• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Frozen seems angry that his plan to shoot Fonti hasn't worked the way he wanted, but I might be OMGUSing a little.
I'm angry because we spent all EoD3 deciding that there had to be scum in fonti/triss/boom and now that triss and fonti have flipped town everyone seems to have forgotten about the painstaking effort we went through to arrive at that PoE. also frankly it's blowing my mind that now knowing we had town!fonti, we aren't listening to her intense conviction all D3 that you're a ****ing wolf. and I'm taking my own guilty for ****ing up and tunneling triss D3 when I should've not been paranoid of fonti and listened to her out on you guys cuz I need an outlet sorry

also, why the **** would I kill fonti? she was soul town reading me and would've voted for you in a heartbeat today. and if its town!fonti and town!you, doesn't scum me have an amazing interest in creating that thunderdome situation today? this is just blatant baseless shade throwing

Frozen and Red have had a weirdly hard town reads of eachother despite the conflicting claims.
I have never had a "strong town read" on RR. I've had a strong "RR is not mafia with bessie" read on him all game. I've called him the likely SK multiple times, everyone reading this game should know this, this is massive misrepresentation of the interaction between me and RR meant to rhetorically suggest buddying that has never happened. we're working together to yeet bessie's mates and that's it, RR has know I would be looking at him immediately if we yeeted 3 scum and game isnt over

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame @#HBC | Red Ryu Who claimed first between you two?[/quote] I claimed first, RR claimed literally right after me

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
also, why the **** would I kill fonti? she was soul town reading me and would've voted for you in a heartbeat today. and if its town!fonti and town!you, doesn't scum me have an amazing interest in creating that thunderdome situation today? this is just blatant baseless shade throwing
That's valid, I don't think scum you would have shot her.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Boom gonna be honest I'm planning on voting you currently.

The first reason is just PoE we had with Fonti and Triss.

The second reason is your treatment of Bessie and behavior around the Bessie shot.

Then there's Bessie's treatment of you, especially day 1 she backed up Somi alot and continued on.

Theres also the worst part is that the other 3 all have solid reasons for them being town. Which sucks because I know I have to be wrong about one of them.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
But does FF kill fonti and have a perfect town tone?

Does Ryu start a case on Bessie early day 1 and follow all the way through by shooting her?

Does Vic setup that claim and show a lot of towntells from his playstyle?

Its a struggle

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I get it man like take the time you need, I know I'm being an obnoxious asshole but its just really to make a point and be blunt

this game is full of very strong players, I mean we don't have an EoD3 with that much indecision and paranoia if we aren't playing a game as stack as this lets be honest

its just like I feel like **** for sticking on triss and legitimately pissing her off that much when I was just trying to get the slot to take real positions and like that caused fonti to tunnel with me because I wouldnt shut the **** up and that completely derailed her from spearheading boom and im just pissed that we are where we are now because we couldve just listened to fonti yesterday and been in a way better ****ing position today, so yeah im partially venting that frustration with my own poor play

like fonti is a good ****ing player and if she says its ****ing boom and there are plenty of good reasons to think that including insanely strong PoE then there's no way I'm not doing that like Im sorry it's the ****ing obvious play, but again Im understandably arguing from my POV and yalls respective PoEs understandably warrant greater fonti skepticism

from my POV people trying to undermine what I legitimately believe to be a very clear logical progression to ensure the town does not get ****ed screams scum power move which is where my hostility to vic and boom is coming from. boom has to be a ****ing bingo, we need to flip his slot like there is literally no better move at this juncture

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I'm still leaning Boom.

I keep rereading back to end of Day 1, with him locking Bessie out as an option, and coaxing other players to pick between LaserGuy & Wam.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
like literally ask me anything I will do full blown AMA for as long as you need if it means you guys will decide tonight you have no idea how badly I'm ready to get this part over with and start working on the solve for endgame, this is purgatory for me lol

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Malakandra Malakandra Have you read anything from Boom that makes you doubt his connection to Bessie?
Nothing that I think is actually substantial. Biggest worry is how he was pretty obviously trying to stop Bessie from being shot and it makes you wonder if scum boom goes that obvious but thats mainly WIFOM and has end bias. I'm guessing scum boom tries to do what Xivii did in sumting and get the vig shot put up to a vote and he actually thought that would work.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Im hoping Boom flips with a joat that has like a one shot vanillaizer and then we can just easy out Vic because otherwise I'm really not looking forward to next game day.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
trust me I know how suss it looks but I hate giving obvscum room to spread FUD, it's infectious

and I want a dopamine hit you know this is legit wanted the same **** on the kary yeet in Thing I Like lmao

Malakandra

Smash Lord
**** Eido why we have to solve this **** lol. I'm kinda new and you are totally new why are the mafia gods cruel to us

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
seriously ask me anything I'm down to chat, it's just like the right call is literally RIGHT in front of us and you two are the only people left I can hope to convince so like having you both here now to work with is the only meaningful gameplay left to me this phase, like you two are the town keys to endgame Im trying to prevent you from second guessing what should be obvious

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
if you don't trust me like trust fonti seriously

and trust how absolutely salty bessie got when I was dogging her and how petty she got with the refusal to claim the info she got and whatnot cmon do you seriously think that level of spite was theater?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I want to ask people if it isn't (Prime suspect) then who is it but with 4 people it doesn't work.

FF, you think Boom's partner is Vic yah? What do you think happened action wise night 1 then?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
if its vic!scum then he is a scum vanillizer that he used on you deliberately knowing he could cash in partial confirmation of his claim for town cred. we have ZERO evidence that you are actually life linked to him, and even if you are that can still be a scum ability. scum may have figured that with wam claiming jailer and not getting misyeeted D1 that challenging that tempo was fruitless and so sought to ingratiate you and instead of fearing you as a clear, using you as a ticket to endgame by link one of their own to a slot. either the scum knowingly did this and no killed or shot elsewhere and that was still somehow blocked or negated. remember, we also have ZERO evidence that RR hasnt lost his bulletproof, he has no incentive to claim that it's used up, especially if hes indy, because then he's a sitting duck for the scum kill

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I'm prepared to accept Frozen playing us if he turns out to be Mafia.

Almost everyone wanted to shoot him when Ryu had the gun. This included Boom / Vic / Ryu. Were the Mafia hiding in this pool of players to sway the shot away from Bessie here? I'm leaning yes.

There's his overall tone. He had low-to-mild suspicion from Xivii / Fonti D1, and still continued to be in players' faces with reads that looked against the grain (like UP). He jumped on Bessie with Ryker EOD1, and heavily blasted the details of her claim. So all-in-all, I'm leaning more to the side of him being Town.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I am also trusting Fonti's read too, they seem to know each other well. The synergy yesterDay would have allowed her to spot any inconsistencies in his play. My only doubt here is that she was loud & wrong this game.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
End of Day 3 Vote Count:

Fontisian(3): BoomFrog, Eido, Malakandra
Trisscar(4): FrozenFlame, RedRyu, Vicarin, Fontisian

Not Voting(1): Trisscar
The Night kill flavour is bothering me.

Is it a delayed kill? "Bled out" looks timed.

With this in mind, someone on Triss' wagon may have known Fonti was going to die, and so didn't vote her.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I feel like bled out is timed as it explains alot personally.

I'm also cool with losing to FF lol.

Fonti is an amazing player so trusting their reads is good but I'm also trying to follow their dying words to me and take responsibility for my actions and while I have been torn between teams I feel like it just has to be boom.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
also remember that we were too late on the switch last EoD so I'm not sure how much I'd look into that aspect. Though we should know atleast 1 scum in on Trisscar lol.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think it's a mistake to read too deeply into the flavor, sure it's consistent with a delayed kill but it's more prevalent than the "explosion" flavor and so I'm also suspecting it could just be 3 man scum team with a bonus "hitman/strongman" kill that corresponds to the explosion flavor

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I think the team could be:

Bessie / Ryu / Boom
Bessie / Ryu / Vic

And possibly Bessie / Boom / Vic

I still don't believe Mafia Boom offers his team mate as a potential lynch choice 3 hours before deadline, when he could have gone Frozen / Ryu (the other 2 coasters he identified).

Top Bottom