• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Discussion

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You don’t need to ask when Marvel won’t care for your needs
Exactly, that's why I said I'm temporarily done for MCU movies. But MCU do seems to care on some social aspects lol, like how many western video game companies are doing nowadays, but that's a whole other topic on another thread.

Not sure if I mention this but... I have seen most of MCU movies, but before phase 3 I only watch them on TV. It wasn't until Civil War I start to watch MCU movies in theaters.

And obvious MCU's phase 3 is hands down the best phase in the entire MCU movie line. I will definitely buy all of MCU phase 3 Blue Ray DVDs when they release... except Captain Marvel.

That being said, it seems that MCU hasn't really plan out phase 4, so far we only know Black Widow is going to be the first MCU phase 4 movie if it's not delayed or change of plan, however with Black Widow died in Endgame, her first movie is probably a prequel, but starting phase 4 with a prequel just doesn't feel right in my opinion.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Exactly, that's why I said I'm temporarily done for MCU movies. But MCU do seems to care on some social aspects lol, like how many western video game companies are doing nowadays, but that's a whole other topic on another thread.

Not sure if I mention this but... I have seen most of MCU movies, but before phase 3 I only watch them on TV. It wasn't until Civil War I start to watch MCU movies in theaters.

And obvious MCU's phase 3 is hands down the best phase in the entire MCU movie line. I will definitely buy all of MCU phase 3 Blue Ray DVDs when they release... except Captain Marvel.

That being said, it seems that MCU hasn't really plan out phase 4, so far we only know Black Widow is going to be the first MCU phase 4 movie if it's not delayed or change of plan, however with Black Widow died in Endgame, her first movie is probably a prequel, but starting phase 4 with a prequel just doesn't feel right in my opinion.
They won’t reveal anything else about Phase 4 until after Spider-Man, so we won’t be able to actually judge it yet (and it would’ve started off with FFH, but now that’s closing out Phase 3)

For now, we only know Black Widow, Eternals, and a buncha sequels are set to release from Marvel/Disney movie wise (while Sony will obviously deal with all the Spidey films), while the Hulu/Disney+/ABC/Freeform shows will continue to flourish...rip to the Netflix shows (especially Daredevil)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They won’t reveal anything else about Phase 4 until after Spider-Man, so we won’t be able to actually judge it yet (and it would’ve started off with FFH, but now that’s closing out Phase 3)

For now, we only know Black Widow, Eternals, and a buncha sequels are set to release from Marvel/Disney movie wise (while Sony will obviously deal with all the Spidey films), while the Hulu/Disney+/ABC/Freeform shows will continue to flourish...rip to the Netflix shows (especially Daredevil)
Just give me Kamala and we're good. Preferably done by women as the MCU has shown that most of their big movies are written by men who know **** all about women

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just give me Kamala and we're good. Preferably done by women as the MCU has shown that most of their big movies are written by men who know **** all about women
Oh yeah...she’s also planned to have a movie eventually. Hopefully that’s a Phase 4 movie

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Yo, just curious, who do you guys think is the strongest hero in the MCU? I mean the Russos and Kevin Feige say it's Captain Marvel but they love lying and I enjoy discussing these things.

Personally, it's a toss-up between Captain Marvel and Thor. Captain Marvel may've not flinched when Thanos headbutted her, but he wasn't actively using any stones. Then when he did use the Power Stone, she got blown away. Infinity War Thor, on the other hand, managed to tear through a beam from all six stones and struck Thanos in the chest. However, I didn't see Captain Marvel so I'm not aware of her notable feats there and whether they outweigh Thor's so I'm curious here.

D

Deleted member

Yo, just curious, who do you guys think is the strongest hero in the MCU? I mean the Russos and Kevin Feige say it's Captain Marvel but they love lying and I enjoy discussing these things.

Personally, it's a toss-up between Captain Marvel and Thor. Captain Marvel may've not flinched when Thanos headbutted her, but he wasn't actively using any stones. Then when he did use the Power Stone, she got blown away. Infinity War Thor, on the other hand, managed to tear through a beam from all six stones and struck Thanos in the chest. However, I didn't see Captain Marvel so I'm not aware of her notable feats there and whether they outweigh Thor's so I'm curious here.
Captain Marvel is imbued with the power of an Infinity Stone, so her. Thanos beat Thor up without a scratch back in IW while he had to resort to a surprise attack just to get Carol off of him.
Thor comes second only because of Stormbreaker, otherwise, I'd say it'd be Scarlet Witch purely on destructive power because she's also imbued with the power of an Infinity Stone(with her **** durability, it's more debatable but she did almost singlehandedly defeat Thanos).

Besides them... Dr. Strange most definitely.

jk it's Ego-powered Starlord smh why did they nerf him

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Captain Marvel is definitely the strongest person in the MCU...but Spider-Man is still the best

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Sorry for blowing up everyone's alert boxes :b

Anyway, was a pretty good film. Had plenty of good action scenes, made me well up more than a few times, loads of neat references like the "Hail Hydra" scene, made Thanos properly villainous so seeing him get dusted at the end is even more satisfying; ticks plenty of boxes for me.

Wish they had done more with Captain Marvel, she's one of my favourite characters so to see her show up for only like 15 minutes total was disappointing. But on the other hand, she must be the strongest of all of them so she probably would have made everything too easy. :b Blowing up Thanos' spaceship and being one of few people able to take him on is pretty cool, though.

