• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Venue Evacuation: Apex Likely Canceled For Day, Brawl Possibly Cancelled

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
This is the path you choose.

The lose of Project M has come to haunt what it deserves.

Also good.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is terrible news, what a thing to wake up to. :(

I'm glad no one was hurt. I just hope something gets sorted out. Otherwise people spent who-knows-how-much money on this trip for nothing...

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
I think that this could be a slightly troublesome issue to fix.

Real talk though, Apex got lucky this year. Seriously, it's like everything wants to stop it.

Really glad everyone made out of there safely, if someone didn't trigger the salt alarm this could have turned into a tragedy.

Too bad the setups are trapped...

NiZMO LS1

Smash Cadet
My heart goes out to all the people who put down serious $ to go to Apex, as well as 1000's of hours of practice.

People talking about Karma for their preferred game not being there, MAN that's just wrong!! Especially with the notion someone could have been hurt.

Best wishes to the TO's!

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
"This is bad." -:4shulk:

Wow, is this at the venue, hotel, or both? You were expecting a national event with huge crowds and you had like 1-2 days to clean up the blizzard remnants and did diddly squat about it? This baffles me. Looks like a good few inches judging by the picture and that doesn't seem like enough for a cave-in. Whoever owns that sedan behind the cave-in's gonna have an even worse day.

:lucas:, where you at?
He just joined the haunt party. Mother wouldn't let him at first ;kappa;

he will pk freeze people and give them the flu

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
S4 might be cancelled along with brawl, this title is misleading. I don't understand why people hate brawl, yet praise smash 4, a game that fixes a bit of problems, while removing good stuff (DACUS)

JuanTendo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb-juantendo
3DS FC
2750-1216-1018
Switch FC
SW 3345 4602 0138
this are some really bad news. i hope there is some way to get around the situation and get all the main events going. but trying to look at things from a bright side, it's only day 1, and we all know day 1 pools are...bahh. if they get to do those at the hotel rooms and get everything ready for tomorrow it wont be that much of a loss. still sucks, and id much rather see boring matches all day instead of no matches at all.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
How is Nintendo gonna reveal Mewtwo now ;Kappa;

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
To reiterate what was said before, Apex has a new venue , however, there will be no tournament today.

Choocheese

Smash Rookie
NNID
choocheese
Very upsetting stuff. Hope they are able to work things out. Apex was really shaping up to be huge this year but first the storm and now this...

9Tales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
9Tales_of_Hoenn
As a fairly new poster on smash boards I find it surprising how many people are posting gleefully about this.

Even if you prefer one version of smash to another wouldn't it do more good overall to be respectful of the other versions and people who appreciate them? It doesn't cause you harm that they like it more. So why be so happy with comments like "this is what you get this is what you get"

Fellow smash bros enthusiasts went through a lot of stress and confusion. Just seems like a disappointing thing overall rather than something to get all hateful and happy about.

Last edited:

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
First thing I checked; Make sure there were no posts about someone being hurt by the incident. Thank Sakurai everyone's safe!

Of course there will be trolls, 'funny boys' who will be making jokes about their prefered game not being there, most likely fishing for likes. As stated above, just ignore and don't feed the trolls is what I think the Staff would like us to do.

I also heard the venue has been moved near Keitaro's home, lol. I hope you all have a blast! May the best player win. :)

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
First thing I checked; Make sure there were no posts about someone being hurt by the incident. Thank Sakurai everyone's safe!
Out of all of the unfortunate events in Apex, i'm happy that everyone got out safely. On the other hand, i'm concerned about what will happen next at Apex. I'm getting a feeling that something else will boil over into this tournament in some way.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
As a fairly new poster on smash boards I find it surprising how many people are posting gleefully about this.

Even if you prefer one version of smash to another wouldn't it do more good overall to be respectful of the other versions and people who appreciate them? It doesn't cause you harm that they like it more. So why be so happy with comments like "this is what you get this is what you get"

Fellow smash bros enthusiasts went through ha lot of stress and confusion. Just seems like a disappointing thing overall rather than something to get all hateful and happy about.
Actually, the Smash games do compete with each other moreso than they do any other game. Smash 4 is the reason PM isn't at a lot of events, and Smash games frequently compete with each other for spots in tournaments. So in that sense, people liking other Smash games mean the 'wrong' game is the one getting support.
That aside, this is certainly not something to be happy about. I hope everything works out, though. Time constraints are going to be a real problem. I can imagine the TOs finding other people at the venue with TO experience to volunteer.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever

Fellow smash bros enthusiasts went through ha lot of stress and confusion. Just seems like a disappointing thing overall rather than something to get all hateful and happy about.
You haven't seen "many" then.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Well okay this isn't exactly APEX's fault. How were they supposed to know that half the damn building was in preparation to collapse at any point? The hotel surely wasn't going to tell them something like that hence the "legal counsel" that was mentioned. It may have been embarrassing to APEX staff but this won't change Nintendo's perception of them (other than maybe someone pulling the fire alarm). Things like this are considered negligence from the hotel and something the APEX staff couldn't possibly have thought of.

Other than that, if the fire alarm was pulled as a joke, I have a picture of a potential suspect

Last edited:

ErictheLone

Smash Apprentice
got the sense this was a janky establishment when I called the front desk and the phone rang for about 5 min straight until it was finally picked up by someone who didn't even work at the hotel.

Top Bottom