• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apples Or Oranges?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
At Pound 3 the match between Vidjo and Cactaur lasted all 8 minutes because Cactaur would laser spam camp him and vidjo has no choice but to camp back with turnips and spacing himself real far away. This is one of the best peaches in the nation (one of the best melee chars ) vs yes, one of the best foxes out there (the best character in the game) and yet that match was just as horrible if not worse than that dedede vs lucario one.

sidefx

Smash Champion
yeah cause spacing and laser spamming is perfection.

i saw someone mess up while laser spamming with falco.. he didnt short hop and laser'd standing still.. but he didnt die.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Houston is the first and only city to ban the ICG.
also the first city to be beaten by a single character, not something to be proud of.

it's not hard to avoid the cg, and if you keep it banned you're just making brawl an even more bland game overall.

RBNuke

Smash Apprentice
Just counterpick rainbow cruise or brinstar =P

More seriously, I don't see the problem with chaingrabbing as it is now. If it starts to become overwhelming(I don't think I've seen anyone in socal really go anywhere with it yet and there's some people here who've been practicing that chaingrab a lot), sure, we can have this discussion, but in the meantime, we've had a grand total of one overblown hissy-fit about one of the best smashers -out there- who didn't even play ice climbers the entire tournament. Ice climbers have enough weaknesses to put up with to warrant giving them the chaingrab until it legitimately hits the point that the move is provenly unacceptable.

Besides, I don't see it being *that* difficult for someone to stay in the air or separate the ice climbers as it is.

LuCKy

Smash Master
this count as a double post? lol

you have to the dumbest person alive if you think that

David A.K.A DC what have told you

"Foo you Stupid Dawg"
..........lol danny

what have told you? and you called that guy dumb xD

Gishnak

Smash Ace
When I originally found out that IC could 0-> death with a single grab, I immediately thought broken.

But I've been thinking about it more, and it's not necessarily 'broken.' Unbalanced, undoubtedly.

If it gets to the point where anyone who can play IC well will win because grabs are "so easy in brawl" then I agree it should be banned. If no other characters can beat the IC, then yes, action needs to be taken. At the current state, I'd much rather fight an IC in a tourney then a good snake or MK.

Don't ban something because "it might get out of hand." Innocent until proven guilty. Wait until two or three tournaments (or more) clearly suffer from this. Until then, just keep playing the game and worry less about things that you are worried may be another reason you can't win.

EDIT: Ughh I went back to read the whole thread and saw that players like Germ and Hylian gave the same (and more articulated) arguments.

One thing I wanted to argue about with Gimpy's post... Gimpy was arguing that wobbling was more a risk reward thing in Melee. Perhaps it was. Perhaps this technique is very high reward, low risk. That's still not enough evidence to ban it. All sorts of moves in brawl have almost no risk and have high reward.

By the way, everyone arguing that it shouldn't be banned, you clearly arn't supposed to post in this topic! He said "post here if you think it should be." Yeesh.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
After listening to all the arguments, I have come to this conclusion:

Now you have an option against Snake. Ice Climbers.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Here is some advice against campers:

When someone is camping, they are generally standing still or running away from you. Generally, that means they are going to be closer to the edge then you. Considering you have more space behind you means that you have a positional advantage. Take this to your advantage and pressure the **** out of them.

I could go more in-depth, but I'm on my wii and you guys should be able to get my general point.

Edit: Wow I said general too much.

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
Gimpy i made this thread and im sick of it already LOL

CLOSE ITTTTTTTTTT

lets just see what happens later

CLOSEEE ITTTT GIMPYFISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

im going to change the thread people wont notice LOL

ahh crap i just busted my self by typing that

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Gimpy i made this thread and im sick of it already LOL

CLOSE ITTTTTTTTTT

lets just see what happens later

CLOSEEE ITTTT GIMPYFISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

im going to change the thread people wont notice LOL

ahh crap i just busted my self by typing that
LOL

-

sidefx

Smash Champion
lol.. what a waste. your whole "ban ic's infinite" argument gets ***** in every which way, so then you decide to just change the topic and OP to some random ****. great job at being awesome

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
lol.. what a waste. your whole "ban ic's infinite" argument gets ***** in every which way, so then you decide to just change the topic and OP to some random ****. great job at being awesome

I am awesome

lol I hope

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Shh... It's Danimals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom