• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Discussion

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Cap traveled to an alternate timeline, lived his life, and then came back.
how did he come back tho

if you can't give a reason then it doesn't work

Last edited:

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
They outright state you can't change the past. You even liked my post where I explained this, dude.
Right, as Banner explains: whatever changes you make become your past. So from your point of view as the time traveler, nothing has changed, because it happened in a past that you've already experienced.

For example: Stark's Arc Reactor did shut down in 2012 right after the Battle of New York, causing him to go into cardiac arrest. Eleven years later, Stark and Ant-Man travel back from 2023 to that moment and are the reason it happened. Stark, in let's say the year 2015, would remember that cardiac arrest, but he doesn't know he's eventually going to fulfill it happening.

Talking about time travel is whack. If we assume Banner's explanation is right, then there's no way Infinity War and Endgame could still happen if Thanos died in 2014. If the Ancient One is right, then Old Cap shouldn't have been able to appear in the original timeline (I think?). If they're both right, things get even more bizarre.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Forget all the time travel inconsitencies, my problem is that if Fortnite exists in the MCU, then that means Epic Games thought it would be funny to add a Thanos mode to their game, right after he killed billions of innocent humans. Messed up

D

Deleted member

Right, as Banner explains: whatever changes you make become your past. So from your point of view as the time traveler, nothing has changed, because it happened in a past that you've already experienced.

For example: Stark's Arc Reactor did shut down in 2012 right after the Battle of New York, causing him to go into cardiac arrest. Eleven years later, Stark and Ant-Man travel back from 2023 to that moment and are the reason it happened. Stark, in let's say the year 2015, would remember that cardiac arrest, but he doesn't know he's eventually going to fulfill it happening.

Talking about time travel is whack. If we assume Banner's explanation is right, then there's no way Infinity War and Endgame could still happen if Thanos died in 2014. If the Ancient One is right, then Old Cap shouldn't have been able to appear in the original timeline (I think?). If they're both right, things get even more bizarre.
That's literally not what happens and Banner never says any of that. The theory being used is of alternate realities. It's not that they're travelling back in time, it's that you're entering a new reality that's further back in the timeline.
You can't change the past because you're not going to the past. It's not a stable timeloop like Kingdom Hearts. Our Tony Stark never had a cardiac arrest in 2012 after the Battle of New York and our Captain America never fought a runaway Loki.

But anyways, it doesn't matter because one of the Russo brothers literally stated everything I've been saying
https://reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/bj0it4/joe_russos_qa_about_the_plot_of_avengers_endgame/
Q: Did Captain America's action at the end affect the timeline? Does that mean there was a time where two CA existed in a same universe?

A: To me, CA's action in the end wasn't the fact he wanted to change anything, it's more like me has made a choice. He chose to go back to past and lived with the one he loved for the rest of his life. The time travel in this movie created an alternate reality. He lived a completely different life in that world. We don't know how exactly his life turned out, but I'd like to believe he still helped many others when they were needed in that world. Yes, there were two CA in that reality, it's just like what Hulk said, what happened in the past has already happened. If you go back to past, you simply created a new reality. The characters in this movie created new timeline when they went back to the past, but it had no effect to the prime universe. What happened in the past 22 movies was still canon.
EDIT: oh and
He[Captain America] had to make another jump back to the main universe at the end to give the shield to Sam.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
But they don't NEED to break their own rules to make that moment work. As I said, the machine didn't work as it did beforehand for Rule of Drama, the time travel rules are still intact.
Cap traveled to an alternate timeline, lived his life, and then came back. You're basing your whole argument because they broke the machine's rules which has no implications towards the actual time travel rules.
And you're taking a huge leap in logic regarding the actual visual representation of how the machine works by applying Rule of Drama while ignoring the actual onscreen evidence to the contrary in order to believe that a comic book movie about time travel didn't bend the rules to accommodate a major character having an unrealistic happy ending.

I like you and I like your other opinions on this movie but we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. I didn't even want to argue it; as I've said multiple times, I'm totally 100% fine with them breaking the rules for that moment because it was wonderful and it doesn't have any lasting effects on the current timeline as it'll be represented in future movies. But they definitely, totally, absolutely, 200% broke their established rules to give Cap a great sendoff. And that is fine.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
[
That's literally not what happens and Banner never says any of that. The theory being used is of alternate realities. It's not that they're travelling back in time, it's that you're entering a new reality that's further back in the timeline.
You can't change the past because you're not going to the past. It's not a stable timeloop like Kingdom Hearts. Our Tony Stark never had a cardiac arrest in 2012 after the Battle of New York and our Captain America never fought a runaway Loki.

But anyways, it doesn't matter because one of the Russo brothers literally stated everything I've been saying
https://reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/bj0it4/joe_russos_qa_about_the_plot_of_avengers_endgame/

EDIT: oh and
Well alrighty then, glad they cleared it up.

Though I'm pretty sure Banner did say something like whatever you change becomes your past, right around when Rhodey suggests they kill baby Thanos. Maybe I'm misremembering, or maybe Banner was just wrong. I need to watch it again,

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

[

Well alrighty then, glad they cleared it up.

Though I'm pretty sure Banner did say something like whatever you change becomes your past, right around when Rhodey suggests they kill baby Thanos. Maybe I'm misremembering, or maybe Banner was just wrong. I need to watch it again,
No, he says "that past becomes your future"
Here's a better explanation for the whole thing

D

Deleted member

I'm not all too invested in this Time Travel explanation and argument I think how they did it makes sense and others don't.

But what I'm really interested in is what will be the future of the MCU after Endgame? We won't be seeing Steve, Natasha, Tony, (Probably) Bruce, Clint and the only OG Avenger that could appear once in awhile is Thor as he's apart of the GotG.

Without the original Avengers who will be the main players going forward and Thanos is dead so who will be the next big bad?

I'm guessing the new Avengers will look something like this: Spider-Man, Ant-Man, The Wasp and Scarlett Witch.

Doctor Stange and Black Panther will also be considered Avengers but they'll be preoccupied with their own adventures and stories.

I'm also guessing that the Fantastic Four, X-Men and Deadpool will be introduced or rebooted into the MCU so maybe Doctor Doom will be our new big bad.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
I'm not all too invested in this Time Travel explanation and argument I think how they did it makes sense and others don't.

But what I'm really interested in is what will be the future of the MCU after Endgame? We won't be seeing Steve, Natasha, Tony, (Probably) Bruce, Clint and the only OG Avenger that could appear once in awhile is Thor as he's apart of the GotG.

Without the original Avengers who will be the main players going forward and Thanos is dead so who will be the next big bad?

I'm guessing the new Avengers will look something like this: Spider-Man, Ant-Man, The Wasp and Scarlett Witch.

Doctor Stange and Black Panther will also be considered Avengers but they'll be preoccupied with their own adventures and stories.

I'm also guessing that the Fantastic Four, X-Men and Deadpool will be introduced or rebooted into the MCU so maybe Doctor Doom will be our new big bad.
These are pretty much my thoughts on exactly this:
A LOT of things are just going through my mind with everything that happened in Endgame, along with what’s to come when Phase 4 starts. All I’ve been doing this morning after seeing the movie last night was just theory crafting and such, and I wanna share some of that:

With everything that’s happened in Endgame, what is the current Avengers team, now that we have Tony and Nat dead, Cap and Barton retired, Thor with the Guardians, and Banner injured?

I’ve thought up who is likely the core team, and some (kinda shoddy) explanations as to why some aren’t included in the roster (I’m calling them the New Avengers):
  • Captain America (Sam Wilson)
  • Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)
  • Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
  • War Machine (James Rhodes)
  • Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
  • Wasp (Hope Van Dyne)
  • Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)
  • Vision (He’s going to return, we’re getting the WandaVision show on Disney+)
Now for who’s missing and why (but still considered Avengers):
  • Black Panther (He still needs to kind of settle into being King, along with dealing with how the outside world knows of Wakanda’s existence)
  • Doctor Strange (He and Wong need to protect the Sanctum and Time Stone as usual, and now have Mordo to worry about)
  • Spider-Man (Still needs to worry about school, and probably has PTSD similar to Tony in IM3, especially with him dying right in front of him)
  • Valkyrie (Now in charge of New Asgard with Thor gone)
Banner, Hank, Janet, Fury, and Hill will probably be the New Avengers’ “guys in chairs” as Ned Leeds would put it. Pepper is debatable, but she’ll probably be grouped with them because of how she has to run a company and take care of Morgan (unless she trusts Happy enough to do it on his own).