Also I had heard about the film having a gay character, so for it to turn out to be just some throwaway cameo from one of the directors was pretty poor. Feels like they just did it so they could feel good about themselves, I'd almost have been happier with nothing if that was all they could come up with.

Anyway, now to wait for it to inevitably get memed to death. :b

D

Deleted member

Anyway, now to wait for it to inevitably get memed to death. :b
You're late for that buddy
Also I had heard about the film having a gay character, so for it to turn out to be just some throwaway cameo from one of the directors was pretty poor. Feels like they just did it so they could feel good about themselves, I'd almost have been happier with nothing if that was all they could come up with.
Yeah, the fact it was one of the directors was pretty gross imo. "Patting themselves on the back" is how I'd describe it in PG terms.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Writers for Endgame did originally had plans to introduce Nova, but was eventually scrapped.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05/11/avengers-endgame-writers-nova-idea-for-infinity-war-endgame/

In addition, I found this somewhat interesting although you should take these rumours with a grain of salt:

https://mcuexchange.com/gotg-3-doct...7xS15YlKX_udvTprVhzqIdVZnd_7RSIL_mtH4yMCMY_2I
I wonder if Carol ended up replacing Nova's role, they're relatively similar in terms of abilities and Carol ****ing tackling the battleship seems something the human rocket would do

Also the link won't load for my browser

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I wonder if Carol ended up replacing Nova's role, they're relatively similar in terms of abilities and Carol ****ing tackling the battleship seems something the human rocket would do

Also the link won't load for my browser
In case you cannot access the link for the MCU Exchange article - Apparently a random twitter user under the name "Roger Wardell" accurately predicted several of the scenes within Endgame dating back from last year. In addition, he also shared claims about some of Marvel's upcoming films (potentially for Phase 4):

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3:

"Rocket's creator is the High Evolutionary, Drax is in for a big surprise when he discovers his daughter is alive. Rocket also gets a love interest in the form of Lylla. Nebula and Star Lord will grow into closer friends."

Dr. Strange 2:

"1980's Boogaloo. Tilda Swinton is in talks to return as the Ancient One. Jericho Drumm and Clea will make their MCU debuts, Clea will likely be portrayed by an Asian actress. Most importantly the gloves will be back!"

Thunderbolts:

"Don't worry, Marvel still has big plans for Zemo, Ghost, Justin Hammer, General Ross, and the Abomimation. The Leader is being discussed to return as the main villain of Thunderbolts, which is being planned as a trilogy."

Black Knight:

"The Black Knight has been discussed quite a bit over at Marvel Studios. They see the character as a potential New Avenger and capable of holding his own solo film, and possibly a trilogy."

Power Pack and Ms. Marvel:

"While Fiege has talked about films based on Power Pack and Ms. Marvel, it's also being heavily discussed to have these as multiple season long shows on the Disney service."

Source: https://twitter.com/RogerWardell?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1070465411387404289&ref_url=https://mcuexchange.com/gotg-3-doctor-strange-2-thunderbolts-rumors/

Again, take these as a grain of salt for now.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
In case you cannot access the link for the MCU Exchange article - Apparently a random twitter user under the name "Roger Wardell" accurately predicted several of the scenes within Endgame dating back from last year. In addition, he also shared claims about some of Marvel's upcoming films (potentially for Phase 4):

"Rocket's creator is the High Evolutionary, Drax is in for a big surprise when he discovers his daughter is alive. Rocket also gets a love interest in the form of Lylla. Nebula and Star Lord will grow into closer friends."

Dr. Strange 2:

"1980's Boogaloo. Tilda Swinton is in talks to return as the Ancient One. Jericho Drumm and Clea will make their MCU debuts, Clea will likely be portrayed by an Asian actress. Most importantly the gloves will be back!"

Thunderbolts:

"Don't worry, Marvel still has big plans for Zemo, Ghost, Justin Hammer, General Ross, and the Abomimation. The Leader is being discussed to return as the main villain of Thunderbolts, which is being planned as a trilogy."

Black Knight:

"The Black Knight has been discussed quite a bit over at Marvel Studios. They see the character as a potential New Avenger and capable of holding his own solo film, and possibly a trilogy."

"While Fiege has talked about films based on Power Pack and Ms. Marvel, it's also being heavily discussed to have these as multiple season long shows on the Disney service."

Source: https://twitter.com/RogerWardell?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1070465411387404289&ref_url=https://mcuexchange.com/gotg-3-doctor-strange-2-thunderbolts-rumors/

Oooooh I remember these. I'm fine with the Black Knight, Kamala and Ghost stuff but I don't care about the rest lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Dr. Strange 2:

Thunderbolts:

Black Knight:

I only care for Kamala Khan...I need her in the MCU...also Drax having his child love would be a “big shook” moment

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Finally saw Endgame yesterday, and it was worth the long wait and the 12 year old spoiling Iron Man's death in my Fortnite squad. Favorite scene had to be the final battle where a **** ton of portals opened, and tons of Marvel superheroes joined the fight against Thanos. Second place was Thor and Korg playing Fortnite and dealing with an annoying 12 year old. Fat Thor as a whole was amazing.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Finally saw Endgame yesterday, and it was worth the long wait and the 12 year old spoiling Iron Man's death in my Fortnite squad. Favorite scene had to be the final battle where a **** ton of portals opened, and tons of Marvel superheroes joined the fight against Thanos. Second place was Thor and Korg playing Fortnite and dealing with an annoying 12 year old. Fat Thor as a whole was amazing.
Dude, Noobmaster69 himself spoiled the ending for you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom