• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX Staff Releases Statement Regarding Alex Strife Controversy

Crusina

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4768-7571-0177
However, it's very rare for someone to do something this absolutely disgusting and sickening, and be so high up in power within the community in question. As well as just a sick and terrible act on it's own, when it's been done someone this high up in a huge community, it could potentially give it a bad name to some people. Furthermore, the guy probably knew his power could help him hide his actions and took advantage of that.
Sadly this isn't true. The silence of those abused is deafening if you pay attention and know what to look for.

FunkyPanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aaron45689
I understand him being banned from apex but idk it seems like everyone is over reacting about this subject. I don't feel like he should be hated on forever for being a douche.
If he ever did anything it would be considered A felon which gives the smash community a bad rep, Apex a bad rep, And Destroy Everything We as a community have worked for. All and All he is worse then a douche

-LzR-

Smash Hero
What he has done/is doing is in no nice but it's in no way relevant to him being part of Apex. Is this going to be one of those witch hunts that appear from time to time?

Zoa

Smash Ace
So this is the ******* responsible for PM being removed. He literally went out of his way to remove it and mention it.

http://i.imgur.com/26SYPEp.png

Also **** his behavior. You don't do this scummy stuff to people. Harassing others is completely horrible. I'm glad he's out. Don't let him ever involve himself in the Smash community, or any for that matter, again.

FunkyPanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aaron45689
What he has done/is doing is in no nice but it's in no way relevant to him being part of Apex. Is this going to be one of those witch hunts that appear from time to time?
Please Use Your words I don't understand what you're trying to say

If you're saying even though he did Terrible things he should still be apart of Apex Around other Minors at a venue Then Im sorry that doesn't make any sense

Gionni

Smash Apprentice
To add to this, the sources also indicate that Alex has done a ton of other thing, along with sexual harassment of multiple female smashers. He really got himself in deep with this, I doubt we'll ever see him again in this community
I agree, he will never be seen again, what an Apex, first the fact that there won't be PM and now this

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Please Use Your words I don't understand what you're trying to say

If you're saying even though he did Terrible things he should still be apart of Apex Around other Minors at a venue Then Im sorry that doesn't make any sense
I'm not trying to justify the guys actions. He has done bad things, but he has been successful in hosting tournaments for now. Just because he has done bad stuff doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to do what he is good at. He might as well have stabbed 5 people last year but he would still have hosted the biggest series of smash tournaments there is.

DaRedMage

Smash Cadet
Hmm, I wonder what happened? 5 minutes later on the Smash Reddit. ...........Wow. Um, I have nothing to say to this. **** got real. Ummm, now what?

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
No.

"forgetting" about problems like this is what causes them and lets them continue in the first place. She posted about him trying to pick her up when she was 14 five years ago. And people did nothing.

What you do is you learn and do your best to ensure it doesn't happen again, or that at least those people have somewhere to turn too.

You make Apex a better place because of it, you don't just sweep it under the rug. Change doesn't happen in silence, it happens with action.

You have to make Apex a place for everyone. Gaming is more diverse and inclusive then ever before, but it faces problems and we have to face them and acknowledge them.
Should have worded it better, but I meant that we could enjoy Apex and try to keep it off our minds so we can enjoy the event to the fullest. I'm all against this and I don't think it should be forgotten so we can learn from it.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm not trying to justify the guys actions. He has done bad things, but he has been successful in hosting tournaments for now. Just because he has done bad stuff doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to do what he is good at. He might as well have stabbed 5 people last year but he would still have hosted the biggest series of smash tournaments there is.
It's true that he's great at Smash and makes for a pretty good host, but if people would keep allowing him to attend and host huge tournaments, events and the like, chances are he'd just continue trying to harass girls he'd happen to come across any time he'd get the chance and would use his community power to try and hide it again. Only this time, he'd probably fail at keeping it secret for very long now that the word is out.

Last edited:

Eionio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0232-9517-9180
I understand him being banned from apex but idk it seems like everyone is over reacting about this subject. I don't feel like he should be hated on forever for being a douche.
He literally said he'd "Go pedo" for a 14 year old girl.

FunkyPanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aaron45689
He Shouldn't be allowed to do even that! Lets change the situation *What IF.... Alex was a insensitive racist and made remarks against african american players, and made everybody who fit that category uncomfortable Why Would Apex Growing Tournament Series who JUST PARTNERED WITH NINTENDO allow Strife to keep his position Its a bad reputation and its bad pr and generally Not someone I would give my cash...

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
Well that is crazy hope apex still turns out well good job by the community.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Warning Received
"Allegedly." The Derrit ***** my mother. See how easy that was?

Last edited:
I don't get to see my main man Sethlon dominate PM because of this. :crying:

Now I'm thankful for how hard Alex Strife ****ed up, because PM is now a "maybe next time" deal at Apex.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
UHHMMMM, did you even read the posts?
Yeah, dude runs successful tournaments, we should let him do what he wants. Let him pedo 14 year old girls (PLURAL) and stab everyone (hypothetical?). None of that matters, dude runs great tournaments.

What the **** kind of thinking is this.
That's literally the stupidest thing I've ever seen on Smashboards.
ON SMASHBOARDS.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
- Sexually harassed over 15 girls, several of them underage
- Blackmailed Chibosempai and harassed his girlfriend
- Cheated on his girlfriend for many years
- Treated all his co-TOs like ****
- Bullied, tricked and lied players like ZeRo
- Largely utilized illegal burned discs for running Brawl and Melee
- Tried to kill off Project M and purge all PM streams and videos
- Is a **** TO period

Last edited:

Crusina

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4768-7571-0177
Dear lord, please tell me people like you are not common in this forum.

Seriously, that is just sickening. By any chance do you frequent 8chan?

R0Y

Smash Master
Chris Hansen where you at?! Please talk to this guy.

Last edited:

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
Uh, yes, he should. He's a pedophile, and overall disgusting human being with no regard towards the community he's in.

王女 クマトラ

Outta my way, dammit!
NNID
ChieSatonaka
Hitting on fourteen year olds, among with treating women like sex objects and like **** in general, breaking contracts, and being a transphobic asshat doesn't warrant this? I say he warrants life in prison. Who knows he hasn't actually had encounters with minors? Or sexually harassed women generally?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well that's screwed up, glad the problems have been fixed though.

Shadowken

Smash Rookie
It's stories like these that i find interesting. But glad he's stepping down. Something must be done still in my opinion. He could do this at other game tournaments not related to smash or even at conventions.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE! AGAINST THE ODDS! WE CHOOSE TO FIGHT! BLOSSOM DANCE!

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Hitting on fourteen year olds, among with treating women like sex objects and like **** in general, breaking contracts, and being a transphobic ****** doesn't warrant this? I say he warrants life in prison.
Go public with everything he has done and cut ties with him. But let's leave it up to the justice system to decide if he deserves prison for life.

D

Deleted member

Why did this happen? Good thing he stepped down and action was taken appropriately.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
Okay seriously guys, what the poop kind of community are we? I met Alex (well that's not his real name but you know what I mean) one time at Apex 2014. He is a really nice guy, and even my mom thought so. What kind of young fools are we that whenever something we were taught is taboo in this twisted new age comes up, we literally blow up the internet? No proof whatsoever has surfaced, and the only reason the claim had been legitimized by the overwhelming majority of the community is because it's a sensitive topic for many of you. I'm sorry if this turns out to be true and I've offended many of you, oh wait, no I'm not, even if it is true, none of you would speak up on the issue, you just said, "I can't provide that information", or "it would be really hard for me". What crap. You might have the rest of the community sworn against him for whatever your real motive is, but you won't get me without proof, and I'll be fighting 'till the bitter end. Who's with me?

Soul.

It's unfortunate to see this happen, especially in the Smash community.
I hope this finds a solution as soon as possible.

ShieldWolf

Smash Rookie
Props to Chibo for sticking it out this long. Sad it had to end up this way. As for Alex Strife, I think he has a lot of issues. It just sounds to me like a cry for help or something. But either way, he's kind of a stain in the community.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Good riddance to that disgusting perverted sack of filth. After reading what Nyani, Chibo, and Nakat (3 of my favorite community members) had to reveal on the subject of his lewd misbehavior, I sincerely hope he is never accepted widely back into the open arms of the Smash community. It makes me sick to think anybody would treat anyone else this rudely, and for such a long period of time.
On a lighter note, it's reassuring to see the community band together against this asshole, whether its the big community names or just members here on the Boards. It's great to see that we're not solely competitors: whether we win or lose against each other, we're all part of something bigger. We're all friends, whether we know each other that well or not. It's amazing that we can all have each other's backs regardless of tournament standings, characters you play, winning and losing, etc.
At the end of the day, this community thrives on the innate kindness of its members, and that's why Strife should never be accepted back. I love you guys. This year at Apex, let's all be on our best behavior and show Nintendo why we deserve their recognition and respect.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
"Reads Reddit." Well ****.

All I can say is, here's to a great Apex 2015 and an even better 2016.

James N.

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5335 0867 6499
"Boy, that Alex Strife guy was a pedophile but he organized events for me to play video games at so I'll let him pass."

Shut your mouth.

Dr.Dru

Smash Rookie
Okay seriously guys, what the poop kind of community are we? I met Alex (well that's not his real name but you know what I mean) one time at Apex 2014. He is a really nice guy, and even my mom thought so. What kind of young fools are we that whenever something we were taught is taboo in this twisted new age comes up, we literally blow up the internet? No proof whatsoever has surfaced, and the only reason the claim had been legitimized by the overwhelming majority of the community is because it's a sensitive topic for many of you. I'm sorry if this turns out to be true and I've offended many of you, oh wait, no I'm not, even if it is true, none of you would speak up on the issue, you just said, "I can't provide that information", or "it would be really hard for me". What crap. You might have the rest of the community sworn against him for whatever your real motive is, but you won't get me without proof, and I'll be fighting 'till the bitter end. Who's with me?
No proof? Have you seen the reddit threads? I understand where you're coming from but there is some very solid evidence against Strife.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
As many people are already aware, several issues regarding APEX co-owner Alex Strife have come to light over the past twenty-four hours. In response to these alleged issues, Team Apex has issued a brief announcement this morning regarding the future of APEX 2015.

At this time, Alex Strife will be stepping down from his duties at Apex. We will be moving forward with Apex 2015.

As it stands Apex 2015 is the largest Smash Brothers tournament ever and the Apex staff hopes to bring you the best experience we can.

-----
Editor's Note

Hey everyone, The Derrit here. In light of today's events, I want to make something perfectly clear. Smashboards does not condone harassment of any kind. The Smash Brothers community has been built around a love of our game series, Nintendo, and each other. I've made several life long friends playing Smash, and I'm sure many people here have as well. While forum arguments do sometimes get heated, if you EVER feel threatened, targeted or harassed on Smashboards, contact a forum moderator. We will all do our best to resolve whatever situations come up. This is a community for everyone, and we plan to keep it that way.

My best,

The Derrit

Well said. Thankfully, I have never even been disrespected on this site. Such an amazing community... as it should be. Thank you for this awesome website.

Top Bottom