• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Jon?

Smash Champion
While we're on the topic of MKs, I was reading over the old "How to deal with certain moves" thread with MK's shuttle loop being one of the topics. I saw several times people saying using Dair while MK is doing shuttle loop will reduce the knock back.

My question is:
Is the knock back on this considerably less as compared to getting hit with shuttle loop without any sort of input? I am assuming this only applies when getting hit with the top part of shuttle loops.

I have a tournament tomorrow and I plan on using Falco all throughout the tourny, even doubles! Wish me luck, guys.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I've got no idea what you are talking about...
The thread title is "Ask a Qusestion. Get an answer,." It was just a dumb post with little to no purpose.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Woah, how did I not notice that earlier? The thread title is, indeed "Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer."

Edit: Now can you see it, Xonar?

Vlade

Social Outcast
Just saw the page before about MK's glide attack

Nair doesn't outprioritise it, but beats it.

First hit clashes, but since it is a multi-hit move.... yeah. Autocancel it into jab combo or utilt for a more severe punishment ;)

Palpi

Smash Hero
I have never had someone not jump or use some crazy up-b move (Dolpin slash) after a dthrow to jab.

They always air-dodge before my laser lock can happen too. :mad:

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Wait, what? Dthrow -> jab can laserlock? Mind blown.

Also, if you're playing someone stupid, you can use Falco's ledge getup attack below 100% to set up a LL.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I doubt it as well, I guess people don't expect the jab, and most try to airdodge the dthrow, which makes their timing off because of the jab.

If you get what I mean.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
It still says question.
Nga. If you can't read, then don't bother postin in here less you have a quesestion.

Nothing wrong with the spelling. Quesestion is spelt how it should be, lrn2engls or go to ****ing dictionary.com mayne.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Dictionary.com

Qu-ses-tion
[ku-ses-chuhn]
-noun
1. a sentence in an interrogative form, addressed to someone in order to get information in reply.
2. a problem for discussion or under discussion; a matter for investigation.
3. a matter of some uncertainty or difficulty; problem (usually fol. by of): It was simply a qusestion of time.
4. a subject of dispute or controversy.
5. a proposal to be debated or voted on, as in a meeting or a deliberative assembly.
6. the procedure of putting a proposal to vote.
7. Politics. a problem of public policy submitted to the voters for an expression of opinion.
8. Law. a. a controversy that is submitted to a judicial tribunal or administrative agency for decision.
b. the interrogation by which information is secured.
c. Obsolete. judicial examination or trial.

9. the act of asking or inquiring; interrogation; query.
10. inquiry into or discussion of some problem or doubtful matter.

–verb (used with object) 11. to ask (someone) a qusestion; ask qusestions of; interrogate.
12. to ask or inquire.
13. to make a qusestion of; doubt: He qusestioned her sincerity.
14. to challenge or dispute: She qusestioned the judge's authority in the case.

–verb (used without object) 15. to ask a qusestion or qusestions.

—Idioms16. beg the qusestion. beg (def. 9).
17. beyond qusestion, beyond dispute; without doubt: It was, beyond qusestion, a magnificent performance. Also, beyond all qusestion.
18. call in or into qusestion, a. to dispute; challenge.
b. to cast doubt upon; qusestion: This report calls into qusestion all previous research on the subject.

19. in qusestion, a. under consideration.
b. in dispute.

20. out of the qusestion, not to be considered; unthinkable; impossible: She thought about a trip to Spain but dismissed it as out of the qusestion.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I highly doubt Dthrow-Jab sets up for laser lock. Falcos jab does not have lock properties or somethin
But it does, if the opponent di's backward and doesn't do an input before they hit the ground (only happens rarely when the person is waiting to airdodge late or freezes up) and you can laser lock.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I've been using Falco for a while now, and am comfortable enough to use him in a tourney along side my PT and Snake.

I know matchup threads tend to be fairly outdated, so I figured I'd ask here.

