• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2015 Results

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
For all the people complaining about how the TOs handled smash 4, I think the TOs went through plenty and manged to have successful tournament when it looked like there wouldn't be one. So complaining about the way they handled smash 4 when they only had two days for the entire event is foolish after they did so much to save the event.

Last edited:

Jmcpappy

Smash Cadet
Lol

Thats an awful lot of assumptions you are making there, with no source I'm sure. Considering when the streams were separated and that Sm4sh's viewership was only a few thousand behind Melee, I highly doubt that it was to "build viewership" for the game itself. .
"only a few thousand" lmao. Not only is that SIGNIFICANT, but i was watching both and the stream numbers were vastly different. TeamSpookey, the smash 4 stream, had only 15,000 viewers at the time while VGBC had 60,000 after leffen defeated M2K.

I think it's pretty safe to say those "assumptions" were pretty accurate.

Last edited:

Jmcpappy

Smash Cadet
"only a few thousand" lmao. Not only is that SIGNIFICANT, but i was watching both and the stream numbers were vastly different. TeamSpookey, the smash 4 steam, only had 15,000 views at the time while VGBC had 60,000 after leffen defeated M2K.

I think it's pretty safe to say those "assumptions" were pretty accurate.

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
Glad PPMD won. Smash 4 got boring after the pacman lost and diddy wins yay...

The-Jester

Smash Cadet
I was sad to see M2K lose to Dabuz, and then I was even more sad to hear that he got knocked out by Shroomed. Oh well, you're still awesome M2K congrats on 1st 1st and 2nd in Doubles!

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
What to expect at the next year APEX:
DIddy Kong and Diddy Kong vs Diddy Kong and DIddy Kong Doubles
Diddy Kong vs Diddy Kong Singles

...and surprise surprise, only about 20 of the 52 characters were actually used in the tournament, and 17 out of the 52 characters won in singles.

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
#mangobuster

Happy for PPMD, seems like a nice guy unlike Leffen. Good thing he didn't make it to GF.

RWR Soul

Smash Rookie
I mean to be fair:

- ZeRo has been playing since day -60
- he's one of the few truly dedicated Diddy mains
- only 3 Diddy's made top 16, all three dedicated mains
- the other Diddy's ended up in losers, m2k lost to Olimar... Which ZeRo then beat

That seems pretty reasonable. not to pick on just your comment, but seems to be the common thing to say and I don't think that's really fair.
We neat more people like you.

CamJamSlamMan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cam_TriforceMan
3DS FC
4811-6936-8465
As a Greninja main, watching aMSa play him in Smash 4 was pretty hype. And watching Abadango's Pac-Man against NinjaLink's Mega Man was really entertaining.
Not too surprising that ZeRo took it with Michael Bolton but he definitely fought some good fights; the match between him and Mew2King in particular was probably the highlight of Smash 4.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I kinda agree with you, but no one really cared about brawl, everyone was interested in melee and smash 4, it's not right that it wasn't streamed but that's just how things are
Based on the twitch chats, I understand why you think no one is interested in brawl, but that's actually false. Brawl probably has the smallest following of all smash games, however, that is not a small number considering the size of the smash community. There are likely a few thousand who would have happily watched brawl top 16 live and thousands more who would have watched the youtube videos. Also, brawl top 16 was not a boring metaknight vs ice climbers battle like people imagined. Top 5 had two Snakes, two ZSSs, one Metaknight, and one Ice Climbers.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Where do I look to watch the Brawl videos?
Not a minute of brawl was streamed :(
Here is the bracket: apex2015brawl.challonge.com/singles

Edit: I'm sorry for the double post, I didn't realize.

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Any word on what this supposed "announcement" was?

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
For all that happened in Smash 4 Top 8, I'm pleasantly surprised at the amount of civility and lack of hating going on in this comment section. Keep it up, guys.

UltimaNylocke

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ULTI#211
NNID
UltimaNylocke
So I fell asleep, did stream show who won the GC Adapter Giveaway?

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Which was the special announcement?

SupaKMW

Smash Cadet
Great apex, I think they did a great job with the event, considering they shrunk a 3 day event into 2. SSStier damage control and it made me proud to be in the community. ...until I cringed at the twich chat during the smash 4 games...such disrespect. Complaining about how long smash 4 was taking when good melee matches and good smash matches take about the same amount of time. Yeah in melee you can completely erase someone if they aren't up to snuff and due to a few defensive options things have balanced out a lil bit in smash 4 from a technical stand point....But dudes seriously. ....maybe as a community we really should separate because it seems like we can't Co exist...just food for thought. Loved all the matches though. ...minus what Dabuz did to pacman....

