• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you doing anything special for Smash 4's Wii U launch?

What are you doing for Smash for Wii U launch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I plan to pick up my copy of SSBWiiU at my local Gamestop's midnight launch event, and then race home to play on-line until I pass out from exhaustion four or five hours later.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
I'll be going to a midnight release with one of my coworkers. After the game is in our hands, we plan on playing it until sunrise, at which point a power-nap will be had... just a few hours until we continue gaming!

And since I've been riding the hype train really hard, I've taken Friday off from work. :chuckle:

Lastly, I don't have a TV at home, but I do have this projector setup. Smash Wii U on a 110'' screen... I can barely contain myself!

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
You could literally play Smash 4 outside if you hooked it up for the greatest cookout gaming get together ever. Projectors. So good.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'll be downloading it quietly at around 10PM MST on the e-shop, order a pizza, various junk food and pop, and once it done downloading, play the crap out of it until I rather exhausted. Once I wake up, eat, Smash, take necessary bathroom breaks and repeat throughout the entire day. Then, during launch day night, I'm having a bunch of friends over and hosting a Smash Bros. Wii U Tourney/Party and probably play for a good 4 hours straight more or less. It's going to be one heck of a day! ^o^

Roy115

Smash Cadet
I planned party on the 22nd of November. I have a 55" LED, 6 GC controllers, 1 Wii U Pro Controller, a classic controller, and I will also be using my Yeti Blue mic with my Elgato HD capture card to upload our fun times onto Youtube. I plan on ordering pizzas with the pepperoni laid out like the smash symbol.

I'm not joking, I'm this psyched for Smash!
Jeez! I wish I could be invited to that party! sounds fun! XD

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
All these people throwing parties, man wish I could go to/ throw one.

It's just going to be me and my amiibo...

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
:disco: Turning UP and party with SUPER SMASH BROTHEEEEEEEEEERS :disco:

Not planned yet but im the only Wii U owner among everyone I know, sooo yeah. Ill plan it closer to release. Food, drink, music, and most importantly SMASHING! Nothing more, nothing less. Everyone is invited, come party if your in central Ohio! :kirby:

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Man, I already have this planed. My friends and I decided to get together at another friend's house and play some smash on his 63 in flat screen tv with speakers. That day is going to be magical. It's what we'll be doing for the rest of the weekend.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I'll go over with my best friend to play all evening, then we'll go for some beers, some tacos and some clubbing.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
Taking the day off from work. Picking it up at midnight. Will sleep Sunday night.

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
I don't know about you guys, but I have my priorities straight! I bought a 55" TV in preparation for this day, I'm gonna have several friends and coworkers over for this glorious event and we are gonna play until we can't anymore.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Assuming my local Gamestop has the midnight launch they promised, I will be picking it up there, heading to a friend's apartment and playing Smash until my eyes bleed, or Saturday morning arrives, in which case I need to prepare for work. Either way its a solid 12 hours of Smash or so with some good friends, it will be a blast.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
All these parties...I wish I could to them~ Unfortunately, I live in the UK, in a very secluded place where nobody else has a Wii U or Smash...darnit.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
Everyone's buying new TVs... is there no love for projection setups? I'm telling you: Once you use a quality projector for gaming, you'll never go back to anything else! :denzel:

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
I'll be playing Advanced Warfare.......pfffft LOL

Seriously though, thanks to 3rd shift, I'll be sleeping when it arrives in the mail from Amazon. On the bright side, that will mean I get to bypass the agonizing wait for the mail to show up. Once I wake up I plan on probably falling to refrain myself from making a fool of myself by cheering and dancing and just generally making my family very uncomfortable. After which I'll tell them not to judge me and retire to my room to enjoy my game.

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
Gonna get some food and enjoy the game with family and friends and alot of online matches can't wait.

the8thark

Smash Lord
All these people throwing parties, man wish I could go to/ throw one.

It's just going to be me and my amiibo...
That's amazing too. Just let everyone know you're busy that day so they will not call you up for like 2 hours and not let you play the game. Also buy some fancy snacks. (I like to premake some healthy and fancy sandwiches on multigrain bread and fridge the night before so they are ready). Then you can have the entire day to Smash and have fun.

Also remember to get to your game selling store a little in advance. The reason is so you can that to other Smash fans and soak up the atmosphere. Even if there's no store smash event and it's just the 3 of you talking smash before you pick up your copy of the game, that's still cool.

Top Bottom