What are Falco's top 5 worst matchups and their ratios?

And when should I use fair? (If at all)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I've been using Falco for a while now, and am comfortable enough to use him in a tourney along side my PT and Snake.

I know matchup threads tend to be fairly outdated, so I figured I'd ask here.

What are Falco's top 5 worst matchups and their ratios?

And when should I use fair? (If at all)
Match-ups were voted for in the broom, and these were the results:

10-15-2009 12:14 PM
Xonar
Quick review on the match-up project started by DEHF some pages ago:

Point system, the lower the points the harder the match-up. First (worst) in row gets 1 point etc.
Points are divided by amount of mentions.
Character - Points - Mentions
Marth 18 (9)
Pika 35 (12)
Sheik(zelda) 29 (8)
Meta Knight 35 (8)
Ice Climbers 23 (11)
Kirby 19 (5)
Game and Watch 4
Don't know 5
Snake 6 (2)

Which would make (number is average point total)
1. Marth (2)
2. IC (2.091)
3. Pika (2.91667)
4. Snake (3) (only got 2 mentions, yet to get mentions mixed into ranking system. Snake doesn't really count...)
5. Sheik/Zelda (3.625)
6. Kirby (3,8)
7. MK (4.375)
8. GaW (4) (1mention)
9. Don't know (5) (1 mention)
10. Xonar (over 9000) (9001 mentions)

And fair is a no-go ^^

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Even if people don't expect the jab and the jab hits them, jab has too much knockback. It knocks your opponent right up. i really dont know how to explain it other than that

Kaisr

Smash Rookie
I have another question,and thank you guys for the tips!
well,i've been searching some couterpick for wario.Because, jungle japes is not very effective,because he can comeback to the stage easily,i've been thinkn about,and what you think ,rainbow cruise is a good to this MU??,but i guess the stage its not good for falco too...i dont know!
And for diddy?what stage you guys think is better?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I have another question,and thank you guys for the tips!
well,i've been searching some couterpick for wario.Because, jungle japes is not very effective,because he can comeback to the stage easily,i've been thinkn about,and what you think ,rainbow cruise is a good to this MU??,but i guess the stage its not good for falco too...i dont know!
And for diddy?what stage you guys think is better?
Stay away from Battlefield against Wario. Because of the platforms, Wario pretty much ***** Falco there. I'd stay away from RC, too. Wario's aerial mobility really helps him get around, and Falco has, like, no horizontal motion when he's in the air. I really like FD against Wario, because you can spam lasers without too much worry (Can Wario's bike go through lasers?).

Kaisr

Smash Rookie
Stay away from Battlefield against Wario. Because of the platforms, Wario pretty much ***** Falco there. I'd stay away from RC, too. Wario's aerial mobility really helps him get around, and Falco has, like, no horizontal motion when he's in the air. I really like FD against Wario, because you can spam lasers without too much worry (Can Wario's bike go through lasers?).
(Can Wario's bike go through lasers?) ,yes.Thanks again xD.
But i guess FD,wario can spam air dodges to aproach.The plataforms of BF will not stop the wario's air game?Diddy i guess japes is the better stage to use,forget the other question xD!

WaterTails

Smash Lord
(Can Wario's bike go through lasers?) ,yes.Thanks again xD.
But i guess FD,wario can spam air dodges to aproach.The plataforms of BF will not stop the wario's air game?Diddy i guess japes is the better stage to use,forget the other question xD!
Wario's aerials barely go through the platforms on Battlefield, so he can poke you through them. Also, thanks for the advice on the bike, guys. I kinda thought Wario could get through lasers when he wheelies!

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I see Bleachigo post. I check the thread, I die a little inside.
Sorry, I've been busy lately and the few short hours before I sleep is the only time I do Video Game related activities, Brawl isn't fun alone, and I also need my brother to test it. (I swear I'm almost done and will PM you the %'s the day before Halloween, promise!)

Randomly spam my AIM if you feel doubt though.

Top Bottom