• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2015 Will Continue Despite Bad Weather

NWCA_Matthew

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone,
I'm here to introduce the NWCA crew to the Melee world.
The crew consists of 3 members,
1. NWCA_Peter
2.NWCA_Matthew
3.NWCA_Bryn
We have been training lots lately and think by now we are best in the world.
Not even Mango could beat us.
We'll money match anyone just let us know.
I'd like to give a big, quick shout-out to all of our up-and-coming sponsors. Lately the alliance has really been, you know, putting in those tough training hours. It's obviously paid off extremely well for us. Breaking into the scene like this really stirs things up in overall world rankings. We were planning on going to the last couple of big events but things just haven't really turned out. We heard that if we went we would just get worse and the TV lag is always so heart-breaking. Playing with casuals isn't really for us. We will be hosting a melee tourney on February 30 feel free to come, regardless of how ****ty you are. The address is 3963 Borden St. Buy in is $751.49.

NWCA_Peter

Smash Rookie
Thanks Matt!
Sorry I forgot to mention the tournament.
Message us if you'd like to join, room and board is on the house if you're coming from a ways away. Just let us know!

NWCA_Bryn

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone,
1. NWCA_Peter
2.NWCA_Matthew
3.NWCA_Bryn
The Alliance contains without a doubt some of the best Melee players in the world to date. We've been analyzing M2K's gameplay and rapidly adjusting our style of play to the point where there is no doubt on victory. We play with frame by frame precision accuracy, so I am 100% confident in our ranking as the #1 crew in North America right now. We are accepting challenges, but fair warning, the NorthWest Coastal Alliance is not a force to be reckoned with.

NWCA_Bryn

Smash Rookie
Big shout out to my boy MangoKing for helping us get into the scene here on Smash Boards.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I'm in NJ and I dunno, doesnt seem safe here... I love Apex and all, but maybe we should move it back a week? Dont want anyone to get hurt or anything...

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Not sure if I read that right but it could clear up until the weekend.

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
I also heard about Blizzard "Juno" in German news. I hope everyone will be alright !

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
um good luck to the people who try to make it though...

Is it bad that the thing I'm most worried about not being there is SSF2 @ APEX?

Last edited:

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I'm in NJ and I dunno, doesnt seem safe here... I love Apex and all, but maybe we should move it back a week? Dont want anyone to get hurt or anything...
There are over thousand of players that have bought flight tickets and/or gotten days off from work to make it to aapex at this date. Moving it THREE DAYS BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT BEGINS would the dumbest thing imaginable

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Diddy Kong doesn't belong in the Winter :4diddy:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
There are over thousand of players that have bought flight tickets and/or gotten days off from work to make it to aapex at this date. Moving it THREE DAYS BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT BEGINS would the dumbest thing imaginable
I know, I know, that's true. Can't exactly change everyones tickets free of charge or anything before then. Um... Well the storm should die down a little by then but it really is a shame some players will miss out because of cancelled flights...

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
And this is why Apex should be held in Florida

Well I mean cept for hurricane season

Don't do that.

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Lets hold a petition to #MoveApex2015ToSummer Everyone is off from school and no one has to worry about the weather repost and tag me if you agree.

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
I'm 6+ hours outside of NJ and the weather is intense......really needing that postpone/reschedule APEX

Chinoyz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chinoyz
Code:
If zero can't come then this apex will be a sham
LOL who the hell cares about that fatso? now if some top Melee Player like Armada can't show up that would be a sham

Chinoyz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chinoyz
Hi everyone,
1. NWCA_Peter
2.NWCA_Matthew
3.NWCA_Bryn
Go troll somewhere else, bunch of clowns

FunkyPanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aaron45689
Okay, why can't they just reschedule the event instead? Do they seriously still expect for everyone to make it through that blizzard there?

And what, in hell's name, does the Ice Climbers have to do with anything?
Its a joke tino ....

Chinoyz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chinoyz
To the 'smart' people asking why they are so stupid and don't just postpone Apex: You really think it's that simple to postpone an international tourney with over 1k attendance from all over the world just days before? What about all the people from EU, Japan etc... who are already in the U.S.?
And that the venue is always free and for Apex only?
I know it's not ideal and risky to keep it going but what other options do they really have?

Last edited:

NWCA_Peter

Smash Rookie
Try to show some evidence before saying how good you are at that game.
Firstly, I'd like to thank the smash community for all the feedback we've been getting. If you would like to see how good we are, come on over to our tournament in Febuary. Many of the other top tiered smashers will be there, but don't worry, if you're not up to the level of competition, the NWCA will be signing autographs at 4:00 pm on the 29th. Hope to see you there!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Firstly, I'd like to thank the smash community for all the feedback we've been getting. If you would like to see how good we are, come on over to our tournament in Febuary. Many of the other top tiered smashers will be there, but don't worry, if you're not up to the level of competition, the NWCA will be signing autographs at 4:00 pm on the 29th. Hope to see you there!
Just for that, I can't wait to see one of Melee's Gods 4-stock one of you guys ^_^

NWCA_Peter

Smash Rookie
Just for that, I can't wait to see one of Melee's Gods 4-stock one of you guys ^_^
Apologies, but again, you're mistaken.
I could 16 stock a whole crew by myself.
I appreciate you're thoughts, however.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Apologies, but again, you're mistaken.
I could 16 stock a whole crew by myself.
I appreciate you're thoughts, however.
I can 16 stock n00bs too

Any video proof or it just so happened that "the greatest players in the universe" don't have the equipment to record of their "exploits"?

Last edited:
Top Bottom