EVO staff on the off-chance that they do decide to change their rules before Worlds.

madiaz3

Smash Apprentice
im on the east coast but i'd love the idea of you guys running a superior tournament on the evo date

Axis

Smash Apprentice
If we can get a lot of sponsorship, i think this would be a good way to show up the EVO staff. We will more than likely get a higher turnout, and after they see this, they'll either realize their mistake (but won't say anything about it) and change the rules next year, or just drop Brawl out of spite.

Either way, I'd rather not antagonize the EVO staff on the off-chance that they do decide to change their rules before Worlds.

1st: Please Please Please do not take this as a screw evo thing...its not. In fact, I want to make it late August/early September because I will most likely be at evo this year (if I can get the time off I will definately be there for 3's and CvS2) and I in no way want to try and "show up" or compare to evo...there's no reason their cant be more than 1 big gaming event every year!

2nd: I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH---THIS IS NOT AN ANTI EVO THING! THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EVO I simply want to host a big west coast event here for the enjoyment of the game!

3rd: I allready have sponsors, but if anyone has has any sponsors that are interested in the opportunity feel free to contact me at Sponsors@AxisGaming.org

Axis

Smash Apprentice
lol...

It looks like the only dates available at the venue I want are the week of evo...

maybe its a sign

:psycho:

Zoap

Smash Master
Norcal will be forever grateful if you hold a major tourney. I cant believe grateful is spelled that way...

I give this Zoap's Stamp of Approval and as we all know thats all that really matters these days

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
well most smashers aren't going to EVO anyways cuz of the wack rules there, so having this on the week of EVO isn't a bad thing. Looks like Socal's going on a roadtrip?

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace

--GCII
Where else can we find a cocky ******* with no social life whose job is to run around all over SoCal at weekends recording matches at video game events??

LOL Glen. I think you should wake the **** up cuz everyone else has better things to do than to record matches.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Where else can we find a cocky ******* with no social life whose job is to run around all over SoCal at weekends recording matches at video game events??

LOL Glen. I think you should wake the **** up cuz everyone else has better things to do than to record matches.
This is hilarious.

And you've done what for the community? Let us know. We'll be waiting.

Of course, you had your chance to say this directly to me yesterday and didn't.

--GCII

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
This is hilarious.

And you've done what for the community? Let us know. We'll be waiting.

Of course, you had your chance to say this directly to me yesterday and didn't.

--GCII
Cuz I came across your post today. The reason I replied today. And if would like, I would say the same exact words to your face and then some.

And as for your question, I haven't done much for the community. Just added money to the pot like everyone else. If you consider that "something."
But other than that, that's it. Don't know what point you were trying to make with that question.

Top Bottom