• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you happy that Dark Pit made it in?

Are you happy Dark Pit is in Smash 4?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I don't like Dark Pit, he's probably the most lack-luster newcomer in the game, maybe of the whole series.

THAT BEING SAID: Sakurai is totally allowed to give himself this one gift. Yeah, it's a personal bias, but this is game design. It's an art, not a craft. Art is the reflection of the artist and even though we can almost all agree that Dark Pit was a bad choice, it was a bad choice he was allowed to make. Don't feel like you've been violated or that something has been taken from you because that didn't happen. If you wanted Ridley, Dark Pit (or anyone else for that matter) didn't take that opportunity from you, you just never had it.

EDIT: This doesn't mean that you can't complain about Dark Pit, I certainly complain about Dark Pit to my friends. It just means that Sakurai's bias isn't something that you should be concerned with.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I'm happy Dark Pit is in. He doesn't have the popularity of Lucina, nor the nostalgia of Dr. Mario, but I suspect that the main reason he made it in is because he already had voice acting done for him. We see now that the only additional alt costume characters are Alph and the Koopalings. I think that Dark Pit was only added to boost the roster numbers, and I think he was really the only option at that point. I can imagine that balancing Alph would have been considerably harder than balancing Dark Pit, and you can't really split up the Koopalings. I doubt Dark Pit would've gotten in otherwise, bias aside.

I would be willing to bet he was the very last character added.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Dark Pit was a great character!

.... In uprising. Not this game.

I would have been OK with it if they gave him pit's brawl side and down specials, like I was led to believe. That way he would have felt more different.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I'm indifferent to Dark Pit's inclusion. I could be upset, but I enjoy playing as Pit, so I should have no problem.

I do wish they could do something else to make him different. Give him different orbitars, or a different down B, give him the sniper rifle with rapid fire for B, and change his As.

For those saying that he got in over Ridley/Mewtwo/etc, it takes little to no time to develop a clone. Dedede was planned for Melee, but got scrapped in place of 6 clones. So six clones = unique character. We got three. Be grateful, honestly.

D

Deleted member

No. Not at all. I don't understand why Dark Pit is playable.

Palutena? She's a requested character, so I can't hate her inclusion!
KI Items? Sure! Why not?
Assist Trophies? Fine!
Smash Run enemies? Uh... that's an awful lot...
Dark Pit? NO! This is where I draw the line in the sand.

Look, I love Kid Icarus: Uprising; it's my favorite game on the 3DS. However, this content is a bit too much, especially when Kid Icarus is less successful than other franchises that didn't get enough love (like Donkey Kong).

He didn't really "steal" a slot, but that doesn't mean his addition wasn't pointless. I've seen video footage of his moveset; it's basically Pit's moveset but with minor differences in his specials. Even his Final Smash is just Zelda's Light Arrow.
I'm also fine with the other clones. Lucina is at least justifiable since she is a popular Fire Emblem character while Dr. Mario represents a popular puzzle game series and has some of his old moves from Melee. But Dark Pit? I think Sakurai grasped some straws to make him playable. Wanna know how to implement Dark Pit? Make him a palette swap of Pit, call him "Dark Pit", and give Pit Dark Pit's voice and call it a day. His addition was pure bias in the greatest sense of the word. I'm not even a fan of Dark Pit to look past it.

You know... it reminds me of what PSASBR did when they added Cole and Evil Cole.

I'm fine with the roster and I love it, but Dark Pit didn't have any rhyme or reason to be added and his inclusion makes me the most salty because of it. Hell, I would have taken another Mii Fighter over Dark Pit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I wonder, does anyone else think that if the clones where some sort of option off of the main character (think picking the type of Mii Fighter) there would be a lot less fuss over their inclusion? I mean having their own slot seems to make people think someone else could have gotten it.

D

Deleted member

I like how people complain about free extra content. The :shaker: is real, and as a Dark Pit supporter since the beginning, I will enjoy it while I can. :happysheep:

Ceci Kiyomizu

Smash Rookie
NNID
CeciKiyomizu
Personally I don't mind him in the game but I can see why people dislike him.

GloriousV

Smash Cadet
I wonder, does anyone else think that if the clones where some sort of option off of the main character (think picking the type of Mii Fighter) there would be a lot less fuss over their inclusion? I mean having their own slot seems to make people think someone else could have gotten it.
They getting their own slots was more of a technicality than anything. Sakurai said it would mess with Battle Records and other stuff if they where categorize as the same character as Marth, Mario and Pit. He even stated Lucina was lucky to be her own character just of this technicality, so we can assume it was the same for Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.

I personally think people are taking Dark Pit's inclusion to seriously. The change of Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit was probably something the team at Namco considered "extra content" for the fans, not a major decision that intruded in development.

Sakurai has admitted in the past of feeling really stressed because he most likely would have to cut fan favorite characters and that he wanted to bring back as many characters as possible for Smash 4. Knowing this, if not making Dark Pit, Dr. Mario and Lucina into their own characters would had given him time to either bring back fan faves or make new characters, do you think he would have done it? Of course he would, the fact that he didnt, tells us that the time he took in making these clones into characters would not have been sufficient enought to reduce cuts or make new characters.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'm really not that big on Dark Pit's inclusion, not because I believe he was a waste of resources in any way but just because he's pointless. He's essentially just 8 new Pit costumes. Meh.

However, if we are going to talk about who could have replaced him, why not Pichu? Buff the guy in terms of speed and such and he could be an ok character and, even if he wasn't, he'd still be unique. Pichu's self harming meant you had to think about exactly when to use your attacks and whether or not they were worth it. He was a highly tactical character who played quite differently from the one he was cloned off.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Man you have a hard time drawing the core point out of things. Where the figure made is not the relevance. The fact that it was shown very early in development, amidst a group characters planned to be playable from the start, is what leaves the definite possibility that Dark Pit was planned to be a character from the start. Do you not comprehend that?

It's an extensive list of what we know so far, but that seems to be most if not all of them.

Have you seen the models and animations? They were made from scratch, not ported. You really need to stop making things up.

Who is the average smasher? Seriously, give me a source link for that, because this is the first time I'm being told "everyone sees Donkey Kong as a Mario character" when my experience has taught me that everyone sees Donkey Kong as a Donkey Kong character. I see pretty much nobody on the forums refer to Donkey Kong as lesser part of the Mario series. Mario is technically the spin-off of Donkey Kong, by the way, not the other way around.

It bombed in Japan, but was a success in the rest of the world. Super Metroid was a critical success. The Prime series were critically acclaimed. You're taking the whole "it wasn't popular in Japan" bit and exasperating it. Japan isn't the only country in the world the games need to appeal to. By the way, Metroid on the NES had sold 2.73 million units worldwide. Kid Icarus had only sold 1.76 million units. If you're arguing that Metroid bombed, take a look at the very thing you're arguing for. Metroid's 17.44 million units still crushes Kid Icarus's 4 million, and the series has been around just as long as Metroid. Now how about you start giving actual facts instead of just "Metroid hardly sells" excuses and "There's not enough Kid Icarus yet" hypotheticals, hm?
There's a reason Sakurai stopped tweeting... People read into what he posted about ten-thousand times more deeply then intended. He has a collection of figures on his desk, and arranged them with DP. Is it that hard to understand? It doesn't point to anything.

The enemies? Yeah, they are. Not sure on the 3DS ATs.

People have more exposure with the Mario spin-offs then the real DK games, which haven't been exceedingly popular until DKCR, and just DKCR. The association with Mario is quite strong. Heck, it could be Sakurai seeing them as overlaping.

Do you have a source? Everything I've seen on Super says that it did poorly first time around.

Last edited:

Tony Montana

Smash Rookie
From what I have seen he is exactly the same as Pit, except he has a different bow and a different final smash, I don't like it but I don't care that he is on the roster.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
There's a reason Sakurai stopped tweeting... People read into what he posted about ten-thousand times more deeply then intended. He has a collection of figures on his desk, and arranged them with DP. Is it that hard to understand? It doesn't point to anything.

The enemies? Yeah, they are. Not sure on the 3DS ATs.