Thoughts?
Pepper probably isn’t gonna show up, though, since Gwyneth Paltrow is done with the MCU afaik.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
we argue about how MCU time travel works while we sit here and not realize that time machines are a thing in the MCU now

imagine all the plots using time machines

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If it isn't, it'll be the second time that storyline has failed.
And we don’t need a 2nd fail
7 pages. No time to read every comment. I just gotta say, I was really annoyed by that "girl power" thing that happened with Captain Marvel taking the gauntlet. If these ladies were really so useful, shouldn't they have been knee deep in the fight? Besides, in what world would a war like that allow a big group of people to just stand around posing and declaring their loyalty to one another? If it was that easy to take a breather then why was Thanos even a threat, ya know? If the guys did the same thing I'd be just as annoyed, but those poor souls were fighting for their lives while these uber-powered women stood around. SMH [end rant]

The rest of the movie was fine with me though. Lots of mid battle antics as always. They one just triggered me a little.
You hate fanservice don’t ya?
These characters take breathers during the fights all the time. How about when Star Lord met past Gamora? Or when Tony hugged Peter? Or that shot in Avengers 1 after they blow up the leviathan, where they all stand in a circle posing dramatically while the Chitauri do nothing? These are comic book movies, things like this happen.

My only gripe with that scene was that they implied Captain Marvel even needed help crossing the battlefield. She should've been like "Okay that's nice of you but watch this" and plowed through Thanos's army all by herself.
Captain Marvel shouldn’t be that op...we wouldn’t have the other heroes able to get their own fight shot

As for the breathers...let’s not talk about anything Spider-Man/Iron Man related until Tom Holland learns not to act well during emotional scenes...I want to live a long life
Fantastic Four would be the easiest of the Marvel properties to introduce. Surprisingly, none of the Marvel movies up to this point has nailed that "fun for the whole family" thing; they've all been somewhat adult geared. I could see them wanting to take advantage of such a recognizable license and reboot it as something to fill out Marvel's movie portfolio.

Fun, goofy scifi family adventure with plenty of comedy and wholesome family drama, preferably with the FF already established rather than another origin movie. Nobody needs the FF's origins again. Just have Sue and Reed married with children already.
Deadpool would be the easiest simply cause he can just bull**** an excuse with no problems and most would accept it. Fantastic Four and X-Men would all have to do seem complex **** to get in the safe zone
Forget all the time travel inconsitencies, my problem is that if Fortnite exists in the MCU, then that means Epic Games thought it would be funny to add a Thanos mode to their game, right after he killed billions of innocent humans. Messed up
Oh My ****ing :ultpalutena:

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'm quite confused by the Russos saying they're not sure whether or not Carol would be able to survive a snap. I mean, is the sort of resistance different than the normal one? Because she can take Thanos easily but Hulk couldn't and he could survive the snap. Or does the power from the Infinity Stones simply ignores her own Space Stone-fueled powers? I'd guess that's why they're not sure...
As for the breathers...let’s not talk about anything Spider-Man/Iron Man related until Tom Holland learns not to act well during emotional scenes...I want to live a long life
Not really Holland's fault when most of the time he's not given the full script.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly, I'm quite confused by the Russos saying they're not sure whether or not Carol would be able to survive a snap. I mean, is the sort of resistance different than the normal one?
Hulk tanked it because gamma radiation.
Thanos tanked it because honestly I have no ****ing clue.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not really Holland's fault when most of the time he's not given the full script.
It is obviously his fault...nobody told him to tear so many hearts and souls apart just because he wanted us to feel sadness

D

Deleted member

It is obviously his fault...nobody told him to tear so many hearts and souls apart just because he wanted us to feel sadness
Oops, misread that as you saying he didn't act well, lol

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Hulk tanked it because gamma radiation.
Thanos tanked it because honestly I have no ****ing clue.
Thanos survived using all six stones at once just cause he's super strong and powerful. Remember, he used the Power Stone without a conduit, and didn't get incinerated by it. Also, in Infinity War, he took quite a pounding during the fight on Titan (missiles, spells, stabbing and slicing, lasers, bombs) and came out with just a scratch on his cheek. Dude is an absolute tank; there's a reason his species are called Titans.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

I'm pretty certain the likes of Captain Marvel, Spider-Man will be a part of the new Avengers team alongside Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Wasp, the Asgardians of the Galaxy, possibly some of Phase 4's new heroes from the Eternals and Shang-Chi as well heroes having their own shows on Disney+ from Scarlett Witch, Winter Soldier etc.

