• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL]AUSOM 4 Ever

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Pools are dependent on players & TVs available.

The ideal situation is pools of 5 or 6 so if 40-45 people enter brawl there should be 8-9 pools.
But for that we have to a make sure we have 8-9 available setups.

And that might seed 24 or 32 person bracket depending on available time & TVs

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
I'll be bringing

Wii + Brawl
Cube + Melee
N64 + Smash 64. Also ****craft 64. I'm still looking for Puzzle League.

I'll bring a TV if there's room in the carpool.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
We have a car of five people and we will fit as many TVs and Wiis/Cubes, as we can make fit into the trunk.

Also, we're looking for housing for five for Friday night.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Just want to give you guys a heads-up. Here's how food at AUSOM is going to work.

If you are a full ASL member (you paid $25), then you get 2 slices of pizza and 1 canned drink.

In order to expedite the pizza line, we will give each member 3 tickets when they check in at the beginning of the tournament, 1 blue and 2 red. When you go through the pizza line, hand the person running it your red ticket(s). 1 red ticket = 1 slice of pizza. You have 2 red tickets, so you get 2 free slices of pizza. This is to ensure that people don't get more than their fair share. When you go to get a canned drink, use the blue ticket to get your 1 free drink.

Simple enough, right? This is so we don't have to go through the list and check everyone's names while they wait for pizza.

If you want more pizza after the 2 free slices or if you aren't an ASL member, it is $1 a slice. Canned drinks are 75 cents.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
I have a copy of Melee and Brawl, so I can bring both. I do not have a Gamecube though. I figured it would be alright if I just brought the Wii and used that for Melee also. Unless you guys only want Gamecube's to play Melee.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Just a heads up guys, I rented the venue out until 11:00 pm (eastern time). The people renting out the venue to me told me I have to clean (sweep and mop) and have everything out by 11:00. To make sure we make this time, we need to have everything out by 10:00, so the sweeping and mopping can commence. In the interest of finishing the tournament on time, we will hold off on the side games/events until brawl is over (with pools going on, we will need as many brawl/melee set ups as possible).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Until Brawl is over is a death sentence for any side event. Tbh, TVs will be occupied as soon as the players left in bracket dwindle to the point where they are no longer needed. What is the problem with occupying them for a side event as opposed to friendlies?

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Side events are OK, they help some people re-focus when they're exhausted from too much smash

Just don't waist a setup when we NEED them.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
So do we have confirmed housing somewhere for Friday and Saturday night and if not can someone please house us for this?

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
So do we have confirmed housing somewhere for Friday and Saturday night and if not can someone please house us for this?
Billy can probably house you guys. I'm pretty sure Ryker's car is staying with Cam & I.

someone should team with me for melee, but i only accept super legit melee players to team with my amazing luigi.
That's IF we have melee doubles. I don't think There has been melee doubles in Alabama since 2010, also the melee players considered offering to team with lower level players to even the playing field.

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Yeah I'm all for melee doubles and singles...and would not be if I had to pay for it :p

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Just a heads up guys, I rented the venue out until 11:00 pm (eastern time). The people renting out the venue to me told me I have to clean (sweep and mop) and have everything out by 11:00. To make sure we make this time, we need to have everything out by 10:00, so the sweeping and mopping can commence. In the interest of finishing the tournament on time, we will hold off on the side games/events until brawl is over (with pools going on, we will need as many brawl/melee set ups as possible).
Until Brawl is over is a death sentence for any side event. Tbh, TVs will be occupied as soon as the players left in bracket dwindle to the point where they are no longer needed. What is the problem with occupying them for a side event as opposed to friendlies?
Meeting adjourned.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I have an apartment now, so I can house you guys. Also, no more tile floor :D

We should def have a puzzle league set up

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
I just remembered that my Television will not fit without the two back seats let down so I cannot bring a television because I am bringing two other players from Georgia, but I can still bring my Wii and with Brawl and Melee. We have more Televisions than Wii's so I do not see a problem as of right now. Sorry about this.

Player-1

Smash Legend
JTM, do you still have room in your car? Apparently Dyno's (the car most of GA was coming with) might not be able to make it due to some car troubles, but we might have another ride, but in case both of them fail would you have room in your car for me? You'd be picking me up from the same place as aml?! if you can.

Top Bottom