• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] King of the House 2 (Dallas, TX)

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Hold up a sec. Are 8 year olds permitted? My little brother really wants to lmao.

Holy crap that's gonna be expensive. My brother wants to enter both events for one game and I want to do both games both events. CMON GUYS CAN WE MAKE MY WALLET CRY HARDER

Last edited:

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Blondie, if you read this, I want a Zelda ditto MM. It's been 8 months. I'm salty.
I'll let him know. What's your tag? I'm not sure if he's coming with us or not though. He hasn't been traveling with us much lately. Also, he mostly dropped Zelda quite some time ago. He focuses on Fox and Sheik these days.

seaofdarkness

Smash Rookie
I'll let him know. What's your tag? I'm not sure if he's coming with us or not though. He hasn't been traveling with us much lately. Also, he mostly dropped Zelda quite some time ago. He focuses on Fox and Sheik these days.
Same as my user name. He might not remember me for my tag, but I did Zelda dittos with him in pools at LTC. And you've got to be kidding me.

seaofdarkness

Smash Rookie
For what it's worth though, I've played Zelda seriously against people equal/above me in skill level maybe three games since 3.0 hit, so I guess I'm in the same boat.

(And I completely agree with him. For all the reactive tools she has, she has no good option in the neutral game except DD, and if your opponent can punish that, they're golden.)

Last edited:

phởHouse

Smash Cadet
Also, to the TOs, my TV is old even as CRTs go, and whatever power electricity cool things happen inside the plug to make the TV work... it doesn't play nice with power strips. Would it be worth it to bring the TV considering?
Come early and we could make it work for sure. Otherwise, probably not. If it's a small TV and not too much of a hassle to bring around, I'd say do it regardless. We'll keep your TV in mind when organizing the floor.

D

Deleted member

I'll be bringing a full Melee SetUp and a Full Project M SetUp (CRTs included for both along with power strips) to help out. If needed I can also provide an extra hackless SD card with a PM's files on it if someone doesn't have one.
I hope this tournament turns out well. Scotch, are you free on the 18th (The Friday before the tournament, 'Good Friday')? Would you like a ride/housing?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'll be bringing a full Melee SetUp and a Full Project M SetUp (CRTs included for both along with power strips) to help out. If needed I can also provide an extra hackless SD card with a PM's files on it if someone doesn't have one.
I hope this tournament turns out well. Scotch, are you free on the 18th (The Friday before the tournament, 'Good Friday')? Would you like a ride/housing?
**** yes I would like a ride and housing. Sounds fantastic :D

D

Deleted member

In addition to Scotch, @ZachAttax64 Do you need a ride/housing?
As I have said in prior posts my birthday is on the eighteenth (Good Friday) the day before the tournament so if you would like to come over to my house the day before to practice and then get a ride to the tournament on the nineteenth I can help you out. We could have a mini smash fest. I'm thinking of inviting Torin and TR8NR along aswel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
In addition to Scotch, @ZachAttax64 Do you need a ride/housing?
As I have said in prior posts my birthday is on the eighteenth (Good Friday) the day before the tournament so if you would like to come over to my house the day before to practice and then get a ride to the tournament on the nineteenth I can help you out. We could have a mini smash fest. I'm thinking of inviting Torin and TR8NR along aswel.
Mini smashfest? Am I invited?

D

Deleted member

Keyword: Mini. I don't have a lot of space to host a smashfest nor do I have a lot of space for housing but It's my birthday that weekend and I would like to celebrate it with smashers. I'm only hosting a small smashfest with people I know personally and have been over to my place before.

Sorry 210stuna and Oddyesy, but maybe next time. See you guys at King of The House!

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Keyword: Mini. I don't have a lot of space to host a smashfest nor do I have a lot of space for housing but It's my birthday that weekend and I would like to celebrate it with smashers. I'm only hosting a small smashfest with people I know personally and have been over to my place before.

Sorry 210stuna and Oddyesy, but maybe next time. See you guys at King of The House!
Got it. See ya.

D

Deleted member

So, are there any pot bonuses this time around? (Not like I'm going to win anything lmao, just wondering)

D

Deleted member

So, are there any pot bonuses this time around? (Not like I'm going to win anything lmao, just wondering)
There aren't any POT bonuses, but there are some ALCOHOL bonuses! HURR HURR DURR
Okay I'm sorry

phởHouse

Smash Cadet
Yes there's a pot bonus of $100 for each game that gets more than 70 entrants. PM will easily reach that number; however Melee will probably need some OOC attendance.

Also, hopefully that will change Zhea!

Psyvern

Smash Rookie
This is Cole again, the peach player from UTD. Neither of my normal teammates can make this tournament, so does anyone want to team?

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I'm currently teamless for PM. I don't take it too seriously however I'll give it my best. I can play Game & Watch, Marth and Peach. HMU and LMK.

Last edited:

Sizzle

I paint controllers
As some of you may or may not know, I'm moving to Korea next month, so this will be the last tournament I attend in Texas. I'm happy to have stayed here and met the homies in Dallas and I'm glad I'll be able to make it to one last tournament with you guys. Hope to see everyone there.

Zhea

Smash Ace
As some of you may or may not know, I'm moving to Korea next month, so this will be the last tournament I attend in Texas. I'm happy to have stayed here and met the homies in Dallas and I'm glad I'll be able to make it to one last tournament with you guys. Hope to see everyone there.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- I will miss you Sizzle. Short of a miracle SA just isn't getting out to this. Best of luck in Korea man. Also were you learning Korean on top of Japanese?

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Wow, what a move! Best of luck to you, and I hope you like it in Korea! What prompted you to move there?

Top Bottom