• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, they're not too big but they have a great shape. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Do Falcos seriously have trouble with that?

Seems like you guys should just be able to sideB again or upB in the worst case scenario. The angle you throw Waddle Dees at is so precise that a lot of times people get the distance wrong for it. Hell, I'm surprised you guys can't just go THROUGH it.

Now Gordos, that's something to be worried about.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeah I would prefer up B over side B, Waddle Dees hit you out of phantasm surprisingly easily, and if you get hit and DI towards the stage you are heading right into a Dedede up-tilt.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Waddles hit you straight up anyway.

Gordos are what you should be afraid of, airdodging often requires you to recover with firebird, which = gimp

Denzi

Smash Master
My problem is that if I get hit by one my options are either phantasm again and get hit by another, or, when I get hit up, phantasm above it (right into an up tilt).

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
My problem is that if I get hit by one my options are either phantasm again and get hit by another, or, when I get hit up, phantasm above it (right into an up tilt).
Your options:
DJ - you can now normally recover
airdodge - depends on the situation
firebird - stops waddles but makes you vulnerable (depending on positioning)
phantasm - is the best option, position yourself correctly though
do nothing - take the hits and meanwhile steer towards the stage

I don't even care if I'm hit by waddles. I dont mind taking damage as D3 has no real reliable kill move on us. I often live very long against a D3.

Denzi

Smash Master
The situation is no DJ and about level with the ledge. So DJ isn't an option, AD would bring me to my doom via either falling or an easily ledgehogged Firebird, Too far to Firebird horizontally and live, Waddles hit out of phantasm. So yeah, I have to take a couple of hits and I thought I had another option maybe. ohwell.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The situation is no DJ and about level with the ledge. So DJ isn't an option, AD would bring me to my doom via either falling or an easily ledgehogged Firebird, Too far to Firebird horizontally and live, Waddles hit out of phantasm. So yeah, I have to take a couple of hits and I thought I had another option maybe. ohwell.
just get some hits then, yeah. My question is how can you ever be that far away from the stage AND stage level.

My recovery problems faded when I learned to hold up

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I can't believe here on the Falco boards you guys are asking for help with the Dedede matchup, which is easily one of your best.

"halp me gaiz i cant 3stok d3 wut m i doin rong?"

If you can't even beat Dedede consistently, quit Falco.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I can't believe here on the Falco boards you guys are asking for help with the Dedede matchup, which is easily one of your best.

Why are you so offensive towards Denzi? He never said that he had trouble winning or anything close to that. I'll report this stuff in the hopes of getting you infracted.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

It's not help with the matchup per se, it's knowing more of what tricks either has up their sleeves.

You shouldn't be so abrasive, just go back to your native board and spam it up like usual.

Yofi

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I have a question on how to counter "Falco Phantasm." My boyfriend has combined this move with Blaster to create a strategy that annoys the hell out of me. At range he'll shoot me with the blaster, then if I get close to him (which I have to, can't just let him blast me all day), he does Falco Phantasm through me and starts blasting me again. At this point, I can't see any way to prevent him from tormenting me with this through every match, especially on Final Destination where there aren't platforms for me to work with. Can someone help me out? Thanks.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Hey guys, I have a question on how to counter "Falco Phantasm." My boyfriend has combined this move with Blaster to create a strategy that annoys the hell out of me. At range he'll shoot me with the blaster, then if I get close to him (which I have to, can't just let him blast me all day), he does Falco Phantasm through me and starts blasting me again. At this point, I can't see any way to prevent him from tormenting me with this through every match, especially on Final Destination where there aren't platforms for me to work with. Can someone help me out? Thanks.
If he starts using lasers learn to powershield them all, once he gets impatient start destroying him

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
It also depends on the character you play. If main Pikachu, you'll find that you can crawl under the lasers, predict his phantasm, powershield and punish. If you play Ganondorf, well..... good luck <.<

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'll report this stuff in the hopes of getting you infracted.
I'm trembling in fear. In fact, I think I just **** myself.
You shouldn't be so abrasive, just go back to your native board and spam it up like usual.
It's not spamming, it's polite trolling. There's a difference.
Why are you so offensive towards Denzi? He never said that he had trouble winning or anything close to that.
It's not help with the matchup per se, it's knowing more of what tricks either has up their sleeves.
I guess I was ultimately too hard on him and for that I apologize. Still, it seems like you Falco mains really have no idea how easy you have it in that matchup and the very idea that someone would need help with it seems ludicrous to me. Ask any Dedede, even Seibrik who is convinced that Dedede has almost no bad matchups, and they'll tell you that Falco is **** near impossible for Dedede to win. The Dedede player needs to be exponentially more skilled than the Falco player to even come close. Falco pretty much beats us in nearly every aspect of the matchup except grab range and offstage game (you also have more trouble killing by comparison, but you rack up damage so easily it's a non-issue). I've played Dedede vs Falco a lot and I know firsthand how bad it is for Dedede.

