• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask VTS Technical IC questions.

Vts

Smash Champion
If my theory is right, it would explain why, when they're mashed up against you/slightly behind, or when you uthrow fsmash, the trajectory is reversed.
hmm maybe just maybe so then maybe with the right moving of nana we can now mess with people's DI to make them go the wrong way.

hmm new tricks is what i like.

PB&J

Smash Hero
whos dair can beat icys up air..i dont know if im timing it perfectly , but when i up air with icys i always get the hit..i was just wondering

Vts

Smash Champion
whos dair can beat icys up air..i dont know if im timing it perfectly , but when i up air with icys i always get the hit..i was just wondering
I can't think of any move that would hit us through our dumb hit box, the move comes out so fast and stays out its what makes IC amazing when they can get under people. Downfall is really where the hitbox is, the hammer and thats it ><

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Charged fsmash -> uthrow with your back to the ledge is an amazing DI-tricker. I get a lot of early KO's and gimps setups with it.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Yo veets, I was at work thinking and I was curious. If popo is tring for invincibility and he side b's nana does she become invicible to? Also can popo be hit? I figure he would lose his blinkyness if he touched her. What are your thoughts on this subject?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Yo veets, I was at work thinking and I was curious. If popo is tring for invincibility and he side b's nana does she become invicible to? Also can popo be hit? I figure he would lose his blinkyness if he touched her. What are your thoughts on this subject?
VTS here being lazy and wanted to post on ihsb :psycho:

it drops as soon as the move starts , similar to zelda's up-b its drops the invincibility.

but up-b gives invincibility :S like 1 frame its dumb lol.

the IC hitbox also changes slightly for side-b it doesn't count the hammers as hitbox for the character.

Turazrok

Smash Master
What's the quickest way to desync so I can punish with nana blizzard dragging -> grab -> lolgrabcombo

Vts

Smash Champion
What's the quickest way to desync so I can punish with nana blizzard dragging -> grab -> lolgrabcombo
depends on what u are doing if you are wavedashing and want to desync u can always pivot really fast and tilt then make nana blizzard in the lag frames but its pretty hard.

but its rather fast since it covers some places like protecting yourself with a move while nana gets the start up on her move which if sidesteping or rolling there is some frames where u can't protect her.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I like to just up-b oos blizzard. It's mainly nice because Nana will start the blizzard at about half a full-hop's height, making it good for catching Sheik out of her SH or Peach out of a float. Run -> spotdodge -> blizzard is fine to rely on, though.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Desynching out of a spot dodge is very telegraphed. It's fine if you're in a position where you want to desynch and don't care if your opponent knows it, but otherwise I don't recommend doing it much unless your tech skill isn't on point.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I dont think dd blizzard is easy. I mess it up way way more than seems reasonable. Especially since I dd all the time? IDK things just go wrong.

I do want to know how we can dsmash people backwards in the very beg of dthrow to shoot them out reverse. How exactly is that done.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
For me, I'm able to do the dash dance blizzard consistently if I dash toward, dash away, dash toward, then down and b. I've tested out doing it by only dashing back and toward, but it worked significantly less often. The timing is probably a lot more strict.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I do it the way ChivalRuse does it. You can still do it very quickly even with the three initial dashes.

Have Nana walk forward a little if you want the dsmash to send the opponent backwards.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I keep forgetting that I don't even need to start the throw XD

(or do i?)

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I don't think it's necessary, but you almost always will anyways since hitting down on the C-stick will make Popo start to dthrow before it will make Nana dsmash.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey PEEF DD dance de-synce isn't hard as it may seem, maybe becuase I'm used to their run but whatever.

You simplely DD and go to the edge of how far you can DD and press down and B when popo can't attack, I don't know how to explain i've played the ice climbers for so long I can just see it with my eyes and tell when i'm de-synced when running.

Also something that will hurt some heads and isn't ice climbers only. When you are running you can duck and do any attack right. I've done a running up-tilt as fox /how does that work It hurts my head to think about it.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I've never seen Fly wobble.

I think I will keep my ICs forever wobble-free.

strawhats

Smash Master
its true fly he talks about you more than me

but my favorite is wobbles then fly then chok cus i love chok :)

<3 we need to go to an anime convention soon
wait...no love for Chu Dat and Joe Bushmann lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
doesn't that guy play ganondorf? LOL

or peach.... or something.

my favorite ice climber players are...

chudat... fly... wobbles...

oh wait. they are the only ice climber players. LOL

jk jk

i heard trail and uberice are hella good but i dont get to see them much, i wonder if they have any recent stuff

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
so basically top 5 are

chudat wobbles fly trail uberice

which is like

almost all the ic's players

Turazrok

Smash Master
;(

guess i don't count since i'm terrible :D

no worries i'll show you all how pro (bad) i really am :psycho:
There's a melee tourney the 21st in Baton Rouge. You should come down. I can't go though.

Vts

Smash Champion
If my theory is right, it would explain why, when they're mashed up against you/slightly behind, or when you uthrow fsmash, the trajectory is reversed.

You were right! after countless hours of me messing with it.

also the d-tilt does nothing its just overlapping hitbox.

more things to come from more research! i'll keep you guys updated.

next is to mess with the desync moves :D

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Are you going to upload the framedata in the beginning of the thread?

I´m currently thinking/wondering if JCgrab isn´t as useful as dashgrab at low % IC>shiek CG, but gets useful when getting a bit more time at higher %

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I was wondering that too; he posted pictures of the two different grab boxes earlier and it does look like dash grab is slightly lower and further out. The difference is really small though, and barely noticeable.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Question about the dthrow cg. I used to do it perfectly, but now when I L cancel sometimes Popo just shields. Am I dairing too late?

Top Bottom