As for the next big bad, I would opt for Kang the Conquerer.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Interesting video discussing a minor change in the final battle and who should be the last carrier of the gauntlet to the van.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Won’t affect Endgame much, but we’re getting a Ghost Rider seriesnon Hulu next year...****ing hype right there

D

Deleted member

Interesting video discussing a minor change in the final battle and who should be the last carrier of the gauntlet to the van.
That's a pretty good video and I gotta agree with it. Tbh, I was quite surprised by how much focus they gave Nebula out of a sudden as she was jus a side antagonist in both GotG movies and one of the least relevant characters in IW, so I think going the extra mile and finally solidfying her character arc to escape from Thanos's abuse by trying to send the Gauntlet back in time would have been a cool moment to end on.

I really like Nebula so I hope GotG3 gives her more focus but that movie is gonna be packed with characters already and now Thor is in it too so we'll see how things go.

EDIT: I dunno why called the video a "movie" lmao

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's a pretty good movie and I gotta agree with it. Tbh, I was quite surprised by how much focus they gave Nebula out of a sudden as she was jus a side antagonist in both GotG movies and one of the least relevant characters in IW, so I think going the extra mile and finally solidfying her character arc to escape from Thanos's abuse by trying to send the Gauntlet back in time would have been a cool moment to end on.

I really like Nebula so I hope GotG3 gives her more focus but that movie is gonna be packed with characters already and now Thor is in it too so we'll see how things go.
I do want to see what happens next with Nebula as she's easily the best character from the Guardians

D

Deleted member

I do want to see what happens next with Nebula as she's easily the best character from the Guardians
Good thing we can agree on that. Tbh, if it wasn't for Carol, I'd say she was my favorite from those that surcived the snap and it's a shame they took so long to give her proper screentime.
All the Guardians are great though

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Good thing we can agree on that. Tbh, if it wasn't for Carol, I'd say she was my favorite from those that surcived the snap and it's a shame they took so long to give her proper screentime.
All the Guardians are great though
Even Kragen (or whatever his name was) is great

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Won’t affect Endgame much, but we’re getting a Ghost Rider seriesnon Hulu next year...****ing hype right there
what

did

did disney+ not cancel it on the spot

what the **** they cancelled DAREDEVIL FOR GODDAMN NOTHING

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So I just wanted to ask this, if you were to cast any characters into the MCU that haven’t been represented in that continuity yet (including characters from non-MCU Marvel films like Fantastic 4, X-Men, etc.) which actors/actresses would you cast?
Speculation on the castings is always something that intrugues me. Anyways, here are some casting choices I would like to see in future MCU movies:

Shang Chi - There were a couple of actors who were either rumoured or had expressed their interest in this character. Ludi Lin (who is well known for portraying Zack in Lionsgate's Power Rangers and Gruff in DCEU's Aquaman) and Mike Moh (briefly portrayed Triton in ABC's Inhumans) both had expressed their interest in the role. Walking Dead's Steve Yeun is one who had been rumoured whilst some fans want Crazy Rich Asian's Henry Golding. If I were to pick one of these, I would opt for Ludi Lin.

Captain Britain - There are several British actors who could fit the role for Captain Britain. Actors from Taron Egerton, Richard Madden, Dan Stevens and Bradley James are ones who I had in mind. There were also some who requested for Henry Cavill for the role.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Speculation on the castings is always something that intrugues me. Anyways, here are some casting choices I would like to see in future MCU movies:

Shang Chi - There were a couple of actors who were either rumoured or had expressed their interest in this character. Ludi Lin (who is well known for portraying Zack in Lionsgate's Power Rangers and Gruff in DCEU's Aquaman) and Mike Moh (briefly portrayed Triton in ABC's Inhumans) both had expressed their interest in the role. Walking Dead's Steve Yeun is one who had been rumoured whilst some fans want Crazy Rich Asian's Henry Golding. If I were to pick one of these, I would opt for Ludi Lin.

Captain Britain - There are several British actors who could fit the role for Captain Britain. Actors from Taron Egerton, Richard Madden, Dan Stevens and Bradley James are ones who I had in mind. There were also some who requested for Henry Cavill for the role.
When you mentioned Taron Egerton, I instead thought of Colin Firth as Cpt. Britain and now I want it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
what

did

did disney+ not cancel it on the spot
what the **** they cancelled DAREDEVIL FOR GODDAMN NOTHING
Daredevil and crew being cancelled were because of Netflix, and fortunately Disney+/ABC/Hulu/Freeform shows can’t be affected as bad as those shows were

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I like you and I like your other opinions on this movie but we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. I didn't even want to argue it; as I've said multiple times, I'm totally 100% fine with them breaking the rules for that moment because it was wonderful and it doesn't have any lasting effects on the current timeline as it'll be represented in future movies. But they definitely, totally, absolutely, 200% broke their established rules to give Cap a great sendoff. And that is fine.
If you guys were debating what happened to Cap after he returning the stones, it's really a mystery at this point... but with many convincing guesses. I'm welcome with any theories on this one.

D

Deleted member

If you guys were debating what happened to Cap after he returning the stones, it's really a mystery at this point... but with many convincing guesses. I'm welcome with any theories on this one.
uh didn't joe russo confirm that cap lived with peggy in an alternate reality before he jumped back to our main timeline to give a new shield (from whatever reality he got that) to sam

idk how he did it without syncing to the machine but it's entirely possible that he just navigated the quantum realm himself

for some reason

rule of drama i guess

D

Deleted member

uh didn't joe russo confirm that cap lived with peggy in an alternate reality before he jumped back to our main timeline to give a new shield (from whatever reality he got that) to sam

idk how he did it without syncing to the machine but it's entirely possible that he just navigated the quantum realm himself

for some reason

rule of drama i guess
Yeah, I linked that Q&A you shared in the PM.

Not that it ever was a hard concept to understand though.

D

Deleted member

Not that it ever was a hard concept to understand though.
tbh the rules are pretty clear

when you go back in time, you're not really going back in time

rather, you're going to an alternate reality that hasn't proceeded as far

so when cap jumped around to drop off all the stones (and mjolnir probably), he just went to all the realities they grabbed the stones from. you can jump to these realities without needing the time machine, as shown when cap and tony jumped to a 1970s reality to steal some pym particles and a space stone

now as to what role the time machine itself plays, it seems essential to time-jump in the first place but not to come back, as shown with cap returning without use of the machine. seems like syncing up to the machine to return to your own reality is just an easier way of doing it rather then navigating the quantum realm yourself using the time gps. cap just never synced up (hence why banner said something about him skipping "past his timestamp") and came back without using the machine

now why he didn't use the machine is up for discussion. maybe he just wanted to make a dramatic entrance or something, or the time gps' syncing thingy broke for some reason

another topic up for debate is when he left

i could see him leaving once 1945 cap unfroze, or maybe he stayed until 1945 peggy died

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Basically, I guess the reason why he didn't arrive on the platform is that he used the 'Time GPS' to go into the future, (similar to how him and Tony used the GPS to travel to the 70s in 2012.) and so he didn't use the return method, for rule of drama.

D

Deleted member

tbh the rules are pretty clear

when you go back in time, you're not really going back in time

rather, you're going to an alternate reality that hasn't proceeded as far

so when cap jumped around to drop off all the stones (and mjolnir probably), he just went to all the realities they grabbed the stones from. you can jump to these realities without needing the time machine, as shown when cap and tony jumped to a 1970s reality to steal some pym particles and a space stone

now as to what role the time machine itself plays, it seems essential to time-jump in the first place but not to come back, as shown with cap returning without use of the machine. seems like syncing up to the machine to return to your own reality is just an easier way of doing it rather then navigating the quantum realm yourself using the time gps. cap just never synced up (hence why banner said something about him skipping "past his timestamp") and came back without using the machine

now why he didn't use the machine is up for discussion. maybe he just wanted to make a dramatic entrance or something, or the time gps' syncing thingy broke for some reason

another topic up for debate is when he left

i could see him leaving once 1945 cap unfroze, or maybe he stayed until 1945 peggy died
I'd say he waited for Peggy to die but the real question is if he took a false identity in that reality or just ran around as Steve until one day they found another Steve encased in ice and then everyone got hella confused.

D

Deleted member

I'd say he waited for Peggy to die but the real question is if he took a false identity in that reality or just ran around as Steve until one day they found another Steve encased in ice and then everyone got hella confused.
i'm torn between the two possibilities

on the one hand, he did just want to retire and live a normal life like tony did

on the other hand, i don't see him sitting around while **** like 9/11 or the battle of new york happens

my headcanon is that he just hung out with peggy while also getting her to warn the government or the avengers about stuff, perhaps even becoming a consultant to 1945!cap about re-entering society and the like

he also got a new shield at some point. i would wager from wakanda because i don't see him stealing it from 1945!cap that's a douchebag thing to do

D

Deleted member

I know Iron Man died and Hulk busted his arm, but couldn't they just snap the stones back into their original timelines? Seems more safe than relying on Captain America to single-handedly navigate through time on years on end. I guess Cap was just looking for an excuse to be with Peggy Hill.

D

Deleted member

If I was Marvel I would try to deal something with Sony:

I (as Marvel Studios) would be able to work on live-action movies for all the Spider-Man characters owned by Sony, in exchange of giving Sony the animation rights of some Marvel properties like the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four or Inhumans.

That way, Marvel Studios would be free of expanding Holland’s version of Spider-Man in the future while Sony works on more Marvel movies related or inspired on the world of ITSV, and maybe expand that universe with more heroes or teams.

D

Deleted member

I know Iron Man died and Hulk busted his arm, but couldn't they just snap the stones back into their original timelines? Seems more safe than relying on Captain America to single-handedly navigate through time on years on end. I guess Cap was just looking for an excuse to be with Peggy Hill.
maybe? i don't think the stones can affect things outside of their own reality, and also i don't think anyone is in the mood to kill themselves to test if they can, especially when cap is ready and willing to head back in time and do it himself

also don't forget; he has mjolnir too now. he's more than capable of doing it on his own, considering he can just return all the other stones before the reality stone + mjolnir

anyways i doubt it took years, it's a pretty simple task

time stone: just give it back to the ancient one
mind stone: drop it off next to a passed-out 2012!cap
space stone: break into the compound and put it back int he vault. sure it's not in a tesseract anymore, but that's not a big deal. probably. maybe. hopefully
power stone: put it back in the orb, toss it into the temple. abscond before quill wakes up
soul: hand it over to schmidt i guess? also punch him in the face because **** that guy
reality: either inject it back into jane or just drop it off with mjolnir. i forgot how integral jane having aether cancer was to the plot of tdw because honestly **** that movie

D

Deleted member

maybe? i don't think the stones can affect things outside of their own reality, and also i don't think anyone is in the mood to kill themselves to test if they can, especially when cap is ready and willing to head back in time and do it himself

also don't forget; he has mjolnir too now. he's more than capable of doing it on his own, considering he can just return all the other stones before the reality stone + mjolnir
*Starts reading post*

anyways i doubt it took years, it's a pretty simple task

time stone: just give it back to the ancient one
mind stone: drop it off next to a passed-out 2012!cap
space stone: break into the compound and put it back int he vault. sure it's not in a tesseract anymore, but that's not a big deal. probably. maybe. hopefully
power stone: put it back in the orb, toss it into the temple. abscond before quill wakes up
soul: hand it over to schmidt i guess? also punch him in the face because **** that guy
reality: either inject it back into jane or just drop it off with mjolnir. i forgot how integral jane having aether cancer was to the plot of tdw because honestly **** that movie
*Finishes reading post*

None of that sounds simple at all without distorting reality and creating multiple timelines. **** time travel.

Top Bottom