• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL] Above the Influence - Projected pot bonus of $250+!... - March 9th, 2013 - Huntsville, AL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

Smash Master
But seriously. I need to get tickets soon so I need to know if I have transportation to/from the tournament

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Slam jan and george you're all going right? I know I am.

We're all in b'ham. There are plenty of cars going through b'ham and at least one or two from b'ham. You should be able to get a ride if you ask in the Alabama thread.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If you can fly into Huntsville, wouldn't it make more sense to get housing in Huntsville and a ride to Birmingham afterward? I'm not sure I understand your plan.

Oracle

Smash Master
What you just listed will be the plan if I end up flying in. I'm not sure which way I'm flying yet though, which is the problem.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have decided that it would be in my best interest to not attend this tournament. There are like 2 other tournaments happening on this date that will be hurting its attendance and more importantly my pool of competition, and I can't justify this trip and the multiple days of travel it would require now. On top of that, one of those 2 tournaments has stolen my travel buddy (:() so it'd be even less enjoyable for traveling. I don't think this will change but if it does I'll post here and let you guys know.

Sorry to anyone that was excited to meet or play me. I've been traveling almost non-stop since early October, and I really just want to be home for a good while until EVO/Gen3. I'm sure I'll eventually show up to one of these if they continue to happen, just not this one. I hope this tournament is a success, and good luck to the ASL in all of their endeavors.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I have decided that it would be in my best interest to not attend this tournament. There are like 2 other tournaments happening on this date that will be hurting its attendance and more importantly my pool of competition, and I can't justify this trip and the multiple days of travel it would require now. On top of that, one of those 2 tournaments has stolen my travel buddy (:() so it'd be even less enjoyable for traveling. I don't think this will change but if it does I'll post here and let you guys know.

Sorry to anyone that was excited to meet or play me. I've been traveling almost non-stop since early October, and I really just want to be home for a good while until EVO/Gen3. I'm sure I'll eventually show up to one of these if they continue to happen, just not this one. I hope this tournament is a success, and good luck to the ASL in all of their endeavors.
Sad to see, but, you gotta do what you gotta do.

What you just listed will be the plan if I end up flying in. I'm not sure which way I'm flying yet though, which is the problem.
We've secured UAH housing (the $15 a night dorm room thing) for Friday and Saturday, so if you come to Huntsville, we can definitely get you there for that if no one can house you themselves.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744

Bummer. I also didn't get to chat/play with you at apex, but I guess I'll see you at Evo/G3 maybe?

:phone:

Oracle

Smash Master
Nuuuuuuu sb :( that blows. Oh well, I still really want to see how I face up against the pm scene here. I really wish there were doubles

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
We may do a third event based on popular demand if we have time, and it'd probably be Brawl Doubles or PM Doubles.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
For anyone driving from areas north of me you are more than welcome to stay at my place before the tournament. I only live like a hour and 30 mins from the venue.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I think it's only fair to note to my fellow GA/AL players that this will be my last tournament. So, if you want to get some final games with me or my rat, you had better show up.

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm pulling out of this. P:M is dumb :p

I might show up to hang out or play Melee friendlies, but who knows. I'm bad at showing up to tournaments that are right next to me.

Oracle

Smash Master
Yeah i don't think i'm gonna come either now. With g3 and evo around the corner, using my resources and money to enter whats shaping up to be an alabama local with no doubles doesn't seem like the best idea. Maybe another time :(

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
PM me if you're serious about the possibility of having VGBC stream it :D

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Less than a month hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Is there a deadline for entering this tournament?
You know, like earlier than March 9th of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom