• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX Staff Releases Statement Regarding Alex Strife Controversy

ninrok

Smash Cadet
NNID
rokninja
She isn't 14. Neither are any of the other people making claims. Again, apparently this was important enough for us to see now, but not the police at any point.
One of the main incidents being talked about is from EmilyKiwi who was 14 when it originally happened.

She wrote a blog about it that apparently was ignored.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Doesn't matter if being rude is intentional or not. Rudeness is rudeness. And I explained that trans people come in all shapes and sizes. Your point is irrelevant because you shouldn't be trying to figure out if a person is trans in the first place, it's their business.
Right but some are more obvious than others and until you acknowledge that this debate will go nowhere. You can have LBGT people thumbs up your comments all day long I could care less. You STILL did not respond to my original post/point but went off on another random white knight response.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
You STILL did not respond to my original post/point but went off on another random white knight response.
If your original question is "why is it wrong to reveal people who are transgender," the reason is because there are bigots out there who beat up on trans men and women.

If this was a perfect world, we would all be allowed to be whatever we wanted. But just looking through this thread is evidence enough that you can't say or do something without someone going up your ass about it. This is just a mild comparison too: insults may be just words, but the threats are very real when you see news stories of people getting beat up and even killed just because they are trans, gay, have different religious beliefs, etc.

I'm not going to get involved in the debate you two are having, just laying out the facts of the world we live in. Edit: Because of these facts, this is why it's wrong for someone to "out" trans people. So even if you have the talent to spot them (I'm not going to get into this argument), you're putting someone's life in danger when you out them this way. Hence why it's disrespectful to do so without their consent.

Also gonna add that just because this is the world we live in doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make it better.

Last edited:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
If your original question is "why is it wrong to reveal people who are transgender," the reason is because there are bigots out there who beat up on trans men and women.

If this was a perfect world, we would all be allowed to be whatever we wanted. But just looking through this thread is evidence enough that you can't say or do something without someone going up your *** about it. This is just a mild comparison too: insults may be just words, but the threats are very real when you see news stories of people getting beat up and even killed just because they are trans, gay, have different religious beliefs, etc.

I'm not going to get involved in the debate you two are having, just laying out the facts of the world we live in. Edit: Because of these facts, this is why it's wrong for someone to "out" trans people. So even if you have the talent to spot them (I'm not going to get into this argument), you're putting someone's life in danger when you out them this way. Hence why it's disrespectful to do so without their consent.

Also gonna add that just because this is the world we live in doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make it better.

Nope not once did I ever ask why it was ok to out someone who's transgender or wants to be or in the process of. My original point and I'll stick by it no matter how many white nights wants to completely try and change my statement. If you think people are not outing themselves when they start dressing like a woman/man or the beginning stages of surgery you're out of your f'ing mind if you think people won't notice. Especially in a community that'smostly younger aged people who won't think twice about talking about it in a negative way. It's funny you can't bring these kind of points up without people on the internet lashing out in you assuming you're some LBGT community hater. I encourage you to look at my instagram and see where I'm in several pictures with a girl that looks like a boy if you think I'm some random hater.

I'll restate my point one last time though just in case someone decides to make up their own again. You're out of your mind if you think people are "outting" you and people don't notice. People are going to notice until you spend 50k+ in surgery or maybe you don't want to go that far. Just don't be surprised people are noticing you. That's the part that gets me. People acting surprised they realize you're a transgender person...lol

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Nope not once did I ever ask why it was ok to out someone who's transgender or wants to be or in the process of. My original point and I'll stick by it no matter how many white nights wants to completely try and change my statement. If you think people are not outing themselves when they start dressing like a woman/man or the beginning stages of surgery you're out of your f'ing mind if you think people won't notice. Especially in a community that'smostly younger aged people who won't think twice about talking about it in a negative way. It's funny you can't bring these kind of points up without people on the internet lashing out in you assuming you're some LBGT community hater. I encourage you to look at my instagram and see where I'm in several pictures with a girl that looks like a boy if you think I'm some random hater.
Not once did I say anything bad about you. I'm lost as to why you're getting angry at me. It seems like I can't make any comments without someone getting angry at me, so I guess we're on the same boat here.

I'll restate my point one last time though just in case someone decides to make up their own again. You're out of your mind if you think people are "outting" you and people don't notice. People are going to notice until you spend 50k+ in surgery or maybe you don't want to go that far. Just don't be surprised people are noticing you. That's the part that gets me. People acting surprised they realize you're a transgender person...lol
I dunno why some people expressed being surprised, and I can't speak for those who were close to and didn't notice. All I can speak for is for myself:
I personally had no idea. You know why? Because I only see the players on the stream for like 10 minutes of the entire day of the tournament. Lol, it's not like I'm watching it to look at the players and figure out if they're trans or gay or whatever. I watch for the games. Isn't that what we're all here for? Smash?

If you can spot someone who is crossdressing from a mile away, well woop dee doo, good for you. Some people don't have your special talent or simply don't care to mention it.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Not once did I say anything bad about you. I'm lost as to why you're getting angry at me. It seems like I can't make any comments without someone getting angry at me, so I guess we're on the same boat here.
excuse me if I came across as I was getting angry with you, I'm not. I'm getting angry with all the super pro LBGT supporters that can never talk about topics like this without using basic logic. It's like it goes completely out the window and all of a sudden hypothetical "what ifs" seem to trump actual facts. It blows my mind. I digress; do whatever you want to do in life just don't be surprisedif people notice...

Top Bottom