• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashley for SSBB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm thinking, she has magic powers right, she might have a bigger chance because of her spells and dark magic attacks.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
I'm thinking, she has magic powers right, she might have a bigger chance because of her spells and dark magic attacks.
I think it would be a pretty original character, plus there need to be more girl reps...
Wario doesn't NEED another rep, but it would be nice to see one...

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
She's such a horrible cliche...

I never said she won't...I just said that's a horribe example.
She is a cliche but comon, it IS Nintendo.

A Princess who gets captured by a Fire Breathing Lizard? A Hero who comes riding in on his horse to save the Princess from the Big Evil Bad Guy? A Gorilla that plays the Bongos? A Chimp with a Peanut Gun?

:laugh:

It is targeted at everyone though, which is why Samus, Fox and Claus are so cool.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
She is a cliche but comon, it IS Nintendo.

A Princess who gets captured by a Fire Breathing Lizard? A Hero who comes riding in on his horse to save the Princess from the Big Evil Bad Guy? A Gorilla that plays the Bongos? A Chimp with a Peanut Gun?

:laugh:

It is targeted at everyone though, which is why Samus, Fox and Claus are so cool.

But she's more cliche than ANY of them...they at least have some kind of original design to them...

What does she have that's unique?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
But she's more cliche than ANY of them...they at least have some kind of original design to them...

What does she have that's unique?
I think she's supposed to be cliche though. I mean, she could have been a chirpy cheery blonde haired witch who was shy and timid, she could've been a boy who's embarrassed that he's a witch.

But no, she a Goth-like black haired Witch who wears red, has a little devil buddy, and is slightly sadistic.

That seems far to obvious to not be on purpose. :laugh:

Saku

Smash Cadet
Regardless of her chances of having stereotypical dark magics, I think there's quite a lot of room for originality with Ashley. Her being in would make for a great character.

Besides, if you gave her short, purple hair, you'd only have a magical version of Gaz. Brawl needs a Gaz.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Regardless of her chances of having stereotypical dark magics, I think there's quite a lot of room for originality with Ashley. Her being in would make for a great character.

Besides, if you gave her short, purple hair, you'd only have a magical version of Gaz. Brawl needs a Gaz.
Gaz wouldn't wear Red and Orange

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

Ahh, the person who first owned Geno, right or is it another person.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I can't recall any Little Girl Witch-like characters in Smash Bros or Melee.

Though correct me if I'm wrong.
Your right, even if Zelda uses magic, its light magic not dark magic, it has a different affect on different characters. Besides, she has a devil that change into a wand, now thats hot!

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
The actress who does her voice has a blog about it and she only mentions doing voice acting for the song.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...n=67628C9B-14B0-4129-BB9BC11C2D8592BD37580531

Also, she thinks that the game is called "Super Mario Bros Smash." If she voiced a playable character, I would think she'd at least know what the game is called.
Different voice actors for both?

It's been done before. Ashley's voice actor would only need to scream and wail, the person that's singing the song wouldn't have to voice her. They would only have to sing the song.

RWB

Smash Ace
One of the characters I really wanted but thought was chanceless...

I want the japanese theme on my MP3. ;_;

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think I might make a Haruhi AMV with her theme. I can see Ashley being playable and she would be incredibly unexpected.

Saku

Smash Cadet
You know, as unoriginal as she might be, that's really what sets her apart from a lot of witches.
I mean, how many witch characters have you seen, in the gaming industry, with so many unaltered cliches rolled together?

Did Ashley ever talk in Warioware? Because I've only watched videos, and all she's done is just perform actions without a single sound.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You know, as unoriginal as she might be, that's really what sets her apart from a lot of witches.
I mean, how many witch characters have you seen, in the gaming industry, with so many unaltered cliches rolled together?

Did Ashley ever talk in Warioware? Because I've only watched videos, and all she's done is just perform actions without a single sound.
She made some sounds in Smooth Moves while playing her micro games.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Well I guess if she was playable she'd use Red, who turns into her wand. Maybe that's why they didn't call Pokemon Trainer Red, to avoid confusion.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Oh lord, not again....

Shouldn't this go in the Dr/Mario returning thread?

ZOMG!!111one ASHLEYS MUSIC IS N TEH BRAWL!!!11 ASHLEY CONFIRMEDZZ!!!1111one

It is likely just one of the music choices for the WarioWare stage.

KumaOso said:
She has granted kids to Hell.
lmao, A cookie for you if you know where that came from.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well I guess if she was playable she'd use Red, who turns into her wand. Maybe that's why they didn't call Pokemon Trainer Red, to avoid confusion.
I think your right, they said he didn't have a name and it was not red, I think you found a clue to this character.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's possible that the other 7 Pokemon Trainer could be alts.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh lord, not again....

Shouldn't this go in the Dr/Mario returning thread?

ZOMG!!111one ASHLEYS MUSIC IS N TEH BRAWL!!!11 ASHLEY CONFIRMEDZZ!!!1111one

It is likely just one of the music choices for the WarioWare stage.

lmao, A cookie for you if you know where that came from.
Ashley's Theme in Wario Ware Touched if you speed it up. It's possible it could hint her. I mean, unlike Dr. Mario, Ashley is a completely different character.

Fawriel

Smash Master
The idea is cute, but I don't see it happening at all.
It doesn't really raise her chances a lot in my eyes... after all, there's a song by KK Slider, too. And some random Japanese dude "sings" in the DS cookbook song that you can listen to in the Japanese version of Kirby's FS update.

Arguing that she's unoriginal is somewhat ignorant, though. None of the characters in Wario Ware are unoriginal because although they are full of cliches and over-the-topness, that is what MAKES them original, as well as the fact that they are placed in an environment that would not be expected from the types of character. Ever heard of the terms "parody", pastiche", "homage" and so on?

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
She has granted kids to Hell.
XD lmao, that was pure win. Gotta love wierd coincidences like that. Back when I first got Touched! I'd spin that record numerous times just laughing to myself about it after I read about it on the net. :chuckle:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Ashley has powers in the Wario Ware games, Nintendo can get creative on her moveset like Caption Falcon or Fox. Besides, they need another female other than two princesses and a hunter.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ashley has powers in the Wario Ware games, Nintendo can get creative on her moveset like Caption Falcon or Fox. Besides, they need another female other than two princesses and a hunter.
That they do. I guess we can add Ashley to the list of potential girls.

Krystal
Captain Syrup
Jody Summers
Mona
Kumatora
Ashley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom