• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

April 18th Waco Tournament Brawl+!! (Official Waco Brawl Thread)

truebountyhunter700

Smash Cadet
well, as far as me money matching, do have rent to pay and have to pay nova back. In due time I think that it would be fun money match I.T.F. cuz he does keep me on my toes, or does he? heh heh :), anyway, we'll be out of school pretty soon and Im lookin forward to going to other places outside of waco to battle people. We need to go to some tournys anyway. Might do us some good. My meta Knight has gotten better and would like to battle other people for a change. Picking Peach back up and she as deadly as she were when I played with her on melee. would like to play some people this weekend if anybody wants to. just let me know when and where, and I.T.F. whats the name of that vid with that one guy going " Don't let him dash attack you! " lol that was funny as hell.

In the Fray

Smash Apprentice
fair enough, 20 cash sounds good to me. just tell me when and where.
Cool, glad to see your up for it. I know was hyping this is up but maybe we can get it done sometime defintily this weakend.

way to specify you arent playing for bearbucks, tadeo :) i want to watch
Hmm, spectators ? Should be fun.

well, as far as me money matching, do have rent to pay and have to pay nova back. In due time I think that it would be fun money match I.T.F. cuz he does keep me on my toes, or does he? heh heh :), anyway, we'll be out of school pretty soon and Im lookin forward to going to other places outside of waco to battle people. We need to go to some tournys anyway. Might do us some good. My meta Knight has gotten better and would like to battle other people for a change. Picking Peach back up and she as deadly as she were when I played with her on melee. would like to play some people this weekend if anybody wants to. just let me know when and where, and I.T.F. whats the name of that vid with that one guy going " Don't let him dash attack you! " lol that was funny as hell.

Yea definitely dude, and im not sure what the name of it is. But i do know what video you were talking about it was really funny i still lol at it. Just type in " Ken Fox " on youtube.

Shiken this doesnt put you off the hook, we still need to money match too.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Shiken this doesnt put you off the hook, we still need to money match too.
Yeah maybe someday, like I said originally though I don't really like to MM but maybe a little one sometime. Are there any major tournaments coming up in our area? I'm not driving any further than houston/dallas tho.

adiverrdescends

Smash Apprentice
hey itf im at home in dallas and my best friend says he wants to money match you for a 100 cash. he would do it on wifi but he knows you probably aren't man enough to do it online, so he is going to come to whoop you sometime soon if you're up for it.

truebountyhunter700

Smash Cadet
sometimes I feel like i am the only one who gets ITF. last thread he talked about how it's just a game..and now he's saying things like how this is serious business..he's just playin' mind games..and y'all are all falling for it. one of you who actually plays the game should play him...but you're afraid of losing because then he will TOTALLY go off on you by making fun of you..so you're intimidated. see? he's all in your heads.

well for one pogo, your not the only one who gets him. I've been knowing I.T.F. way longer that you. I know how he is and that it's not getting to me. Maybe its getting to diver and shiken, but I just play. And number two, who said I was scared to play him? I love fighting I.T.F., our matches are good most of the time and its fun fighting him. if I had a wii, I would be playing him and nova 24/7. As far as him making fun of me or whatever, Trash talk is just trash talk. I don't care what other people say, I just focus on me and me only, thats what im about. And number three, if you get him so much why don't you money match him if your so good or in other words, put your money where your mouth is.;):laugh:

pogo

Smash Apprentice
i said i get him as in i see what he's doing. i dont really play/enjoy brawl...ive watched some vids from tournaments and they're not very exciting..they're kinda slow. when i would watch the occasional melee vid, i would want to melee soon after. brawl just doesn't appeal to me..watching a $20 money match might though.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
hey itf im at home in dallas and my best friend says he wants to money match you for a 100 cash. he would do it on wifi but he knows you probably aren't man enough to do it online, so he is going to come to whoop you sometime soon if you're up for it.
I'm so up for spectating that.

truebountyhunter700

Smash Cadet
i said i get him as in i see what he's doing. i dont really play/enjoy brawl...ive watched some vids from tournaments and they're not very exciting..they're kinda slow. when i would watch the occasional melee vid, i would want to melee soon after. brawl just doesn't appeal to me..watching a $20 money match might though.
Well the thing is, you said yall are falling for it. Exactly who is yall cuz only a hand-full of us post in this thread. Then you said that we were scared to money match him cuz of the fact that he will smash us with trash talk. In any brawl or melee matches, I always put up a good fight. better yet, I can't remember the last time I got 4 or 3 stocked. My skills are growing and with the tournys that are coming up over the summer, My name will be known. That is pretty much my goal in melee or brawl. To be a well known meta knight and Dr. mario player. Going to tournys will spread my name and build rep. This is another reason why I've been wanting to go out of town so we can start building our rep and people from over texas wanting to battle us or me to be specific. Pretty soon I will have a wii and a copy of brawl and melee to keep my skills up. Wow, went into all that for no reason lol, but then again, you need to know where I stand and pretty much why I play the game. But the point that I was REALLY trying to get out was just try to be more specific before you say "yall" cuz I don't fall in the Yall Catagory. As far as spectating for the money match with diver and ITF, guess I spectating would be nice.

adiverrdescends

Smash Apprentice
i would love to play sometime soon, i can't money match until a bit later though because im in college and that equals no money for me if you guys catch my drift. but we should play some time soon like this week or weekend

In the Fray

Smash Apprentice
First of all a online money match ? Not only does that seem pointless yet stupid. But , I don't even have my own wii yet. As for as a wireless router and own internet connnection, im good to go in that dapartment. I have too much fun owning scrubs in dimond and pearl, and Yugioh world chanpionship 2007. If your friends want to money match me. I gladly accept. But I wont do for a 100$ because as unbelieveable as it may seem. I dont have that kinda money to spare. But I would be willing to do 60 dollar money match, two seperate money match sets for 30 bucks apiece.

And he has to come to waco. Im sure I can meet him any where once down here.

Im not playing to see how many times I can pull off a ken combo in one match, Im only playing to win. So don't be expecting anything extremely appealing.

I'm so up for spectating that.
I'll personally make sure you won't get to speculate. Only people who are willing to money match me will get to see.

Well the thing is, you said yall are falling for it. Exactly who is yall cuz only a hand-full of us post in this thread. Then you said that we were scared to money match him cuz of the fact that he will smash us with trash talk. In any brawl or melee matches, I always put up a good fight. better yet, I can't remember the last time I got 4 or 3 stocked. My skills are growing and with the tournys that are coming up over the summer, My name will be known. That is pretty much my goal in melee or brawl. To be a well known meta knight and Dr. mario player. Going to tournys will spread my name and build rep. This is another reason why I've been wanting to go out of town so we can start building our rep and people from over texas wanting to battle us or me to be specific. Pretty soon I will have a wii and a copy of brawl and melee to keep my skills up. Wow, went into all that for no reason lol, but then again, you need to know where I stand and pretty much why I play the game. But the point that I was REALLY trying to get out was just try to be more specific before you say "yall" cuz I don't fall in the Yall Catagory. As far as spectating for the money match with diver and ITF, guess I spectating would be nice.
Actually you do fall into that catagory, you being a scrub.

i would love to play sometime soon, i can't money match until a bit later though because im in college and that equals no money for me if you guys catch my drift. but we should play some time soon like this week or weekend
We can try to get our money match done this week.

In the Fray

Smash Apprentice
ill tell him. but as for you and me we should play sometime soon. ps. how much do you play diamond and pearl?
Not so much often anymore, but i plan on getting back into it soon. Im pretty good I have a record of 24 and 3 on smogon.
Im 10 and 0 on serebii.

In the Fray

Smash Apprentice
i'm more into fillin my dex up, i'm 8 away to getting them all. or should i say catching 'em all. who do you like to use?
Thats totally cool Diver. I didn't know you where into DP aswell. We have to get togather some time and battle. I action replayed my my pokedex to have them all. Be warned the reward isnt too great. Also dude think we can have our money match today. I have the money I just need to go by Nova's and get my legendary controller.

Hey it's saturday where's everybody at? Gimme a call let's play soem smash!

Yea sure, if your up for playing i dont mind. I was actually trying to get the money match with Diver done today. I may be heading over to Nova's later. So Rain/Ant/Meta ... where you at dude ? We havent played eachother in like forever. Im tired of beating up on Nova's tired Sonic.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Didn't tadeo already say he didnt have the money right now to do mm? i might be heading to his place or him headed here later, whichever. so yea just call me when you know whats goin on

edit: I'm probably going to be going to this tourny- http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=638
So anyone interested in catching a ride with me should let me know sometime before saturday next week.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
First page has been updated with 2 new tournaments. 1 here in waco for a small gathering, see who'll show up, 1 in houston I'll be attending, and therefore will be able to provide transportation to if there are interested parties.
http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=664 <-- link to my tourny
http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=638 <-- link to houston tourny

let everyone know to be here at my house wednesday if they wanna play, all the details are in that link. (i think im starting to like allisbrawl.com better, they never have the insane lag that smashboards has.)

