• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL]AUSOM 4 Ever

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Did the venue fee for non-ASL members ever get lowered? It's still read as $10 in the main text.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Are you GOING!? I hear nothing from you.

In other news, I think I'm gonna go donate plasma tomorrow so that I don't feel as strapped for cash this weekend.
No im not, too busy these days.
Hope it goes well though i think the only pcola player going is benaji

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Georgia is probably re-confirmed for this so we'll be here in style. Also, thanks for the offer Billy but we're going to stay at Raf's parent's house since it's closer to the venue by a good 30 mins or so.

2 more days people... hype!

benaji261!

Smash Ace
k I took leave so I should be headin that way around 4am and hopefully get there around when the venue opens. It's about a 4 hour 2 min drive, I believe. Unless someone can pick me up on the way, I'm trekking it with my ol' Buick Le Sabre.

If I don't get much at all out of going to this tournament, I'm most likely never driving this far for a tourney ever again. lol no point in using money to lose more money.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Benaji, would you prefer to come up Friday night? You can crash here.

Also, the Auburn TOs talked and would rather keep the venue fee at $10. ASL is pretty costly to run as it is, so lowering the venue fee would lose us more money overall.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Benaji, would you prefer to come up Friday night? You can crash here.

Also, the Auburn TOs talked and would rather keep the venue fee at $10. ASL is pretty costly to run as it is, so lowering the venue fee would lose us more money overall.

That'd be awesome, man! Where do you live?

:phone:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
John lives in Auburn...Is it 723 Harvard Dr.?
Something like that. Anyway call or text him. His number is in the OP.

Stressing about travel is an easy way to burnout on the fun of tournaments. I always try to drive up the night before and stay with someone local. Then you even get a chance to practice the night before.

Also I'm gonna go ahead and tell everyone who's driving from Alabama to drive safely, because there will be Auburn football traffic. Luckily the game is at 6:00 PM so it shouldn't be anything terrible at the times we'll be on the road

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
I will pick you up, Player-1, if you need to be. Just let me know tonight or tomorrow morning through aml. I will not be on SmashBoards tonight, but possibly Facebook. We'll be leaving around 6 or so, you'll have maybe an hour and thirty minutes to get ready, but I am going to tell aml when we leave that way. You guys have plenty of time to get ready though.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah okay, from what I've been told dynos car will probably be fixed in time so I probably won't need a ride with you

:phone:

benaji261!

Smash Ace
So I had fun mostly, but didn't get much out of it aside from doing great with Rag. Sorry I dragged you down buddy. Just couldn't keep up with the competition. haha I couldn't even get out of reg brawl singles pools. Shows how well I did tonight...lol I'm thinking about picking up Melee because it was fun doing the pools, even though I got whupped by 3 people haha. Made me wanna play it more.

Shoutouts:
Cam - Thanks a lot for housing me and my friends for the night. It was greatly appreciated. Good tourney and hope you do well in the future ones and hope we play again sometime.

Senliten - Took a while to see where you were bro. Good games for the time being and glad I got to play you with your pro Ike. :D

Rag - As stated above, I'm glad we teamed. Had good fun man. If you wanna team again sometime and we practice, that'd be tight, but if not that's cool. I'm still scrubbing it up Ike style.

Peru - Fun games and awesome Wario/Snake, especially Wario. I know you said you hadn't played in forever, but kee at it and I'm sure you're gonna be a Wario I wouldn't enjoy playing again. D: haha jk

Jmix - Awesome Mario. Wish we played more so I could work on that frigging match-up. I got owned plumber style. lol

M3T - Great G&W still like last time and GGs in pools.

Brian - Dude you got a good Zelda, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. All it takes is practice. Heck I've been at it for a long freaking time and still ain't that good. Just keep playing and you'll get better in no time. Nice playing you and your friend in teams expecially.

Zane - Glad I met you. Seemed like you and my bud Jake were striking up quite the conversation a lot during the whole thing. haha

elev8 - Ice Clilmbers...I just gotta work on not getting grabbed. \_(O__o)_/ Easier said than done for sure... lol

Ryker - Good job with the hosting and such. Sucks we didn't get to play or anything.

Higgens

Smash Cadet
So I pretty much got stomped at everything, but I've never had that much fun being beat lol. For sure gonna be practicing like crazy. Next tourney I'm getting past the first round. It's been decided.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
wheres the results thread

look at my avatar.

now suck my **** because its awesome as ****

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Here are the results:
http://alabamasmashleague.com/AUSOM 4-ever results.html

I'll let Brannon create an actual results thread when he gets back. I'll also update the bios and upload the pool images later. In the meantime, I have homework.
Man there's no way I should have placed above Ryker in melee. He double 4 stocked me first round of winner's lol. Guess that's how brackets go sometimessssss

*Cam*

Smash Lord
You guys probably would have tied, but Cheap was allowed to take Ben's place in the bracket, which screwed up the seeding. Cheap was knocked into losers bracket after facing Ragnarok round 1, and then he took out Ryker.

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
You guys probably would have tied, but Cheap was allowed to take Ben's place in the bracket, which screwed up the seeding. Cheap was knocked into losers bracket after facing Ragnarok round 1, and then he took out Ryker.
Oh yeah I was wondering what the difference was when I looked at the bracket and at the results. Didn't realize cheap was in the bracket. Either way I just thought it was interesting :D

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i lost to AML 1-2 not 0-2
idk if that makes a difference but i noticed that in the brackets.

god job to everyone that won more than one match = not me

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
i lost to AML 1-2 not 0-2
idk if that makes a difference but i noticed that in the brackets.

god job to everyone that won more than one match = not me
Yeah we had a hard fought set. In the future you should consider banning brinstar against me/GnW :p I know rainbow cruise can be a threat, but I always go to brinstar when people don't ban it...although they do 90% of the time :(

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah i forgot about brinstar and g@w combo.
theres actualy so many level id like to ban against g@w lol. whatever though. i honestly felt like i could have placed well in this tournament if i had to fight anyone besides a g@w main first round because that is the ONE and ONLY MU i wasnt ready for but thats just how **** goes i guess and no johns so i can get better.
nah dude you had me though, im trash right now at that MU. ill be better next month though.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's free. I can live. God knows Cheap doesn't get to play enough as it is.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
god ive been placing so bad lately i need to end this NOW and become a top player.

edit/ just went through AL tournament history pages and brackets. i never make it past first round winners. why am i PR'd?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
in bracket, i played peach, wairo, olimar, and snake.

pools: wario, peach, falco (if that matters)

Please fix. i did not go solo wario

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I play sheik in melee Cam.
I'll work on a results thread now, but no promises it'll be done 'til later tonight
sorry for the delay

Top Bottom