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
A palutena in the top 16? W00t w00t :D (yeah I see the diddy next to her...shut up and let me have my moment...)

SupaKMW

Smash Cadet
I love smash 4....we will get stronger. We are doing awesome even though we aren't using all of our options.

Snowbird

Smash Cadet
I haven't read page 2 or 3 but I feel page 1 got it backwards. I was under the impression that the organizers wanted the sm4sh community to watch the melee finals, not the melee community to watch the sm4sh finals. We wanted sm4sh to be really good as did everyone else, but, unfortunately, it is exactly like we said and thought it would be. Slow, defensive, comboless, etc. By having melee finals right after it sm4sh players could see how good melee is. And I know a few sm4sh players who don't know much about melee who stayed up to watch the finals because it was so much more hype and "less boring" than the sm4sh finals.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Great apex, I think they did a great job with the event, considering they shrunk a 3 day event into 2. SSStier damage control and it made me proud to be in the community. ...until I cringed at the twich chat during the smash 4 games...such disrespect. Complaining about how long smash 4 was taking when good melee matches and good smash matches take about the same amount of time. Yeah in melee you can completely erase someone if they aren't up to snuff and due to a few defensive options things have balanced out a lil bit in smash 4 from a technical stand point....But dudes seriously. ....maybe as a community we really should separate because it seems like we can't Co exist...just food for thought. Loved all the matches though. ...minus what Dabuz did to pacman....
Well to be fair, Rosalina can't do any of her aerial killing moves (which are some of her best options) to pac-man because of how he plays. I have a roommate who plays pac-man himself, and the issue is that if he is in the air, he can drop the fire hydrant on you and then F-smash it, so you have to respect pac-man in the air and let him do his thing, otherwise you get punished. So Rosalina literally has to wait till the hydrant comes down before she can do anything. If anything, pac-man is the true villain because he was spamming the hydrant and the projectile; it wasn't like he was going all ham either, they were both playing campy, it's just that rosalina is forced to play pac-man's game and camp, otherwise she gets bopped. Don't forget that pac-man has 2 ways of getting back to the stage, the up B usually guarantees if he only bounces twice. Overall, pac-man is the sole reason why rosalina had to camp, and not debuz's mentality. I don't understand why people don't get that pac-man is just lame.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
If the winner was a character other than Diddy Kong in both singles and doubles, I would not be complaining. But I hate the results of Smash 4 more than the results of Melee by a landslide; talk about little diversity of characters...on both.

(Also, anyone mind telling me what these Nintendo announcement rumors were about?)
There was 9 different characters used in top 8 in smash 4 and 17 different characters in top 16 that is pretty diverse and don't look at it as diddy kong winning it was CT Zero winning because of how good he is at the game.

SupaKMW

Smash Cadet
Well to be fair, Rosalina can't do any of her aerial killing moves (which are some of her best options) to pac-man because of how he plays. I have a roommate who plays pac-man himself, and the issue is that if he is in the air, he can drop the fire hydrant on you and then F-smash it, so you have to respect pac-man in the air and let him do his thing, otherwise you get punished. So Rosalina literally has to wait till the hydrant comes down before she can do anything. If anything, pac-man is the true villain because he was spamming the hydrant and the projectile; it wasn't like he was going all ham either, they were both playing campy, it's just that rosalina is forced to play pac-man's game and camp, otherwise she gets bopped. Don't forget that pac-man has 2 ways of getting back to the stage, the up B usually guarantees if he only bounces twice. Overall, pac-man is the sole reason why rosalina had to camp, and not debuz's mentality. I don't understand why people don't get that pac-man is just lame.
I dabble with pacman too and the dude refused to grab. Had pac got some grabs in that fight may have played out differently. I believe abadmodo. ... (I know I butchered his name) panicked when his strategy wasn't working and wasn't adapting quick enough.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
I haven't read page 2 or 3 but I feel page 1 got it backwards. I was under the impression that the organizers wanted the sm4sh community to watch the melee finals, not the melee community to watch the sm4sh finals. We wanted sm4sh to be really good as did everyone else, but, unfortunately, it is exactly like we said and thought it would be. Slow, defensive, comboless, etc. By having melee finals right after it sm4sh players could see how good melee is. And I know a few sm4sh players who don't know much about melee who stayed up to watch the finals because it was so much more hype and "less boring" than the sm4sh finals.
Nothing about the melee top 8 was hype it was pretty boring only mango vs leffen and leffen vs amsa was any fun watching.

Freak Ability 6

Smash Rookie
I wish Esam and Anti were there, would've been a lot more hype. Proud of ZeRo for winning, but I guess I'm a little salty that Diddy actually ended up winning

Top Bottom