• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

D

Deleted member

Don't hate on the BBR. :<

Also, your stage concerns should lie with the URC. They determine what's legal in tournaments.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
You know

I hear BBR has AMAZING mafia games

that alone is my leading reason to want to get in.

sum shallow.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Lucario can tank but it's tricky imo. Lucario is really versatile in doubles so I'd rather have a Lucario as support if I'm playing as Pika.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm sooooooooooooooo reporting you for leaking that useless information.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
After playing the Snake MU more, I can say that it's more or less, no longer a "mental block" MU for me. Now it's just really hard lol.

I've played around with some cool stuff in the MU, it's pretty fun figuring out some creative steps in fighting him.

SH fair oos is our best option to try to punish snake ftilt on block, he can spotdodge, but you can usually hit him with nair or dair afterwards, and now he can't just whomp you freely with spaced ftilts without having to worry about punishes from our lol grab range and slower oos options.

Rarely go for jab mixups in this MU, at least at lower percents. If the full jab pops them up, that's all that matters, then you can start hammering with your landing traps.

The more you can figure out how to abuse him harder in the air, the better. It's really important to get those landing trap tricksies down, uair is a really good at provoking a response.

Also, this sounds really papery/theorycraft, but it also really helps to know how to DI out of snake's nair, like a loooooooooot. It changes snake from having a punishment for you trying to AD out of something and taking 25%, to getting maybe 10-15% and hitting him with dair/nair, which usually reverses the status quo on him. If you can do this, you can pretty much tell snake that he can't mess around with you in the air, with the exception of bair/uair.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I was confused about you having trouble with Snake.

Then remembered I was on the Lucario boards, not the Dedede boards.

And was like oh right.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Has anyone perfected the D3 infinite on Snake yet?
Depends, if it's the one that involves a buffered pivot regrab, narp (waaaaaaaaay too hard).

If it's the one involving Doc King's theory, it's dubious esp. with the fact that there's no footage of it being implemented, no tutorial/in-depth video on it, it's basically been one wifi DDD's word on it lol.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I'll challenge Tech_Chase to master the first one lol.

The second one sounds as dubious as when I was first trying to get Air Walk noticed. Maybe its another cursed tech...

Anyone have any idea what Doc King is talking about?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just a classic case of a reviewer not knowing what he's talking about. Even worse since he's a PAID "professional" reviewer. The fact he is wrong about the controls and still refuses to change his score when corrected, especially when the controls were cited as being a major problem, just amazes me. It's okay, if he wants to destroy his own credibility, then that's his choice.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0. Best part is when he shrugs.

This is why you should read the instruction manual.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm sure it does, if you perceive the game as inconsistent in responding to your controls, it could prevent you from being efficient and hitting your opponent's correctly (like that one stalfo knight where he blocks a couple of regions but exposes one part for you to hit him).

Browny

Smash Hater
Even worse since he's a PAID "professional" reviewer.
Oh the sad irony here, where many big internet game review websites have been bought out by the publishers to give great reviews to their game and therefore the competition gets weak reviews.

Its generally easy to tell, if a website is loaded with advertisements by publishers (such as the full screen pop-out ads that you have to click 'continue to gamespot.com' in small text, to close it), consider thier reviews equally loaded with bias.

:phone:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's a slew of games I've been getting into/reactivating in actually (including but not limited to LoL, BF3, SC2 again, Melee, etc.), I still do Brawl, but my tournament attendance has sorta dropped (many from our region has as a whole). This game is really fun to play on occasion, but I get burned out really quickly trying to get up in placement and being more consistent lol.

On the plus side, Oregon Melee has been experiencing a sort of revival, which imo I'm partially responsible for.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
There just aren't enough new ideas to separate Skyward Sword from its predecessors, and the few additions come with mixed results. Even with many bright spots, Skyward Sword still feels like a nostalgic retread. Those yearning for something new will be disappointed, but anyone thirsty for another exciting adventure will find plenty to enjoy here.
MW3 is the same thing as most modern shooters; it receives a 9 and is cited as being innovative. lolwut?

Browny

Smash Hater
Refer to my post above.

There is no legitimacy left in popular video game review websites, when it comes to publishers throwing their monetary weight around.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Refer to my post above.

There is no legitimacy left in popular video game review websites, when it comes to publishers throwing their monetary weight around.
This, the only reviews that matter are amateur ones.

Though I've legitimately though about doing some freelance game reviewing for newspapers, bring some legitimacy to it.

Top Bottom