• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX GF's... QQ

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
only bad players worry about this.
QTF. Just go and play. It's not boring if you don't suck. I never see pro's post about this **** or even semi good people. This is the type of **** that kills the community. And yes you are complaining just like those other people.

dam people who ALWAYS agree, disagree, or remain insanely neutral.

poega

Smash Apprentice
lol

Omg Y.Link vs Jiggs in Melee :O It's Barwl now!

Omg Cable vs Spiral in MvC2 :O It's Brlaw now!

Omg Sim vs Sagat in AE :O It's Balrw now!

Omg Hawkeye vs Joe in UMvC3 :O It's Bwlar now!

Omg Eddie vs Axel in GGAC :O It's Blarw now!

My point is, just because you have two defensive characters facing off doesn't mean a complete metagame shift. Seriously.
Omg Link vs Fox in SM64 :O It's Bwarl now!

Omg Terran vs Zerg in SC2 :O It's Blwar now!

Omg Spectre vs Void in Dota :O It's Barwl now!

Omg CT vs CT in CS :O It's Brawl now!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I personally don't care how many ways the game can be played. If I want to watch a Brawl match, I'll turn on a Brawl video. I play and watch Melee with action in mind. And I'm all for defensive play, but I resent exclusively defensive play. No one in the community can honestly say they'd rather watch HBox Vs. Armada than Shiz vs. Mango.

:phone:
then maybe your perception needs to change. japanese brawl players are very aggressive, should brawl players be mad?

melee is versatile, that's all there really is to it. some player play "lame" others have mad swag, both styles are apart of the game.

:phone:

Luma

Smash Lord
actually i'd rather watch another armada vs hbox set then 2 spacies doing the same combos/gimps for the 10000th time, and as far as i know players like amsah agree aswell

maybe just try playing such a "campy" set for once actually before you jugde it, there is nothing wrong with it and even though its not "fun" to watch because there is no hype, it is action-packed and thrilling till the last second

Merkuri

Smash Lord
QTF. Just go and play. It's not boring if you don't suck. I never see pro's post about this **** or even semi good people. This is the type of **** that kills the community. And yes you are complaining just like those other people.

dam people who ALWAYS agree, disagree, or remain insanely neutral.
This just isn't true. Pros complain about it too. In fact I think Hax was complaining about it in this thread.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
This is sadly the natural progression of the direction melee was moving, the only way to beat a smart gay style is to play gay yourself. Then when people see it works and gets you money...well I think I just summarized the whole thing right there. Its possible to be aggro smart but for people that are below the level of players like hbox, mango, pp n such it pays more to be cautious and win your matches rather than take a risk. I aint defending camping/planking n all that but what im saying is ppl are gonna do what works.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
This is sadly the natural progression of the direction melee was moving, the only way to beat a smart gay style is to play gay yourself. Then when people see it works and gets you money...well I think I just summarized the whole thing right there. Its possible to be aggro smart but for people that are below the level of players like hbox, mango, pp n such it pays more to be cautious and win your matches rather than take a risk. I aint defending camping/planking n all that but what im saying is ppl are gonna do what works.
People haven't been doing that? I thought everyone played to win, it's just back in the day, the players were definitely slower and did not know as many creative combos as they do now.

Varist

Smash Lord
gay is, in essence, something not conducive of fun for both players.

like in real gay sex, how one guy has to suffer through the penetration, and the other guy's just being all gay and **** and doing his stuff and he's the only one having any fun.

so that's what gay means, since you asked. just saying. i liked grand finals.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman

like in real gay sex, how one guy has to suffer through the penetration, and the other guy's just being all gay and **** and doing his stuff and he's the only one having any fun.

Erm, I think the point of being gay is that you like the penetration. Just sayin.

like in melee when take it in turns getting bodied by some outrageous combo but love it all the time really

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Erm, I think the point of being gay is that you like the penetration. Just sayin.

Um....I think that's the point. Your opponent is being gay but you're not, you don't want to be penetrated but that's what he's trying to do to you.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Can you guys stop making it visibly obvious that a large part of the community sucks? It creates a giant black hole of complete garbage.

Varist

Smash Lord
but what does a large part of the community suck? and is it really a large part of the community, or are the things they're sucking the large parts?

and whose black hole are you referring to? I don't think anyone would tackle a "black" hole, per se. Maybe a white one. Those are far less dangerous.

But who really knows what happens once you enter a hole anyway?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
To summarize the op:
"What happens when every person starts playing puff and young link?"

Also, it's not hbox's fault that armada played the way he did. In actuality, it's really only 1 player playing this way as a counter to 1 other player.
I was a bit sad at all the HBox hate comments when he didn't camp the first little while until he noticed he was going to lose if he didn't and as they said in the stream he was told to play that way, tried it and it worked, well it got him the reset.

Metà

Smash Master

I'm not sure if you're trying to be funny, homophobic, or both. Just stop posting altogether and these boards will improve vastly overnight.

Varist

Smash Lord
i'm being funny, but you're being a hater.

stop the cancerous spread of haters.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Varist, I don't know what you did, but I laugh at more of your posts, now. Please, continue (in a reasonable fashion, obviously).

Top Bottom