• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you doing anything special for Smash 4's Wii U launch?

What are you doing for Smash for Wii U launch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
There may have been a thread on this already but I don't see any active.

When the game comes out here I have a huge party planned at my place for all my friends to show up whenever and we'll just pass around controllers, eat snacks, drink soda and play Smash all day. I'm getting the day off specifically to unwind and have fun with the new game.

There wasn't anything exactly like that from any of my friends when Brawl came out, but I would go over to a bunch of friends' houses and we'd play a lot, usually 3-4 people always playing at a time. From the looks of things though that 8-Player Smash will be putting in work because I think there's going to be a lot of people showing up to the event I'm doing.

Is anyone else here planning some special thing for Smash 4 Wii U? Or are you going to just do something small for it?

MrBond

Smash Cadet
I plan on getting it at midnight along with the adapter, because Gamestop "can't take anymore pre-orders". I'm just going to play it for a few hours after I get it with my brother and sister. I'll probably play until 2:30-3ish like I did with Smash3DS since I have 11 am class on Fridays.

I'm going to really have to wait until Thanksgiving to play the game since I'll have a midterm the on Monday the 24th (my birthday :D) and will have to study for it.

wmo_

Smash Cadet
buying a new TV for smash. 55" at least. going to be mad hype

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
buying a new TV for smash. 55" at least. going to be mad hype
Ahhh, wish I had money for that. Unfortunately my last pair of glasses broke right at the most inconvenient of times, but at least I got fancy new Ray Bans to replace the old garbage tier glasses I had before.

Might get a new TV when taxes come in in a few months.

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
Probably working till I get home to play it, but i'll have the next day off and the day after!! ^_^

wmo_

Smash Cadet
Ahhh, wish I had money for that. Unfortunately my last pair of glasses broke right at the most inconvenient of times, but at least I got fancy new Ray Bans to replace the old garbage tier glasses I had before.

Might get a new TV when taxes come in in a few months.
credit card. money you don't have + reckless buying decision = new tv

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well you see, first, I am going to...play the game. ¦D

Smartalecks aside, if I can plan it just right, I'm gonna keep calm, party hard and Smash all night long with my friends. It's gonna be a grand ol' time. <3

And if not, I'll just relax and play it on my own in peace.

Win-Win.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
credit card. money you don't have + reckless buying decision = new tv
Oh I dislike having to pay back debts. If I don't actually have the money myself, I refused to spend anything lol

Deadlybroth

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rngo1214
3DS FC
3265-5101-5866
I plan on getting it at midnight along with the adapter, because Gamestop "can't take anymore pre-orders". I'm just going to play it for a few hours after I get it with my brother and sister. I'll probably play until 2:30-3ish like I did with Smash3DS since I have 11 am class on Fridays.

I'm going to really have to wait until Thanksgiving to play the game since I'll have a midterm the on Monday the 24th (my birthday :D) and will have to study for it.
Doesn't the adapter come out in December or something?

Zurangatang

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zurangatang
Gamestop and bestbuy were out of the bundle but I was able to preorder the adapter, game, and controller for the 21st and it was only 10 more expensive than the bundle.

MrBond

Smash Cadet
Uh...I hope not. I called Gamestop numerous times and they said I could preorder the adapter as well as the regular game. I think I can buy them both at midnight, but I'll probably ask them again when I go and pre order the game there.

Edit: http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-gamecube-adapter/115426
The gamestop website shows an 11-21-14 release date for the adapter.

What really bugs me is when my preordered gamecube smash controller from Amazon will ship...

Last edited:

Deadlybroth

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rngo1214
3DS FC
3265-5101-5866
Gamestop and bestbuy were out of the bundle but I was able to preorder the adapter, game, and controller for the 21st and it was only 10 more expensive than the bundle.
Huh, I guess I'm a little out of date then. I've been looking at the Amazon release dates the whole time.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
I'm doing something else and that something else will hold me from playing the game for a few days, that's why I'm hoping for a midnight launch where I live so I will at least be able to play it for a few hours.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Huh, I guess I'm a little out of date then. I've been looking at the Amazon release dates the whole time.
Amazon usually uses placeholder dates until it's 100% informed that a given date is definitely when it'll be available. It happens with a lot of stuff, actually.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
The majority of the release day will be spent waiting for it to come to my door, but since I have a class that day it isn't that bad anyway. I will return home to probably find it sitting in my mailbox, in which I'll probably squeal like a cheerleader as I pull it out and then awkwardly look around me to see if anyone from my building saw me. I'll then run upstairs to my condo like a bat out of Hell, order a few pizzas, call some friends over and play Friday / Saturday night away.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
First, I'm gonna buy Smash Bros. Then, I'm gonna play Smash Bros.

Unfortunately, in between those two things I have a 10-12 hour car ride ahead of me as we drive to my girlfriend's parents' house for Thanksgiving break.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice

The main reason they can't take anymore preorders is because Nintendo sends them a certain amount of them, usually being the amount of pre-orders they have plus a few more.

On-topic: I will be bringing a minivan to gamestop and have Melee and possibly brawl and PM in the back with a CRT and Wii.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
I have set the 6th December aside to play the game hard all day. Not sure if I'll get it at midnight or 9 am.
I won go much on this site that day, because I'll say "wow I just got this game it's amazing" if I did g on here that day. And I'd get 50 replies to my post all saying "Please, we've had the game in NA for two weeks already, it's so ancient now"

And some time of that day I'll have a good look at the printed game guide I bought as well.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm going to a midnight launch at my favorite Gamestop. Corporate told them not to but they're doing it anyway.

After that I dunno . I took the 21st off do I don't have to get to bed at a semi reasonable hour like I did with Smash 3ds

I'll see if I have any friends

Spirst

I'll be playing Smash non-stop until at least the Spring when I start thinking of doing other things. However, Mewtwo drops at that time so I'll be back into it until I die of exhaustion.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Pre-ordered an adapter and two GC controllers on Amazon with Prime, anyone know how Amazon handles pre-orders? My friend said he got Hyrule Warriors on release day so I'm hoping it comes on time.

OT: Having a party at my place with some of my closest college buddies, was planning on taking a shot every time I die, haha.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Play 8 player Smash until I'm too exhausted lol. Just gotta enjoy the simple things.

Last edited:

Lustersold

Smash Rookie
Eat cheetos and drink mtn dew lol. For real though I'm playing it all night and trying every stage.

Last edited:

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
I'll be going to the store early to pick up some amiibos before they're bought out, and then go home and wait for my Samus amiibo and adapter to come in the mail. Then all that's left to do is wait and cry until I get Smash Wii U for Christmas. :p

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
I planned party on the 22nd of November. I have a 55" LED, 6 GC controllers, 1 Wii U Pro Controller, a classic controller, and I will also be using my Yeti Blue mic with my Elgato HD capture card to upload our fun times onto Youtube. I plan on ordering pizzas with the pepperoni laid out like the smash symbol.

I'm not joking, I'm this psyched for Smash!

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I'm in Europe so it comes out Dec 5 but I will be in school when the post comes and I know for a fact it's going to be taken and wrapped up for my birthday (Dec 19), so I have to wait longer for my super smash party.

Also I have a GCN adapter for only one controller but I might not even use it because I always played brawl with wiimote+nunchuk (I'm just so used to it, and so is my main friend I play it with). That being said, now that I've been playing the 3ds version, which is shaped more like a controller, I might end up using the GCN controller.

(But more likely the game pad, as the buttons are similar).

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I just bough a 40" flat screen and put in a wall of my room, I've got huge speakers as well, I invited around 7-8 people !
8 player smash oh ma gaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I won't be getting the game 'till Christmas morning, but on Christmas Eve, I'll be playing Brawl and Smash 3DS non-stop.

MrBond

Smash Cadet
The main reason they can't take anymore preorders is because Nintendo sends them a certain amount of them, usually being the amount of pre-orders they have plus a few more.

On-topic: I will be bringing a minivan to gamestop and have Melee and possibly brawl and PM in the back with a CRT and Wii.
Yeah, I had to hear this a few times when I called several different gamestops. I was told I would have to wait until release day to see if they'll be getting any more bundles. I don't want to wait, so I'll just get the game and adapter...and if I'm crazy enough I'll look for the bundle box on ebay xD

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
A group of friends, my girlfriend, and I will be going to the midnight launch, then all heading over to one of my friends houses to play for a couple hours until his dad has enough of our screaming.

Then part separate ways and I shall go home and play alone so my parents can deal with my screaming.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I might be moving around that time so I might not even be playing until everything is settled.

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
I will be playing Smash for the 3DS, watch all the characters revealed trailers, play other games, mess around on the webs, and sleep.

Livelongdienever

Smash Rookie
I'm having a party with my friends. We're doing a Smash Brothers of the Ages Tournament, starting with 64 and ending with Wii U

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
On the week of the game's launch, I will do everything I can to ensure that I have no responsibilities to tend to during the weekend. Once Friday comes and I get out of school for the weekend, I will play it extensively. If it does not involve Smash, I probably won't care about it (besides food, water, and whatever else I need to stay alive). Heck, I'm not sure if I'll even use the forums or some other sites. I'll probably practice a whole lot, go on For Glory for a while, and try out as many modes as I can.
After that day, I'll be having a Smash party with some friends. It'll be pretty fun, especially now that there's 8-Player Smash.
I also can't wait to 1v1 a friend of mine. He thinks he can beat me without a problem. :laugh:

Top Bottom