• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

fontisian

Smash Champion
In this spot, the real Eido would talk to y'all about why Maven is town, how Triss has some town points, and convince everyone on Wam. I don't have the energy to do that. Instead, Frozen, Vicarin, I'm going to ask you to trust me and yeet Wam instead of pursuing your personal suspects Today. He will flip scum.

Wam

Smash Ace
In this spot, the real Eido would talk to y'all about why Maven is town, how Triss has some town points, and convince everyone on Wam. I don't have the energy to do that. Instead, Frozen, Vicarin, I'm going to ask you to trust me and yeet Wam instead of pursuing your personal suspects Today. He will flip scum.
Entertaining typo!

And if your town font you need to work on your tunnels.

Tbh having fought through things and lost as I was an obvious mis lynch in lylo. If I'm going to go I would rather go now.

Wam

Smash Ace
Trying to figure out wam's thought process here. Luckily he answered first.

So why did you change to voting me instead of Fonti, what changed your mind?
Because if I had to put %on it you would be 80-90 % font is 50-60%

fontisian

Smash Champion
Wam, if you're town, you need to talk abput your process on Bessie, specifically why you went from hard scumreading her to say we shouldn't kill her Today.

Wam

Smash Ace
Wam, if you're town, you need to talk abput your process on Bessie, specifically why you went from hard scumreading her to say we shouldn't kill her Today.
Simple we had a large pile of data from the mass claim. We had several plans for.the night which could have lead to useful data. Why not keep the kill until we.had more data.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Simple we had a large pile of data from the mass claim. We had several plans for.the night which could have lead to useful data. Why not keep the kill until we.had more data.
What plan exactly were you ok with? And who would have been a better kill than Bessie at the time?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I saw this. If Bessie’s result had both you & Wam listed, and Mafia believed Wam to be the Town Jailkeeper, why would they need to fish you out as a protective? It could suggest Wam is on their team? It’s one to revisit if he flips Mafia.
Let's think through the scenarios:

If wam is mafia and Vic is town then mafia intentionally withheld to give wam town credit. If he was town he'd have been RBed so he has to fake it. Bessie watched Mala and tried to kill Mala to cover her targeting and also see what other roles town has that are defensive, they see only vic. (Side note FF is not aligned with Bessie because he said "everyone targeted Mala" but scum knew that's not true). I would expect wam and Bessie to either show TMI about Vic being protective or to completely avoid talking about it.

If wam and Vic are both Mafia then the whole thing was a complicated scum gambit. It relies on town not having a way to disprove the claims. In this scenario Vic is a vannilizer who is voluntarily giving up using his power usefully all game in order to sell this story. Frankly this is a bold and elaborate plan that I don't think wam or Vicarian or bessie would go for. They are all more reactive players, something like this would require an aggressive player on the team.

If Vic is scum an wam is town then there's no way scum have a RBer also, so this just falls apart.

So no. Vic is town in all cases. You really don't need to worry about him.

Wam

Smash Ace
See I can see the logic from bessie for a malak target.

With your plan font we get clears all ways. So that says we need to shoot/lynch outside of bessie, font, wam, bic malak.

I would be in favour of waiting till d3 to use the shot.
What plan exactly were you ok with? And who would have been a better kill than Bessie at the time?
For someone who thinks I'm scum you dont read my posts much :)

Eido

Smash Journeyman
BoomFrog BoomFrog I'm questioning whether Mafia knew Wam / Vic's roles were different. If Wam was Town Jailkeeper to Mafia, they could have deferred to him being the protective role from Bessie's result. But we see an interest in Vic's role as being the protective one, or another protective one. If Wam is Mafia, that part of the thread could have clues.

How do we know a Mafia Roleblocker exists?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Actually, the wam withhold for town credit thing doesn't make sense either in that light. Again that is a proactive plan, that just isn't wam or Bessie's style. Their teammate would have to be someone in the Boomfrog/Fonti/Ryker/Xivii group.

Wam is only scum if and only if Fonti (or I) are scum, and he's probably just town. Vote Fonti first.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog I'm questioning whether Mafia knew Wam / Vic's roles were different. If Wam was Town Jailkeeper to Mafia, they could have deferred to him being the protective role from Bessie's result. But we see an interest in Vic's role as being the protective one, or another protective one. If Wam is Mafia, that part of the thread could have clues.

