• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

April Fools! - Turbo Mode Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeros

Smash Cadet
My favorite part is everybody thinks we are joking.

If you are indeed telling the truth about PM: 3.0, whoever made the call to release the teaser on April Fool's Day is ******** xD I for one am not taking any sides on this one. If PM: 3.0 actually goes this direction it would be "Interesting" but would end up feeling like Marvel vs Capcom xD and It would be a completely different game so it can lose a lot of popularity with those of us that like the unique quirky antics that are 'Smash'. I must admit tho, I got a hard on watching Marth do an Omni-Slash at the end there xD

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
This was, by far, my most favorite April Fool's joke. The TF2 Blog one was pretty funny and very entertaining, and the Minecraft one was... Interesting, though a bit too obvious. But they don't compare to this. I was in tears by the end of the P:M 3.0 teaser.

Well played, Project: M team. :grin:

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
Oh man the sonic stratages i can use with this speed well lets just say that i have Endless Posibilitys
ok that was a bad pun

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
They're telling the truth about it being real; it'll be a mode in the next demo. It's on the P:M main site.

Project M

Shared Account

Hello everyone! We hope you all enjoyed our April Fools video, but we're back for real with an exciting announcement:

Turbo Mode is real! This mode will be featured in our next public release of Project M as a new mode selected from the "Special Brawl" menu. This mode, inspired by the popular "Melee Impossible" video, is now a playable reality that gives players the ability to cancel all moves on-hit and upon-shield. As you saw yesterday, this allows for combos so intense, you might say they're TURBO!

However, you'll have to stay creative: Canceling into the same move repeatedly does not work, so be sure to mix up your moves as much as possible to keep up the offensive pressure! Although there's still a few minor details we're working on to complete it, we hope you'll enjoy it as much as we have so far.

Time to go fast!

We hope you enjoyed our little preview of what is to come! To be clear, the PMBR still has quite a bit of work to do before our next public release gets announced, but be sure to follow us on all of our social media outlets to stay updated with the development of Project M!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

And I think that says it all for me and many others. ¦D

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Woah! It's for real! You weren't kidding when you said "My favorite part is everybody thinks we are joking."

Does that mean that Pichu is also real? :O

P.S. Gotta love that Super-Saiyan esque golden aura surrounding Mario when you select Turbo mode. :D

Project M

Shared Account
Woah! It's for real! You weren't kidding when you said "My favorite part is everybody thinks we are joking."

Does that mean that Pichu is also real? :O
No, it's part of the April Fools joke. We hope you enjoyed it though!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This....this is the most glorious news. Ever.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Definitely enjoyed it. I was scared at first that it would become the main Project:M, but since it's an extra mode, I'm all for it!

Now I got this song stuck to my head.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
this seems awesome. Now question though considering I really have never really played around with the special stuff before will this have any affect on regular matches or is it only for *Special Brawl Menu* just wondering is all. Like what I mean is when this is released in 3.0 will I still be able to do regular matches?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Of course you will. Special Brawl is a separate mode whose records have no effect on the normal mode.

...I'm surprised that someone is even asking this. It's not like it's hidden anywhere on the menu screen. o_o

Rat

Smash Lord
Great job with the video and annoucement. =)
Esp the video. That turned out fantastic.

Personally thought the Marth combo was the stupid, but lots of people seem to love it. lol.
My two favorite combos were D3 and Bowser on Green hill.

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
O.K, I'm excited. This will make for the most hilarious friendlies ever. And yay! Now any character can do what Lucario does! What has science created?

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
sorry for the above post my little brother got ahold onto my account and posted :( so that wasnt me. -.-

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
One question remains, exactly how possible will these supposedly impossible combos be?

Kati

Smash Lord
Fantastic news! Would taking 1% like in the melee impossible be considered so as to have a count meter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom