• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

fontisian

Smash Champion
And the other questions above?

The reason I asked is as you predictwd why bessie had targeted malak because scum bessie was worried about you tracking her.

How does thay tally with me claiming I targeted malak. Surely I would be even more worried you had tracked me?

So by your own logic I must have tried to target malak if scum.

Given your not even thinking this theoguh I'm convinced your scum pushing the lynch of the one role your worried about. You have already stated you dont view ic or masons as a scum challenge.
I have already explained the push. You did it when Bessie was already under pressure, and when you were in competition with Laser for the yeet. It was an ideal bus time, I have been told you are someone who likes to bus, the last game was won, from your pov, through bussing (so you're more likely to want to do it here), the language of the push itself was too strong compared to everything else you had to done, Bessie responded like a partner trying to sell distancing, and when you had more breathing room at eod and Today you did not follow through on trying to yeet Bessie. You are a wolf.

I don't care who you may or may not have targeted.

Wam

Smash Ace
I have already explained the push. You did it when Bessie was already under pressure, and when you were in competition with Laser for the yeet. It was an ideal bus time, I have been told you are someone who likes to bus, the last game was won, from your pov, through bussing (so you're more likely to want to do it here), the language of the push itself was too strong compared to everything else you had to done, Bessie responded like a partner trying to sell distancing, and when you had more breathing room at eod and Today you did not follow through on trying to yeet Bessie. You are a wolf.

I don't care who you may or may not have targeted.
Why dont you care?

And I linked to a different push. When I wasnt under pressure and laser was clear ahead.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I think might be a difference in site expectation, but on DLP, asking someone for full reads with reasons means an entire wall with a short paragraph for each person (and preferably quote examples), so I thought he was asking for literal hours of work from me while refusing to spend a few minutes looking through some quotes.
Alright but even with that misunderstanding, do you think your response was warranted toward a fellow townie (you were town reading Boom at the time) who was trying to solve? In Midnight when I was pushing you rather extensively, the most frustrated you got was "Xivii is...uh...frustrating."

Do you agree with me that Triss and bessie are not partners because bessie was trying to attack your town read?

Wow Trisscar Trisscar good luck with everything

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Stay safe Triss. Thats a sudden turn of events.

Wam, if you had to guess, why would Bessie claim Parity cop over watcher?

Wam

Smash Ace
Stay safe Triss. Thats a sudden turn of events.

Wam, if you had to guess, why would Bessie claim Parity cop over watcher?
Because a town watcher and a tracker in a game would be unbalanced. Or it was a given false claim.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Alright but even with that misunderstanding, do you think your response was warranted toward a fellow townie (you were town reading Boom at the time) who was trying to solve? In Midnight when I was pushing you rather extensively, the most frustrated you got was "Xivii is...uh...frustrating."

Do you agree with me that Triss and bessie are not partners because bessie was trying to attack your town read?

Wow Trisscar Trisscar good luck with everything
Yes.

I wasn't strongly townreading Boom and wouldn't be able to get a read on what he was doing until he caught up and gave independent takes. I didn't need his input on anything other than which of Laser and Bessie and Wam to yeet and I gave him the posts he'd need to understand why I was looking in those three.

I think you're also misreading my tone. It's annoyed, sure, but it's not a power trip, it's outlining the overall situation and what Boom should be doing to assist. The annoyance comes from him implying that I /owe/ him my time, and me bucking at that implication.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Alright fontisian fontisian . One more thing. Do you think Wam didn't do an action last night? You said above that you don't care, but that is the only way he could be scum isn't it?