I'm sorry I was abrasive before, but it's a stretch for me to see any Falco having any trouble with any aspect of the Dedede matchup. Especially Waddle Dees of all things, which are seldom used (watch vids of any good Dedede and you'll see what I mean).

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm trembling in fear. In fact, I think I just **** myself.
cool story bro
It's not spamming, it's polite trolling. There's a difference.
Keyword time
I guess I was ultimately too hard on him and for that I apologize. Still, it seems like you Falco mains really have no idea how easy you have it in that matchup and the very idea that someone would need help with it seems ludicrous to me. Ask any Dedede, even Seibrik who is convinced that Dedede has almost no bad matchups, and they'll tell you that Falco is **** near impossible for Dedede to win. The Dedede player needs to be exponentially more skilled than the Falco player to even come close. Falco pretty much beats us in nearly every aspect of the matchup except grab range and offstage game (you also have more trouble killing by comparison, but you rack up damage so easily it's a non-issue). I've played Dedede vs Falco a lot and I know firsthand how bad it is for Dedede.

I'm sorry I was abrasive before, but it's a stretch for me to see any Falco having any trouble with any aspect of the Dedede matchup. Especially Waddle Dees of all things, which are seldom used (watch vids of any good Dedede and you'll see what I mean).
That it's a stretch doesn't render it impossible. And from what do you conclude this; 'it seems like you Falco mains really have no idea how easy you have it in that matchup', because I never ever ever ever EVER heard any Falco say that the MU is hard.

Denzi

Smash Master
because I never ever ever ever EVER heard any Falco say that the MU is hard.
That's because it isn't at all.

They were just a minor annoyance and I was asking for a way around them, I don't know how it escalated like it did.

Louisdebou

Smash Cadet
Hey,

I've a little problem with my bird.
When i play against skilled MK's players, i get ***** almost each time that i go back to the stage.
When i'm out of the stage, if i use my phantasm in order to recover, the MK does quickly a tornado or punish me with a Dsmash. If i prefer take the edge, most of time he take the edge just before me...
I master the phantasm cancel but even if i cancel my recovery i take his Dsmash...

How can I escape this situation ? How can I be less predictable when I come to the stage?

Thanks you for your advices ! :)

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
If you know the MK will Nado your Phantasm, use it a little higher and hit the top of the tornado, then DI up and away from it, you will be able to not get caught in it and take like only 2 damage.

Oreos

Smash Apprentice
also you don't have to phantasm to edge every time which is what i used to do if you can grab the edge without using fire bird or phantasm that is the best situation if you see them charging f smash/d smash obviously use fire bird if they are right on the edge aim for the ledge and use phantasm. You have to get a good read on what the opponent is going to do sometimes on stages like BF i phantasm cancel to the top platform.

Oreos

Smash Apprentice
Question:
Dribbling with Falco possible with JCIT?
i know how to dribble i'll test and brb w/ results.

err that's a negative on being able to dribble for diddys dribble you have to slide backwards and get a boost and i wasn't able to get a backwards boost to pick it back up im not sure on how to dribble sliding forwards so that could still be an option ask adhd or somebody with alot of diddy experience because frontwards dribble is hard you have to buffer the turn around and everything.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I actually hold down alot when I try to side step, then when i get hit I just get send directly horizontal. It results in me dying at 80% to a Lucas Fsmash with Snake <.<

Denzi

Smash Master
err that's a negative on being able to dribble for diddys dribble you have to slide backwards and get a boost and i wasn't able to get a backwards boost to pick it back up im not sure on how to dribble sliding forwards so that could still be an option ask adhd or somebody with alot of diddy experience because frontwards dribble is hard you have to buffer the turn around and everything.
Are we talking about the same thing? What I'm talking about is the two banana lock across the stage. I probably just said it wrong.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
I actually hold down alot when I try to side step, then when i get hit I just get send directly horizontal. It results in me dying at 80% to a Lucas Fsmash with Snake <.<
yeah that isn't good. you have to learn to just hold up after every move you do, or ANY chance you think you could be punished. I'm telling you, you'll see a TREMENDOUS difference in your survival game. GIGANTIC

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
yeah that isn't good. you have to learn to just hold up after every move you do, or ANY chance you think you could be punished. I'm telling you, you'll see a TREMENDOUS difference in your survival game. GIGANTIC
Alright, I'll work on that, good think I started playing with tap jump off last week.

Top Bottom