People have more exposure with the Mario spin-offs then the real DK games, which haven't been exceedingly popular until DKCR, and just DKCR. The association with Mario is quite strong. Heck, it could be Sakurai seeing them as overlaping.

Do you have a source? Everything I've seen on Super says that it did poorly first time around.
When he tweets a collection of figures of characters planned to be playable in Smash Bros., it's not exactly like we're reading anything wrong from it. Whether you want to agree or not, the fact remains that every one of those characters were playable, Dark Pit included. You can't tell me he couldn't have had a Mario figure he could have used instead.

Are you ****ing dense?

Look at them. They are not ports. You are literally making things up. If you're going to lie just to prove your point, clearly you've no grounds to argue in the first place.

You're making a straw-man argument in saying that because more people play Mario spin-offs that they consider Donkey Kong to be one, which is a completely false statement. Until you give factual information on this--as in, a citation--I don't want to hear it.

Source, eh? This should suffice.
Reception section of Super Metroid on Wikipedia said:
Struggling against more commercially popular games, such as Donkey Kong Country in 1994, along with the launch of the PlayStation and Sega Saturn video game consoles, Super Metroid sold poorly in Japan.[15] With the help of strong marketing from Nintendo, Super Metroid sold better in North America and Europe,[15] and a year after its release, Nintendo placed it on their Player's Choice marketing label due to its critical success.[29]
And before you go knocking that anything can be made up on Wikipedia, the section has a citation to back up the fact that, while it did poorly in Japan, it was successful in the West. Even when we get past sales, there's an entire section devoted to how the game was critically acclaimed in terms of its actual rating and received various awards, meaning it's genuinely liked as a game and not simply a game with a surplus of sales the way New Super Mario Bros. is.

Start providing actual evidence to your claims. If you're going to go as far as to say that Dark Pit is some gospel figure that deserved to be in the game way before DK, Metroid, or Star Fox receive any attention at all in the new Smash Bros., you're damn well going to back it up with evidence. You're crass to the fans of the other series otherwise and a fool for speaking out of line. I'm not saying Kid Icarus shouldn't have had anything good for it in this Smash Bros., so you can stop getting into this like your fandom's pride is at stake. What I am saying is that for what Kid Icarus got while other series were neglected, there was definitely tangible bias during development. If that's seriously that traumatizing for you to hear, then welcome to reality, where Donkey Kong and Metroid receive no new content, Star Fox and EarthBound get cut characters, and Kid Icarus receives oodles of new content for having one new game.

To anyone else tired of seeing this argument that has vastly pivoted away from the topic of Dark Pit, which I'm sure there are many of us right now, I apologize. As a DK, Metroid, Star Fox, and EarthBound fan all at once, I feel it's not right to be told that Kid Icarus: Uprising alone deserves more attention than all of those series combined (which from the amount of Kid Icarus content we've received in Smash 3DS is not even an exaggeration) and that Dark Pit deserves a spot more than actual content from any of the aforementioned series. This comes from the part of the Kid Icarus fanbase that will rub salt in the wound that many of us are suffering. If LancerStaff would cease to continue these arguments, I would gladly follow in doing so.

Last edited:

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
Considering Sakurai added a lot of clone characters back in Melee, I don't see any problem giving Dark Pit a slot for Smash 4.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
My frustrations with Dark Pit are very similar to the ones with Toon Link: why in God's good name is he not being used to represent a huge variety of different weapons? Both Toon Link and Dark Pit come from universes where they could easily have 2-3 different moveset selections worth in weapons and attacks to work with and instead we get no effort clones in the process. It's not the principle of adding clones, but recklessly wasting great potential.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Considering Sakurai added a lot of clone characters back in Melee, I don't see any problem giving Dark Pit a slot for Smash 4.
because we should be past that by now, and the fact that dark pit had only been in one game in a series what has two other games, and also he only exists because he was a popular palette swap in bralw, same goes for uprising existing, because pit was popular in brawl

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
When he tweets a collection of figures of characters planned to be playable in Smash Bros., it's not exactly like we're reading anything wrong from it. Whether you want to agree or not, the fact remains that every one of those characters were playable, Dark Pit included. You can't tell me he couldn't have had a Mario figure he could have used instead.