How do we know a Mafia Roleblocker exists?
Either wam is scum or a mafia roleblocker (or redirector) exists. Because wam targeting Mala we know failed since Mala can attest he was vanillized.

fontisian

Smash Champion
For someone who thinks I'm scum you dont read my posts much :)
Yes, but /why/ did you agree with that plan? What did you think the outcome would be?

And who would you have yeeted instead?

Wam

Smash Ace
Yes, but /why/ did you agree with that plan? What did you think the outcome would be?

And who would you have yeeted instead?
Because it would have either linked you to bessie or shown you were opposite alignments. At that point I wasnt sure but based on my re read boom.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Xivii Xivii Eido Eido #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker Wam is a bad yeet. Vote for me or Fonti.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame I don't agree with Fonti's dismissal of your read, but if Trisscar is scum then their partner is Fonti. Vote Fonti first.

Vicarin Vicarin Maven is town because his defense of Bessie is too shamelessly blatant. Most scum try to be subtle about helping their partners. Unless you think I-barely-have-time-to-even-play-Maven read the "art of powerwolfing" before game.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
At that point I wasnt sure but based on my re read boom.
Your reread has me scum based on helping Bessie. So why would you have yeeted me in that case when you didn't know bessie's flip?

Wam

Smash Ace
Your reread has me scum based on helping Bessie. So why would you have yeeted me in that case when you didn't know bessie's flip?
Fair. As I said I didnt know at the time. I would have been suspicious of you for helping push laser over the line when you were town reading him but it would not have been the same level as it is now.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Actually, the wam withhold for town credit thing doesn't make sense either in that light. Again that is a proactive plan, that just isn't wam or Bessie's style. Their teammate would have to be someone in the Boomfrog/Fonti/Ryker/Xivii group.

Wam is only scum if and only if Fonti (or I) are scum, and he's probably just town. Vote Fonti first.
Xivii Xivii is this correct? My impression is that it's obviously wrong, "fake being roleblocked" after being forced to claim is one of the most basic scumplays in the book. I don't see why Bessie or Wm wouldn't have thought of it.

Wam

Smash Ace
Xivii Xivii is this correct? My impression is that it's obviously wrong, "fake being roleblocked" after being forced to claim is one of the most basic scumplays in the book. I don't see why Bessie or Wm wouldn't have thought of it.
I will admit I love a gambit. But why would I not just target someone else and claim that?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Fonti that's what I'm saying. I'm asking Boom the question.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'm curious about why BoomFrog dropped the "Fonti's role only makes sense if Bessie is town" argument. I guess he realized it made him look bad.

Wam

Smash Ace
Yeah so ordered /s

Wam will do what Wam thinks is best. Dont want to lock down a protective role, but I dont have any active abilities and I'm guessing the masons don't either.
No, Wam should be on Mala or Ryker so he doesn't roleblock anyone.

And that's why the role doesn't make sense. With an inno child, town!Wam always just targets Mala n1 (assuming no other claims), because it's the objectively correct move. There's no agency.
I think we should withold his action.
wait a second actually wam should be on bessie
not ryker, another person can protect mala

and by another person i mean me

Oh and font what changed your mind from

Your questions are nonsense. How am I supposed to answer who you would have roleblocked last Night? It could have been almost anyone.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
is going to be packing all day, trusts Xivii, Fonti is concurring with Xivii here apparently

Vote Wam

(sidenote, literally every time I type that I'm inclined to type it WAM! after the band of same name)

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Boom do you believe Vic / Wam are aligned differently?
That's a weird way to ask the question. I'm saying Vic can only be scum if wam is scum and it's an elaborate plan, which I find very unlikely. Therefore Vic is town, but the night action stuff doesn't prove anything about wam without including tone reads in the calculation.

I'm curious about why BoomFrog dropped the "Fonti's role only makes sense if Bessie is town" argument. I guess he realized it made him look bad.
It's still true, but repeating myself to browbeat people isn't my style.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
If he's actually a roleblocker I don't think he'd do that. Maybe if he's a different role but was given the fakeclaim of superjailer.

Top Bottom