• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Venue Evacuation: Apex Likely Canceled For Day, Brawl Possibly Cancelled

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I think we may have been sleeping on Empty Room. Looks like it has top tier potential based on how well it's performing in these early matches. Empty Room for S tier!

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
The biggest Smash tournament of the year.... even Nintendo was involved this year, too... and everything is ruined by someone using the Emergency Exit.... what bad karma is this?
IDK. Someone that reallllyyy doesn't want to see Melee again or something cruel like that.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well this will certainly be the Apex to remember...

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
This is why we don't cut characters. They come back to haunt us
:younglinkmelee::pichumelee::roypm::mewtwopm::squirtle::snake::ivysaur::popo::wolf::lucas:

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
We Grassroots baby! We always find ways to run tourneys. We ran tourneys in some guys truck (which was awesome!). Fight Pitt 4 was ran w/ only 2 ppl in the venue because the venue threatened to kick everyone out. I have full confidence in the Apex staff.

Last edited:

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
Holy... Shoot!!!

Well, this is terrible. Why is everything going wrong for Apex this year?
And what does this mean for the announcements Nintendo were going to make? I was excited to see/hear what they were going to announce this weekend, but is that all going to have to be pushed back?

...This is all rubbish...

Epic_Bro__360

Smash Rookie
Any 1 down for 3ds Matches i main Greninja and my fav matchup si MetaKnight and Marth :^D
hey id love to play against another greninja main (I might suck though... im a filthy casual... but I know my way around a greninja)

D

Deleted member

I was really looking forward to seeing my first Apex and it sucks if it has to get cancelled like this. :(

I am glad that some lives were saved in the process and I hope that we can get the tournament up and running soon.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I reaaaally hope SSBU isn't cancelled for the entire event. The way Alex Jebailey words it makes it seems to go on brawl's "likely cancelled" fate.

So, any opinions on how the Apex staff is handling the management of this event? Asking because it leaves impressions on sponsors such as Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

Whats next? Is Zeus going to strike Apex 2015 with Thunder?

Man, apex has had the worse of all crapstorms come at them this year, I hope they can make it and stay safe.
Maybe Zeus is butthurt that sakurai didn't put him as a playable character in ssb4 so he is taking it out on Apex....greek gods are jerks after all "Looks at palutena".

Last edited by a moderator:

adamlon1

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3583-0365-0217
:younglinkmelee::pichumelee::roypm::mewtwopm::squirtle::snake::ivysaur::popo::wolf:[/quote
Roy is causing a fire ..... on the dance floor, Ivysaur is seedbombing the venue, Squirtle is causing blizzards, Wolf is shooting the venue with lasers, Ice Climbers are helping squirtle with the Blizzard, Snake pulled off the fire alarm, Pichu is causing thunder storms, Young Link is putting bombs all over the place and Mewtwo is trying to stop all this through the power of Jebailey

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
This ain't good
"This is bad." -:4shulk:

Wow, is this at the venue, hotel, or both? You were expecting a national event with huge crowds and you had like 1-2 days to clean up the blizzard remnants and did diddly squat about it? This baffles me. Looks like a good few inches judging by the picture and that doesn't seem like enough for a cave-in. Whoever owns that sedan behind the cave-in's gonna have an even worse day.

:younglinkmelee::pichumelee::roypm::mewtwopm::squirtle::snake::ivysaur::popo::wolf:
:lucas:, where you at?

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I reaaaally hope SSBU isn't cancelled for the entire event. The way Alex Jebailey words it makes it seems to go on brawl's "likely cancelled" fate.

So, any opinions on how the Apex staff is handling the management of this event? Asking because it leaves impressions on sponsors such as Nintendo.
I don't really think Ninty will blame Apex if the hotel lies about their safeness.

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
YES NO MELEE ,SUCK IT YEAAAA ILY Storm wHICH MEANS NO SPLATOON NOOOOOOOOOO, Wolf O'Donel Did this , "CANT LET YOU DO THAT APEX" This is what happens if Wofl isnt in smash 4
You're one of those degenerates who was never loved by their mother and enjoys acting a fool in public to gain attention for the misfortunes of your sad past aren't you? I feel bad for you b. It won't get any better either.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Here's hoping that everyone stays safe and still has a safe time...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Considering the fact that the Fire Marshall deemed the venue status to be a complete wreck, that emergency exit pull might just have been a blessing in disguise.

I'm beyond livid, but don't misdirect the blame here. Thank the guy for exposing the abysmal venue for lying and the irresponsible management, and maybe even saving some lives in the process.
Good post.

Overall kinda happy I didn't go to APEX this year given all the accidents and issues around it. Really sucks all this happened though and I hope for the best for everyone there.

Glad no one got hurt from a collapsing building, way more important than if the games can still go on or not.

_2D_

Smash Rookie
Aw man, I was really looking forward to watching Apex this year. Oh well, guess I'll just sit back and watch the VGBC chat copypasta.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Some updates, in case people need it.

Prog is currently calling up other areas to see if they can go to another venue. As it stands it's looking like the ballrooms are a complete bust and Floor 1 is under full investigation (to note, everything was on Floor 1, including Splatoon that was being sponsored by Nintendo).

Should this fail, it's looking like Apex may run the tournaments in the hotel rooms instead, but that will, of course, have many logistics issues. So lets hope Prog can get something.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
@ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill

The article title has a typo.

A brief summary writeup would be preferred to posting a bunch of Tweets. I have to keep refreshing the page when the Tweets don't load properly. Reading a paragraph on the situation would be preferable, thank you.

Top Bottom