Are you ****ing dense?

Look at them. They are not ports. You are literally making things up. If you're going to lie just to prove your point, clearly you've no grounds to argue in the first place.

You're making a straw-man argument in saying that because more people play Mario spin-offs that they consider Donkey Kong to be one, which is a completely false statement. Until you give factual information on this--as in, a citation--I don't want to hear it.

And before you go knocking that anything can be made up on Wikipedia, the section has a citation to back up the fact that, while it did poorly in Japan, it was successful in the West. Even when we get past sales, there's an entire section devoted to how the game was critically acclaimed in terms of its actual rating and received various awards, meaning it's genuinely liked as a game and not simply a game with a surplus of sales the way New Super Mario Bros. is.

Start providing actual evidence to your claims. If you're going to go as far as to say that Dark Pit is some gospel figure that deserved to be in the game way before DK, Metroid, or Star Fox receive any attention at all in the new Smash Bros., you're damn well going to back it up with evidence. You're crass to the fans of the other series otherwise and a fool for speaking out of line. I'm not saying Kid Icarus shouldn't have had anything good for it in this Smash Bros., so you can stop getting into this like your fandom's pride is at stake. What I am saying is that for what Kid Icarus got while other series were neglected, there was definitely tangible bias during development. If that's seriously that traumatizing for you to hear, then welcome to reality, where Donkey Kong and Metroid receive no new content, Star Fox and EarthBound get cut characters, and Kid Icarus receives oodles of new content for having one new game.

To anyone else tired of seeing this argument that has vastly pivoted away from the topic of Dark Pit, which I'm sure there are many of us right now, I apologize. As a DK, Metroid, Star Fox, and EarthBound fan all at once, I feel it's not right to be told that Kid Icarus: Uprising alone deserves more attention than all of those series combined (which from the amount of Kid Icarus content we've received in Smash 3DS is not even an exaggeration) and that Dark Pit deserves a spot more than actual content from any of the aforementioned series. This comes from the part of the Kid Icarus fanbase that will rub salt in the wound that many of us are suffering. If LancerStaff would cease to continue these arguments, I would gladly follow in doing so.
I don't think I've ever seen so much Red Bulborb in one post. It's glorious.

But yes. As a diehard Pikmin fan, I can confirm that the Bulborb model is not ported, though it does use the Pikmin 2 design rather than the Pikmin 3 design for some reason.

I also agree with your points. I'm tired of DK, Metroid, Star Fox, EarthBound, and Pikmin getting shafted in favor of tons of Kid Icarus content. Nobody can tell me that EarthBound and Pikmin don't have TONS of potential Smash Run enemies, or that DK or Metroid don't deserve more characters.

But nope we get hardly any new DK or Metroid content. We get cut characters from Star Fox and EarthBound. We get a fricking Iridescent Glint Beetle for a Smash Run enemy. They didn't even bother to give Olimar and Alph their voices either. Speaking of which, I'll reiterate that Alph should have had a slot long before Dark Pit did.

At least nobody can tell me that Pikmin can't get a second character now.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

Are you ****ing dense?

Still reading too much into a silly picture...
Besides, Sakurai knew he'd be in some way. If you're going to keep insisting on thinking too hard on this, the very first thing he would of thought of was how to include DP. Perhaps he thought that he could be a clone if he had enough time? Basically every KI fan has thought this.

The Kid Icarus: Uprising enemies were ported over. Pikmin doesn't even have ATs, last I checked.

That's back in DK's heyday, not now. Since then, he's been in nearly every Mario spin-off. Heck, he's a spin-off of Mario, to the point where Mario is referenced throughout the series.

Hm, I need to investigate my sources, but I won't argue this any longer.

Anime-ish characters with swords, emo optional, are infinitely more popular then reptiles and monkeys. I'll say it again, SSB is about bringing characters everybody will play, not just the super-fans. FE got it's hold in USA by these principles, remember?

Beaten every DKC game, gotten every puzzle piece in the new ones. 191% in DKCR, 150ish% in DKCTF.
Earthbound? Eh... Not keen on RPGs.
Beaten every Starfox, have all but two medals in 64.
Beaten every Metroid, Trilogy three times, Fuision twice, ZM three times and Super over twenty times. Super is one of my all-time favorites.

