• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona's Power Rankings (11/01/07)

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
congrads AXE. This ranking seems accurate when it comes to recent tourneys and RR's. I hope this list changes significantly after some more serious tourney's and MM's.

AXE 09

Smash Master
haha thanks vato! i worked really hard to get better

wobbles??? what happened to nana?????? did popo edge hog her again? darn that popo lol

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
No... she was staying in AZ and keeping me at 3rd while I'm in Texas.

If only I'd been here to up+b when she needed me most.

:(

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
That's a bummer, but we all know that you're AZ, son. It doesn't matter how far you go, but when you come back, you'll regain your throne.

AXE 09

Smash Master
heck yeah you will. wobbles is amazing lol. but maxxxpower is right, no matter where you go, you'll always be AZ! screw texas lol

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yo B-Will, looks like your sticky hasn't been updated with the new rankings link.

Btw, Wobbles' nana is way better than his popo. Nana ****ing freeze glitches your ***!

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Rob, he should totally come down to Phoenix for a while at least till schools back in session.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Can I take your place in where you should have appeared in the rankings wobbles? I totally think we are the same level (psssst guys, don't remind him that he beat me with DK!)

Hanki

Smash Journeyman
Just so everyone knows, G-mo talked me out of quiting lol, im gonna go to an STB tourney when i get back from Washington (July 8th) so yeh, /trollwaveroguepwnagewtfspam

Hanki

Smash Journeyman
I would **** them up with a 12 year old who hasnt gone through puberty yet, but...I'm stuck with my family for the entire time...doing....family stuffs /shakefist

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
Hanki, I must say that you still playing smash makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Your 12 year old Young level 70 warrior Link will cause Unpreparedness . I'm happy that STB will see you here in Glendale soon.

Hanki

Smash Journeyman
Hanki, I must say that you still playing smash makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Your 12 year old Young level 70 warrior Link will cause Unpreparedness . I'm happy that STB will see you here in Glendale soon.

Rogue! ima stunlock those *****es to death with mah projectiles!! muwahahhaha

Corigames

Smash Hero
AMERICA, **** YEAH!!!

On a side note... if I beat Axe, do I take 10th place (Absolutely no offense or directed target to him though, just asking how this would work).

AXE 09

Smash Master
haha don't worry corey, none taken. 10th place is usually targeted a lot, but i think first you would have to beat butters, then me. but... i'm not all that sure. i'm not all that smart lol. i heard that the rankings go by how well you do in tourneys too

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
AMERICA, **** YEAH!!!

On a side note... if I beat Axe, do I take 10th place (Absolutely no offense or directed target to him though, just asking how this would work).
It's not that cut and dry. You beat axe once, you probably still wouldn't be on the power rankings. You have to have a consistent showing...doing well more than just one time. Axe did well the last three tourneys so he moved up.

Corigames

Smash Hero
So all I have to do is consistantly beat _____ (insert power ranked person) and do well in tournies and I will be on that rank faster than you can say "Wow, he sure went up in those rankings. He certainly took me by surprise, were you? I remember the time when..."

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
well for one thing u gotta kinda prove to the panelist that you do well against "said" players instead of just beating the 10th place player.
if u do well against many others and do place well in tournies then u might be elligible for the rankings, but you gotta show it to the panelist also. we are the ones makin the list; and kinda scoring people in a way. but beating a high ranked person will definitely get you noticed if you can beat them consistent.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
The power rankings have an interesting dynamic balancing "who is better" and "who does better". In a perfect world, the rankings would reflect accurately and unambiguously the heirarchy of skill for our region. But such a thing is not really possible, plus in a perfect world we'd all be float canceling power shields on fox's lasers. The best that we can hope to do is to rank players based on their tournament performances.

As a player, you should concern yourself with "being better" than those who are ranked. Because if you accomplish this, then it will be meerly a matter of demonstrating your skill at tournaments to get recognized. The task of "doing better" than your opponents in tournaments just comes with experience.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
Can I just kill the top 10 instead? I think it would simplify this greatly.
yeah if u could kill the top ten sure, but i doubt it though, they are a powerhouse.
only people u 'might' be able to beat is axe and hanki and thats a big maybe. the rest of the top 10 are veteran players. very few of AZ stand a chance against them

Corigames

Smash Hero
But they themselves are from AZ, therefore we know their weakness right?

Look, you guys may look at yourselves and see that you have absolutely no hope of getting better, or what ever you think, but I am going to keep improving until I am on that list!

GOOD DAY SIRS!!!

Goop

Smash Journeyman
But they themselves are from AZ, therefore we know their weakness right?

Look, you guys may look at yourselves and see that you have absolutely no hope of getting better, or what ever you think, but I am going to keep improving until I am on that list!

GOOD DAY SIRS!!!
::plays montage in the background::

CHUK

Smash Ace
Are Goop's first friday of the month have anything to do with this AZ power ranking?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
yeah if u could kill the top ten sure, but i doubt it though, they are a powerhouse.
only people u 'might' be able to beat is axe and hanki and thats a big maybe. the rest of the top 10 are veteran players. very few of AZ stand a chance against them
I don't think Axe would be one of the easier ones to beat consistently IMO. Hanki, possibly. i've only played him once. <3 hanki. Axe beat Light as you know, and I think he beat B-Will as well. He is quickly developing a higher level of play DAILY. THAT ***** IS CRAZY GOOD> And since Trevyn is leaving (or, has left already, i'm not sure) and Butters will possiblyy? be put on the rankings, I think Butters should be in the 'might' be able to beat list.

PS B-Will sucks

edit/ i reread my post just now and i noticed it doesn't make too much sense but oh well i'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeepyyyyyyyyyyy

PSS after realizing what coreygames is trying to accomplish, i must point out that Samus mains have no place on AZ power rankings. <3 joke

PSSS after reading g-mo's post on the next page, i'm talking about coreygames not myself lol

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
lol I wasn't talking about myself. coreygames was saying he wants to take someone off the top 10 and dark said that he couldn't except MAYBE axe or hanki.

forward

Smash Champion
Man, I've been so busy lately I haven't been able to keep in touch with all my AZ people. B-Will will you please tell your mom I said hi? Thanx dude.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Forward... I want some more of your mom's cookies.

On another note, thanks Guitarist. And goop, I will return the background music one day... one day.

On the last note, there will be a time on that list when a Samus main can stand tall and be pround. Where a charge shot can finally be better than a single needle. Where short hop lazer is beaten by bomb hop missile cancel. Where turnips are outlawed. Shines are forbidden. And Shadowclaws are forgotten. AND I BELIEVE THAT TIME IS NOW!!!

Top Bottom