fontisian

Smash Champion
Alright fontisian fontisian . One more thing. Do you think Wam didn't do an action last night? You said above that you don't care, but that is the only way he could be scum isn't it?
No. He could have used a roleblock on Mala, or targetted me, Frozen, Triss, Ryu etc. Anyone who didn't get confirmation on their action. Or he may have taken no action on purpose. Or scum may not have a roleblocker. There are a lot of possibilities.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
No. He could have used a roleblock on Mala, or targetted me, Frozen, Triss, Ryu etc. Anyone who didn't get confirmation on their action. Or he may have taken no action on purpose. Or scum may not have a roleblocker. There are a lot of possibilities.
Well we know he is in fact a jailer because of Mala's information. I also don't think it's likely that he's lying about it preventing all actions targeting the player. So since Wam claimed before the mass claim, he couldn't have targeted anyone else because he wouldn't have known who would get confirmation on their action. So if he claimed to have targeted Mala, yet someone else was RBed, he would be outted as lying. This is especially so since he claimed that he was roleblocked. So the only scenario that Wam is scum is that he didn't do an action.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Malakandra has stated that they guessed stuff about LaserGuy and Wam. Unless you think our IC is lying about that for some reason, your assumption that Wam has to be a jailer is unjustified.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Well we know he is in fact a jailer because of Mala's information. I also don't think it's likely that he's lying about it preventing all actions targeting the player. So since Wam claimed before the mass claim, he couldn't have targeted anyone else because he wouldn't have known who would get confirmation on their action. So if he claimed to have targeted Mala, yet someone else was RBed, he would be outted as lying. This is especially so since he claimed that he was roleblocked. So the only scenario that Wam is scum is that he didn't do an action.
Mala didn't get any info.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Maven and bessie are certainly not mates. Bessie was frustrated that she was being called out for lack of content when Maven had less than her. These are responses to Frozen and Ryu and also indicate that they are not bessie's mates.
And Vic I explained why Maven is town here.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Assume that I don't think that interaction clears Maven seeing as I've complained about my scum mates lack of content before in other games and think Bessie is capable of doing so as well, and don't find those responses townie. Explain their actions at Eod yesterday, and Today, for the 3rd time.

Also, apparently you'll never let facts get in the way of a good theory if you're saying wam has to be jailer. He has the same reaction if it's a safeclaim for him, no?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Assume that I don't think that interaction clears Maven seeing as I've complained about my scum mates lack of content before in other games and think Bessie is capable of doing so as well, and don't find those responses townie. Explain their actions at Eod yesterday, and Today, for the 3rd time.

Also, apparently you'll never let facts get in the way of a good theory if you're saying wam has to be jailer. He has the same reaction if it's a safeclaim for him, no?
What. do. you. think. about. the. number. of. investigatives.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Hey. I've got a 4 hour appointment with friends so I won't be around at deadline. I'm happy with leaving my vote where it is.

Xivii Xivii about the night action planning thing, I don't think your context is right, but I'm not sure and don't have time to dig. If it is right, then I suppose I was thinking about strongman but no RB in that scenario. We iterated a lot at crunch time.

Mala didn't get any info.
This is true, or even more importantly Fonti really believes it.

Wam

Smash Ace
Then he's a scum jailer and took no-action n1 to set up an alibi. It doesn't really matter.
so your saying that scum me and the team threw away a rb in a power heavy game... right. It also doesn't work, scum kill mala and my alibi looks ****.

I could easily have claimed I targeted someone other than mala various people thre that around EOD 1. Which would have tied into the malak kill much better for me than what actually happened.

Wam

Smash Ace
Hey. I've got a 4 hour appointment with friends so I won't be around at deadline. I'm happy with leaving my vote where it is.

Xivii Xivii about the night action planning thing, I don't think your context is right, but I'm not sure and don't have time to dig. If it is right, then I suppose I was thinking about strongman but no RB in that scenario. We iterated a lot at crunch time.

This is true, or even more importantly Fonti really believes it.
Boom deadlines in 26 hours not tonight.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii Xivii Xivii Xivii So I used my vanillarization on the IC and claimed something that would fall apart as soon as I got investigated or the IC dies, choosing to no-kill as well to support it?
I especially want to know because of the bolded. Tell me why it is you believe you would be investigated and by who :)

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Wam Wam Can you remind me why you explained your full jailkeeper ability at the time you did?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I especially want to know because of the bolded. Tell me why it is you believe you would be investigated and by who :)
And

A. How would the chance of being investigated be a bad reason not to claim? How would claimedVic being investigated be different than nonclaimedVic being investigated?
B. Why would you be more likely to be investigated after successfully saving Mala? You really think you'd be anyone's priority to investigate?
C. If you're scum, how would the IC die?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Vicarin Vicarin Given what we know about Bessie's role, do you have any thoughts on the way players treated your claim start of Day 2?

Also can revisit my post here?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Feels like Xivii is actively trying to avoid responding to my question by giving me a bunch of questions in return 🤔

Vicarin Vicarin Given what we know about Bessie's role, do you have any thoughts on the way players treated your claim start of Day 2?

Also can revisit my post here?

Not much, I was mostly confused as to how many people started trying to fish out whether I was a protective role once I claimed vanillarizing Malakandra. Guess that makes anyone who tried asking that look a bit worse considering that bessie almost certainly watched Malakandra and so they'd be angling to know who protected them.

And I think Maven is scum, given their behaviour regarding the late bessie wagon and their actions today, which is why I'm voting for them currently.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Not much, I was mostly confused as to how many people started trying to fish out whether I was a protective role once I claimed vanillarizing Malakandra. Guess that makes anyone who tried asking that look a bit worse considering that bessie almost certainly watched Malakandra and so they'd be angling to know who protected them.
I saw this. If Bessie’s result had both you & Wam listed, and Mafia believed Wam to be the Town Jailkeeper, why would they need to fish you out as a protective? It could suggest Wam is on their team? It’s one to revisit if he flips Mafia.

Wam

Smash Ace
Right final thoughts having re read eod1.

1) xivii is not a bessie buddy.
2) ff looks good.
3) ryker looks better.

Below is the pivot point. Taking mala out I would bet that 2/4 of the players left in laser are scum. Lynch them we should win.
LaserGuy(5): Bessie, Vicarin, Maven89, Fontisian, Malakandra
Bessie(5): RedRyu, Wam, Ryker, Xivii, Eido
Wam(2): UtopianPoyzin, FrozenFlame
Xivii(2): LaserGuy

Not Voting(1):
Boomfrog
Push against a bessie lynch by maven here

This is dumb
This vote from boom after being convinced me and laser are town looks awful in hindsight.

vote LaserGuy
Actually, maybe town Tracker is a bum role and town is entirely passive abilities. Masons, IC, DVote, Ascetic are all passive.
Isn't this completely wrong as town passive makes the trackers life easier as it means only track results are scum.

Eido Eido did you ever answer my question as to whether the mod had confirmed ryker being town.

Reads list
Town
Malakandra
Vicarin
Red Ryu
Xivii
FrozenFlame
Eido
Ryker
Trisscar
Fontisian
Maven89
BoomFrog

Vote boomfrog
Ps this is the link font sent out on how to play as scum in things. Read this then look at her play.

Power wolf

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
did a bessie ISO, just going to be doing more re-reading while I watch football today, Ill be around for deadline

bessie has a lot of early game interaction with laser, sabrar, xivii and ryker. generally speaking I think ryker and xivii look really good given their early D1 interactions with the slot though I'm not putting advanced scum theatre from xivii out of the picture. bessie is nipping at ryker hard early game and no reason for a mate to do that imo given the passive aggressive nature of the attacks

So, Ryker, who besides Malakandra has been cleared as town?
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker are you going to respond to this?

I don’t like this, you’re basically telling a player not to contribute to the discussion, of which I do not approve. And this particular player is confirmed town, so it is important we have his voice throughout the day, even if he keeps his reads to himself until end of day.
If you really want to read me, you could, you know, either ask me some questions, or at least reply to mine, instead of making posts like #151. Oh wait, you did question me, you posted a picture of a clown in post #152 and asked if it was me. Why do you feel more secure asking LaserGuy?

Going back to post #151, why will you not respond to my question? Who was cleared in your mind when you made post #33, and why?

Vote: #HBC | Ryker
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker
#379 was completely unnecessary. Sabrar has left the game, and you still can’t drop it?

It appears I’m not the one who can’t control my nastier base instincts.
Where am I asking "a lot" to the point that it is unreasonable, and thus a red flag?

If my questions are producing jack, perhaps it is because I am not getting responses.

I'm not ready to do a complete reads list. Ask Maven for his.
this looks good for RR not turbo bussing bessie

Malakandara is mod confirmed town. Who is “everyone” on your list? At the time you made this post, I was voting for Ryker. Just going back one page to Page 13, Vicarin’s list Post #494 does not agree, he has Xivii and Maven near the bottom. So your “everyone” seems to be a select group of people. Or perhaps by everyone you actually mean fonti?
interesting interaction with UP after replacing for Sab, seems like a bit of an attitude flip from more jokey and light supplicating to confrontational, not sure how to read that, feels a bit like trying to set up for a bus

And yes, even non answers can be useful, like FrozenFlame's non-answer to this:

Frozen quoted but did not answer my question in Post #404. So #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame you want to answer this, or you want to continue to avoid giving a read on Maven's content?
good look for me and RR here with bessie again getting snippy with us

Or your reads align with fonti’s, not fonti's align with yours.
more bus set up on the UP slot?

The way Frozen's (non)response was grouped with the response below it I thought it was deliberate attempt to deflect from answering a question on Maven’s content, by going into how from Frozen’s point of view Ryker’s content also didn’t qualify as fluff. The timing probably had something to do with why I didn’t come back to it right away I was very disappointed on Saturday.

I still don’t get it. But from where I come from, just getting content from everyone could be a struggle and anyone discouraging posting was suspicious. And my vote for Ryker had nothing to do with his comment on Malakandra why are you trying to connect the two?

And how am I supposed to magically know everything you know and see everything you see about Ryker? You want me to go back and read some nine year old games like Vicarin did? I need to spend all my game time just keeping up with this one. But if you feel there is something important that would help with my understanding of this game recommend me an old game and I will skim it. I agree that Ryker is not the best lynch candidate for today. And I didn’t intend to further discuss the claim until at least tomorrow.
more good looks for RR

So what are these two posts to which you refer, in which you call me scum with a reason attached that I can respond to, and not just a vague feeling?

There's nothing to refute, you put me low on your list with no reason, and you hadn't expressed any suspicions of me previously.

Your "talking about" was post #636?

Why do you need Red Ryu’s read before you post your own, since as you say yours will be meta based so should be completely different from his?

Why? Because I'm not Laser or do you have a reason?

It's Thursday in your time zone so I'll be waiting for that read.
this post makes me feel a lot better about town!wam

lots of bessie/xivii back and forth around these posts, def a good look for xivii as this continued interaction would be very tough theatre to continue to pull off tho seeing what fonti and kary did last game has me hesitant to write that possibility off

Did not catch up so this is without today's content.

Woof
Bessie
Malakandra
BoomFrog
FrozenFlame
Maven89
Eido
Vicarin
Fontisian
Ryker
Red Ryu
Xivii
Wam
UtopianPoyzin
LaserGuy
Grr
booms placement is hella suss, UP being low still fits with my current read of bessie trying to distance/bus sab's slot, not sure what to make of the fonti and vicarin placements but they stand out too me as being too middle ground though I'm not sure if that was a defensive tactic by bessie to ward off fire from town!font or town!vic

Why yes, my list has changed. I think I would move LaserGuy up a bit.

Much of UP’s content has been LAMIST and buddying fonti, refer to my post #845 .
last ditch distancing attempt knowing shes about to flip? she barely pushed the slot at all for how long she's been hinting that she wants a UP play since sab's replacement and having UP as top scum pick after LG who we know was town

You because somitomi’s content was about average for him, but he’s a very consistent player so hard for me to evaluate on D1 when I usually read him as scummy regardless of his alignment. I feel he gave good responses to questioning which was most of his content. Your D1 content was mostly questions for others and nothing that added to my read. Red Ryu because suspecting me is not enough in itself for me to scum read him. I did find the early push on Vicarin odd as well as his initial vote for me because I felt that it came out of nowhere and he did not give good reasons. It seems most of his reasons are he doesn’t like me are based my interactions with Ryker. Red Ryu was not lower on my list because I had stronger non-town feelings on the others.

Hi Eido! How about responding to my question in #1606 ?

No one, I’m just pointing oiut that my result was for Malakandra’s alignment at the time I targeted him on N1, not on N0.

How does this make my comment look bad? Please explain.

I never said his alignment changed, interesting that you followed Wam there though.

I never claimed mason, and I was never asked by anyone to confirm or deny I was a mason.

Just because YOU have never seen this variation of the role doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist. I can maybe see your suspicion, but I am very suspicious that you called me a liar and voted for me instead of looking it up. Or asking me a question. Or asking the thread in general if anyone else was familiar with this role.

Edit: Actually I think I’m not going to answer this just to annoy FrozenFlame.

I didn’t receive result that will tell me Makakandra’s alignment. Again, you are scum reading me because YOU don’t understand how the role works.
this post is also good evidence of wam/bessie not being mates. I find it weird that we see some of the first real interaction with the maven slot other than her mentions of the slot by proxy when she accused me of trying to dodge giving reads on maven

Vote: Trisscar

this may change pending re-read completion but I've already explain why I think UP was scum independently on meta read and bessies interactions with the slot are suss af

fontisian

Smash Champion
Frozen, friend, you're seeing things that legitimately point against Bessie/UP as distancing and obvious distancing between Wam and Bessie as clearing. You've got a confirmation bias problem.

(Yes, I am prepared to eat crow if Wam is town and UP scum.)

Top Bottom