You can't say I'm not a fan of these things.

because we should be past that by now, and the fact that dark pit had only been in one game in a series what has two other games, and also he only exists because he was a popular palette swap in bralw, same goes for uprising existing, because pit was popular in brawl
We can't ever get past clones. Clones are just filler, added because a real character would take too much of the time left in development. The next SSB will add two or three clones, count on it.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I find Dark Pit to be one of the more questionable additions to the roster, even if he hardly took any development time.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Personally, I have always been open to the idea of Dark Pit being playable in Smash 4, be it either as a clone or a whole new character. That said, I'm not all that bothered by his inclusion. I look forward to seeing how differently he plays from Pit.

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
Yo the salt here is REAL. Geez people, calm yo butts down and just play Smash with who ya love. Use DP as a sand bag or whatev's but don't rain on everyone elses fun with the characters people wanted. No way to please everyone, accept what ya got or bounce.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Yo the salt here is REAL. Geez people, calm yo butts down and just play Smash with who ya love. Use DP as a sand bag or whatev's but don't rain on everyone elses fun with the characters people wanted. No way to please everyone, accept what ya got or bounce.
play with who i love? wolf was cut!

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Wolf probably wasn't the only character you liked...
That, and Wolf lives on in Fox's customs. Fox flash is awesome since it doesn't put you into special fall.
he was the only main i was serious about, and now just being customs moves is like being kicked when you are down,

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I think a lot of people just hate on clones because they think that a bunch of development time was used on them, but really, making 6 clones is probably still less than the amount of time it takes to make one original character, so it's not like any of these clones "wasted" potential slots that could have had characters like Ridley or something.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Better then nothing, the way I see it. Besides, isn't there anybody else who you're interested in?
out of the newcomers, no one who i would play in a competitive match, out of the veterans zelda but she looks low tier, ness he is looks good

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
How come Donkey Kong and Metroid (two large Nintendo franchises) get two characters while a series with only one game in the last 20 years gets 3 characters?

If you are going to do a straight up clone, then how about Funky Kong clone of DK. DK series doesn't get the respect it deserves. I think I know why, it was originally thought up by Rare and not Nintendo. Nintendo is so arrogant they won't give credit to Rare's creation.

DK Tropical Freeze made more money for Nintendo alone than the entire Kid Icarus series.
Actually, Donkey Kong as a character is all Miyamoto. The Donkey Kong Country series was Rare's idea though, I think.

Can I ask a few questions to the people who arent happy with Dark Pit's inclusion?

1. Do you think Dark Pit should have been just an alternate costume for Pit or should he have been a completely unique character?
I'd at least like him to be a unique character. If not that, than he should have just stayed as a Pit alt.

2. Do you think his inclusion reflects Sakurai's bias towards his own games? If you do, what other examples of favoritism can you list?
Maybe not entirely, but I am getting the vibe of bias on Sakurai's part. As people have pointed out already, there is quite a bit of content in the new Smash from an IP that only has 3 games and was also all but dead until a couple of years ago. It's not like the case with Kirby content, since there are plenty of Kirby games to use for things in Smash.

3. Do you believe the reasons for adding Dark Pit to the roster where different from Lucina and Dr. Mario? If so, what do you believe where those reasons?
They seem to be different, yeah. Especially when it's been pointed out that Dark Pit may very well have been planned earlier in development than Lucina and Dr. Mario. Make's his straight-up clone status even more questionable tbh.

4. If Dark Pit wasnt part of the roster what do you think could have been different in this game?
It would be a small amount of time that could have been spent just polishing up anything that could do with it, I suppose.

5. Outside of Smash, do you like Dark Pit as a character?
Never played Uprising, so no comment. lol

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
He's really not aesthetically different enough to justify his inclusion as a clone. I was hoping he'd use his sniper rifle. At this stage he looks like a palette swap with a different voice actor. Why bother?
Actually it is the same voice actor that does Pit (Anthony Del Rio) but doing a deeper more serious voice

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Am I happy?
AM I HAPPY?
I'll tell you how happy I am: The roster would literally be better if Dark Pit was removed and not replaced with anybody. That is how bad an inclusion dark pit is. He is worse than nothing.

