• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2015 Will Continue Despite Bad Weather

Dagon97

Smash Journeyman
When I saw this article on the home page I thought it said, "Apex 2015 will be dicontinued" and my heart skipped multiple beats

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
You guys remember in the first Pokémon movie when Mewtwo invited everyone to the island and then caused the storm? I'm not saying Mewtwo's gonna be at Apex, but Mewtwo's totally gonna be at Apex.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why am I getting a mewtwo strikes back vibe?
I like where this is going:

It all makes sense now, it's not the ice climbers it's mewtwo! He must have escaped when nintendo was transporting his reveal trailer.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Okay, why can't they just reschedule the event instead? Do they seriously still expect for everyone to make it through that blizzard there?

And what, in hell's name, does the Ice Climbers have to do with anything?
Thank you for stating that. The answer is, they have NOTHING to do with this

USA •Se7en•

Smash Rookie
NNID
KhaozPraetorian
Actually Nintendo planned all of this. In the middle of Smash Wii U grand finals, there's gonna be a power outage, and when power comes on there's gonna be Ice Climbers DLC ready.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Lol, this would be the perfect oppoturnioty to announce ICs for smash 4, a trailer mixed with a newsreport and some gameplay where they do similar but new thing like they did in brawl with their chaingrabs with absolute destruction. That would be sooo hype!

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Even WWE Raw got cancelled tonight since it was originally in Hartford, CT and got replaced with mostly a Royal Rumble recap show that's on now.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
If this is the IC's revenge then Lucas' will be catastrophic.

He's gonna unleash the dragon and reset the whole world man oh no

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That sucks. For those still able to attend Apex, please travel safely and don't put yourself too much at risk. It's best to play it safe in regards to snowstorms such as this.

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
It would be an incredible feat if the tourney still happens and is both extremely hype and wildly successful. My only concern with the storm right now is if whether or not it may cause a power outage in the area during the tourney. It'd suck if it happened during grand finals or something.

But the show must go on. Best wishes to the APEX team and everyone attending - stay warm and stay safe.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
If Ninty reveals ICs DLC during the blizzard, the American Northeast is going to riot because it isn't funny and the rest of us are going to laugh our asses off.

M@v

Subarashii!
The storm is ending in the AM on Wed., so there's plenty of time for the roads to clear up. I'm getting there Wed. evening and I'd be happy to give an update on conditions.

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
I gotta agree they were asking for it when they cut Ice Climbers and Lucas. Get a nice heavy dose of PSI Freeze shoved up your asses. I'll just sit here in Arizona with nice sunny 72 degree weather.

Joking aside anyone who is still going to APEX remember to stay safe. I know how terrible driving in winter is [I lived in the Northwest for 19 years of my life]. Don't try to contest Mother Nature. She will bite you for it. Keep blankets, extra coats and gloves, some sort of food, and a flashlight in your car if need be. Best of luck to everyone and keep safe!

AngryDeathBox

Smash Rookie
Best of luck to those flying in for apex. Hope at least the majority of people get to still make it in time for apex, I'm quite hyped for it, even though I'll just be watching from home

42rockjock

Smash Cadet
damn...and to think all the misfortune leading up to apex started because they cut PM....lol

NWCA_Peter

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone,
I'm here to introduce the NWCA crew to the Melee world.
The crew consists of 3 members,
1. NWCA_Peter
2.NWCA_Matthew
3.NWCA_Bryn
We have been training lots lately and think by now we are best in the world.
Not even Mango could beat us.
We'll money match anyone just let us know.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I feel like APEX should host these events, during the spring-summer seasons. That way, your not in the risk of having to drive through the bad snow storms. Now it's going to be from 2500+ players down to 100 players, due to how severe the weather storms are, and all the air flights are cancelled.

Is there a way we can get our money back if we realize we can't come to the APEX tournaments, because of the bad snow storms?

Top Bottom