truebountyhunter700

Smash Cadet
sorry for my absence people, the best meta knight player is here. been busy with life and what not but back and ready to catch some people with my u-air to u-special heh heh lol. So shiken, about that tourny in houston, im definitly down for that. And diver I didn't know you were in to pokemon either, my friend code is 1075 0954 9266. started over on my diamond version so give me little while to catch them all. And ITF, WHO U CALLING A SCRUB U LITTLE PANZY?!! LOL, as far as us brawling, we will soon just keep beating up on nova's sonic for the time being. Oh yeah, got a 360 now and pretty soon will probably have a wii within the next couple of weeks if I can find one. And I will try to make to the tourny at shiken's house if I can find a way there.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Hey Waco people, I'm posting this here since you're not too far away. I'm trying to see how much interest there would be in a monthly and possibly bi-weekly tournament in the northeast side of Fort Worth. (roughly an hour and a half to 2 hours outside of Waco, been there a few times to play Magic) Anyone and everyone who would be interested please send me a PM.

Thank you and good luck with your Waco-type business :p

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Hey anyone know Jacob's number? let me know asap i dont think he even knows about the tourny tomorrow.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Hey sorry about missing you guys at the tourny, I thought you guys had a ride. Next time gimme a call before it starts if you still dont have a way over. x.x fray gimme a call sometime friday night if you wanted to come with us to houston for the next tournament. gonna be me you rain and bobby. Let's bring home 1rst 2nd and 3rd prizes xD gas money and then some XD

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey Shiken the next time you update the first post could you put me in the intense section and change my tag to "HUH?". I think I'm just gonna use that now instead of my other one.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. The National Video Game Association (NVGA) will be hosting the 1st annual NVGA Supercon May 22-25 2008 in Albuquerque, NM. This event will be a triple threat event with:

Trade Show Events
NVGA Championships
Anime Con

List of Games for event:

2D
______

Guilty Gear Accent Core
Stree Fighter 3: Third Strike
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Smash Bros. Brawl

3D
_______

Tekken: Dark Ressurection
Soul Calibur 3
Dead or Alive 4
Virtua Fighter 5

First Person Shooters

HALO 3 (4 v 4)
HALO 3 (2 v 2)
Call of Duty 4

Other
________

Eye of Judgment
Rock Band
Guitar Hero 3

This event is planning to be huge and we want everyone to be are part of it. Go here:

www.nvgasupercon.com

This will be the biggest Smash tournament ever so come out Smashers!!

Important Links:

http://www.nvgaonline.com/SuperCon/gamingchoices_events.php

Hotel Info:

COUNTRY INN AND SUITES ALBUQUERQUE NORTH
Rates
$55.00 STANDARD ROOM
$59.00 TWO-ROOM SUITES

Accomodations
SUITES WITH 2 TV’S / 2 PHONES
MICROWAVE / REFRIGERATOR
DELUXE HOT ITEM CONT. BRKFST.
FREE HI-SPEED WIRELESS INTERNET
BUSINESS CENTER / FREE USA TODAY
FITNESS ROOM / SWIMMING POOL
JUST 7 MILES FROM CONV. CTR.
ABOVE ARE NVGA SUPER CON RATES

Address
7620 Pan American Freeway
I-25 Frontage Road Exit 231 (San Antonio exit)

Reservation Number
(505) 823-1300

CALL NOW AND SAVE GUYS!!

Sponsors:

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
doh. I found out about this a day too late. I probably wouldve gone. Maybe next time.
In the process of scheduling the next tournament, hope you can make it! =)

Hey Shiken the next time you update the first post could you put me in the intense section and change my tag to "HUH?". I think I'm just gonna use that now instead of my other one.
Done.

so many doctors in da house
And not a one in Brawl.

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. The National Video Game Association (NVGA) will be hosting the 1st annual NVGA Supercon May 22-25 2008 in Albuquerque, NM.
Sorry it's too close to A-kon 's date so I won't be going. Also not willing to pay the gas to get to NM.

2D
______

Guilty Gear Accent Core
Stree Fighter 3: Third Strike
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Smash Bros. Brawl
Brawl is considered a 2-d game??

Here's the placeholder link for our next tournament. http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=719
More info to come once we secure a venue.

adiverrdescends

Smash Apprentice
haha wellllll we get out of school on may 14th and get kicked out of the dorms on the 15th so none of us from baylor can come.... maybe we could have one earlier..

Top Bottom