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, we should get used to seeing clone characters for future Smash. But yeah, I was surprised how Dark Pit started out as a palette swap for Pit in Brawl to being a playable character for Smash 4. Sakurai sure know how to surprise his fans.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Yeah, we should get used to seeing clone characters for future Smash. But yeah, I was surprised how Dark Pit started out as a palette swap for Pit in Brawl to being a playable character for Smash 4. Sakurai sure know how to surprise his fans.
by i mean past it handle clone like they did in brawl,

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
I give my honest opinion:

DARK PIT AS A CHARACTER (CHARACTER WISE): DISLIKE
The simplest answer is why even include him? The general idea of it angers me a little knowing so. I know we had clones of characters in melee but you think that they would learn form there mistakes and make full characters instead, you know? with it I feel as though it ripped me out of a good character, or a more deserving character at least. But... not second pit. Not this early at least.

DARK PITAS A CLONE (GAMEPLAY WISE): GREAT
I love the idea of another way to play as a character. Lucina intrigued me when she first came out. Another Marth without tipping? Great! I loved Marth's moves but I hatted tipping properly, more so when it was just for fun. The same sort of thing goes with dark pit. I really like the idea of a strong but slower pit due to the fact that I liked pit but I preferred a stronger character instead. There is a good possibility that I might main dark pit, but I would be fine if he just left next smash.

Requiem Strider

Smash Rookie
NNID
Requiem_Strider
3DS FC
0044-3073-6859
I don't see his inclusion being a matter of bias. From a business standpoint, it would be easier for Sakurai to add content from a series that he's heavily involved with, since he doesn't have to deal with all that licensing and legal jargon. It would require little time and effort to add ANY Kid Icarus: Uprising content, not just Dark Pit. This is just a theory of mine. If it's true, then I see little to no reason to ever consider Dark Pit to be replacing anyone. Any KI:U content is an addition, not a replacement. I would agree that having too much of it would seem unpractical. Personally, Dark Pit's inclusion upsets me, why? As many have said here, he had a shot of being an unique character but wasn't...which is kind of ironic considering the somewhat vast content of Uprising. Dark Pit being a clone or not was fated to be a lose/lose situation in my eyes:

If he had an unique moveset, people would label this as bias and having too much development time that could be used for something else.

Seeing that he IS a clone, people would and are questioning as to why, although some might argue that this is justified.

All in all, I see Dark Pit as a bonus for the people that are a fans of him.

Pokemon-master

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fadi
3DS FC
0791-2291-3156
you know i could stand here and nag about how much i despise clones in general but every chance i got i just nagged on the same things that i have nagged on for the past week i could say how i despise the ideas of clones over costumes but no im just going to sum up all my feelings about dark pit doc Mario and clones all in general in one meme all my hate i have bottled in i guess i just have to just let it go :troll:
........im sorry

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Despite the fact that Dark Pit feels like a lazy made clone, Im not mad at all (Ignore the angry Sailor Mars avatar), because is still an addition to the roster and that's better than nothing, also like Mewtwo or Ridley, Dark Pit has his fanbase (even in Japanese surveys, he was a highly requested character) and we should respect that. In the end many people will find themselves playing as him for many reasons, curiosity, obvious diferences like being stronger than Pit, and the most important, personal taste: for example, a friend of mine got mad because no Mewtwo, but he really dislikes Pit and he will use his Dark Counterpart just to beat him so like him, many of us (hopefully) may find good or great the inclusion of DP; because despite we may not get the things we wanted, we can find the bright side on the things we got. So Yes, Im happy because he's another character I can use and experiment.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Am I happy?
AM I HAPPY?
I'll tell you how happy I am: The roster would literally be better if Dark Pit was removed and not replaced with anybody. That is how bad an inclusion dark pit is. He is worse than nothing.
People said the same thing about Wolf and ROB, remember? Pretty clearly people warmed up to them, and will to DP also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom