• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

April Fools! - Turbo Mode Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
He was a punching bag in all three scenes in which he appeared in the trailer. :ohwell:
That's because he was testing the others. It's like in Soul Calibur where you fight Edge Master or Olcadan and practice your moves on them until you get their approval.

Fox is the Edge Master.

Meta will be the Olcadan whenever he decides to stop haunting Simon Cowell.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
This turbo mode sounds pretty damn awesome. It's like Bowser is going to be even better in this mode than he already is.

AncientPancakes

Smash Cadet
Please do everything in your power to bring this mode to the wifi version of 3.0. Luckily for my group of friends, crew mode and stage striking don't matter much to us, but turbo mode would definitely make us ask the question of "Turbo mode or replays?".

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Crap bowser is going to screw us all over.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
As fast as you can mash your face on your controller.

Or your fingers, if you're into that.
I see, i wonder which button will be used for canceling? L prehhaps?
ur prob gonna come up with 90 percent of the wario combos lolz.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
The attacks automatically can cancel into one another on hit/shield. There is an intended limitation though where you can't use the same attack twice in succession.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The attacks automatically can cancel into one another on hit/shield. There is an intended limitation though where you can't use the same attack twice in succession.
Is the video using an older version before the successive move limitation was added?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
No, the only clip where the same move was used multiple times was the Luigi clip, where the entire duration of the move was waited out before using a second nair. Exactly how you would normally combo nair->nair.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
So....can the turbo mode code be one of those freebie code releases like IE's Audio Fade? I mean I know how much you guys hate discussion about codesets other than P:M, but obviously this little shenanigan isn't intended to be anything close to a competitive environment, so I don't think it'd actually contribute to the goal of a well-made competitive game... therefore I'm requesting that you guys release at least this code since it's going to be a year or two until the main part of the project actually gets completed.

Magus420

Smash Master
It's not really a standalone code. For one it relies on writing to and reading from variables that don't normally exist outside of PM, and would instead write to random places in memory most likely causing freezes for more than a few characters. There's also a good amount of coding in character pacs involved for specials and articles to work properly with it.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
No, the only clip where the same move was used multiple times was the Luigi clip, where the entire duration of the move was waited out before using a second nair. Exactly how you would normally combo nair->nair.
I'm pretty positive that Luigi jump cancelled the first nair, which would automatically render him able to use nair again since it's not a successive action. This particular action is pretty close to actual traditional fighting game BnB. Namely the ones that feature double jumps and air dashes.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
It's not really a standalone code. For one it relies on writing to and reading from variables that don't normally exist outside of PM, and would instead write to random places in memory most likely causing freezes for more than a few characters. There's also a good amount of coding in character pacs involved for specials and articles to work properly with it.

So it's way different from the General Super Code?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Biggest difference is that you can't cancel any action with any other action. It's on-hit only and you have to use a move different from the one that landed the hit. Of course, you can still abuse some similar momentum tricks that you could with GSC (very noticeable in Luigi and Marth's combo).

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
I wonder how peach combos will work..........
Ya know, considering as how she won't really be able to attack after double jump cause she will end up double jump canceling and being sent back to the ground.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Well it definately sounds like something to look foward to don't get me wrong :)

MVP

Smash Ace
with this mode.... Smash will become the greatest fighting game of all time...

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
If the rest of the FGC will even consider it a fighting game ;_;
Maybe @ nxt Evo we can at least turn some heads with hype!

hamyojo

Smash Ace
I just realize how crazy a desynced Ice Climbers could be with this mode.
Good god.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
What IS the possibility of there being a brand spanking new character in this thing?
Is PMBR THAT good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom