• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

April 18th Waco Tournament Brawl+!! (Official Waco Brawl Thread)

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Why is your signature "cool name bobby"?? xD

I think I'm gonna make the waco tournament a monthly thing. may will be alpha-1 june will be beta-2, etc etc. cause I couldn't think of a better name.

In the Fray

Smash Apprentice
Hey shiken, i want to go to the tournament with you tomorrow definitely. Im going to stay the night over at Andrews ( Sojr ) Thats the guy that stays on 30th and bosque. (White house next to the funitare shop ) So if you could just swing by their on your way out ill be waiting. Thanks, also ill try to give you a call tonight too if i can just to re inform you.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
First, Second, Third, We Took Em All We Even Money Matched Them Till They Had Nothing Left To Bet But Their Shoes, And We Took Them Too!!!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Anyone in Waco wanna MM sometime? I wouldn't mind some extra spending cash :p

pogo

Smash Apprentice
i'll play tadeo..i have played a few times with friends...and items and everything..the game is kinda fun in a mario party sorta way. im pretty sure my olimar will destroy you.

In the Fray

Smash Apprentice
Anyone in Waco wanna MM sometime? I wouldn't mind some extra spending cash :p
Im up for a money match, anytime anywhere.

any one wanna play this weekend?
Im up for playing this weekend.

i'll play tadeo..i have played a few times with friends...and items and everything..the game is kinda fun in a mario party sorta way. im pretty sure my olimar will destroy you.
Um where do you guys want to play at ? I may need a ride, if shiken goes maybe i can ride with him.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
So has someone planned something for this weekend? Cause I wouldn't mind playing a few more different people/beating Tadeo's god forsaken Snake :)

adiverrdescends

Smash Apprentice
i'll be just recently returned to home, unless a friend from home wants to drive back to waco to play the tourny so i'll let you know as it gets closer

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
..... Get out :)
It's sad how even the Waco thread gets spam. It's not like this is one of the most visited threads or anything.
Altf4 is my buddy :p
Shiken did you succeed in getting a venue for the tournament/s?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Shiken are you gonna ban any infinites or chain grabs at the tournament? TGM banned the IC chain grab in the houston thread (he organizes most of the big Texas tournaments so this is huge) and I personally hope you won't ban it for Waco.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
lol what did that ban post say ?
I'd like to know as well, lol.

You've got it advertised as the 17th on here and the 18th on the other site. Which is it dude? If it's on Sunday (18th) I can make it, but if it's on the 17th then not so much.
the 18th.

Shiken are you gonna ban any infinites or chain grabs at the tournament? TGM banned the IC chain grab in the houston thread (he organizes most of the big Texas tournaments so this is huge) and I personally hope you won't ban it for Waco.
see the rule addition on the tournament page. this should appease both the user and receiver of infinites without hurting either party too badly.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
The post I edited was just the same message he posted (something like "down with altf4, viva la rebellion") only in this topic he typed it about 300 times in the same post, making the post really long and disruptive.

In the Fray

Smash Apprentice
The post I edited was just the same message he posted (something like "down with altf4, viva la rebellion") only in this topic he typed it about 300 times in the same post, making the post really long and disruptive.
lol oh I see.

@ Shiken, I vote we ban any infinite grabs. I think you should let waco vote as a group for our rule set when comes to things like infinites. Instead of trying to do a set limit. Because once they reach the limit they will just break the grab and do it all over again the next chance they get. And I dont want anyone having any unfair avantages the only waco members who really profit from infinite are you and bobby.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Actually if you think about it I benefit tons more from it than Shiken. His Dedede can only infinite chain grab 5 characters without a wall and IDK of any Waco players that main Samus, Mario, Luigi, DK, or Bowser. I think that most stages with walls/walkoffs are banned so you don't have to worry about those characters either.

For IC they can chain throw ANYONE!!! But it is soooo hard and you have to memorize tons of different character weight changes and % changes. Even if Shiken removes the limit from grabs I would only do it for a game or two just to show it off or if I'm ahead a full game.

I agree with voting though. It would be good to have a few different opinions on this issue.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The thing is that Sakurai obviously was trying to tone this game down. I'm almost positive that the developers did not intentionally put any of the CG's in the game. That and some chain grabs are inescapable, like Dedede's infinite or the IC chain grab.

I guess I will keep track of votes here for Waco. So far:
1 for banning (ITF)
2 for no banning (Adiverrdescends, Me)

In the Fray

Smash Apprentice
i vote chain grabs in, i mean if they put it in the game for a reason why shouldn't we play with it you know?
Pay attention, fool. No one said anything about chain grabs, I was referring to banning infinites. But chains should also be limited

The thing is that Sakurai obviously was trying to tone this game down. I'm almost positive that the developers did not intentionally put any of the CG's in the game. That and some chain grabs are inescapable, like Dedede's infinite or the IC chain grab.

I guess I will keep track of votes here for Waco. So far:
1 for banning (ITF)
2 for no banning (Adiverrdescends, Me)

We are like the only 3 who even post here now. Nova doesnt use the boards anymore just allways lurking and nevering saying anything. And most other have moved on to AIB. Voteing here would be pointless if everone doesnt voice their opinion. At this rate, it would just be us 3 here and no one else voteing ultimately leaveing it in your favor.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
ITF YOU GOT MINDGAMED!!! O.O lol.

Think about it; if I wanted it to be unbanned then I would put the voting on a site/area that would favor MY SIDE instead of yours. But it doesn't really matter since I don't wanna play IC in tournaments and most people won't chaingrab like crazy.

In the Fray

Smash Apprentice
ITF YOU GOT MINDGAMED!!! O.O lol.

Think about it; if I wanted it to be unbanned then I would put the voting on a site/area that would favor MY SIDE instead of yours. But it doesn't really matter since I don't wanna play IC in tournaments and most people won't chaingrab like crazy.

I was mindgamed ? How ? Must have been a pretty hard since I still don't relize it yet.
Well im not sure what " Site/Area" you had in mind but it still has to be waco related. in order for the voting to be ligitment. And that being said not many waco mains
benifit from infinites.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
How many people here main Sonic? I wanted to get some practice against him before I have to play Mr. 3000 in Houston.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I won't be banning any chaingrabs at my tournament. It's way too early to even see something like it warrants a technique ban.

Come on down Waco! I invite you once more. Check my sig.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
like i said, itll depend on the rules whether ill come to that or not. I probably won't be playing in anymore tournaments that ban sudden death.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Crap, I just realized I can't make it to the Waco tournament on June 22nd. Shiken, can you push it back to either the 24th or late on the 23rd? I'm gonna be on vacation in Florida and there's no way I can get back earlier than the 23rd.

Top Bottom