• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL] Above the Influence - Projected pot bonus of $250+!... - March 9th, 2013 - Huntsville, AL

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
As a reminder, the housing is just dorm rooms provided by UAH. The rooms are empty, so you'll need to bring your own bedding if you want to be comfortable. We may have some provided, but bring your own stuff if you can.

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
I think I chose an option for housing when I pre-reg'd for this. I just want to say that I probably won't need it anymore. Prooooobably.

Also, I can bring my capture card set up for P:M if you guys still need more of those. However, as for how replays will be handled, could I get some info on that?

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Replays for Brawl or PM? They will be handled differently.

Brawl: We will use our patented replay system. We use a stagebuilder hack that we have on roughly 15 Alabama Smash League SD cards and force replay save all the Brawl bracket matches at the tournament. We use a simple computer program to keep track of who played at what setup and at what time so we can identify the replays later (which also explains the reason I asked for specific tags in the pre-registration). After the tournament, I'll disseminate the replay files via dropbox to a group of GA/AL uploaders who will then spend the next week uploading videos to our YouTube page. Clear as mud?

PM: Frankly, we have less control over this if people record to their own computers. ASL owns two capture cards, one of which we will use to livestream PM and Brawl brackets, the other of which we will put on a PM setup, so we can personally guarantee two Project M setups will be recorded and uploaded to our YouTube page. If other people bring their capture cards, we will do our best to facilitate those captures/uploads too, but to a certain degree we can't control when other people upload from their own computers.

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Ah, I see. Well for P:M, I don't know if I'd personally have the time to sort through all the replays and edit/select them. Unless someone else is willing to do that, perhaps it best for me not to bring the capture card. Unless someone else with more time than me is willing to edit the replays on their computer.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I mean, we might be able to set up someone else's computer with your capture card. I'd definitely label your capture card though so you don't lose it.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I can bring my TV (which has output) and a capture card that I have. I'm just a little wary since my computer isn't something I want to leave unattended.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Just for the records, I will also be playing Project M at this. When I pre-registered, I did not put that down.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Depending on how long the main tournaments go on, we may very well have time for double-elimination Doubles. That's why having set-ups will be imperative to our success.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I will be selling my copy of melee for 5$ if anyone wants it. Hell, it might go up to 10$ if someones bids for it.

:pow:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Oh by the way, I have room in my truck for two people. I can pick up in BHam if you guys are going to be there as I pass through.

Who wanted a ride from the bus station? I'll be passing through around 9:30ish.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
So, How many people you have now that are going reflex?
Because i now have a good chance of coming if it isn't too late.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
50 people confirmed. Looks like 45 for Brawl and 25 for Project M. That said, I imagine there will be locals who didn't pre-register, too.

Majora88

Smash Rookie
Who is coming Friday night that needs campus housing? I forgot to ask what nights in the pre-registration form.
Hopefully this isn't too late, but Hashtag and I are driving up to this and need campus housing. We'll be up in Huntsville in about 5 hours. Where exactly are we going or who do we need to talk to to get a room? Both of us are pre-registered btw.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Hopefully this isn't too late, but Hashtag and I are driving up to this and need campus housing. We'll be up in Huntsville in about 5 hours. Where exactly are we going or who do we need to talk to to get a room? Both of us are pre-registered btw.
Check the PM I sent you.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Im going now, preregistering......
EDIT:Reflex, put me in for brawl and P:M, and ill bring an SD card containing P:M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom